/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i need some advice

nebula
09-29-2007, 09:32 PM
asalaamalum bros and sisters

hmm i dunno what happend to my other post that i posted :S but anyway ill just say it again.

well last friday after the jummah prayer finished the teacher at my college was picking a random person to do kutba and lead prayer for the next friday jummah prayer and he choose me.
i was shocked and scared lol because im not really confident speaking infront of loads of people...
now i need to do a kutba and lead the prayer, could anyone give me some advice that could possibly give me confidenence and some duahs please oh and maybe some help on how to do the friday prayer properly and some good topics to do kutba's on

thanks in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
09-30-2007, 07:19 AM
:sl:
i think you should do a khutbah that is relevant to everyone. for example, how to use up the rest of ramadan wisely or something to do with aqeedah. for example, there are some people that grave worship in some counties. im not sure if thats common in your country, or relevant to the epoeple in the country your in, but ym point is utilise the crowd. take advantage and talk about something that would benfit them as a whole. maybe the impotance of brotherhood. maybe the impotance of prayer. also make it short and sweet. dont talk for two long.

as for the prayer, you recite:
8- Friday Prayer

He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would sometimes recite soorah al-Jumu'ah (62:11) in the first rak'ah and "When the hypocrites come to you" (Munaafiqoon 63:11)273 in the second, sometimes reciting "Has the story reached you of the Overwhelming?" (Ghaashiyah 88:26) instead of the latter.274 Or sometimes "he would recite "Glorify the Name of your Lord Most High" (A'laa 87:19) in the first rak'ah and "Has the story reached you" (Ghaashiyah 88:26) in the second."275
------
273 Muslim & Abu Daawood. It is given in Irwaa' (345).
274 ibid.
275 Muslim & Abu Daawood.
http://muttaqun.com/prayer/notes/notes09.html#fn272

as for the manner of the jumuah prayer:
Praise be to Allaah.

Women do not have to pray Salaat al-Jumu’ah (Friday prayer). Ibn Qudaamah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “As regards women, there is no difference (among the scholars) concerning the fact that Jumu’ah is not obligatory for them.” (Al-Mughni ma’a al-Sharh al-Kabeer, 2/151). But if a woman prays Jumu’ah in the mosque, then she should pray two rak’ahs, just like the men. Ibn Hazm (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Jumu’ah is not obligatory for one who is weak because of sickness or who has another valid excuse, or for women, but if any of these people attend Jumu’ah, they should pray two rak’ahs.” (al-Muhallaa, 5/81). So if a woman goes to the mosque and prays Jumu’ah, this is good enough, and she does not have to pray Zuhr too. And Allaah knows best.
Source

sorry brother, i know the the manner of the prayer isn't very detailed, but thats all i could find.
oh yeah brother, check this video out. i know its a comedy, but there is some really good points in there for a khateeb

piXie
09-30-2007, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
well last friday after the jummah prayer finished the teacher at my college was picking a random person to do kutba and lead prayer for the next friday jummah prayer and he choose me.
:salamext:

Masha'Allaah! ah, good for him

i was shocked and scared lol because im not really confident speaking infront of loads of people...
prepare it really really well n u'll be fine insha'Allaah

could anyone give me some advice that could possibly give me confidenence and some duahs please oh and maybe some help on how to do the friday prayer properly and some good topics to do kutba's on
tell u what, if u let me, i will prepare the Kutbah, give u the specific du'as u need, and also give u tips on how to do it

My younger brother also does friday Sermon in his college, would u like me to prepare urs along with his ?

chacha_jalebi
09-30-2007, 12:44 PM
salaam

aaah bless ya bro

jus remem the basics like sitting btwn the two khutbahs

theres a book selected friday sermons, that has loads of topics to talk bout

nex week we planning to have khutba bout layla tul qadr, you can copy us:p lol try to base it around relevant issues

dont make it too long or borin, bust some jokes:D

and if you feel nervous jus take a piece of paper with notes on it

good luck:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
09-30-2007, 12:51 PM
thanks to everyone for there advice so far...

yeah pixie i would be really thankfull if u could do that for me

thanks alot! :D

mashallah really nice people on this forum

Re.TiReD
10-08-2007, 01:10 PM

A little late unfortunately...

But 'Lift up your hearts' is a collection of 30 Khutbah for friday prayer by Abdur Rasheed Siddiqui. Published by the Islamic Foundation. Great book Masha'Allah.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-14-2007, 09:04 AM
by the way rbother, how did the khutbah go?? can you post it up??

------
10-14-2007, 03:22 PM

Yeh, how did it go bro nebula?

nebula
10-14-2007, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Yeh, how did it go bro nebula?
salaamalakum sisters

yeah mashallah it went really well man... like people were listening to be but they were lookin at the floor i think thats coz they were listeing (intentfully) i think thats the right word. I was really nervous when i was reading it lol i aint gonna lie but it just happend so fast it was weird i cant explain it...

but it makes me feel proud of myself (proud in a healthy way) because im not a very confident speaker im kinda shy. Now when ever i have to do something in the future like a speech or something i can just think to myself, (hey if i done a khutbah infront of so many people then why cant i do this?) if you know what i mean.

i would like to thank sister piXie because she prepared my khutbah for me..

Kittygyal
10-14-2007, 05:50 PM
Salamualikum.

Masha'Allaah.. May Allaah guide you. Amin

Ma'assalama

Maidah
10-14-2007, 09:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
asalaamalum bros and sisters

hmm i dunno what happend to my other post that i posted :S but anyway ill just say it again.

now i need to do a kutba and lead the prayer, could anyone give me some advice that could possibly give me confidenence and some duahs please oh and maybe some help on how to do the friday prayer properly and some good topics to do kutba's on

thanks in advance

bro plz change ur pic, it's really scary......:scared:

Miss Palestine
10-14-2007, 10:03 PM
lolzzzz

Ummu Sufyaan
10-15-2007, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
bro plz change ur pic, it's really scary......:scared:
lol. yeah it is a little, isn't.

nebula
10-15-2007, 05:07 PM
sorry sis but me and the pic were ment to be :D heh

it kinda looks like me in real life :D nahh joking

Maidah
10-15-2007, 05:33 PM
^ ur choice bro, but i aint jokin i had nightmares after watching that pic on ur display.:embarrass

Anyways if u like it then so be, im just gonna avoid looking @ that corner nd only read in the middle.:statisfie

nebula
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
^ ur choice bro, but i aint jokin i had nightmares after watching that pic on ur display.:embarrass

Anyways if u like it then so be, im just gonna avoid looking @ that corner nd only read in the middle.:statisfie

u seriously had a nightmare coz of my pic? :ooh:

Maidah
10-15-2007, 05:44 PM
^ i'm not jokin:embarrass , i know it sounds weird but its true. Why else would i ask u 2 change it??:embarrass

Bt it's ok, like i said, i'll just learn 2 live wiv it nd not look @ that side.

nebula
10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
salaamalakum sis
lol sorry but i really like the clown hehe if you have problems maybe you should move to another forum :mad:

jkkking, u dnt need to be scared of it coz u dnt have to fear anything but Allah!! swt

Maidah
10-15-2007, 05:52 PM
^^ no need to get pissed, i didn't order u 2 change it. You do as u wish, if u really love it, u keep it. I just told what i thought of it, it's called posing an opinion. SIMPLE!

nebula
10-15-2007, 05:55 PM
salaamalakum

i said jking = joking im not angry :peace:

Maidah
10-15-2007, 05:58 PM
well appereantly i didn't read that bit:embarrass

so i guess sfe bro. :peace:

Al-Hanbali
10-15-2007, 05:59 PM

This thread is digressing, please keep on-topic.

nebula
10-15-2007, 06:01 PM
yeah i didnt clock that it was lol... oh so em lets take it back on track

The day i done my khutbah in college the teacher told the class that our Prophet PBUH used to do khutbah's with 1 word? im not sure if this is true..

correct me if im wrong

Al-Hanbali
10-15-2007, 06:04 PM

A quick question bro, did you deliver the khutbah in arabic or english?

nebula
10-15-2007, 06:10 PM
i done it in english but i read the duah's in arabic with a english translation for each duah

Ummu Sufyaan
10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
are you goning to post it up, brother?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.