/* */

PDA

View Full Version : missed fasts

AnonymousPoster
09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
i wanted to ask if ive missed a number of fasts is it farz for me to redo them after ramadan ends?

and what if i want to keep shawwal fasts?

will i have to complete my ramadan fasts before i can keep my shawwal fasts?

is there a limited time to keep the shawwal fast?

if there is how long is it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
:Sl:

If she wants to earn the reward mentioned in the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “Whoever fasts Ramadaan then follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime” (reported by Muslim, no. 1984), then she should complete her Ramadaan fasts first, then follow it with six days of Shawwaal, so that the hadeeth with be applicable to her too, and she will gain the reward mentioned in it.

As regards the matter of permissibility, it is permissible for her to delay making up her Ramadaan fasts, provided that she makes them up before the next Ramadaan comes along

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=408...g&txt=shawwaal

hope that helps

sevgi
10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
i have heard diferent views on whether or not u need to fast the ramadan ones first...i dno...

but yes, u must do the ones u missed--throughout the year before the next ramadan...

u can do the six sevvals whenever in the month of sevaal..but i dnt think they need to be consecutive...

inshallah u will get some more solid advice from other members...

peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.