/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Groups

islamirama
09-30-2007, 11:26 PM
:sl:

anyone here a member of any yahoo groups? anyone a moderator or owner?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
09-30-2007, 11:43 PM
i've been a member of a lot of them, but currently not active in any. (this is my only active forum).
there is a huge variety of interests and also in the way they are set up. some are public, some private (but membership is practically automatic), some you must write a little about yourself to the mod first. some have extensive file sections relating to the subject matter of the group.
there is probably a group for anything you can think of, no matter how strange.
you have the option of reading the posts at the web site or getting them by e-mail.
some are not discussion groups at all. for example groups like this one:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ALQURANIC/?yguid=71854460
i've never owned one.

islamirama
09-30-2007, 11:45 PM
thanks snakes, just trying to get a feel of what members in here know about them. if you look at my signature, all 3 of them are yahoogroups :)

snakelegs
09-30-2007, 11:54 PM
they all look like good ones. do you own any of them? do you know if it is free to own a yahoo group?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamirama
10-01-2007, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
they all look like good ones. do you own any of them? do you know if it is free to own a yahoo group?
I moderate all 3. it is free to own one, it's not easy to get members though unless it's a stupid group like geared towards adult audience or sports or video games or something.

NobleMuslimUK
10-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Are they same like myspace on MSN, well blogs and pics can be posted. I am thinking of setting up the blog is it a good idea. PS i am gonna set up dawah blogs:p and advertise them on non muslim forums :D to spark interest of potential newcomers to islam. Dont nick my idea:eek: . Please update me on this jazakallah khair.

~Taalibah~
10-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm a member of two yahoo groups not islamic though:embarrass .
Islamirama, your groups look good, thinking of joining teenislam:muddlehea .

islamirama
10-01-2007, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
I'm a member of two yahoo groups not islamic though:embarrass .
Islamirama, your groups look good, thinking of joining teenislam:muddlehea .
by all means join them, make sure you're a teen:)
although i have some non-teens on there :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK
Are they same like myspace on MSN, well blogs and pics can be posted. I am thinking of setting up the blog is it a good idea. PS i am gonna set up dawah blogs:p and advertise them on non muslim forums :D to spark interest of potential newcomers to islam. Dont nick my idea:eek: . Please update me on this jazakallah khair.
:w:

they are better than the msn ones. I've tried MSN's but they just don't cut it. These ones used to be egroups.com but then yahoo bought them out since they were so popular and great ;)

Blog is a great idea but it won't work on this yahoogroup site thought. There are some popular sites for blogs. you should go with one of them, it'll help get some traffic flowing your way. I know of these 3 great ones, was reading news on this blog thing, but it's at home so will have to find email at home pc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.