/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I want to convert to Islam

Nothern Comfort
09-13-2005, 08:29 PM
I feel Islam is the way, I've looked into it quite a lot and I'm still and square one, I want to convert to Islam, but I've got no idea where to start. Also, I'm a 14 year old white South African, will I be accepted in the Islamic community?

Thanks,

Sam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
A7med
09-13-2005, 08:33 PM
SALAAM-Peace

why wont u be accepted in the MUSLIM COMMUNITY?? :confused:

Muslims are all sorts of CULTUREs :brother:

Try to find out about where ur local mosque is and try speaking to others muslims and the IMAM :D

MAY ALLAH GUIDE U AND ALL OF US TO THE RIGHT PATH!!!

M Ilyas
09-13-2005, 08:34 PM
:sl: Nothern Comfort

Course you'll be accepted into the Islamic community!Btw are you currently in South Afrika if you are there are plenty of Islamic communities there. How would your parents react if you converted?

Regards

Uthman
09-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Peace,

I, too, suggest you go to your local mosque and consult with it's imaam (leader). :)

Feel free to stick around and ask any questions that you need clearing up or anything that may be bothering you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Henry
09-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Assalamu Alaikam Waramatuallah Wabarakatu

Wow dude, I am so happy for you. If you want to talk to me (I converted/reverted a couple years ago), Just IM me on AIM: Persondude012

Muhammad
09-13-2005, 08:54 PM
Greetings Sam,

Welcome to the site!

It is such a great thing that you have found the path that will lead you to success, and I am so happy for you that you wish to revert. (The reason we say 'revert' is because everyone is born a Muslim, therefore you are simply coming back to the natural religion).

It is very easy to become a Muslim... speak to any Muslims in your area and you can also speak to anyone of us on this site and we will be most happy to help you with any problems you may have.

And your last question has already been answered: Of course you'll be accepted in the Muslim Community, since we love having new members to share the happiness with us :)!!!

Peace.

- Qatada -
09-13-2005, 09:06 PM
heyy!

O mankind, We have created you from a male and a female and have made you into nations and tribes for you to know one another. Truly, the noblest of you with God is the most pious. Truly, God is All-Knowing, All-Aware. (Quran, 49:13)

The Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alai hi wasalam) said: "O people! Your God is one and your forefather (Adam) is one. An Arab is not better than a non-Arab and a non-Arab is not better than an Arab, and a red (i.e. white tinged with red) person is not better than a black person and a black person is not better than a red person, except in piety."*

(*A pious person is a believer who abstains from all kinds of sins, performs all good deeds that God commands us to do, and fears and loves God)

like the brothers and sisters said.. if you can go to your local mosque - you can take the shahadah (testimony of faith) there. its simple, all you have to say is:

"La illaha Illallahu Muhamadur Rasullulah"

you have to say it in front of a few witnesses and then thats it, your a muslim insha Allah (in Allah (swt)'s will) :D please dont be afraid to go there and you can ask them or post any questions you might have here on the forum and we'll try our best to help. :brother:

peace be upon you! and we'll pray for you insha Allah :D

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-13-2005, 09:21 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by akhee
"La illaha Illallahu Muhamadur Rasullulah"
Meaning, There is none worthy of worship except Allah, and Muhammad is his final messenger - thats all you have to say to become a muslim!

I'm so happy for you, Br. Sam! May Allah swt bless you! A good site to increase your knowledge of Islam would be the following:
http://www.beconvinced.com

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

If you decide that you are ready to convert, make sure that you have the right intention in mind. The reason to embrace Islam is if you believe that it is the true path. This may seem obvious, but there are some people who enter a religion just because they like that culture's traditions, or because they like the community. Don't worry so much about whether the community will accept you - your only question is whether God will accept you and the answer is a resounding YES! God has promised an enormous reward to those who seek the truth and follow the straight path! You will be forgiven of all your past faults, and you will be starting a fresh life as a Muslim. You will be living your life with purpose and faith in God illuminating your soul.

As for being accepted into the community, I am sure you will not only be accepted, but celebrated! :)

Again, if you have any questions, let us know and we'll be happy to help out! (Answering questions in my specialty ;) lol )

May the guidance and mercy of God be with you!!

Khayal
09-13-2005, 09:28 PM
Alhamdulilah & MashaAllah :)
May ALLAH swt bless you!!! InshaAllah :rose:

Sultan ahmet
09-13-2005, 09:38 PM
brother check out this website.. www.ask-imam.com. Its a south african imam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-13-2005, 10:42 PM

Hey bro, This really made my day hearing you say this. Inshallah you will be more then accepted, it will be as if you were always a muslim :D

madeenahsh
09-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Asalaam alykum warahmatuallahi wabarakatuh

MashAllaah Am Glad to hear the good news from you

May Allaah SubhanWaTa'aAllah make it easy for you to establish Tawheed(to single out Allaah alone for worship) very deeply rooted In your heart and May Your Aqeedah (belief)(understanding and manners) and manhaj ( methodology)be Upright.

‘‘This first to embrace Islaam from the Muhaajireen (those who migrated from Makkah to al-Madeenah) and the Ansaar (those who lived in al-Madeenah and aided them after migration) and those who follow them in goodness (correct ’aqeedah and manhaj). Allaah is well-pleased with them, as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them gardens underneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever. This is the supreme achievement.’’ [Sooratut-Tawbah 9:100]

Also, the Messenger (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said: “Whoever Allaah desires to show goodness to, He gives him the understanding of the Religion.”

TAWHEED – IT’S IMPORTANCE FROM THE SUNNAH:

And what proves the importance of Tawheed from the Sunnah is that the Chosen one - ’alayhis-salaatu was salaam - remained in Makkah thirteen years amongst the disbelievers, calling them to it, and saying to them,

“Say: None has the right to be worshipped except Allâh and thus be successful...” [32]

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, “I have been sent close to the Hour, with the sword, so that none has the right to be worshipped except Allaah alone, without any partner. My sustenance is beneath the shade of my spear. And humiliation and ignominy is for whosoever opposes my command. And whosoever resembles a people is from them.” [33]” [34]

Similarly he would send his Companions to various communities ordering them with this Tawheed first - as was the case when he sent Mu’aadh Ibn Jabal to Yemen, saying, “Indeed you are going to a people from the People of the Book, so let the Tawheed of Allaah be the very first thing you call them to..

Ibn Abil-’Izz (d.792H) - rahimahallaah – said, “Knowledge of Usoolud-Deen (the fundamentals of the Religion) is the most noble branch of knowledge, since the excellence of a certain type of knowledge depends upon what it is concerned with, and this is the greater Fiqh (understanding), which is why Imaam Aboo Haneefah (d.150H) - rahmatullaahi ’alayhi - called that which he compiled concerning Usoolud-Deen: “al-Fiqhul-Akbar.” (the Greatest Fiqh). The need of the servants for this knowledge is greater than every other need; and it is the most necessary of all things for them, since there is no life for the hearts, nor any delight, nor any tranquility, except through knowing their Lord, the One to be worshipped, their Creator - with His Names, His Attributes and His Actions, and that He - along with all that - is more beloved to the person than anything else. So man’s striving is with regards to everything that will draw him nearer to Allaah, to the exclusion of the creation.

Mankind’s Greatest Need: Tawheed

InshAllah This little infomation I Hope and pray will be of great help to u

May Allaah reward you to be A better Muslim day by day Insha'aAllah Ta'aAllah

Barakatuallahi feekum wasallam alykum

youn9_mu$l!m@h
09-14-2005, 12:31 AM
$@L@@m$ why wouLd you not b3 @cc3pt3d?!t !$ @ b!9 $t3p But !f u st!LL @t $qu@r 1 th3n !M me @nd M@ $H@ ALL@H you @r3 !nt3rr3$t3d !n !$L@@m M@Y ALL@H 9u!3d you @nd u$ @LL @m33n.

baby_muslimah15
09-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey welcome to LI( you should start by sayin the shahadah which is 2 say there is no one worthy of worship except Allah, and Muhammad(pbuh)is His servent messenger.. dont worry about if any one well accept u only worry about worshiping 1 God because you well never be able 2 please ppl... If u dont have a quran you should try and get 1 because that well help you grow in the deen and better your understanding. Once you say your shahadah and believe in it your a muslim.. And also if you have any more question just send me a private message and I well try and help you...

F.Y.
09-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Assalamualiaum! (peace be with you)
What wonderful news Brother Sam. You sure will be welcome into our global community. Cant wait to hear more news from your end. We'll all help you out, inshallah.
:)

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-14-2005, 01:43 AM
I'd ask that members do not bombard Br. Sam with detailed articles, provide links if you must. Also, there is no need to discuss Christianity since Sam has not introduced himself as a Christian.

JazakumAllahu khairan (May Allah reward all of you).
:w:

Mainul_Islam
09-14-2005, 11:04 AM

MashAllah! its rare for 14 year olds to convert

will u be accepted or not? dont even ask! whether u r a king or a slave, white or black, or whatever.. u can still be a Muslim!

P.S. welcome to the forum

-------------

bro Henry, according to ur profile, u r 14 yrs old or so.. and u said u reverted a COUPLE OF YEARS ago?! whoaa!!! u must have been REALLY young! by the way.. i added u in AIM.. i will IM u sometime, if u dont mind :-p

basitisnumberone
09-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Alhamdullilah, subhanAllah , Allahu Akbar
i'm really glad to hear that you're reverting bro
you're in my duas insh'Allah. (prayers, God willing)
peace

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-14-2005, 04:39 PM
alhamdulilah we have a new revert! allahu akhbar

لا يؤمن أحدكم حتى يحب لأخيه ما يحب لنفسه
The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

muslim_rose18
09-14-2005, 04:46 PM
alhamdulilah a new revert :)

لا يؤمن أحدكم حتى يحب لأخيه ما يحب لنفسه

The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself."

Danish
09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
I feel Islam is the way, I've looked into it quite a lot and I'm still and square one, I want to convert to Islam, but I've got no idea where to start. Also, I'm a 14 year old white South African, will I be accepted in the Islamic community?

Thanks,

Sam
yep, u will be accepted. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, thousands of ppl r reverting everyday! u will fit it :)

if u r confident that islam is the truth, then let not ur age stop you! goto mosque nearest near you, and the ppl will guide u. To become muslim all u have to say is "there is no god but Allah and Muhammed is his messenger".

Let us know when u reverted!

Din-al-Islam
09-15-2005, 10:06 AM
As-salâmu wa 'alaykum / Hallo Nothern Comfort..

Mashâ'Allâh you think to convert to Islâm.. I convert to Islâm for 6 monts ago.. Alhamdulillâh..

Ma'salâma..

Hijaabi22
09-15-2005, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nothern Comfort

Thanks,

Sam
MashaAllah, that is top stuff!!!! Jus do what you think is ryt, and remember: Islam is the haq, the truth, a religion of peace and submision to one God, Allah....Jus do your research and inshaAllah, this may be exactly what you want, and if so Congratulations!!! Welcome2Islam!!

Nothern Comfort
10-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Resently, I've been putting converting to Islam into a lot of consideration, I have one question for you.

Is the way I look Haraam?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture022.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture020.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture024.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...2/PICT2010.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...icture0151.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...Picture005.jpg

Thanks for any help,

Sam.

- Qatada -
10-23-2005, 09:34 PM
heyy! welcome to the forum.

islams a religion for all colour/backgrounds. our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) said:

"O people! You are all from Adam and Adam was made of dust. No Arab is to be preferred over a non-Arab except by virtue of his piety." He also said: "Allah does not look at your shapes or your colors but He looks at your hearts (intentions) and your deeds. Creatures are the dependants of Allah and the closest among them to Allah are indeed the most useful to His dependants."

and nope.. therefore it dzt mata how you look like. as long as a person is pious.

peace.

minaz
10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
lol nooooooooo you don't look "haraam", trust me i know a lot of ppl who look like bloody pagans, nah you look normal. However at the end of the day it's what's in the inside that counts - is your belief and are your actions halaal (if not don't worry cuz Islam will certianly make everything ok!)
all the best

Genius
10-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Dude Islam rocks! hot stuff btw, do u live in America or in England?

Nothern Comfort
10-23-2005, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genius
Dude Islam rocks! hot stuff btw, do u live in America or in England?
Neither actually, I'm from South Africa, Dutch decent.

ABWAN
10-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Resently, I've been putting converting to Islam into a lot of consideration, I have one question for you.

Nice to know that you are considering Islam... just curious, what made you think you look haraam?

Nothern Comfort
10-23-2005, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
Nice to know that you are considering Islam... just curious, what made you think you look haraam?
I don't know really, I think curiosity came over me. Well, now I know I don't :D

Danish
10-23-2005, 10:09 PM
of course not, i personally know at least 20 reverts ro islam :)

what religion do u follow? feel free to ask if u have any Q inshallah

- Qatada -
10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
hey.

yeh like bro danish said - if you have any questions to ask which your unsure of - plz ask and we'll try with Allah (swt)'s help to answer your questions! thanks.. i have to go now though so take care! cya.

peacee.

Nothern Comfort
10-23-2005, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
of course not, i personally know at least 20 reverts ro islam :)

what religion do u follow? feel free to ask if u have any Q inshallah
None at the moment, I never really have followed a religion, I've been searching for a path for about 3 years now and never really looked into Islam because of all the media's sterotypes. Then, about 2 months ago, I decided to forget the sterotypes and look into Islam, and I found it to be completely different, although strict, it was the first religion that had ever felt true to me.

But the conversion process has been holding me back, I know I have to say a declaration (I forget the name, lol), but does this have to be done in front of witnesses at a mosque, and regisitered, etc?

eyes_of_mine
10-23-2005, 10:34 PM
Salam Alykum Sam

you look normal brother so dont worry about it.
There is a special mosque, learning centre in south Africa, it was run by Shiekh Ahmad Deedat, till he passed away recently, they have an education tour there and mosque tour aswell as giving you LOADS of free litreture and you can go there and take shahaada aswell they are realyl helpfull there, and people from all over the world go there, even school kids !
If you dont know about this mosque I will find a link for it for you.

eyes_of_mine
10-23-2005, 10:58 PM
http://www.ahmed-deedat.co.za/
There is the site, click on welcome to Islam at top of page and take it from there, hopefully you live in durban !
Lucky you, I would love to go to this mosque and centre :)

Samee
10-23-2005, 11:17 PM

Bro, you have my name. Sam in Islam comes under "Samiullah" meaning The all-hearer. Shorter its Samee, which is my username.

May Allah help you come to Islam.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-23-2005, 11:28 PM

Brother, take that step and convert to Islam, By God, a journey of a thousand steps starts with the first :) Looks hold no importance in Islam as the bros and sisters above have explained really well :)

- Qatada -
10-24-2005, 06:23 PM
But the conversion process has been holding me back, I know I have to say a declaration (I forget the name, lol), but does this have to be done in front of witnesses at a mosque, and regisitered, etc?
hey..

lol u meant shahadah.

regarding your question about the witnesses - its not compulsary but please just check the following link out. it should explain insha Allah.

Does Making Shahadah Need Witnesses?

if you still dont understand - just post up and we'll try to answer your questions. thanks!

Umm Yoosuf
10-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Hello :)

May Allah guide you to the right path :thumbs_up. Alot of young people are coming to Islam these days. One of my friends coverted/reverted to Islam when she was 12 years old. She went through alot of hardship because her family hated Islam :( After hardshipe comes ease, Peace and Tranquillity.

If you have any questions fire away with it :thumbs_up

Desai
10-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Alhamdulillah (All praise to Allah)
The recitation of the actual "Shahaadah" is not a requirement for conversion to Islam. Even if a person merely expresses his faith in Allah and his rasul (saw), he is declared a Muslim. Rasulullah (saw) asked a slave woman once, ‘Where is Allah?’ She replied, ‘Up there.’ He then asked, ‘Who am I?’ She replied, ‘The Prophet of Allah.’ Rasulullah (saw) declared her a Muslim. This clearly shows that the recitation of the actual "Shahaadah" is not a requirement for conversion but it is merely preferable. May Allah guide you and us on the right path. Ameen

and Allah knows best

Danish
10-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Peace
bro trust me, there is only one Question u need to be worrying about: Do you believe there is no God but Allah and Muhammed is his Messenger?

if ur answer is yes, then goto mosques bro :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.