/* */

PDA

View Full Version : roosters crowing...

sevgi
10-01-2007, 05:00 PM
salams...

does anyone know why roosters crow at morning prayer time?

my mum always told me that its coz they see the angels...:embarrass but there are angels around all the time...

i know this is lame and pretty random but...its totally valid.

can anyone shed light on this....?

thank u all in advance...

wassalam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
piXie
10-01-2007, 05:07 PM
:salamext:

here u are:

Abu Hurayra (RA) narrated that the prophet (SAW) said: "When u hear the crowing of a cockerel, ask for Allah's Blessings for (their crowing indicates that) they have seen an angel. When u hear the braying of donkeys, seek refuge with Allah from Shaytaan for (their braying indicates that) they have seen a devil.

[Recorded by al-Bukhari (6/350) and Muslim (17/47)]

thats what u wanted right ? :?

sevgi
10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
wow...ok

yes that is what i wanted.

jazakallah sis...

my mum wasnt joking...lol...

that is intresting...
:D

Pk_#2
10-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Lol aww i was jus' about to post that, piX got there before me :D Donkeys always make noises that's saying summin :o|

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
wilberhum
10-01-2007, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
salams...

does anyone know why roosters crow at morning prayer time?

my mum always told me that its coz they see the angels...:embarrass but there are angels around all the time...

i know this is lame and pretty random but...its totally valid.

can anyone shed light on this....?

thank u all in advance...

wassalam.
Like all birds, roosters sing – or crow, as the case may be – in a daily cycle. Almost all animals have daily cycles of activity known as “circadian rhythms.” A rooster crows because he has an internal clock that helps him anticipate sunrise. That way he knows when to begin his daily hunt for food and defense of his territory.
More
(http://www.earthsky.org/faq/why-roosters-crow?q=printme)

Pk_#2
10-01-2007, 08:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Like all birds, roosters sing – or crow, as the case may be – in a daily cycle. Almost all animals have daily cycles of activity known as “circadian rhythms.” A rooster crows because he has an internal clock that helps him anticipate sunrise. That way he knows when to begin his daily hunt for food and defense of his territory.
More
(http://www.earthsky.org/faq/why-roosters-crow?q=printme)
Don't be silly. :-\

Ok he see'd an angel @ 'sunrise' woo :D

wilberhum
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Don't be silly. :-\

Ok he see'd an angel @ 'sunrise' woo :D
http://www.ag.ohio-state.edu/~twig/a...ml/061597.html
Why do roosters crow in the morning?
Roosters don't crow at dawn to be noisy or annoying. They're protecting their turf!

Before chickens were domesticated, a rooster -- that's a male chicken -- used to travel with a group of female chickens. The group claimed a particular area as theirs; they raised their families and hunted for food in this territory. The rooster took it upon himself to crow out to any passing birds that this is their spot.

Song birds do the same thing. It's still pretty dim and cold at dawn, even though the sun is rising. Dim light means birds can't find food very well. On top of that, insects -- the preferred food of many birds -- don't come out in cold temperatures.

Birds don't have much to do until the insects come out, so birds that wander use the time to find a spot for the day.

That's where the singing comes in. Birds that already have a territory -- including chickens -- sing to send a message to both neighboring birds and passers-by that this is their territory.

So, the next time you hear a rooster crow or a song bird happily chirping in the early morning, you'll know what they are really saying: Keep out!

Scientifically yours,

Twig

wilberhum
10-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Even more fun and reality based.
http://educ.queensu.ca/~science/main...ev/CMSTJC1.htm
Why do roosters crow in the morning?
When chickens were wild animals, roosters would crow to attract mates; the louder they crowed, the more likely a mate would come. This became very dangerous to the roosters, however, because their loud crowing also attracted predators. Roosters, therefore, began crowing at times of low visibility, namely in the early morning and late afternoon, when it would be more difficult for the predators to find them.

islamirama
10-01-2007, 08:40 PM
wilberhum,

there can be two answers without one being wrong. you maybe right scientifically speaking but at the same time we are not wrong either. We all know that not all the creatures see the same stuff. Some have abilities others don't.

For example, while you and i can only smell the stink of the garbage, a dog can smell individual things in there and tell you what is in there. while you and i need time find waldo on a paper, an eagle can spot a mouse running thru the bushes at such a far distance.

When you open your mind and extend it beyond our limited version of science, many things are possible that we ignore due to our own lack of knowledge and/or limited understandings.

wilberhum
10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
wilberhum,

there can be two answers without one being wrong. you maybe right scientifically speaking but at the same time we are not wrong either. We all know that not all the creatures see the same stuff. Some have abilities others don't.

For example, while you and i can only smell the stink of the garbage, a dog can smell individual things in there and tell you what is in there. while you and i need time find waldo on a paper, an eagle can spot a mouse running thru the bushes at such a far distance.

When you open your mind and extend it beyond our limited version of science, many things are possible that we ignore due to our own lack of knowledge and/or limited understandings.
Roosters are territorial creatures and don't much like other roosters trespassing on their land. So they crow in order to establish their domain and warn other roosters to stay away or prepare to brawl. And because their internal clocks are sometimes set a bit early, some roosters begin crowing well before sunrise.
(More)
http://amos.indiana.edu/library/scripts/rooster.html

I'm still looking for one that talks about angles. :muddlehea

islamirama
10-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Roosters are territorial creatures and don't much like other roosters trespassing on their land. So they crow in order to establish their domain and warn other roosters to stay away or prepare to brawl. And because their internal clocks are sometimes set a bit early, some roosters begin crowing well before sunrise.
(More)

Stop while you're ahead if you're trying to find one for angels in limited human capacity of reasoning and understanding. You will find many explanations in the secular domain, where your knowledge is limited to what you conjure up.

wilberhum
10-01-2007, 09:14 PM
Stop while you're ahead if you're trying to find one for angels in limited human capacity of reasoning and understanding. You will find many explanations in the secular domain, where your knowledge is limited to what you conjure up.
Are you telling me that it is beyond human capacity of resoning and understanding to determine why roosters crowing?

Na, I'm just having fun with you. :D I'm done.:shade:

~Taalibah~
10-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Roosters crow when they see the angels also theres a Dua to read when it happens. Dogs howl when they see the shaytaan theres a Dua to read for that too.
There may be a scientific facts to most things, some there isnt at all and ithere may be for a reason more than one to each.
For instance, a cat has a funny moan at mating time, but it makes the same noise when someone passes away.

Malaikah
10-01-2007, 09:38 PM
(More)

Keep looking, you ain't gonna find it. ^o)

This is knowledge of the unseen, well out of the league of science.

wilberhum
10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Keep looking, you ain't gonna find it. ^o)

This is knowledge of the unseen, well out of the league of science.
It seams "Keep looking" is bad advise since I "ain't gonna find it". :-\

But of course I never thought I would. :p

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night. :D

islamirama
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Are you telling me that it is beyond human capacity of resoning and understanding to determine why roosters crowing?

Na, I'm just having fun with you. :D I'm done.:shade:
well if you were going to "keep looking", we would've have some fun with you :D

snakelegs
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
wilberhum,

excellent post. one need not be false for the other to be true. no need for competition - it's not a contest! :D

Isambard
10-02-2007, 03:56 AM
Roosters also crow in cockfights. (For those who ahve ever seen one)

Its a territory thing

Malaikah
10-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Maybe they are crowing to ward of the angels from their territory then?

:D

Ummu Sufyaan
10-02-2007, 08:53 AM
:sl:
just on the topic of roosters crowing, the Prophet (:arabic5: ) advised us to ask for Allah's Blessings, as in the hadith:
حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ عَنْ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ رَبِيعَةَ عَنْ الْأَعْرَجِ عَنْ أَبِى هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِى اللَّهُ عَنْهُ أَنَّ النَّبِى صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ إِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ صِيَاحَ الدِّيَكَةِ فَاسْأَلُوا اللَّهَ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ فَإِنَّهَا رَأَتْ مَلَكًا وَإِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ نَهِيقَ الْحِمَارِ فَتَعَوَّذُوا بِاللَّهِ مِنْ الشَّيْطَانِ فَإِنَّهُ رَأَى شَيْطَانًا

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radhiallaho anho):The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "When you hear the crowing of cocks, ask for Allah's Blessings (min fadlihee)for (their crowing indicates that) they have seen an angel. And when you hear the braying of donkeys, seek Refuge with Allah from Satan for (their braying indicates) that they have seen a Satan."

Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 522

just wondering, how should this be done. do we just say allahumma innee asaluka min fadlak (oh allah, verily i ask you of your fadil). or what??

Ummu Sufyaan
12-23-2007, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
just on the topic of roosters crowing, the Prophet (:arabic5: ) advised us to ask for Allah's Blessings, as in the hadith:
حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ حَدَّثَنَا اللَّيْثُ عَنْ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ رَبِيعَةَ عَنْ الْأَعْرَجِ عَنْ أَبِى هُرَيْرَةَ رَضِى اللَّهُ عَنْهُ أَنَّ النَّبِى صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ قَالَ إِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ صِيَاحَ الدِّيَكَةِ فَاسْأَلُوا اللَّهَ مِنْ فَضْلِهِ فَإِنَّهَا رَأَتْ مَلَكًا وَإِذَا سَمِعْتُمْ نَهِيقَ الْحِمَارِ فَتَعَوَّذُوا بِاللَّهِ مِنْ الشَّيْطَانِ فَإِنَّهُ رَأَى شَيْطَانًا

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radhiallaho anho):The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "When you hear the crowing of cocks, ask for Allah's Blessings (min fadlihee)for (their crowing indicates that) they have seen an angel. And when you hear the braying of donkeys, seek Refuge with Allah from Satan for (their braying indicates) that they have seen a Satan."

Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 522

just wondering, how should this be done. do we just say allahumma innee asaluka min fadlak (oh allah, verily i ask you of your fadil). or what??
i came accross my answer a few days back, if anyones interested.
under the title: "Places and times where du’aa’ is answered"

11 – When hearing the crowing of a rooster, because of the hadeeth: “When you hear the crowing of a rooster, ask Allaah of His bounty, for he has seen an angel.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2304; Muslim, 2729.
Source

Pk_#2
12-23-2007, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
Roosters also crow in cockfights. (For those who ahve ever seen one)

Its a territory thing
Don't be silly.

Isambard
12-23-2007, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Don't be silly.
How was I being silly?

guyabano
12-23-2007, 07:53 PM
May I join also ?

No objection, fine.

I found this:

The rooster is often (accurately) pictured in art as crowing at the break of dawn. He can often be seen sitting on fence posts or other objects, where he crows to proclaim his territory. However, when a cock looks into the sun he will crow at any time of the day - even sometimes on a bright moonlit night. He has several other calls as well, and can cluck the same as a hen.
Taken out of Wikipedia

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.