View Full Version : Nigeria: Can Condemns Religious Killing in Kano

Amadeus85
10-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Nigeria: Can Condemns Religious Killing in Kano

Daily Champion (Lagos)

1 October 2007

John Shiklam
Kaduna

GENERAL Secretary of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Mr Samuel Salifu has condemned the killing of Christians in Tudun Dankande local government area of Kano State.

He called on the state government to bring the perpetrators to book, warning that Christians would no longer condone any attack on them.

Salifu who spoke with newsmen in Kaduna weekend said that reports reaching him from Kano state said there was trouble in Tudun Dankande local government area of the state Friday where nine Christians, including a youth corper serving in the area were killed and their property destroyed over an internet cartoon said to have emanated from a 20-year-old Muslim boy from Bangladesh.

"Information available to me is that almost all the churches within that local government area have been razed down and shops belonging to Christians had also been burnt including their houses. We have been told that they have been ejected and their property brought down and burnt.

"The information given was that they saw a cartoon on the internet and they discovered that this cartoon was drawn by a 20-year-old Muslim boy from Bangladesh and they decided to visit their anger on innocent Christians and their churches.

"I have been told that nine people including a youth corper are confirmed dead and several others injured while the local government in a desperate attempt to cover the dastardly act pretended to be taking the victims to the hospital while in reality they sent some of the victims to Bauchi and some other places around so that people will not go there and see the number of destitutes or refugees caused by this incident.

"That is the information available, so far. What we have done is to ensure that the vice president is informed," he alleged.

He said Christians and their leaders were getting worried because both the Christian leaders and Muslims had been holding series of meetings within and outside the Nigerian Inter Religious Council (NIREC) to see how to bring about peaceful coexistence between followers of the two religions. Salifu regretted, however, that "the more we continue to meet with Muslim leaders the more some of these people attack our people.

" So far, both Christians and Muslims in the country seem to appreciate what he is doing. But if he keeps quiet and talks about rule of law and doesn't try quickly to intervene in what is happening, then he will begin to see that there is a different law running in this country because the Christians will not just continue to watch while people just slaughter them as they like ..."

"It is clear that the cartoonist is from Bangladesh and he is a Muslim, so why should they now visit their anger on Christians unless they are lunatics and if you call them this type of name, they say they are angry, but they go killing.

"They cannot control their anger, they take knives and slaughter. When you tell them what they are doing is wrong, they will turn round and start to kill. Very soon, there would be a lot of blood shed unless they stop this nonsense because the church is getting fed up.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200710010703.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
10-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Interesting. I was watching a program yesterday, “Where God Weeps”.
They were talking about the problems of Catholics in Kaduna.

NoName55
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
what was the point in closing world affairs forum?

was is that you could bypass approval process?

wilberhum
10-01-2007, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
what was the point in closing world affairs forum?

was is that you could bypass approval process?
Did you see any argueing? :D

I guess I missed something. :uuh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
10-01-2007, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Did you see any argueing? :D
it will arrive sooner or later, its the very nature of this site!

I guess I missed something. :uuh:
you sure did!

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tml#post833642

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-01-2007, 10:16 PM
This shouldnt even be up...
The world affairs was closed because its Ramadan. At least wait till Ramadan is over...thanks :)

wilberhum
10-01-2007, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
it will arrive sooner or later, its the very nature of this site!

you sure did!

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tml#post833642
I fully agree that if the arguing starts, it should be moved or closed.

Are you suggesting a "Preemptive Strike"? :D

snakelegs
10-01-2007, 10:55 PM
i agree - it's world affairs.

Joe98
10-23-2007, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85

……where nine Christians….were killed and their property destroyed over an internet cartoon…..

…the Muslims saw a cartoon on the internet and they discovered that this cartoon was drawn by a 20-year-old Muslim boy from Bangladesh and they decided to visit their anger on innocent Christians and their churches

Why would the Muslims do that?????

-

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Nigeria is a country in crisis with kidnappings rapes and murders a daily accurance.

Joe98
10-23-2007, 07:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
Nigeria is a country in crisis with kidnappings rapes and murders a daily accurance.
If that's the case why would a cartoon drawn by a Muslim upset them? Surely they have more important things to worry about!

-

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.