PDA

View Full Version : Curry

kim
10-02-2007, 08:58 AM
anyone got good recipes for a easy chicken curry

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Taalibah~
10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Got one, its supposed to be easy if i make it,lol!
i'll post it later when i have more time.

chacha_jalebi
10-02-2007, 12:34 PM
a real easy one lol if you wan call it a curry

get some chicken pieces, cut them in chunks, shallow fry them, add spices and if you wan some vegs, add them in, stir it up like a stir fry, and add loads of yoghurt, mix all together and woo hoo:D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-02-2007, 02:33 PM
^ ye had stuff like that before :D its nice wiv single cream aswell !

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S_87
10-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Hello

heres on i think its easy lol

slice an onion as thin as possible.
put a little oil in the pot and add the onions in. let it cook slowly with spices a little cummin a couple of cardammoms and couple of cinnammon sticks.

when the onions are golden brown you add in the chicken which youve prepared and put ginger/garlic/salt/ cummin powder/ pepper if youve got curry powder (this is all to taste for one chicken on average id put 1 spoon of each and 2 spoons of corainder powder i guess)

let that cook and the water burn off the chicken pieces. when thats done add about half a tin of chopped tomatoes and squirt in some tomato puree if you like tomato. let this cook and add in potatoes if you want. when you can see the oil has risen to the top add about one mug of water let that come to a boil and let it finish off at low heat

ask any questions if you dont understand :hiding:

sevgi
10-02-2007, 03:14 PM
i made beef and bean curry the other day...with no chile so my sis could eat it.

it was really really good. but my sis didnt eat it...curry is differnt to the foods we eat..i love foreign foods, have been half way around the world and eaten diffrnt stuff, but i guess some ppl are a bit more conservative.

peace.

kim
10-02-2007, 04:00 PM
can i make naan bread with out clay ovens? i dont realy like the pre packaged ones

S_87
10-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello

hmm do you mean the ones that look like bread really on the ones that are thick and rolled out?

snakelegs
10-03-2007, 12:08 AM
i know this is a little off topic, but does anybody have a good recipe for vegetarian curry?
kim, i agree with you about packaged naan - it just doesn't do it! i usually make do with flour tortillas - at least they're not pretending to be naan.

kim
10-03-2007, 06:36 AM
i want to make keema naan with the mince in the center tryed it years ago it was the best i have ever tasted ones from take away near me is very poor its like eating a piece of rubber in a soggy naan

north_malaysian
10-03-2007, 07:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i know this is a little off topic, but does anybody have a good recipe for vegetarian curry?
Yes... but it's Malaysian Chinese style of curry...

Link: http://www.thanhsiang.org/kl/article...tIkanCurry.htm

sevgi
10-03-2007, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kim
i want to make keema naan with the mince in the center tryed it years ago it was the best i have ever tasted ones from take away near me is very poor its like eating a piece of rubber in a soggy naan
i have no idea:-[

:peace:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
to make naan bread dont you just nead the dough and then sorta boil it :? :hiding:

i dont see the need for a clay oven....

Mawaddah
10-03-2007, 12:34 PM
^ naan? boiled? :confused:

Naan is baked bro lol

But yes you can make do without a clay oven, just use the regular oven but put it up really high, line a thin tray with foil and place close to the bottom of the oven.

At least when I read a recipe book that's what it said.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-03-2007, 12:36 PM
^ i sed sorta boiled lol, that could be baked. We just use a huge frying pan at home... does the job

Haidar_Abbas
10-03-2007, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
a real easy one lol if you wan call it a curry

get some chicken pieces, cut them in chunks, shallow fry them, add spices and if you wan some vegs, add them in, stir it up like a stir fry, and add loads of yoghurt, mix all together and woo hoo:D
WOOO HOOOOOO indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :sl:

guyabano
10-03-2007, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
and add loads of yoghurt
huh ?? I use Coconut Milk. It gives a much better taste !

S_87
10-03-2007, 07:08 PM
oooh we make that quite often but ive not made it myself so ill get the recipe for you hopefully

snakelegs
10-04-2007, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Yes... but it's Malaysian Chinese style of curry...

Link: http://www.thanhsiang.org/kl/article...tIkanCurry.htm
thanks n.m.
some of those ingredients are not even available where i live.
i am looking for something Simple and Easy because i am hopelessly lazy.

syilla
10-04-2007, 01:26 AM
kim, i agree with you about packaged naan - it just doesn't do it! i usually make do with flour tortillas - at least they're not pretending to be naan.
p/s: - sorry edited...wrong recipe.

vegetables dalca

Ingredients :

Dalca

Ingredient
600g beef/mutton with bones
1 cup dhall
4 potatoes
3 brinjals
1 carrot
a small bunch cauliflower
2 tomatoes
1 unripe mango
3 murunggakai
2 red chillies
2 green chillies
4 tbsp curry powder
6 shallots
4 pips garlic
2cm ginger
4-5 cups santan
4 tbsp oil
tamarind juice
a sprig curry leaves
salt to taste

Method
1. Clean dhall and boil in water until cooked. Wash bones and drain. Mix curry powder with a little water into a paste.

2. Wash and prepare the vegetables by cutting them as you wish.

3. Heat oil and fry sliced shallots, garlic and shredded ginger. Add in curry leaves followed by curry paste.

4. Add bones, santan, tamarind juice, dhall, salt, then the vegetables. Add the chillies and tomatoes last.

5. Bring to boil until curry becomes slightly thick

You can ignore the meat...

:playing:

Khayal
10-04-2007, 03:20 AM
anyone got good recipes for a easy chicken curry

:sl:

Chicken = 1lb
Onion = 2 medium sized ( cut fine slices)
Ginger Garlic Paste = 2 TableSpoons
Turmeric powder = 1/2 tablespoon
Salt = 1 tsp
Ground Coriander = 1 1/2 tbsp
Chili powder = 1/2 tsp
Oil = 3/4 cup
Black pepper = 8 to 10
clove = 5/6
Big cardimum = 3/4
Cinnamon = 2 peices of 1"
Tomatos = 3 medium sized
Green pepper = 4-10 hot, depending on your taste
Cilantro = 1/4 of a bunch or 1/2 cup cut up

Process:

Mix all red ingredients to make a paste with 1/2 cup of water, and put it aside.
now heat the oil, and put all of the onion, cook until half done, then put all purple ingredients and fry for a minute, then put red paste and cook, until it becomes chunky. Cut tomatos into small peices, and put them in and stir. After it is half done from that stage, then add the chicken and stir well. After 2-3 minutes, cover the pot and lower the heat. Don't add water; the chicken already contains it. After 15 minutes, uncover, stir, and get rid of the water. Cook until done and oil appears on top. Then add cut green chilli peppers, then cover it up again. After 7-8 minutes, remove it and garnish it with cilantro. and enjoy............

:w:

snakelegs
10-04-2007, 03:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
p/s: - sorry edited...wrong recipe.

vegetables dalca
mmmmm...
does anyone know what murunggakai is in english?

Khayal
10-04-2007, 04:03 AM
mmmmm...

murunggakai, is this an urdu word or what? and what is this??

syilla
10-04-2007, 04:09 AM
mmmmm...

The fruit is a long, thin pod, resembling a drum stick.

In South India, it is used to prepare a variety of Sambar and is also fried. In Tamil it is called Murungakai. It is also preserved by canning and exported worldwide. In other parts of India, especially West Bengal and also in a neighboring country like Bangladesh it is enjoyed very much. It can be made into varieties of curry by mixing with coconut, poppy seeds and mustard.

The drumstick tree (Moringa oleifera) is one of India’s most common with a vegetable crop of triangular, ribbed pods with winged seeds. The tree’s bark, roots, fruit, flowers, leaves, seeds and gum also have medicinal uses including as an antiseptic and in treating rheumatism, venomous bites and other conditions. The drumstick is an ideal crop for dry regions. The drumstick can be grown using rainwater without expensive irrigation techniques. The yield is good even if the water supply is not. The tree can be even grown on land covered with 10-90cm of mud.

Recipes Besides the fruit of the tree, even the tender leaves, flowers are consumed as food. Though many would like to stick to its use in curries, sambars, kormas, and dals, it is a surprise vegetable, which also makes tasty cutlets, etc. Tender drumstick leaves, finely chopped, make an excellent garnish for any veggies, dals, sambars, salads, etc
source

oh i know these....in malay we called it buah kelor

snakelegs
10-04-2007, 04:17 AM
thanks, syilla.
i should be able to find these in "little india".

syilla
10-04-2007, 04:22 AM
thanks, syilla.
i should be able to find these in "little india".
and don't forget to paste the curry pictures in the food pictures thread... :D

snakelegs
10-04-2007, 04:32 AM
IF it ever happens. :giggling: an awful lot of my good intentions never do.
also, i am one of the only people i know who doesn't have a camera! (but could have a friend take a picture - IF it ever happens).

syilla
10-04-2007, 04:43 AM
IF it ever happens. :giggling: an awful lot of my good intentions never do.
also, i am one of the only people i know who doesn't have a camera! (but could have a friend take a picture - IF it ever happens).
lol...don't worry. it will happen. I will wait for the pictures. :D

I'm sure you will be wondering how the vegetables curry taste like :playing:

north_malaysian
10-04-2007, 05:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khayal
murunggakai, is this an urdu word or what? and what is this??
I think it's Tamil.... my mum bought it in Indian groceries... i think the pronounciation is "Moo-roong-geh-kay"

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 09:37 AM
umm this is more of a chicken roast than curry but:-
one whole chicken
2 tomatoes
3 smallish potatoes
a small onion
half a tub of double cream
3 table spoon youghart
and 6 table spoon oil
ginger and garlic to taste
and all masala to taste

cut potatoes onions and tomatoes in to chunks about half finger sizes (b careful not to cut finger when checking size!!!!!!!!!! wot it happen to me)
add chicken pieces and all other ingredients together mix it up. transfer to oven proof dish cover with foil and bung in oven gas mark 6 for 1 and half hour. done if when it done u think here is too much sauce just take off foil put oven on to highest setting and roast untill the right amount is achieved. some peeps like sauce some dont. make sure u turn chicken when doing that we dont want it to burn on one side

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2007, 09:39 AM
^ whats the icecream for? :ooh: icecream wiv chicken? :D

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
it says double cream!!!!!!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2007, 10:14 AM
^ LOL!!!

great, now i hav a strange urge to try icecream wiv chicken!

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 10:34 AM
i thought only pregnant women had strange eating habits!!!!!

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
well nearly iftar gonna go get ice-cream to eat wid my chicken lol!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2007, 04:07 PM
^ you know its tempting, im sure your daugher would love it :D

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 04:11 PM
only if it got ketchup she will eat anything as long as there is ketchup

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.