/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor activities for young muslim married couples

jimbo123
10-02-2007, 06:52 PM
I wanted to see what you guys could come up with. Here's what I have come up with...

- Stroll in the park
- Picnic in the park
- Visiting Relatives
- Eat out
- Shopping
- Canoing (some parks have this)
- Theatre
- Cinema
- Islamic Exhibition

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
10-02-2007, 06:56 PM
:sl:

bowling
paintballing
ice skating
skiing
:?

jimbo123
10-02-2007, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

bowling
paintballing
ice skating
skiing
:? kinda violent...

I'll check back the rest after Taraweeh.

Pk_#2
10-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Outdoor car race, ZoOoOoOoOom!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tomtomsmom
10-02-2007, 07:57 PM
hiking
ride bikes
golf
boats
museum

Pk_#2
10-02-2007, 08:36 PM
It's difficult to ride bikes in a jilbab and a jubbah :X

What's hiking sis?

bewildred
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Scuba and sky diving.

S.

Kittygyal
10-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Salamualikum.

SOCCER!

tomtomsmom
10-02-2007, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
It's difficult to ride bikes in a jilbab and a jubbah :X

What's hiking sis?
Yeah I guess it would. I guess it would depend on the dress of the wife.

Hiking is like walking through the woods, on trails up mountains. Outdoorsy stuf like that.

jimbo123
10-02-2007, 09:14 PM
some of these are not what I expected. Could we have some more 'City' stuff as I'm a Londoner :D .

جوري
10-02-2007, 10:20 PM
oh God not golf.. anything but golf... Golf stands for --Gentleman Only, Ladies Forbidden! --and as far as I am concerned they can keep it!
of all the sports in the world..
anyhow let me add to the list..

there is walking through orchards picking apples.. lots of orchards allow for couples and kids.. there is horse back riding...museums, lectures.. sign up for a class together to learn a craft for fun or a new language or even flying lessons.. although I'd stay away from that one lest you are labeled a terrorist!
:w:

syilla
10-03-2007, 12:47 AM
shopping
back to our home town to his parents or my relatives
shopping
back to our home town
shopping
back to our home town
shopping
back to our home town
shopping
back to our home town

noodles
10-03-2007, 01:11 AM
I admit, I have a really soft spot for 'couple activities.' [make that 'married' couples eventhough I'm not married :p] I'd say in my days of ignorance, I really used to enjoy Ice skating. It was one of my most favorite past-times. Aside from the fact that I hardly knew how to skate, it doesn't make the experiance any less enjoyable.

Although this would be an 'outdoor' thread, [a reminder for all who suggested otherwise :p] I'd say, going to watch play/musicals is also quite entertaining. Perhaps you should look for the timings in your local newspapers. I'm sure they provide reviews to the really nice ones.

Woodrow
10-03-2007, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred
Scuba and sky diving.

S.
I had to look carefully to see who posted that. My son and his wife are into skydiving and that is how they spend their weekends. I just don't see the logic in jumping out of a perfectly good airplane.

jimbo123
10-03-2007, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
Although this would be an 'outdoor' thread, [a reminder for all who suggested otherwise :p] I'd say, going to watch play/musicals is also quite entertaining. Perhaps you should look for the timings in your local newspapers. I'm sure they provide reviews to the really nice ones.
Yeah they are quite entertaining, I put that in the original message under theatre. Watching stand up comedy is pretty good too!

Malaikah
10-03-2007, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
bowling
paintballing
ice skating
skiing

A bit hard on the wife if she is wearing Islamic clothing isn't it!! Argh, bowling is fun, but they always have music playing so loud! :eek:

Thanaa
10-03-2007, 11:41 AM
I havent been bowling for aaaaages! :D
Ive always wanted to go paintballing, but noone ever wants to some with me...:Evil:

jimbo123
10-03-2007, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thanaa
I havent been bowling for aaaaages! :D
Ive always wanted to go paintballing, but noone ever wants to some with me...:Evil:
With paint balling it's best to go with a large group of friends.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.