/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What was your first computer??

guyabano
10-03-2007, 06:34 PM
Salaam,

I still remember when I bought my first computer. I turned just 18. It cost me a load of money. It was a Commodore 64 with 64kB (!) Memory and 1 MHz CPU Speed, no Hard Disk, but you could connect a Tape Recorder to load a small program. Language was Basic. Ahhh, those old memories !! Screen was mostly an black and white TV ! not even an Monitor.

I paid €500,00 at that time, errmmmm in 1986

After that, I had an Commodore 128 with 128kB memory (Yiippiehhh !) and an 20 MB Harddisk Modul.

Then came the AMIGA 500 and only in 1996, I got my first PC, an 486DX100.

What is your memories with your first computer

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
wilberhum
10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
An Apple 2E I thought it worked much better than a friend's who had a Commodore 64.
I built my own word processing and G/L system on it. Had lots of fun.

I guess that was about 1985.

MTAFFI
10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
the almighty IBM 386!! got it 86 or 87, had a 5 1/4 floppy drive (i think it held a whopping 720 k) and I used to love to buy the games that you could play with it in all of their 8 or 16 bit glory!!

Does anyone ever think of how far we have come technologically over the last 200 years? Transportation for example: From horse and foot, to horse and buggy, to bicycle, to motor car, to air plane to space travel, who knows what is next? Our ancestors had 10's of thousands of years and didnt make the progress that we have in less than 200 or even 50 for that matter

Woodrow
10-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I had gotten my son one of those Commodore 64s when they came out, about the same time I got a Sinclair, the Sinclar TS-1000 was great I think it had about 100 kb of memory, plus many of them did not work and destroyed TVs. You had to connect them to your TV. But you could buy additional memory for it and stack the memory moduals together.

Source:http://www.nvg.ntnu.no/sinclair/comp...imex/timex.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
:w:

my first pc was called 'tiny'....... anyone know of that make.:hmm:

The company used the advertising slogan 'to feel good about your PC - think Tiny'. During the late 1990s they were a highly successful firm having units throughout the major retail stores of the UK, but their profits eventually began to fall and they were bought out of Administration by their rival TIME.

oh n we was given a free tumb rader cd rom game with it lol:D

Pk_#2
10-03-2007, 09:02 PM
well...erm it was waaaaaaaaayyyy bak in the days, not as far bak as wilbers but far bak enuff..me n jj wanted a pc, so we traded our goldfishes :X they were realy boring y'know. And erm.. can't remember what year that was, but couple of years later my dad chucked it out the window :o| coz it was a waste of space or sutin :oS ..Hmm.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.