/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trip 2 Over Seas

baby_muslimah15
09-15-2005, 04:23 AM
Salaamz :)

Has anyone on this fourm ever been over seas? If so can u tell me your favorite experience about being over there besides all the muslims!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
09-15-2005, 01:06 PM
:sl:

well i would have wrote about saudi but others will probably do that so ill write a bit about what i thought (what i can remember) about england!

hehe england has nice chocolates and junk food compared to where i was from. anyway there was a better islamic atmosphere here too. the weather though brrrrrrrrr. but now im living here its obviously not a holiday :)

barbados- umm the beach <--- the best! the people :love: the weather ;D and most of all the family :D :-[

TEH
09-15-2005, 05:00 PM
Ive conquered more than most, I really wanna go Australia and New Zealand though...

:D

Mainul_Islam
09-16-2005, 11:26 AM

what do u mean?? like... by boats/ships?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
youn9_mu$l!m@h
09-16-2005, 07:58 PM
$@L@@mz
I think she means have you ever been to over seas It dont matter how you got there just have you ever been there. Me I never been there oR on a plane lol
$@L@@mz

Zuko
09-16-2005, 09:48 PM
I've only been overseas once, to pakistan this january... Boy was it a weird experience... I had a horrible stomachache in the first week and I slept for an entire day that my mom thought I died, lol... My dad stayed here in America and it was funny how we kept telling each other how we missed each other over the phone

... I was so ready to go home, waaay before I even step foot in Pakistan, lol I wanted to go home when we stopped in manchester... Sheesh the idiots who run the airport are such a pain in the ----... Anyway, I got pretty sick of the trip, for a few reasons, one, because I couldn't talk to anyone (I can't speak urdu good enough), second, because my cousins are sooooooo annoying, both the little ones and the ones around my age, god they never shutup! And the third reason why I hated being there was seeing all of that poverty.... Oh man, I get sick just thinking about it... We were in Sialkot, going to Narowal to see my aunt and we all (including my cousins) were in this big bus-thingy... So anyway, I took a seat next to the window and my mom was right next to me... We stopped for a second and my uncle goes out to get us soda and whatever, ok so naturally, this lady comes up to our window with what looked like a newborn in her arms... She knocks on the window to obviously ask for money when I saw the baby... Oh man, it was hell, it, the baby had a big hole in its forehead with this weird stuff coming out of it! Oh god my mom couldn't look at her and gave her extra money and I felt horrible... 'Poor baby, the mum might not have enough money to pay to get it to a hospital'... Or so I thought... When we went to Karachi sometime towards the end of our trip I was sitting in the cab and then I saw it, another lady with a baby with the same hole, with the same disgusting gunk coming out of the forehead... I mean what the hell, was this some sort of trend or technique the women had in begging for money...? Maybe the rags didn't stir our emotions so they had to go to their kids.... Animals some people... I don't know how she could live with herself after doing that...

And, the kids there are so... well not dumb, but they really need to learn to be careful when crossing the highway... I was going to Okara, (spelling-?) and there obviously were those big colorful trucks with the funny horns, and I was sitting in the front seat, happily eating my paan (it was sooooo sweeeeeeet!

) when I heard my mom yell from the backseat, "A kid fell out of that truck!" My uncle stopped the car and there on the road lay a small kid crumpled in a heap... At first I thought, what was that kid doing that made him fall out of the truck? And then you hear people saying how the truck hit him.... I felt awful, the kid wasn't moving, and everyone was just standing there, looking at him.... They didn't even call the police! He looked around 6-8 years old at most...

Anyway, things just kept getting worse, and worse... I had these beautiful shoes that I took with me to my chachu's house, and you see he has these two dogs (yuck) and my mom accidentally dropped the bag with my shoes on the floor and overnight, those stupid mutts tore the hell out of one shoe and left the other alone .... Just GREAT!!!!!

And then there was the problem with the clothes.... The best gift to give my relatives in Pakistan is a washing machine and a dryer... Jeez, I never appreciated the benefit of using a washing machine... Although I never washed my own clothes there, I made full use of the servants for that...

Ok I know I need to shutup

, but last thing, was that when it was my birthday, I wanted to go sightseeing... So everyone gets into the car, and by 'everyone' I mean it literally... There was no room for me! I was left at home while my relatives and siblings went sightseeing in lahore... So what did I do? Hehehehe, I took my mom, and my aunt, and did the next best thing... We went shopping and I bought tons of stuff, lol, and no annoying sisters to run in and take all of the good stuff... So it wasn't that bad, but I mean, sightseeing would have been waaay better....

But all I know is, I will NOT be going back there for another 2-3 years... But one thing I liked, was meeting my dad's mom... Shortly after we returned, she died (that's naother story so I won't elaborate)... Al-Hamdulilah I got to meet her...

S_87
09-16-2005, 09:55 PM

lol seems you had umm quite an experience

poor kids though :'(

Mainul_Islam
09-16-2005, 11:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by youn9_mu$l!m@h
$@L@@mz
I think she means have you ever been to over seas It dont matter how you got there just have you ever been there. Me I never been there oR on a plane lol
$@L@@mz

oh.. then yeah. by plane. a 2 hour flight would be cool but 23 hours (with 4 hrs break) is way too long and boring

i have been to Bangladesh last summer (when i turned 15) for a trip. conditions there, are similar to Pakistan, how Queenoftheworld described it :(

im actually glad that i went there for vacation (with my family)... living there for 1 and 1/2 months with the poor.. 1st in Dhaka (city, capital).. which wasnt so good... then in villages.. which had no technology except for flashlights and lights. i couldnt believe how far away from Allah I had gone.. i couldnt be more thankful to Allah, for letting me live in a modern country with technologies... i sometimes think i have too much. this feeling changed me and brought me back to Islam... i've become much better since. even my friend says "u've changed" cuz i used to be a ------- er... not worth mentionning :-[ :p

ALHAMDULILLAH!
ALL THANKS BE TO ALLAH!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-17-2005, 12:35 AM

Ive been back home to India 3 times in my life. And ive also been to Saudi Arabia once. India has poverty but Alhamdullilah its gotten way better now. Makkah and Madinah were the BEST places ive ever been to.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.