/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Registering Marriages

Ummah
10-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Asalaamualaikum

I would like to know if islam considers it important to register marriages in accordance to the law of the country, aswell as going through the nikkah.

and what are the reasons for people not wanting to register the marriage?

Jazakhallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummah
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
.........okaaaaaaay then..........

NoName55
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
Asalaamualaikum

I would like to know if islam considers it important to register marriages in accordance to the law of the country, aswell as going through the nikkah.

Jazakhallah
:sl:
in UK

instant divorce, no maintenance, If they register the marriage, in case of divorce they risk loosing half their possessions

2nd, 3rd 4th without any chance of being charged with bigamy (in countries where its illegal.

It can get very ugly when it all comes out

1n 2004, I came across case of a 34 year old Birmingham Mullah, who married 2nd wife (a loose woman) in secret, she promptly embarked on an affair with his male secretary and got impregnated, all this ended with murders of two men some gang warfare and humiliation for whole of Muslim community. (dang Mullah is still alive and we have his lectures on this very site)
had that man followed the law of land 2 or more people would still be alive and all that intrigue and fitnah could have been avoided

Ummah
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Asalaamualaikum

jazakhAllah for replying, is it possible you could elaborate on that case about the B'ham mullah? I didnt really understand the facts. Also, did the case go to court?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
Asalaamualaikum

jazakhAllah for replying, is it possible you could elaborate on that case about the B'ham mullah? I didnt really understand the facts. Also, did the case go to court?
wa alaikum salaam

yes the case went to court, Mullah remained untouched as "extramarital" (common law marriages, unregistered marriages, mistresses etc.) affair are not against the law only murder is and other gang members were charged with various crimes, some were acquitted while others were found guilty and jailed.

and no I won't elaborate on mullah except to LIStaff via PM, on demand

Point is that obey the Law of the land

:w:

Ummah
10-24-2007, 03:47 PM
i asked u to elaborate the details of the case (which you just did lol). i didnt ask you to elaborate on the mullah himseld LOL. but jazakhAllah.

it would be a massive help for me if i could know the name of the case. Im a law student.

NoName55
10-24-2007, 03:57 PM
i asked u to elaborate the details of the case (which you just did lol). i didnt ask you to elaborate on the mullah himself LOL. but jazakhAllah.
oopsie! I thought you meant, name and case number, court name, masjid name etc.

it would be a massive help for me if i could know the name of the case. I'm a law student.
all I can suggest is you search Birmingham press and or court records for Central Mosque related murder cases, (If I say anymore, some genius might charge me with "backbiting")

tomtomsmom
10-24-2007, 04:03 PM
NoName55 I was going to pm this question but I can't so I will ask here!

In your signature it says "A Christian Lady Should NOT Marry A Muslim Man'

Why??

NoName55
10-24-2007, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
NoName55 I was going to pm this question but I can't so I will ask here!

In your signature it says "A Christian Lady Should NOT Marry A Muslim Man'

Why??
click on it for details. wa salam

Ummah
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
aw no worries i know what you mean. I will try looking for it, but if you come across the article i would be sooo soooooo grateful if you could pm me the link or the newspaper name or something!

JazakhAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.