/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what does this word mean

Ummu Sufyaan
10-04-2007, 06:46 AM
:sl:
(Ghareeb al-Hadeeth, 3/64).
is it a collection of hadiths that are ghareeb. are ghareeb hadiths acceptable??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aligzander
10-16-2007, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
(Ghareeb al-Hadeeth, 3/64).
is it a collection of hadiths that are ghareeb. are ghareeb hadiths acceptable??

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

I dont know about Hadith Ghareeb. The best thing you can do is follow the Hadiths from Bukhari, Muslim, Dawood and Muwatta. Because its authentic specially Bukhari and Muslim.

Caller الداعي
10-16-2007, 09:57 AM
ghareeb hadeeth is a collection of hadith which contain words that are not clear in meaning....these ahadith are accepted and ibn atheer has compiled them in his book ' anihayah fe ghareeb hadeeth '.
by the way gharib hadith and hadith ghareeb are 2 different things and not the same.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-16-2007, 10:35 AM
hmmm...I wonder why i needed this word?
jazakallahu khair, anyways.
ibn atheer
dont you mean ibn Katheer?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mariam.
10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
hmmm...I wonder why i needed this word?
jazakallahu khair, anyways.

dont you mean ibn Katheer?
No, he didn't ..

Ibn Kathir:He was born in 1301 in Busra, Syria (hence Al-Busrawi). He was taught by the great scholar Shaikh ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyya in Damascus, Syria and Abu al-Hajjaj Al-Mizzi, (d. 1373), main teacher of Ibn Kathir. Upon completion of his studies he obtained his first official appointment in 1341, when he joined an inquisitorial commission formed to determine certain questions of heresy. Thereafter he received various semi-official appointments, culminating in June/July 1366 with a professorial position at the Great Mosque of Damascus. Ibn Kathir wrote a famous commentary on the Qur'an named Tafsir ibn Kathir which linked certain Hadith, or sayings of Muhammad, and sayings of the sahaba to verses of the Qur'an, in explanation. Tafsir Ibn Kathir is famous all over the Muslim world and among Muslims in the Western world, and is one of the most widely used explanations of the Qu'ran today.

Ibn Kathir was renowned for his great memory regarding the sayings of Muhammad and the entire Qur'an. Ibn Kathir is known as a qadi, a master scholar of history, and a mufassir (Qur'an commentator). Ibn Kathir saw himself as a Shafi scholar. This is indicated by two of his books, one of which was Tabaqaat ah-Shafai'ah, or The Categories of the Followers of Imam Shafi.

In later life, he became blind. He attributes his blindness to working late at night on the Musnad of Ahmad Ibn Hanbal in an attempt to rearrange it topically rather than by narrator.

Ibn Kathir died in February 1373 in Damascus, and was buried in the local Sufi cemetery

his work:
Tafsir ibn Kathir
The Beginning and the End (Arabic: Al Bidayah wa-Nihayah or Tarikh ibn Kathir). Available on wikisource
Al-Sira Al-Nabawiyya (Ibn Kathir)
Tabaqaat ah-Shafi'iah
Signs Before the Day of Judgement
Sins and their Punishments

Ibn athir: Ali ibn al-Athir (May 13, 1160 - 1233), who devoted himself to the study of history and Islamic tradition. At the age of twenty-one he settled with his father in Mosul and continued his studies there. In the service of the amir for many years, he visited Baghdad and Jerusalem and later Aleppo and Damascus. He died in Mosul. His world history, the al-Kāmil fi t-tarīkh.

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
10-17-2007, 07:07 AM
jazakallahu khair. you know, that name(ibn Atheer) pops up every where. the first couple of times i saw it, i thought it was a typo, then it started appearing everywhere, i was thinking, how many people can make the same mistake. so jazakallahu khair for clarifing.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-31-2007, 08:08 AM
these ones too.
جنة المأوى -Jannat ul-Ma'waa
الملأ الأعلى-Al Mala' al-'Alaa.

mariam.
11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
these ones too.
جنة المأوى -Jannat ul-Ma'waa
الملأ الأعلى-Al Mala' al-'Alaa.
Jannat ul-Ma'waa = Garden of Abode.

Al Mala' al-'Alaa = the Exalted Assembly (the angels)

I hope this help sister.

Rare Rose
11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
That's useful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.