/* */

PDA

View Full Version : janazah

rozeena
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
salaam . one of my colleages was sayin yesterday dat wen u pick up even a small kids janazah der body feels soo heavy, even if its a realy weak old person too.is this true and if so does any one know why?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
10-04-2007, 09:20 AM
:sl:
i think its because the body, after dying, goes into a state called Rigor Mortis which basically what happens is that the body stiffens. subhanallah. So i image thats the reason why the body is heavy.
so thats why the you cant move the arm for example of a dead body after it is in this state. so is you want to repostion the body after death, you pretty much have to do it right away.

Rigor mortis is one of the recognizable signs of death (Latin mors, mortis) that is caused by a chemical change in the muscles after death, causing the limbs of the corpse to become stiff (Latin rigor) and difficult to move or manipulate.
Source

scary huh??
or actually it could even be because the muscles are so relaxed. have you ever tried picking up a sleeping person. try it, :D you will know what i mean, inshallah. i would image it's the same with a dead person, taking into consideration that they are unconcius, and therefore relaxed.

rozeena
10-04-2007, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
i think its because the body, after dying, goes into a state called Rigor Mortis which basically what happens is that the body stiffens. subhanallah. So i image thats the reason why the body is heavy.
so thats why the you cant move the arm for example of a dead body after it is in this state. so is you want to repostion the body after death, you pretty much have to do it right away.

Source

scary huh??
or actually it could even be because the muscles are so relaxed. have you ever tried picking up a sleeping person. try it, :D you will know what i mean, inshallah. i would image it;s the same with a dead person, taking into consideration that they are unconcius, and therefore relaxed.
thnxs 4 dat sis, it is quite scary.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-04-2007, 09:28 AM
yeah, ya telling me.
:cry:
still, i cant see it as being worse than the possible punishment that one may face after death.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hawaisat
10-05-2007, 12:40 PM
isnt rigor mortis only that the body stiff. ever try picking up litte children when they sleep they are very heavy. all muscles r relaxed and limp which makes them harder to handle. when child is awake muscle will contract and hold some of the weight steady. like a bag of flour if same amount of flour in big bag harder to move around than in a bag which is the right size purely because it is easier to handle

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2007, 01:31 PM
^ wait, so weight can change depending on the state of the body?

doesnt 5 stones always remain five stones? the shape and size etc could change but the weight cant, i dont understand why it should be heavier if they are dead/asleep etc etc :confused:

sry if im just being really... unintelligent :X

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 01:41 PM
good to ask Q we r a living organism by the kudrut of allah, we move on our own your muscles help move your bones so u move n the whole so they take some weight. an inanamet object needs to b moved so the thing it self has no part in the actuall process of moving so that 5 stones will stay five but we change it is not even an unconcious that get heavy go limp and a person holding u feels that u gone heavier try it if u want

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
^ yes but if an animate object and an inanimate object weigh the same and both are lifted then shudnt both be equally heavy?

i could understand it being less heavy if the pressure of the weigt is distributed more throughout the body due to it being animate, i think that could be the reason if any

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
there is a difference the weight is the same!!!!! it just as u put it perfectly distributed differently it just feels heavier couse it more awkward to pick up

'Abd al-Baari
10-05-2007, 06:52 PM

i read somewhere that the body feels if the decesead person was someone who sinned whereas the body feels light if Allah swt is pleased with them...does anyone know if this is true? Is there any hadiths which state this?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.