/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The SAD SIGHT of Muslim Youth during Ramadhan

Pk_#2
10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Bismillah-Ir-Rahman-Ir-Raheem

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

The SAD SIGHT of Muslim Youth during Ramadhan (Rochdale)

By Mohammed Imran

Asalaamualaikum, I am sorry to have to share this with you during the blessed month of Ramadhan. While doing security outside Neeli Mosque I was thinking it has been a quieter a time this Ramdhan in regards to misbehaving youth especially after the Gang fighting from last year but then I read something like this.

"Jean Ashworth has slammed Rochdale Police following a call she made about a group of between 30 and 40 Asian youths she witnessed smashing a car up on Woodbine Street on Sunday evening (30 September).

The car had been abandoned in the street two weeks ago and Councillor Ashworth had reported it last week when there was very little damage to it other than a dent on the drivers side. However, the car was still in the same place when she took her grandson home last night and she saw that the front window had been smashed.

Later in the evening she witnessed youths running down the road hurtling bricks through all of the windows, she immediately telephoned 999, and was given a log number, and went outside to hear the youths saying they were coming back to "torch it" at 9.15pm. Councillor Ashworth telephoned 999 again and asked for an immediate police response as the large gang were "really intimidating". Councillor Ashworth said: "It was a really frightening situation, I stood outside as my car was parked opposite. Two police officers arrived and were quite shocked to see the large number of youths and also the amount of damaged caused to the car. I expressed my concern and asked if the car would be removed, they said they didn't know and had to wait for instructions from headquarters.

The officers left the scene at 10.25pm without any confirmation the car would be removed.Councillor Ashworth said in response: "I am furious at the police, the car should have been removed."

Then again maybe I should not be surprised as I also see in the mosque youngsters being kicked out because they misbehave during Tarawih. They claim then they have nothing else to do so it leads to activity like vandalism and fighting. Unfortunately this does not show us in a good light. While we sit in the mosque praying Tarwih outside our youngsters are causing havoc. You may say I am being over dramatic and this is just a one off case or even a slur just to make us look bad. Personally I believe there is a problem.

Is it not our duty as Muslims to work towards a better society starting with building a better community. How can we do that by letting this go on. There is an idea which I do have to say was discussed in a few circles last year but nothing ever accounted from it. Street team during Tarawih time. This would involve a number of small groups of brothers walking and driving around their respective local neighbourhoods. Milkstone, Deeplish, Newbold, Wardle, Spotland. By doing this as a start we can be looking after our neighbourhood by having a presence. More importantly we can also engage with those who are walking around. By speaking to the young brothers who are walking around we can chat to them about what's going on, what they are doing and what others are doing.

Who knows this little bit of Dawah could help them and in turn help our community. Maybe this can be trailed in the last week of Ramadhan this year and if it works we can fully implement next year. I would rather this happen than the police to get involved and leave the youngsters with nothing else than a record and an ego.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-04-2007, 07:58 PM
SubhanAllahimsad

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-04-2007, 07:59 PM
InashAllah they will fix up soon hey:D

Kittygyal
10-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Salamualikum.
^ Insha'Allaah

Very sad but best thing we can do as a big umaah is do dua'ah insha'Allaah

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
10-05-2007, 06:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
Yeah, Taraweeh also gives those stupid so called muslim youths the chance to go and smoke weed at the local park. :( Of course this puts us in bad light.

That's why it's better the parents don't force their children to go to taraweeh as they wont be willing to actually pray, rather make trouble.
It doesn't need to even be tarawih, just anything when 'forcing' comes into it nothing works out, they don't even get the deeds if you're forcing them, then what's the point? :mmokay: :grumbling .JazakAllah everyone for comments. :D

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2007, 09:30 AM
may Allah grant them all hidayaah, Ameen.

some boys were throwing water in the masjid wen we were praying teraweeh a few nights ago , dunno if they were muslim or not tho.

boys will b boys i gess , may Allah grant them hidaayah

hawaisat
10-05-2007, 09:57 AM
we had car windows smashed by boys bunking off tarawih. they even ask peeps walking b if there is cc cameras near by.

rozeena
10-05-2007, 03:16 PM
i havent heard of anyfing like dat in bham, altho im sure it goes on. But we do have the occasional asian boys listening to bhangra music blasted in der cars while evri1 is reading tarawih. i fink its reali disrespectful. :mad:

Haidar_Abbas
10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
:sl: these "gangsters" should be flogged, then made to clean off graffiti :sl:

Na7lah
10-05-2007, 07:55 PM
subhanallah
but u should c wat dey do here :(
u'd b reaaaly shoked

Pk_#2
10-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh no sis :( ^^

yeah car windows get smashed!! Heard this one too many times.

H4RUN
10-05-2007, 09:46 PM
:sl:

Gits! <I'm being respectful there. The ones that come to mosque just to play tag are really not in my good books, they'll be going on a date with my hand very sooon unless i can stop myself!

Just over a month ago i was at the mosque and some 'lads' were next to me, not particularly interested in the talk from what i saw, and they were calling each other words such as ****head! :-/

It really is best at times for them just not to come to traawih at all! If they want to play tag like little girls [ no dis respek:p] they can do it at home!

Pk_#2
10-05-2007, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
:sl:

Gits! <I'm being respectful there. The ones that come to mosque just to play tag are really not in my good books, they'll be going on a date with my hand very sooon unless i can stop myself!

Just over a month ago i was at the mosque and some 'lads' were next to me, not particularly interested in the talk from what i saw, and they were calling each other words such as ****head! :-/

It really is best at times for them just not to come to traawih at all! If they want to play tag like little girls [ no dis respek:p] they can do it at home!
:offended:

Kashi's like to play like little girls. Leave em alone.

------
11-06-2007, 02:45 PM
:salamext:

It's not JUST during ramadan though. It's everyday.

czgibson
11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Greetings,

It's a sad sight to be sure. These youngsters just need something positive to do that they find interesting and valuable. I think their actions are more the product of boredom than anything else.

format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
:sl: these "gangsters" should be flogged, then made to clean off graffiti :sl:
Great idea! That's sure to teach them violence is wrong! :hmm:

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
11-06-2007, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

It's a sad sight to be sure. These youngsters just need something positive to do that they find interesting and valuable. I think their actions are more the product of boredom than anything else.
lol your right gibson it is the product of boredom, but moreso i think its a lack of direction...

lmaestro
11-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Its ironic that people from the hood are running towards Islam,and Muslims are imitating the those kuffars.
"These youngsters just need something positive to do that they find interesting and valuable".Thats rite

czgibson
11-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by lmaestro
Its ironic that people from the hood are running towards Islam,and Muslims are imitating the those kuffars.
"These youngsters just need something positive to do that they find interesting and valuable".Thats rite
It looks like you've just imitated a kaffir too. It's not always a bad thing. :thumbs_up

:)

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
11-06-2007, 03:53 PM
^ lol if a kaafir does something which islam encourages can it be considered as imitating him?

czgibson
11-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ lol if a kaafir does something which islam encourages can it be considered as imitating him?
According to the definition of 'imitating', yes. I imagine the Islamic legal definition has a different slant on the term, though.

Still, it mystifies me that 'imitating the kuffar' is considered to be wrong. Muslims imitate the kuffar all the time!

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Still, it mystifies me that 'imitating the kuffar' is considered to be wrong. Muslims imitate the kuffar all the time!

Peace
czgibson i dont have much knowledge on this so dont take my words as the stance of islam on this :).

BUT I THINK:::

that when islaam says "dont imitate the kaafirs", it refers to the jews and christians and what they do to represent the religions. Such as growing moustache, or shaving, or celibacy of the monks etc etc.

I hope you know what i mean :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.