/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you think yesterday night is Laylatul Qadr nite?

syilla
10-05-2007, 02:12 AM
:salamext:

Do you think yesterday night is Laylatul Qadr nite?

i overslept :offended: and i'm soooooooo angry with myself.

I don't know why this last important 10days of Ramadhan, i'm getting more sleepy and tired. imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
10-05-2007, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Do you think yesterday night is Laylatul Qadr nite?

i overslept :offended: and i'm soooooooo angry with myself.

I don't know why this last important 10days of Ramadhan, i'm getting more sleepy and tired. imsad
Actually on the 20th night... for the second time I did my taraweeh individually at home this month.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-05-2007, 06:11 AM
:sl:
hey sis. hope you find the following useful. :sunny:
Fourthly:

With regard to singling out one night of Ramadaan and regarding that as Laylat al-Qadr, this requires evidence. But the odd-numbered nights during the last ten nights are more likely than others, and the night of the twenty-seventh is more likely to be Laylat al-Qadr, because of the ahaadeeth which indicate that.
Source

Laylat al-Qadr and its timing

2 – The best of its nights is Laylat al-Qadr, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays at night during Laylat al-Qadr {and manages to “catch” it} out of faith and the hope of reward, all his previous sins will be forgiven.”

3 – According to the most correct opinion, it is the twenty-seventh night of Ramadaan. Most of the ahaadeeth state this, such as the hadeeth of Zurr ibn Hubaysh, who said: “I heard Ubayy ibn Ka’b saying – and it was said to him that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: ‘Whoever follows the Sunnah will ‘catch’ Laylat al-Qadr!’ – Ubayy (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: ‘May Allaah have mercy on him, he did not want people to take it for granted and only stay up to pray on one night. By the One besides Whom there is no other god, it is in Ramadaan – he was swearing without a doubt – and by Allaah, I do know which night it is. It is the night in which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded us to pray (qiyaam). It is the night the morning of which is the twenty seventh, and the sign of it is that the sun rises on that morning white and without rays.’”

In another report, this was attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). (Reported by Muslim and others).
Source

syilla
10-05-2007, 06:35 AM
Jazakallah khayr sis.

I just don't want to miss it even one day :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
10-05-2007, 06:37 AM
Awww mashaAllah :)

JazakAllah khair btw :D

Ummu Sufyaan
10-05-2007, 07:47 AM
no probs

north_malaysian
10-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Jazakallah khayr sis.

I just don't want to miss it even one day :)
Just consider all 10 nights as Lailatul Qadr and do all those good things for all 10 nights.... so if it happened in one of the nite ... you dont miss it...

syilla
10-05-2007, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Just consider all 10 nights as Lailatul Qadr and do all those good things for all 10 nights.... so if it happened in one of the nite ... you dont miss it...
i have missed one nite :heated:

Malaikah
10-05-2007, 09:42 AM
I noticed last night was very peaceful mashaallah... dunno if it was the night though!

KeeKee
10-05-2007, 12:22 PM
the prophet peace be upon him told us to search for the night of power in the odd nights of the last ten days.ie the 23rd etc.any of the odd nights in the last ten days could be laylatul qadr,therefore we should do some extra ibaadah etc.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2007, 01:24 PM
its passed by sis, best thing to do now is increase worship and determination for the remaining nights ! inshaAllah !

Malaikah
10-06-2007, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
its passed by sis, best thing to do now is increase worship and determination for the remaining nights ! inshaAllah !
And buy better alarm clock for next year inshaallah. :giggling:

Al-Zaara
10-06-2007, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
I noticed last night was very peaceful mashaallah... dunno if it was the night though!
Selam aleykum,

For me every night since the 20th have been incredibly peaceful, mashaAllah. Seriously, I haven't had this good nights in months time! Elhamdulillah. =)

KeeKee
10-06-2007, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
im rather confused.do you guys believe there is a fixed date for laylatul qadr or something?
we are told in hadith to 'search' for this night on the odd nights of the last ten days.so i find it weird that you guys are talking about ONE specific night...or did i just not read thru this thread correct.

Malaikah
10-06-2007, 11:53 AM

I'm not sure what made you think that KeeKee, when he said "its passed by sis" I assumed he meant the day that she slept in, not laylat ul qadr.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-06-2007, 12:10 PM
^ u assumed correctly

syilla
10-08-2007, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KeeKee
im rather confused.do you guys believe there is a fixed date for laylatul qadr or something?
we are told in hadith to 'search' for this night on the odd nights of the last ten days.so i find it weird that you guys are talking about ONE specific night...or did i just not read thru this thread correct.
lol...i don't know whether there is a fix night or not... :D

is just that i'm afraid i had missed one :heated:

north_malaysian
10-08-2007, 01:44 AM
How about last nite?

This morning the temperature is not hot at all... the birds are flying ad singing... it seems a peaceful morning... but only Allah knows it.

syilla
10-08-2007, 02:18 AM
^^^MashaAllah...yeah...

its cold...and peaceful. I heard from one ustadz, he said when the nite comes...you will feel a bit chill.

and the next morning it'll a bit cloudy. Just like today.

Aisha20
10-08-2007, 02:32 AM
try to search the night in the last ten days so u will not miss the laylatul qadr night..
actually here i dnt know how to recognize it cuz in every night (21-23-25) it did rain :wub: n the (20-22-24) didnt rain!!!!!!!!

north_malaysian
10-08-2007, 02:40 AM
^^^MashaAllah...yeah...

its cold...and peaceful. I heard from one ustadz, he said when the nite comes...you will feel a bit chill.

and the next morning it'll a bit cloudy. Just like today.
it's cloudy... but not heavily cloudy... usually by this time.. it should be scorching hot right...

the sky is blue... and ... amazingly... no haze.

syilla
10-09-2007, 01:23 AM

yesterday is raining too... this morning is a bit cloudy but like the day before.

Just wondering if anyone can answer my question here.

Does the malaikah comes only at night to collect our 3mal.

Pk_#2
10-09-2007, 08:15 PM
wow subhanAllah.

Kittygyal
10-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Salamualikum.

Theres a beautiful thread ALL must take a glance >>> http://www.islamicboard.com/fasting-...atul-qadr.html

People to be more specific the last 10days is the time to strive for more... A lot of scholars say different things about Laylatu-Qadr so i would actually say strive within the last 10days because Allaah knows best when the actual date is so rather than us saying its on so and so date also it says 'It has been confirmed that the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said: (In that particular year Laylatul-Qadar was revealed on the night of the twenty first). Therefore it is not befitting for a person to specify his stand (in prayer) on a particular night or distinguish a night which he yearns to be Laylatul-Qadar' ...we might aswel make the most of it by staying up for these few last days now...

Ma'assalama

.: Jannati :.
10-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Allahu Alam

Ummu Sufyaan
10-15-2007, 03:06 AM
ahh. and thus ramadan has passed us.
:cry:

syilla
10-22-2007, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
ahh. and thus ramadan has passed us.
:cry:
yeah...:cry:

but don't forget we can fast in the month of shawal too :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-22-2007, 05:02 AM
yeah, but the spirit would be different.

Al-Zaara
10-22-2007, 05:11 AM
Selam aleykum,

Didn't I close this thread??! I'm becoming old...

format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
yeah, but the spirit would be different.
What can one do, it's destiny, this is how it's simply is, gotta live with it innit... Be happy one has even been granted the blessing to live through another Ramazan. :D

Until next Ramazan inshaAllah!

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.