/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Little Help?

AnonymousPoster
10-05-2007, 07:32 PM
:sl:

I am in-need of help! I have found a pious muslimah that I wish to marry, inshallah. However, I talked to her once on msn just to get general information that's all, nothing inappropriate. Her parent's found out, but we haven't talked in months. And I felt really guilty about it, but I want to marry her. And her parents will highly likely reject me for that reason and the fact I am not bangali :cry: . What shall I do or approach I should take?

I want to do this islamically and I haven't flirtered with her at all! But I am not sure, my parent's don't mind after reasoning.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tryinghard
10-06-2007, 03:57 PM
:sl: I feel the best way Islamically to approach this would be to involve your parents. Either you talk to her parents or your parents talk to hers. I know the cultural differences might be a barrier, but inshaAllah you will overcome them. I'm sure her parents will overlook the online communication once they realize that your intent is sincere. However, i'm not so sure if continuing this contact online is a good idea without her parents' approval.

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Salamualikum.
Go ahead and just get married both of ya Idk man

nevesirth
10-06-2007, 04:21 PM
whts all these cultural differences nonesense? muslims should see each other as belonging to one ummah with a common culture 'islamic culture'.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2007, 09:26 AM
istikhara - parents advice - follow that.

dont jump to rash decisions, and always rememba the wives of jannah are far better :) (that includes the women of dunya who will be wives in jannah)

Re.TiReD
10-08-2007, 12:20 PM
:salamext:

Remember- only that will happen which Allah wills, the best thing for you to do insha'Allah is talk to your parents about it and they can pursue the matter rather than yourself. Then, if it was meant to be, Insha'Allah it will. Wallahu A'lam. All the best brother.

Pk_#2
10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Go ahead and just get married both of ya Idk man
Nah man leave her alone ;D she probly get smacked up,

If she realli wants ya and you really want her, then all the best. Ameen :D

Kittygyal
10-08-2007, 01:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Nah man leave her alone ;D she probly get smacked up,

If she realli wants ya and you really want her, then all the best. Ameen :D
Im not saying anything bad but just said the truth man... I feel sick :(

Just learn Bangali then...

Pk_#2
10-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Im not saying anything bad but just said the truth man... I feel sick :(

Just learn Bangali then...
Naa inshaAllah wa ta'ala it's nothing serious :hmm: inshaAllah :(

dw snowy

Kittygyal
10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Naa inshaAllah wa ta'ala it's nothing serious :hmm: inshaAllah :(

dw snowy
Yo made ma sick.... :hmm: so it is serious hun...

Anywho, the dude who posted this thread should learn bangali den init if he loves da gyal he'll do anytinf for her idk do w.e man

Pk_#2
10-08-2007, 03:16 PM

Anywho, the dude who posted this thread should learn bangali den init if he loves da gyal he'll do anytinf for her idk do w.e man
+o( You'll get used to it,

DU'A AT THE TIME OF DISTRESS
"Has -bi -yal-laa-hu wa ni'- mal wa-keel".
Allah (SWT) is sufficient for me and He is the Best Helper.

Kittygyal
10-08-2007, 03:17 PM
+o( You'll get used to it,

DU'A AT THE TIME OF DISTRESS
"Has -bi -yal-laa-hu wa ni'- mal wa-keel".
Allah (SWT) is sufficient for me and He is the Best Helper.
Got used to it day one man... err it's not YAL it's Allaah and it shouldn't have 'HU' in
Anywho thanks for reminder.
g2g now buh bye love ya mwah x

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2007, 04:00 PM
the way that dua was written seemed very confusing so for the unfamiliar brothers and sisters out there:

"Hasbi Allaah ! Wa ni'mal wa keel !"

NYCmuslim
10-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Well, how do you think her parents feel? They discovered someone they dont know on the internet asking their daughter to get married. Its probably best to meet w/ her parents face to face and also to get your parents involved. The two families should become familiar with each other and then Inshallah, Allah will take it from there.

Peace be unto you all

:w:

.: Jannati :.
10-10-2007, 05:39 AM

lol ^

to the brother : everything basically has been said, I'd just add that if you sincerely would like to marry her then first of all before taking any action perform Istikharah!

Most of the time we have no idea about whether a certain thing will be good for us or not as our knowledge is limited, therefore it is important you do so n with the guidance from Allah - if you feel you still want to marry the sister and feel that this is the best for you then obtain the Halaal means of getting married which is preferably through your parents especially as they will be inclined about the idea.

You have also got to understand her side in this situation, besides the fact that culture/cast/race/origin shouldn't really be an issue or a reason to reject a marriage proposal - it does happen and perhaps prominent in some backgrounds than others. Even though some may personally accept the idea of marriages like this taking place, they wouldn't do it, simply because, their parents would not be happy about it therefore there is no reason to cause them to be hurt or displeased when you can still get married according to their expectations, while making sure your own expectations are met. The sister must take her parents opinion into account when making a decision on whether she wants to ahead with this or not, as it is apart of their right over her. At the end of the day, all they want is for her to be happy, and they have her best interest at heart.

There is a lot of negative attitudes attached to those who marry into different cultures/backgrounds, and these derive from the cultures themselves as Islam in no way discourages it.

may Allah guide & bless you both in marriage if it is best for you. Aameen!

Firyal
10-10-2007, 12:22 PM

Something is lacking, the brother has not stated where is he from actually. Meaning that, is he from the same country as the girl or countries apart. Because if in the same country the brother first needs to settle the matter with his parents then the latters would decide which is the correct step for the welfare of their son.

:w:

Kittygyal
10-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Salamualikum.
^ Sister we don't need to know because he's already told us the gyal speaks bangali wheras he doesn't.. so doesn't that mean the gyal is from Bangladesh.. Allaah hu alim..

Also he clearly stated he's only chat once on msn ..

I don't know.. i feel sick

Ma'assalama

*~Sofia~*
10-10-2007, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevesirth
whts all these cultural differences nonesense? muslims should see each other as belonging to one ummah with a common culture 'islamic culture'.
salams..

well said brother :thumbs_up i know so many people that have this kind of view-point.. it is soo irritating.. gets me soo :grumbling
as long as a person is muslim.. whats the problem?!

I would advice to do istikhara bro..best solution i think..I pray that it works out for u brother..

w'salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!