/* */

PDA

View Full Version : East London Muslims Caged Guantanamo-Style!( 2 bro will be staying in a cage 4 6days)

Helena
10-06-2007, 12:53 PM
:sl:

East London Muslims Caged Guantanamo-Style!

04/10/2007

HIDDEN DETAINEES

Silenced But Not Forgotten

|||PRESS RELEASE|||

2 OCTOBER 2007

East London Muslims Caged Guantanamo-Style!

Two British Muslims will be locked-up in a cage, chained and hooded for 6 days and nights without basic amenities and comfort in a busy traffic junction corner on the Whitechapel Road (East London) from 2pm on Friday 5th October.

Hidden Detainees, the organisers behind the event, hope to recreate the barbaric conditions of the Guantanamo Bay (Camp X-Ray) camp in Cuba, where over 775 suspects from around the world were illegally held as part of America’s ‘War on Terror’. The notorious Camp X-Ray has received worldwide condemnation for operating outside the law, with record numbers of prisoners committing suicide and going on extensive hunger strikes.

“For over five years the prisoners have not been charged. They have been left in a state of limbo, rendering any effort to challenge their case in the court of law a futile exercise”, said Hidden Detainees spokesperson, Abdur-Rahman Sati.

The organisers have teamed up with a number of other human rights and community organisations to stage this extraordinary live stunt, including the Islamic Forum Europe (IFE), Liberty, Amnesty, Centre for the Study of Terrorism (CFSOT) and the 1990 Trust.

The Guantanomo Bay Cage in East London will be officially launched on Friday 5th October at 2pm at the junction of Whitechapel Road and New Road (London E1, next to the Royal London Hospital; nearest tube: Whitechapel) by former Guantanamo Bay detainees.

Notes to editors:

Hidden Detainees (HD) is a London-based voluntary human rights organization, which seeks to promote human rights and the plight of illegally held detainees around the world.

To request interviews with HD, please contact Khoirul Alam on 07962 348 353 or email: hiddendetainees@hotmail.co.uk

http://www.cageprisoners.com/articles.php?id=21924

AND...

DO YOUR BIT

Exclamation Sign the petition
Exclamation Speak to the ex-prisoners and find out how life is in Guantanamo
Exclamation Buy Guantanamo T-shirts for charity
Exclamation Donate money to support families of detainees

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
10-06-2007, 01:02 PM

Oh no, That started yesterday? How comes I never saw anything as I passed the Hospital on my way to the train station? :?

Hmmm, Have to keep my eyes peeled when I get back to work inshaAllaah.

Maidah
10-06-2007, 02:26 PM
ya i was around that area as well yesterday, infact on whitechapel rd, i didn't see anything.

I can't wait to see it on monday (if it's still around)

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-06-2007, 03:44 PM
SubhanAllah..............................this is a must see i guess:D ..............i think i'll go there on sunday inshallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
deen_2007
10-06-2007, 07:34 PM
i am posting here because for some reason i cannot create a thread under current affairs!

ARTICLE: fri 5TH october 2007

Guantanamo Bay protest in East London! Brothers Lock themsevles up!

East London Muslims Caged Guantanamo-Style
r2r | 05.10.2007 23:51 | Iraq | Repression | Terror War | London

Two British Muslims are locked-up in a cage, chained and hooded for 6 days and nights without basic amenities and comfort in a busy traffic junction corner on the Whitechapel Road (East London) ...

Hidden Detainees, the organisers behind the event, hope to recreate the barbaric conditions of the Guantanamo Bay (Camp X-Ray) camp in Cuba, where over 775 suspects from around the world were illegally held as part of America’s ‘War on Terror’. The notorious Camp X-Ray has received worldwide condemnation for operating outside the law, with record numbers of prisoners committing suicide and going on extensive hunger strikes.

“For over five years the prisoners have not been charged. They have been left in a state of limbo, rendering any effort to challenge their case in the court of law a futile exercise”, said Hidden Detainees spokesperson, Abdur-Rahman Sati.

The organisers have teamed up with a number of other human rights and community organisations to stage this extraordinary live stunt, including the Islamic Forum Europe (IFE), Liberty, Amnesty, Centre for the Study of Terrorism (CFSOT) and the 1990 Trust.

The Guantanomo Bay Cage in East London will be officially launched on Friday 5th October at 2pm at the junction of Whitechapel Road and New Road (London E1, next to the Royal London Hospital; nearest tube: Whitechapel) by former Guantanamo Bay detainees.

it is happening all near my house.....alhamdulliah its really good. and taking a lot of effect on the local people!

link;

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2007/10/382915.html

deen_2007
10-06-2007, 07:40 PM
salam...i dint see this thread...but ive made another one!

with pictures!

its there bro & sis....go see it.....its at the big junction in newroad/whitchapel rd.....

mods can merge the two threads...i dnt mind!

deen_2007
10-06-2007, 07:45 PM
if you live in east london...pls play a part in this!!!

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Salamualikum.
Im sure this has already been posted sister.
I don't get why they going to lock there self up in a cage and cover there faces, why there doing this?
Im not being bad or anything but would people around them let them do this?, If this was near my end they will kick the holy stuff out of them.
Ma'assalama

SATalha
10-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Sis the whole point of this event is that we rais awarness. And that WHAT we are achieving yesterday the amount of people that i was talking to and telling them just what goes on in Guantanamo BAy.......PLUS we are raising money for the detainees families. These brothers mashallah are making a point. We need to do something.

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha
Sis the whole point of this event is that we rais awarness. And that WHAT we are achieving yesterday the amount of people that i was talking to and telling them just what goes on in Guantanamo BAy.......PLUS we are raising money for the detainees families. These brothers mashallah are making a point. We need to do something.
Kinda depressing these Guantanamo all them video's i actually saw when they came on but yea they are straight to point though.
May Allaah reward them for there efforts amin

SATalha
10-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Jazakallah Kair sister for your kind words.

I was suprised many people who were not muslims cared greatly about the cause. I think the reason for this is becuase the place goes against our common human values.

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 09:51 PM

I was suprised many people who were not muslims cared greatly about the cause. I think the reason for this is becuase the place goes against our common human values.
No worries brother.
Oh masha'Allaah thast good news man, where you there by any chance?

Who organised all this? are these the real people who where in them video's?

Are they still outside in that cage or not yet? how they breathe with that black bag? Subhan'Allaah

Does someone provide food?

sowiee for soo many questions im just worried never heard abut this hapnin before :uhwhat

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-06-2007, 09:53 PM
STAND UP TO THE BULLIES (america)

SATalha
10-06-2007, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
No worries brother.
Oh masha'Allaah thast good news man, where you there by any chance?

Who organised all this? are these the real people who where in them video's?

Are they still outside in that cage or not yet? how they breathe with that black bag? Subhan'Allaah

Does someone provide food?

sowiee for soo many questions im just worried never heard abut this hapnin before :uhwhat

Yes sister i helped organise the event, the Event is backed by many groups in london like IFE, but the main bros are from HD aka Hidden Detainees.

I dont know what vids your talking about, but yes the brothers will be locked up till the end of Ramadhan. the only time they are allowed out is for Salah and toilet. And yes food is provided for them. And before you ask there is 24 hour gurads.

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-06-2007, 09:58 PM
We Should Do It Outside The White House (home Of The Devil Bush)

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 09:59 PM
Yes sister i helped organise the event, the Event is backed by many groups in london like IFE, but the main bros are from HD aka Hidden Detainees.

I dont know what vids your talking about, but yes the brothers will be locked up till the end of Ramadhan. the only time they are allowed out is for Salah and toilet. And yes food is provided for them. And before you ask there is 24 hour gurads.
Oh masha'Allaah soo good to hear you organised it once again Masha'Allaah. Put ya hands up brother TAKBIR! this is what i call a good down to earth muslim MASHA'ALLAAH im proud of ya bro :sunny:

Them videos of Guantanamo on telly and stuff remember? im sure they posted on this forum before aswel coz im 89% sure i watched it here or somehwere. :confused:
Oh thats good they have restrooms and food provided and most of all GURADS!.. one more thing what about them black bags they got on face whats that for?

snakelegs
10-06-2007, 09:59 PM

there are many non-muslims who are very concerned about this as well as the "special renditions". as an american, i am simply horrified that my country now espouses torture as legitimate.
but this thread will probably be moved to world affairs, which has been closed for ramadan.

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Its The Only Language Americans Know Remember Japan Korea Vietnam.

Malaikah
10-07-2007, 01:43 AM

Really got to admire the courage of those two men mashaallah!

wilberhum
10-07-2007, 02:12 AM

Most people care about people.
I don't know any non-Muslim that first determines what a religion a person belongs to before they express how they feel about a situation.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Interesting...that takes guts! MashaAllah for them...:D

Helena
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
erm bro/sis a short video is available on youtube inshallah ( that was created by a bro from ET)...and plz make a visit to see the bro inshAllah...

Media Tags are no longer supported

Re.TiReD
10-08-2007, 12:17 PM
:salamext:

SubhanAllah! what a great idea, even if all it does is make people realise that it's not everybody for themselves, we're ONE Ummah so we should start acting like one! And that means helping those in distress or worse off positions than us. May Allah guide us all and make us from among the true callers and helpers of this Deen. Ameen

Kittygyal
10-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Salamualikum
That vedio is kinda upsetting man seeing them in one cage and exspecially i've never seen this kinda stuff before ... Im just wondering how they breathe with the bag SUBHAN'ALLAAH!
Ma'assalama

Salaam
10-08-2007, 04:33 PM
they dont have the bags on all day, they put it on when they go for a walk in the market.

Kittygyal
10-08-2007, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
they dont have the bags on all day, they put it on when they go for a walk in the market.
Oh.. ok

SATalha
10-08-2007, 09:45 PM

I sense a little whats the word????? Cant think of it, but maybe you feel this is a waste of time? Correct me if iam wrong Akhi?

Ohh Yeah can one of the MOds please merge the thread that Deen2007 made with this one?

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Salamualikum.

Is this finished ha?

How did it all go people?

Ma'assalama

SATalha
10-24-2007, 10:33 PM
Yeah sis the brothers came out b4 eid. And we managed to get alot of attention. Maybe not from the media, but we have created a big following Allhamdulillah. We also raised 9000 for the families. Inshallah more things to come, we will not let our Muslim Bros and Sis suffer in silence.

Kittygyal
10-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Yeah sis the brothers came out b4 eid. And we managed to get alot of attention. Maybe not from the media, but we have created a big following Allhamdulillah. We also raised 9000 for the families. Inshallah more things to come, we will not let our Muslim Bros and Sis suffer in silence.
Aww masha'Allaah brother. Thats brillant.. More to come and do keep us updated :happy:

May Allaah reward you & your crew for your efforts. Amin

Ma'assalama

Salaam
10-25-2007, 12:36 PM
was it £9000 or 9000 signatures for the petition?

Kittygyal
10-25-2007, 12:39 PM
was it £9000 or 9000 signatures for the petition?
As the bro said for the ''families'' then im sure it's $9000 :zip:

Allaah hu alim.

Ma'assalama

Re.TiReD
10-26-2007, 11:18 AM
:salamext: wasnt this backed by anyone like HHUGS or cageprisoners?

SATalha
10-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Yes this waz backd by IFE, AMNESTY, REPRIEVE, CAGE PRISONERZ. Etc. We also had Mozam Begg come and the three tipton bros.

Re.TiReD
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
:salamext: wow masha'Allah! the Tipton 3 and Moazzem beg??? Anyone read his book btw...I'd reccommend it :peace:

SATalha
10-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Yep the book is called Enemy Combatant:D

sparkling-water
10-27-2007, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs
:salamext: wow masha'Allah! the Tipton 3 and Moazzem beg??? Anyone read his book btw...I'd reccommend it :peace:
i've read the book it's really touching and upsetting and the tipton 3 story and film was really sad,innocent people are being caged away and they're letting the real criminals walk this earth, these people need their heads testing man.

Re.TiReD
10-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Yep the book is called Enemy Combatant:D
Masha'Allah I loved it...really gave an insight into what we are too ignorant to see or help.

format_quote Originally Posted by sparkling-water
i've read the book it's really touching and upsetting and the tipton 3 story and film was really sad,innocent people are being caged away and they're letting the real criminals walk this earth, these people need their heads testing man.
:salamext: I quite agree, thats why we need to educate people more on what is happening to our brothers.

SATalha
10-27-2007, 06:41 PM
And thats 1 of our primary aim.

Re.TiReD
10-27-2007, 06:48 PM
:salamext: who are 'us'?

is it...

FE, AMNESTY, REPRIEVE, CAGE PRISONERZ. Etc.
and is there any way I or others can help?

SATalha
10-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Next time therz events like this just spread the word to all the other forums or blogs. Jazakallah:D

niler
11-02-2007, 12:24 PM
wish i could have witnessed it!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.