/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam Alaykum!!

N!CoL3
10-06-2007, 08:13 PM

Salaam Alaykum!!

Im a new convert to islam and proud of it!! lol
I am here to meet new friends and learn as much as I can. Just a few things about me:
I am not middle eastern, I am mexican american.
I had fully converted this ramadan and am fasting.
I would like to learn arabic and need help finding an islamic name...im open to suggestions!!

Please write me and I'll definetely appreciate it!

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
10-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Asalamu Alaykum,
welcome to the forum sister, have a lovely stay!

Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 08:17 PM
salamualikum.

Also congrats sister and yes don't we just love being a revert and come to the right religion? I do and yes you do aswel and im sure other peopel do aswel :). May i ask what did you believe in before?
Chnage your name to Alisha :p.. well no.. erm yes if you want to Lol.. i changed mine from Jodie to Alisha.

hope ya have fun and learn what ya want to learn insha'Allaah.

Ask away any questions you have.

Remember the Ummaah in ya dua'ah

Take care
Ma'assalama

N!CoL3
10-06-2007, 08:27 PM
I am 20 and was brought up with a family of christians, yet as I got a bit older I realized that it didn't fit me. I felt as if something wasn't right and as much as i tried to go to church, i felt lost and confused. When I started to research islam, i just have a longing desire to learn more. Something in my heart just fully has the desire to commit to islam. I admit that I have been so much more happy and satisfied knowing that allah has chose me to become a servant. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
10-06-2007, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by N!CoL3
I am 20 and was brought up with a family of christians, yet as I got a bit older I realized that it didn't fit me. I felt as if something wasn't right and as much as i tried to go to church, i felt lost and confused. When I started to research islam, i just have a longing desire to learn more. Something in my heart just fully has the desire to commit to islam. I admit that I have been so much more happy and satisfied knowing that allah has chose me to become a servant. :)
:sl:
Aww Masha'Allaah. Where you a Catholic Christain? I was a Catholic Christain
Now that you are a muslim do a lot of Dua'ah for the Ummaah please :). Talking from my own experience i know once becoming a muslim it's very hard at the begning because it's like a new life for ya but insha'Allaah once you become used to Islam it's a really good religion. At times i do have ups and downs but Alhmdulilah im proud to be a muslim :sunny:
Ya same here going to the church so did not fit me either i always would be lost and stuff but then i wasn't into going church and into my faith. Nevertheless now where muslim lets stay on right track insha'Allaah.

Ya Allaah forgive us and lead us all to the right path and make our life easier for us and call us to Janah. Amin.
Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
10-06-2007, 08:39 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the Islam & to the forums :)
Mashallah its so nice to have another revert on the forum! I don't know about others but it really gives my Iman a boost reading about people reverting, Alhamdulillah

Anways check this out for Islamic Names

If you have any other questions please just ask :thumbs_up

Intisar
10-06-2007, 08:41 PM
:salamext: Congrats on your reversion sis (especially during this holy month) :D! How's the fasting going? Regarding changing your name to that of an islamic one, perhaps you can find a website with a directory filled with islamic names (guys and girls). I'm sure you can find tons! Welcome to this forum, inshallah your stay will be beneficial and wonderful for you. :)

snakelegs
10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
from a fellow southern californian :sunny:

al Amaanah
10-08-2007, 10:58 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome to Islaam and LI sis! I hope you'll have an enjoyable and beneficial stay here insha Allah.
Maryam is a nice name. (^_^)

:w:

جوري
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.