/* */

PDA

View Full Version : disposing hair

salam786
10-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Salaam, usually when my hair drop after combing or just stroking through my hair, I tend to the chuck the hair away but recently my mum had a go at it as in her times they assumed it was a sin with the way I disposed my hair and the correct way in their times was to gather the hair and shove them in any holes that are in bricks! I thought how odd but can anyone confirm the correct disposing of hair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-07-2007, 04:34 PM
:sl:
that’s weird! I also heard that you ment to burry it or something like that. Allahu alam

I hope inshAllah someone can clear this up for us hey:mmokay: , with dileel insahAllah:sunny:

'Abd al-Baari
10-07-2007, 05:10 PM

Hope this helps, Inshallah :)
Question:

Respected scholars, as-Salamu `alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh. I'd like to know how to dispose of fallen hair and nails. Shall I bury them? Jazakum Allah Khayran

Answer:

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother in Islam, we appreciate the confidence you put in us as well as the wonderful question you have posed. May Allah bless your efforts in pursuit of knowledge!

No wonder, Islam deals with all aspects of life, major and minor. Muslims are required to adhere to the Islamic way of life in all their affairs.

As regards your question, we'd like to cite the following Fatwa issued by Sheikh M. S. Al-Munajjid, a prominent Saudi Islamic lecturer and author:

"There is no basis for saying that one must say bismillah (in the Name of Allah) three times over nails or hair before throwing them away, otherwise the Shaytan (Satan) will use them. It is also not correct to say that they must be buried; a Hadith narrated concerning that is very weak.

It is permissible to throw them in the garbage or down the drain, or to bury them. If a person fears that they may fall into the hands of those who practice sihr (sorcery), then he should dispose of them in a place where they will not be able to get hold of them."

Allah Almighty knows best

Fatawa Issuing Body : Islam online
Author/Scholar : Muhammad Saleh Al-Munajjid
Date Of Issue : 28/Sep/2003
Source

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
10-07-2007, 06:18 PM
JazakAllah khair brother :sunny: It is much appreciated

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
10-19-2007, 10:58 PM
yup go through your comb and flush it down the toilet so you don't clog your tub...that is proper burial.. and it is the same path many a wonderful pet goldfishes have taken..

~Taalibah~
10-19-2007, 11:26 PM
We bury the hair...

Amz
10-19-2007, 11:37 PM
wel dts a relief...i been wonderin for ages if ur allowed to really chuck hair n nails in the bin, cus thats wat i do..thanks for the info

Malaikah
10-20-2007, 05:19 AM

What ever happened to good old rubbish bins... lol.

Tania
10-20-2007, 07:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
yup go through your comb and flush it down the toilet so you don't clog your tub...that is proper burial.. and it is the same path many a wonderful pet goldfishes have taken..
Agreed with the toilet but only for the hair. The goldfishes should be burried.

NoName55
10-20-2007, 08:23 AM
hair and nails make a good plant food supplement, for that reason I put these in our compost bin.

in Sikhism it is to be collected and disposed of respectfully. Since most Punjabi Pakistanis and Sikhs are of same stock (i.e. all are jatts, including sub-branches) they are bound to follow each other's customs through lack of knowledge

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

Hope this helps, Inshallah :)

Source
jazak allahu khair brother. that was helpful.

Muslim Knight
10-21-2007, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia

remind me not give away goldfishes as birthday presents to my friends...

^..sTr!vEr..^
10-21-2007, 11:21 AM
thats silly!! :rolleyes:

10-21-2007, 11:30 AM
A woman's hair is a part of her awrah, so she needs to dispose of it in a way that ensures that ghair mahram can't see it

i've heard that you can even throw it in the sea.. the toilet prob leads there anyway

NoName55
10-21-2007, 11:46 AM
ROFL

only some perv may find combed out hair in a trash can as erotic.

Myself, I only ever found my wife's hair attractive while still atached to her head. If I ever borrowed a comb or brush and foud hair in it I went "eek"

sevgi
10-21-2007, 11:56 AM
lol..what a cool thread...

Alhamdulillah my hair barely ever falls out...dnt know how healthy that is though.

my mum has a really weird understanding abt this sort of thing.i dnt know about the hair falling out, but wen she cuts it, or her nails for that matter...she buries it..like in the garden.this is partly coz of it being a very good food suplement for plants (as bro noname has already stated) and because aparently the jiins(:Evil: have this weird potential to gather it up, if need be, and us it for like witchcraft and helping black magic participants and quirky things like that...

i do not have a link for this(daaahhh)...but it just mite be true..coz my mum is quite a sceptic when it comes to things like this.i have no idea.i just throw everything out...i wrap my nails in a peice of tissue...i hope the jinns cant find it through em:shade:

peace.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 12:03 PM
yeah, i used to bury these kinda things too!! jazakallahu khair to brother abdullah for providing a fatwa.

sevgi
10-21-2007, 12:06 PM
^^^ditto:)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 12:09 PM
yeah, i even buried my wisdoms. :X:nervous:

Tania
10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
ROFL

only some perv may find combed out hair in a trash can as erotic.

Myself, I only ever found my wife's hair attractive while still atached to her head. If I ever borrowed a comb or brush and foud hair in it I went "eek"
I don't want to shock you but here who leave the hair in comb its considered neglecting person :-[

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.