/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hijab, or lack of. Im angry and just ranting.

Thanaa
10-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Ive been reading just now, the comments on a hijabis blog elsewhere on the web.
One of them really riled me; Im practically spitting.
A sister (or brother-pretty certain it was a sister) had commented on women who dont wear hijab.
In her opinion "...a sista with out a hijab is just a wanabe that doesnt accept or is ashamed/embaressd of their islamic identity.
the best sistaz are the ones with hijab".
I find this particularly offensive, as I am no wannabe, but do not wear hijab. Insha Allah though, Ill be wearing niqab by the end of next year...
Anyhoo, The reason that I dont wear hijab is because I am at serious risk of being made homeless by my parents, if they find out that Im Muslim, which would then put me at risk of starvation and rape.

What I do not understand is how many people forget that a Muslim is not better than another Muslim (or anyone else for that matter) except in piety and good deeds.
While I agree that a headcovering is obligatory, I do not believe that all women who wear hijab (or even sometimes, niqab) are pious or particularly nice people.
How then can they be the best kind of sister?
This attitude is precisely what drives people away from Islam.
It also causes some Asian men to prey sexually on young white girls.
They consider it a shame to have sex with Asian Muslim women before marriage, and think that these women must be superior (if they are muslim women) by virtue of having cloth on their heads,and by being Asian/Muslim, no matter how religionless these women may actually be, and so they just go for the "white meat".
Many of these white girls are under 16, and naive.
You may have heard that one of these rings was broken up recently, and two men jailed. I cant remember if they were Muslim, but I know that some men involved in this are.
Its disgusting.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anwarica
10-08-2007, 03:25 AM
:sl:
Perhaps:
Hijab by brother Ali has some good points, plus it's a funny show. :)

The Non-Muslim Hijab.

P.S. Hijab isn't only about covering the hair. :)

syilla
10-08-2007, 03:56 AM
:salamext:

ukhtee...its normal to be judged.

Even the hijab ladies are being judged too.

How much we hate to be judged...we cannot escape it. Human loves to judge others :hmm: talking about don't judge the book by its cover...but ppl do judge by its cover.

Is not just you, but most of the muslimah who don't wear hijab are always worried about what other hijabies judge about them.

Just try your best to be the best muslimah...don't worry about others. :peace:

InshaAllah you will be a better muslimah then them, and inshaAllah one day you will wear hijab without any difficulty. :)

-Elle-
10-08-2007, 04:07 AM
Salamu3aleikum sis,

Getting straight to the point;no muslim is allowed to judge another.No one.None.They don't have that right.Only allah(SWT) is the ultimate judge...so don't mind people who put you down because IMO their just not worth the fuss...you don't have to prove yourself to anyone,only to Allah(SWT).He knows what's truly in your heart,and insh'allah one day you will be able to wear the hijab with pride and without fear:)

I wear the hijab,alhamdulillah,and most of the people I know(some friends,) do too..but let me tell you,the things some of the those girls do...you just wouldn't believe.So just because a woman wears the hijab doesn't mean she's necessarily more religious than a non-hijabi.Before putting on the hijab,a woman should make sure that she KNOWS why she's wearing it...

If you don't understand why you're doing something,chances are you're going to stray away from it pretty quickly...Many girls I know took off the hijab,(many,MANY girls),so in the end they just didn't know why they wore it in the first place.

This just goes to prove that hijab is not always a symbol of a strong iman(yes,in some cases,it can be,of course) but not always.So don't worry about people's tasteless opinions...make du'ah so Allah(SWT) can faciliate your situation so you can,in the future,wear it insh'allah.

hope this helped you feel better:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Thanaa
10-08-2007, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
Salamu3aleikum sis,

Getting straight to the point;no muslim is allowed to judge another.No one.None.They don't have that right.Only allah(SWT) is the ultimate judge...so don't mind people who put you down because IMO their just not worth the fuss...you don't have to prove yourself to anyone,only to Allah(SWT).He knows what's truly in your heart,and insh'allah one day you will be able to wear the hijab with pride and without fear:)

I wear the hijab,alhamdulillah,and most of the people I know(some friends,) do too..but let me tell you,the things some of the those girls do...you just wouldn't believe.So just because a woman wears the hijab doesn't mean she's necessarily more religious than a non-hijabi.Before putting on the hijab,a woman should make sure that she KNOWS why she's wearing it...

If you don't understand why you're doing something,chances are you're going to stray away from it pretty quickly...Many girls I know took off the hijab,(many,MANY girls),so in the end they just didn't know why they wore it in the first place.

This just goes to prove that hijab is not always a symbol of a strong iman(yes,in some cases,it can be,of course) but not always.So don't worry about people's tasteless opinions...make du'ah so Allah(SWT) can faciliate your situation so you can,in the future,wear it insh'allah.

hope this helped you feel better:)
Yeah, it made me feel better, thanks.
I just needed to rant about that, lol!
I suppose because Im religious, but live by the "judge the sin, not the sinner" rule, that it makes me angry when other people are judgemental about someone for whatever reason.

Malaikah
10-08-2007, 10:26 AM
:sl:

Subhanallah, how can you call a person a wannabe just for not wearing hijab. Hijab is a sin like other sins, we all sin, doesn't mean we are wannabes...

It may be that the girl is going through a transition phase...

I too know of sisters who wore hijab and then took it of. May Allah guide them and all of us.

Of course though, in my opinion, it is true that a women who wears hijab properly and because she fears Allah is better than a woman who does not wear it even though she is able, but only with respect to that act alone, and it is not our place to determine who is sincere or not.

Danah
10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Alsalam Alykom all

sister Thanaa, I hope Allah will help you and you will wear hejab in sha allah

first of all let me tell you something

it is right that Allah looks at our hearts not our shape

it is right that there is (unfortunately) some women are wearing hejab and not acting as a good Muslims

it is right that there is some women are wearing neqab and using a lot of make up on their eyes

but what we have to know is that in (qyamah) every one will be asked for himself.
we will not say that day that we were better than the others.
what exactly I mean, is that if I am a very good Muslim girl but not wearing a hejab, I will not say in front of Allah that : (at least) I am better than those who are bad and wear hejab. Oh Allah you are looking at our hearts

so sisters........................................... .....

why some people think that hejab is something applied to order the Muslim woman by force????

let me ask you what is the differences between a woman wearing hejab and another one wearing whatever she wants.
defiantly you will said the one who wear hejab is covering or hiding her body while the other one is not.

that is exactly the purpose of hejab.
In Islam woman beauty are something very very very precious to allow anyone see it.it is only allowed for those who are allowed to see her (maharem).

if you see the woman condition in other societies, she has been used as a tool, anyone see her, or they are hanging there designs on her. she using for commercial purposes.
take this scenario:
you go to a chocolate store, and there were samples for the customers to taste, and you find two chocolate pieces. One of them is opened and the other one is uncovered.
naturally, which one you will take???

for sure you will take the one covered. WHY????
because you are sure that no one touch the covered one and you can eat it softly. While the other one is touched by anyone or even is not totally clean

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2007, 11:41 AM
^ what a beautiful example...

Re.TiReD
10-08-2007, 12:10 PM

Allah is the only judge, remember that sister...

The only thing that can weigh us all apart is the faith we have, deep inside our hearts. (Dawud Wharnsby Nasheed)

Kittygyal
10-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Salamualikum.
Theres two threads of same topic.

Intisar
10-08-2007, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.
Theres two threads of same topic.
:w: I was just gonna say that too! :?

Haidar_Abbas
10-08-2007, 06:08 PM
:sl: uhktee Thanaa, alot of us face terrible sorts of reprisals because of our islamic culture the best thing to do, inshaAllah, save up some money and move. Not matter the situation and especially if it threatens your life, honour, well being , safety..etc...and for the record i dont mean to a non muslim community make it a muslim community get out from the non muslim communities inshaAllah :sl:

Danah
10-08-2007, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JihadunNafs

Allah is the only judge, remember that sister...

The only thing that can weigh us all apart is the faith we have, deep inside our hearts. (Dawud Wharnsby Nasheed)
Yeah sister you are right, allah is the only one judge us. but also we have not to take something from Islam and leave something else.

and there is no doubt about the importance of hejab in Islam dear

even if we have a pure heart, we should let the picture to be completed and make a good look and a good heart.

am I right????

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.