/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I need help finding some Muslim voices in the public arena.

Grace Seeker
10-08-2007, 04:33 PM
My dear Muslim brothers and sisters,

I need your help with something. Not only do I post here, but I'm also active on several Christian forum sites. In these communities, there exists a portion of those groups (a minority probably, but still a significant minority) that view Islam as being a violent religion. Now, my experience is different, so I don't need you to convince me. But what I do need help with is finding those public voices of Islam that have denounced the violence of those all too well-known and well-publicized faces of Islam that have given to many this other view.

Can you direct me to those major figures in the world of Islam or any organization/group that speaks for significant numbers within the Muslim community that have spoken out in the last year or two to publicly condemn violence conducted in the name of Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
NYCmuslim
10-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Peace brother,

I dont know if this helps but I have seen video lectures of certain speakers like Dr. Zakir Naik, Khalid Yasin, Bilal Phillips and several others condemn terrorism and even explain how terrorism is incompatible with Islam. A quick google search or search on youtube can produce these videos and maybe you can direct your fellow Christians to watch them.

Peace be unto you all

:w:

rubiesand
10-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Check this brother Grace Seeker!

glo
10-12-2007, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
My dear Muslim brothers and sisters,

I need your help with something. Not only do I post here, but I'm also active on several Christian forum sites. In these communities, there exists a portion of those groups (a minority probably, but still a significant minority) that view Islam as being a violent religion. Now, my experience is different, so I don't need you to convince me. But what I do need help with is finding those public voices of Islam that have denounced the violence of those all too well-known and well-publicized faces of Islam that have given to many this other view.

Can you direct me to those major figures in the world of Islam or any organization/group that speaks for significant numbers within the Muslim community that have spoken out in the last year or two to publicly condemn violence conducted in the name of Islam?
This is not an organisation as such, but Trumble posted an article in this thread, which you may find interesting.

Over 130 Muslim scholars and leaders from around the world have today released the text of a letter to Christian leaders that outlines proposed areas of understanding between the faiths and urges a search for "common ground."

Addressed to Pope Benedict XVI, Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams and and major leaders of Orthodox, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Evangelical, Pentecostal churches and other Christian bodies, the 29-page letter offers interpretations of both the Qur'an and the Bible on the love of God, love of neighbour and other spiritual precepts that are similar in Christianity and Islam.

"The Unity of God, the necessity of love for [God], and the necessity of love of the neighbour is thus the common ground between Islam and Christianity," say 138 Muslim leaders, representing all branches of the faith, say in the letter entitled 'A Common Word Between Us and You.'
The names of those who have contributed to the letter are provided in Trumbles link.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NoName55
10-12-2007, 06:04 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

NoName55
10-12-2007, 06:21 AM
Terrorism Draws Great Harm Upon the Muslims

lmaestro
10-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Are links to external sites allowed?
http://www.lightuponlight.com/islam/...=search&query=
If not,please remove.Thanks

lmaestro
10-12-2007, 06:53 AM
^^^^^^^^search terrorism

waji
10-12-2007, 10:18 AM
:sl:

Check this
i hope this will help you

:w:

Muslim Knight
10-13-2007, 11:16 AM
I think this is for starters. It is about a Muslim organization to which I belong to; Muslim Youth Organization Malaysia (ABIM)

http://islamicoutreach.com.my/

- Qatada -
10-13-2007, 11:37 AM
Here's some, its a famous campaign in the UK:

http://islamispeace.org.uk/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.