/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Food Moochers

manwithnogun
10-08-2007, 10:16 PM
salaam,
alright i know this is a very small little problem compared to some others on here but hah it can get quite frustrating.....so everyday at iftar when i get my food, many many people around me (non muslims who know im fasting) start asking if they can have some of my food. At first, i figured i would be generous and give each of them some of my food because Allah would look happily upon that. but later it kept going on and on everyday. People would always be asking oh can i have some of that? and usually i would give.
lately i havent been as generous with giving of my food to these people because i realized that i wasnt eating enough food and it was starting to be bad for my health. but my question is, was i doing the right thing by giving these non muslims food? or should i have all along kept it to myself? or well what should i have done?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
10-09-2007, 04:02 PM
selam aleykum

I don't know of any rule that says it's forbidden to give food, and I don't know of any rule that says it's obliged to give them (unless they are really hungry, but since your fasting and there not I doubt that).

But in general giving is a good thing. My advice to you would be, bring more food ;)

Pk_#2
10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Aww mashaAllah yeah bring more food, tell em to bring some aswell have an iftaar party lol

I hate beggers dou. (the rich beggers dat is, who go around asking for food money and whatnot while they themselves are loaded)

Kittygyal
10-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Salamualikum.

'Food Moochers' you sure thats the word to describe? ;D lol <<< sowiee makes me laugh...

Anywho, i would recommend you to buy some extra food... It's really really good to give your food to non-muslims it's called 'sharing' which is polite manner.. Allaah will bless you with more and more food .. don't be upset stay strong and health but im not saying give all your food to people who ask, give little and have some for your self..

Also, if it's take out then buy extra if it isn't takeout and home made then who ever makes the food tell them to make extra.. Bad thing is im poor at cooking and i would be delightful if people come and ask me for food... but oh well thats never going to happen...

Tips:

1) Make more food
2) buy more igredients
3) If it's takeout buy more food

last but not least have enough for your own self....

Share brother and don't feel bad.... be healthy and feed your self and others...

You can always have a picknick .. or sell food for bargain :X hehe

Maybe they like the cooking ...

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
10-09-2007, 08:59 PM
:salamext:

Did you cooked it yourself? Maybe you should cook alot more.

Try to find food enough for you and them too :hmm: :D

manwithnogun
10-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Nah i dont cook it sadly :( i get it from the cafeteria at my school and i take it to the dorms thats what can be frustrating when people take more of the food i have purely because they are to lazy to walk over to the cafeteria to feed themselves. In some ways it almost feels like they are mocking me haha

Woodrow
10-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Learn to cook like I cook. Nobody asks for anything I cook.

Is it safe to assume you are in a university dormitory? If that is the case. It is difficult to keep from sharing. university students call smell food from 60 Km distance. The only option is to be blunt. Explain you have not eaten all day and you are on a small budget and like them need to conserve your resources. tell them that if they are willing to swap food you would be willing to trade for any Halal food they save during the day.

Kittygyal
10-09-2007, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manwithnogun
Nah i dont cook it sadly :( i get it from the cafeteria at my school and i take it to the dorms thats what can be frustrating when people take more of the food i have purely because they are to lazy to walk over to the cafeteria to feed themselves. In some ways it almost feels like they are mocking me haha
Well if you feel like that then easy say 'i don't have much food so im sincerly sowiee' and mean it don't laugh... then we'll see if they snatch your food then that means they are lazy!

Abdul-Raouf
10-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Hey are u a close friend of those lazy guys? or they r jus hi/bye fellows ?...
.... In my school/college days ... if someone brings tasty food and he is close to me.... then with complete right i eat his food (not everything.. )...... and it happens to me too.... but if he is jus hi/bye fellow then i keep myself quiet..thats it.....

Never been to ur situation...cos my school/uni ends an hour before iftar time...

IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
how can you display food in public and not expect people to want some? lol WE'RE ONLY HUMAN :p

seriously, either keep patience till you can eat it in your own home or share it :D

but mashaAllah i really respect u 4 sharing it :)

Intisar
10-10-2007, 11:32 AM
:salamext:Mashaa'Allah akhee, being generous is a very good trait may Allaah Azza Wa Jaal reward you! As for giving out food, if you are really hungry and accidently forget to bring more then perhaps you can tell them nicely that you have been fasting all day and that you are extremely hungry. :) I don't understand why people who aren't fasting would ask you for food though. :hmm:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2007, 11:35 AM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

if you really think about it, here in the west Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, azza wa jall, has given us much provision to the extent that we never seem to go anything CLOSE to the point of starvation. So honestly, unless we've been hungry for 2-3 days straight, why cant we share, right? :)

MaiCarInMtl
10-10-2007, 05:40 PM
If they keep taking your food, I think it's not out of the question that you ask them to share the food they have with you. They expect you to hare your food with them, I would only think it is expected of them to share their food with you. Maybe not equally, but something!

If it's always the same people and they don't offer you anything... well yeah, then they are moochers (in my book). Giving is good, I love cooking for people, but I have my limits and I have to work hard to go to school, pay my rent, utilities, buy my food, pay tuition, etc etc etc.

north_malaysian
10-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Next time just bring some dates and plain water with you... I wonder if they still asking for your Iftaar meal...:shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.