/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nikah without rukhsati

G N MUGHAL
10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
AOA,

brothers i hve marriage just after 2 days later but it will be just nikah and rukhsati will be after 6 or 7 months so my question is that it is allowed in the sharia to do this. reply most required.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-10-2007, 08:25 PM
Assalamualikum.
I don't know anyone of the meanings of these words nikah,rukhsati :-[

I apologise my first mother language is English so i don't know meaning.

Hope someone can help you :thankyou:

Ma'assalama

'Abd-al Latif
10-10-2007, 08:30 PM
walykum salam

Nikah = Marriage.

rukhsati ...???? i think u meant walima? (A marriage banquet?)

'Abd al-Baari
10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
:sl:

i think rukhsati means the bride leaving her parents home to live with her husband

in answer to your question i think the answer is yes because i know of a Maulana (A'alim) who did this :)..Inshallah i'll try to find a definite answer

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd al-Baari
10-10-2007, 08:46 PM
:sl:

This might help Inshallah :)

Is it makrooh to leave a long interval between the marriage contract and consummation of the marriage?

Question:
Is it makrooh to leave a long interval between the :
Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah preserve him, who answered as follows:

It is not makrooh, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concluded the marriage contract with ‘Aa’ishah when she was six years old, and consummated the marriage with her when she was nine. The prospective husband may do that sometimes because he is keen to get married and is afraid that the woman or her family may change their minds, so he hastens to conclude the marriage contract. There is nothing wrong with that from the point of view of sharee’ah, but I think that the marriage contract should be concluded at the same time as the marriage is to be consummated, or shortly before, because that helps to avoid problems that may arise, such as differences that lead to divorce, or death of one of the spouses, etc… And Allaah is the source of strength.
Source

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.