/* */

PDA

View Full Version : cutting portions of qur'an

Umm Abdullaah
10-11-2007, 01:16 PM
bismillah

salamu`alaykum wa ramatullah

Does anyone know how I can cut portions of the qur'an? Like for example in surah baqarah, the last two verses. Is there any software?

jazaakumullahu khayran.

Looking forward to your replies.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Salamualikum.

I don't understand sister, what you mean by cutting them?

Ma'assalama

Anwarica
10-11-2007, 01:26 PM
:sl:
If you mean to cut text (not audio), you can download the software of King Fahd Complex for the Printing of the Holy Qur'an.

you can specify the starting ayah and the ending ayah then click to copy the text with tashkeel to Microsoft Word. :)

Anwarica
10-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I noticed the post in Islamic media section, so if it's about audio .. there's a simple "portable" trick to use without needing additional software.

First log into http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran where you can listen to Quran by your favorite reciter and you can easily select the surah, ayah, etc

Assuming you've windows xp
Double click on the speaker in the system tray, then options --> properties and select recoding).
Select Stereo Mix and adjust that volume slide as you like.

Next step, select "run" from "start" menu .. type this:
sndrec32
click on the red brownish circle to record audio .. notice that it gives you only 60 seconds of recording, but you can click on it after those 60 seconds to get another 60 seconds and so on.

You can use a program like Jet audio to record too.

P.S. selecting Stereo Mix is very important to record audio.

Hope that primitive solution work insha'Allah. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abdullaah
10-11-2007, 03:01 PM
yeah that's what I meant, ^ cutting out the audio of a specific ayah from a surah.

swanlake
10-11-2007, 03:10 PM
The whole Quran
http://www.muslimshowbiz.com/memoriz...hed%20Alafasy/

Al Baqarah
http://www.muslimshowbiz.com/memoriz...%20Alafasy/02/

chacha_jalebi
10-11-2007, 03:11 PM
^ use i tunes sister, its proper simple you can just where you want the surah to begin and where you want it to end! :D

but the only problem is that when you put it on your ipod, its gona take up the memory of the whole surah and not jus the bit you want to listen

but its still easyyyyyy :shade:

'Abd al-Baari
10-11-2007, 03:48 PM

Audaicity

Its very easy to use and free to download :)

If you need any help just PM me or if you want it doing for you just PM me..Inshallah i should be able to do it for you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.