/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ok, another question

Coleppard
10-12-2007, 02:34 AM
I am new to this, so I need help. My brother and I are going to Mosque tomorrow (can you guess why?). We have only been once before and worse suits and stuff (we weren't Muslim at the time, it was a school project). What is appropriate dress. Suits seem to be too fancy, but we don't want to underdress. Would nice jeans and a collared shirt work.
thanks for your support

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-12-2007, 02:53 AM
Remember. nobody is going to expect you to fully know everything. I assume you are both male. So a long sleeve loose fitting shirt and loose fitting paints that do not go beyond the ankles will suffice. The important thing is for the clothes to be clean and with no slogans would be appropriate. Nobody is going to judge you on your clothing. The Masjid is not a fashion show.

Coleppard
10-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Thanks. Will do. :D

muslim1
10-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Coleppard
How was your trip to the mosque? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Coleppard
11-03-2007, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslim1
Coleppard
How was your trip to the mosque? :)
We came at the wrong time for normal prayer, and the were still doing Ramadan on Friday, we thought they had ended. The Mosque in the other town was, but we had to get to school.

jouju
11-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Assalam alyk
As long as u wear decently in clean clothes....wit the trouser not beyond d ankles.

Am prayin dat u become attashed to d mosque Coz one who is gets a shade yawmul qiyama

muslim1
11-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Coleppard
Good luck next time. :smile: There are acurate times for prayers in mosque. These are: dawn, noon (about 12 pm) afternoon (about 3 pm) and sunset (about 6 pm) and after sunset (about 8 pm). You will have to know those accurate times.

I suggest you make friends with some good muslims who could guide you through your long journey of discovering Islam.

We are all here are your friends as well and will be pleased to answer any question. :smile:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.