/* */

PDA

View Full Version : **** feel sooo guilty :-(

anonymous
10-12-2007, 05:57 PM
:sl:
Basically I think I just made a really poor judgment and missed a fast :'( Like in ma community its like the bengalis do it on one day and the pakistani community do it on the other..^o):cry: As much as i hate this, i actually thought Eid was today (issue of debate I know) but as we should go with the majority, i think it might actually be tomorrow...My family all kept a fast & i didnt...Feell proper guilty...With Saudi announcing it and everything and my turkish mate i thought must be today...& i heard if u purposely miss a fast u have to make up for it by fasting 60?...
Im sooo bad and feel sooooo guilty :laugh::laugh:
Do i have to make all 60 up?
Plzzz hellppp J/k

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The Ruler
10-12-2007, 06:09 PM

Since it is a much debated issue, there is no certainty. It's what many would call 'an ambiguous case'. In my better judgement, I'd say that you needn't make up the fast/s.

I was told to add "60 fasts r if u BREAK a fast [without a valid reason] after keeping. not when u miss it from beginning."

:w:

Kittygyal
10-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Salamualikum.

Allaah Hu Alim.

May Allaah forgive you and guide you. Amin

My Eid was today... But im feeling terrible! :(

Ma'assalama

Na7lah
10-12-2007, 06:13 PM
y sis u're suppose 2 b happy on eid :)

EId Mubarak

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
H4RUN
10-12-2007, 06:17 PM

This 'community' doesnt somehow reside in the City of Luton town:playing: does it??:p

Kittygyal
10-12-2007, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah421
y sis u're suppose 2 b happy on eid :)

EId Mubarak

^ If thats to me then just feel terrible, the weather,the people, the food, etc etc Subhan'Allaah im not complaning about the people nor food.. but just don't feel right with an company i don't know much nor there language... as it was me step pa's Mom's hosue and all there relatives.. i only know english so thats the poor thing :cry:

Maybe i might be okay tom'z insha'Allaah... Just abit health issues.. May Allaah make me better amin :cry:

Ma'assalama

aadil77
10-12-2007, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

Allaah Hu Alim.

May Allaah forgive you and guide you. Amin

My Eid was today... But im feeling terrible! :(

Ma'assalama
:sl: for some reason i feel the same, i didn't get to mosque on time so had to pray outside, the weather was dull, i had to go to school, it just didn't feel right following the bengalis and doing eid today

aadil77
10-12-2007, 07:13 PM
is there a thread on the debate of eid day? please send me the link

Kittygyal
10-12-2007, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
:sl:is there a thread on the debate of eid day? please send me the link

Not that i know of.. sowiee, but i don't think so there is one.

Anywho what do you want to debate about? The moon and stuff?

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
10-12-2007, 07:26 PM
:sl: for some reason i feel the same, i didn't get to mosque on time so had to pray outside, the weather was dull, i had to go to school, it just didn't feel right following the bengalis and doing eid today

Ya same here it's terrible the weather is dull outside first in mroning it was abit raining, was crying earlier for no reason...Got a migrane now and feel sick like mad... So just come home got change and took a tablet, feel like driffing of to sleep!

BTW I certainly do miss Leicester Ramdan Radio, all them calls i used to make calling them in Live radio now theres nothing of that anymore... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ma'assalama

Helena
10-12-2007, 07:33 PM

Erm akhi it was announced by saudi Authority that Eid is today...why are u blaming da bengalis?

this whole debate on whether eid shud fall on friday or satauday..its jus doing my heading...additionally Eid last for 3 days...so does it matter if one starts late or early?..

why cant we as one ummah do something together????..we all have diff views..:cry: it very saddening....

The Ruler
10-12-2007, 07:40 PM
I do not think it appropriate to stereotype the bengalis as those 'doing eid today'. Everyone in Saudi Arabia are doing their eid today, and so are many Pakistanis as well as Indians. [Not to mention the dear Arabians too].

Do feel free to blame your own ignorance for such a mistake.

why cant we as one ummah do something together????..we all have diff views..

it very saddening....
We are one Ummah, consisting of many people with many view points.

Kittygyal
10-12-2007, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Helena
Erm akhi it was announced by saudi Authority that Eid is today...why are u blaming da bengalis?

this whole debate on whether eid shud fall on friday or satauday..its jus doing my heading...additionally Eid last for 3 days...so does it matter if one starts late or early?..

why cant we as one ummah do something together????..we all have diff views..:cry: it very saddening....

I know what ya mean sister, all this 'Eid fuss' is givin me a bad migrane! :cry:

But i understand the brother aswel, just that he had to go school on eid day and stuff he feel terrible... i understand his situation plus the weather and stuff its dull everywhere you go... Subhan'Allaah..

I certainly do not blame anyone of the Eid day or anything... thats up to Allaah the Almighty
Anywho people forgive the bro plz

Ma'assalama

.: Jannati :.
10-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Alhamdulillah! Eid is today for me May Allah bless us all with Hidayah regarding all of our affairs..Aameeen!!!

Silver Pearl
10-12-2007, 08:05 PM
:salamext:

I don't know if there is. However there is two opinions. To either follow the global moonsighting or to go on local moonsighting (Shafi'ee school of thought). We celebrated Eid today as our Mosque tends to follow Saudi but many places look for their local moonsighting hence why there is a ikhtilaaf on the matter.

The latter opinion is deemed to be stronger. And the evidence for this is:

Kurayb says: "I went to Sham and finished the job. I was in Sham when the month of Ramadān began and we saw the moon the night of Friday. When I reached Madinah at the end of the blessed month, Ibn ‘Abbas asked me about Sham. (After answering him) He then asked me when we saw the moon.

I said, 'We saw the moon the night of Jumu‘ah.'

He asked, 'Did you see it as well?'

I said, 'Yes, I saw it too and many others saw it and we all kept fasting and so did

Mu‘awiyah (that is according to that moonsighting).'

Ibn ‘Abbas said, 'But we saw the moon on Saturday night, therefore, we will keep fasting for thirty days according to that unless we sight the moon on the 29th.'

I asked, 'You don’t think the moonsighting of Mu‘awiyah and his fasting is enough for you?'

Ibn ‘Abbas replied, 'No, this is how the Blessed Prophet (may the peace and blessing of Allaah be upon him) taught us.'"

(narrated by: Muslim, Tirmidhi, Nasa'i, Abū-Dāwūd, Musnad Ahmad and Daraqutni)

Allaahu'3llaam.Sister Anonymous don't feel guilty, qadrul-llaah. Insha'Allaah next Ramadhaan follow your community.

'Abd-al Latif
10-12-2007, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Basically I think I just made a really poor judgment and missed a fast :'( Like in ma community its like the bengalis do it on one day and the pakistani community do it on the other..^o):cry: As much as i hate this, i actually thought Eid was today (issue of debate I know) but as we should go with the majority, i think it might actually be tomorrow...My family all kept a fast & i didnt...Feell proper guilty...With Saudi announcing it and everything and my turkish mate i thought must be today...& i heard if u purposely miss a fast u have to make up for it by fasting 60?...
Im sooo bad and feel sooooo guilty :laugh::laugh:
Do i have to make all 60 up?
Plzzz hellppp J/k
Asalamu Alykum Wa Rahmatullhi Wa Barakatuh

Fiqh of Siyaam (Fasting) by Yasir Qadhi

this will clear any misconceptions you have inshAllah.

p.s
from my knowledge, you only fast for 60 days, which is two months in a row, is if u had intercourse while you were fasting, and its two months because its supposed to be hard, i mean the whole point is to obstain from desires while ur fasting (i think this is only during ramadhaan because these fasts r waajib (obligatory)), if its a fard fast u missed then u must make that 1 fast up.

NoName55
10-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by aadil77

re: why eid on different day?

I blame the moon as it refuses to appear on same day everywhere and fault of earth too for not being flat, ok silliness aside, must read following thread as the only cure for ignorance and blind following , is education

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post841614

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-12-2007, 09:02 PM
what has the moon ever done to you lol.

anonymous
10-12-2007, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN

This 'community' doesnt somehow reside in the City of Luton town:playing: does it??:p
:sl:So much for anonymous dammit :uhwhat
JazakAllah Khairun...I'm not sure when Eid is, but Allah knows best...I know you're meant to be happy on Eid but its hard when our Ummahs so divided :mad::offended: May Allah help us all...Hope everyone has a smashing day whenever your celebrating it...May Allah accept all your ibadaah in the past month & shower His barkat upon you and your families...Ameen...Miss Ramadan, Soo didnt make the most of it, gone like a shot...Byebye Ramadan & Hello Shaitaan :( Eek :offended::cry:.... JazakAllah Khair everyone, All my love to the Ummah, May Allah bless you all :) fi amanAllah :w: wr wb x

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-12-2007, 09:46 PM
luton is a important town anyway.

aadil77
10-12-2007, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
BTW I certainly do miss Leicester Ramdan Radio, all them calls i used to make calling them in Live radio now theres nothing of that anymore... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ma'assalama
:sl: ramadan radio was on throughout ramadan in leicester sis, heres the link http://fmo.org.uk/

H4RUN
10-13-2007, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
luton is a important town anyway.

Just for that u get a rep :p

Actually make it BOLD and change the font colour to RED and then you'll get a whole load of reps :shade:

AnonymousPoster
10-13-2007, 01:29 PM
*In Times New Roman, size 7, :hmm:

Eid Mubarak MH n JS

I done Eid yesterday in Luton, with Saudi and most of my paki mates did azwell, so am guessing the majority.

Kittygyal
10-13-2007, 07:25 PM
:sl: ramadan radio was on throughout ramadan in leicester sis, heres the link http://fmo.org.uk/

I know it was Lol... But it going to go man :cry: ... All the calls i've been calling ahhhhh going to go down the drain now.. I used to call the live radio Often... :grumbling

Anywho may Allaah guide u amin

Kittygyal
10-13-2007, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
*In Times New Roman, size 7, :hmm:

Eid Mubarak MH n JS

I done Eid yesterday in Luton, with Saudi and most of my paki mates did azwell, so am guessing the majority.

Aye, Aye, Aye!! Hold ya horses mate! Hiding now are we?

Don't i just know who this is :coolalien (Or maybe think :Evil: )

Eid Mabrook

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.