/* */

PDA

View Full Version : namaz

welcome_islam
10-12-2007, 10:15 PM
When you are doing namaz, and someone walks in front of you ,does the person who is doing namaz stop doing it or do they carry on?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
:salamext:

Question: I know that it is not permissible to walk directly in front of a worshipper engaged in prayer. How far ahead of the worshipper must I be before I will be allowed to pass in front of him?

Answered by Sheikh Khâlid al-Mushaykih, professor at al-Imâm University, al-Qasîm brach

There are two different situations to consider.

The first situation is where the worshipper has placed something in front of him or positioned himself behind a pillar or something else to define his prayer space. This thing is known as the worshipper's sutrah. If he has taken a sutrah for himself, then it is permissible for you to pass directly beyond the sutrah. It is unlawful for you to pass between the worshipper and his sutrah.

The second situation is where the worshipper has not placed anything in front of him to define his prayer space. In this case, his prayer space is defined by the place that his head will go upon prostration. You may pass beyond that point. Some scholars have approximated this distance to be roughly three forearm lengths from the worshipper’s feet.

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...main_cat_id=25

A sutrah is something you place infront of you (when you're praying so if someone goes past it, your namaz doesn't break.

Click here to read more about what a sutrah is:
http://muttaqun.com/sutrah.html

welcome_islam
10-13-2007, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
:salamext:

Question: I know that it is not permissible to walk directly in front of a worshipper engaged in prayer. How far ahead of the worshipper must I be before I will be allowed to pass in front of him?

Answered by Sheikh Khâlid al-Mushaykih, professor at al-Imâm University, al-Qasîm brach

There are two different situations to consider.

The first situation is where the worshipper has placed something in front of him or positioned himself behind a pillar or something else to define his prayer space. This thing is known as the worshipper's sutrah. If he has taken a sutrah for himself, then it is permissible for you to pass directly beyond the sutrah. It is unlawful for you to pass between the worshipper and his sutrah.

The second situation is where the worshipper has not placed anything in front of him to define his prayer space. In this case, his prayer space is defined by the place that his head will go upon prostration. You may pass beyond that point. Some scholars have approximated this distance to be roughly three forearm lengths from the worshipper’s feet.

And Allah knows best.

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detai...main_cat_id=25

A sutrah is something you place infront of you (when you're praying so if someone goes past it, your namaz doesn't break.

Click here to read more about what a sutrah is:
http://muttaqun.com/sutrah.html

thanx veru much

Camomilla
10-17-2007, 11:12 AM
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
10-17-2007, 11:17 AM
:sl:
im just wondering what happens when a muture women passes by, does this rule still apply. as in the hadith
He used to say: A man's prayer is cut off when there is nothing such as the end of a saddle in front of him, by: a [menstruating]55 woman, a donkey or a black dog. Abu Dharr said, 'I said: "O Messenger of Allaah, why the black dog rather than the red one?" He said, The black dog is a shaytaan.56
------
55 i.e. mature, and what is meant by `cut off' is `rendered futile'. As regards the hadeeth: "Nothing cuts off the prayer", then it is a weak hadeeth as I have shown in Tamaam al-Minnah (p. 306).

56 Muslim, Abu Daawood and Ibn Khuzaimah (1/95/2).

attari-student
10-17-2007, 07:46 PM
As salam O alaikum

attari-student
10-17-2007, 07:51 PM
JAZAK ALLLAH hul khairaa to share

hassaanejaz
10-17-2007, 07:52 PM
Salaam,
If the person is a kid....u should guide him/her about it and tell her what happens if you cross someone when he/she is offering namaaz!

HJM
10-26-2007, 03:01 AM
:sl:

But the question is when someone walk front of him..who is doing prayer....does the person who is doing namaz stop doing it or do they carry on?

if he didn't apply sutrah...???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.