/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How am i gonna die?

nebula
10-13-2007, 12:30 AM
ive always wondered how my death's gonna be like... and how many people would show up at my janaazah...

is it true that if u get more then 100 muslims praying at ur janazah ur sins are forgiven by Allah?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-13-2007, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
ive always wondered how my death's gonna be like... and how many people would show up at my janaazah...

is it true that if u get more then 100 muslims praying at ur janazah ur sins are forgiven by Allah?
I had never heard that. But, there are many things I have not heard about. It sounds like that could be from a Hadith, but I have no idea which one or if it is authentic.

None of us know how we will die. I thought I knew not very long back, but Allaah(swt) seems to have disagreed with the Doctors. the only thing any of know is that, unless Allaah(swt) plans different, we will die.

جوري
10-13-2007, 01:59 AM
Good to think about death.. I too am obsessed with it for entirely different reasons.. be that as it may... I keep learning new things from our glorious Quran.. listen to this sura and tell me what you think?

there are two verses in particular that have piqued my interest...

Media Tags are no longer supported

the verses I want to discuss are

فَأَمَّا إِن كَانَ مِنَ الْمُقَرَّبِينَ {
88}
[Pickthal 56:88] Thus if he is of those brought nigh,

فَرَوْحٌ وَرَيْحَانٌ وَجَنَّةُ نَعِيمٍ {89}
[Pickthal 56:89] Then breath of life, and plenty, and a Garden of delight.

وَأَمَّا إِن كَانَ مِنَ أَصْحَابِ الْيَمِينِ {90}
[Pickthal 56:90] And if he is of those on the right hand,

فَسَلَامٌ لَّكَ مِنْ أَصْحَابِ الْيَمِينِ {91}
[Pickthal 56:91] Then (the greeting) "Peace be unto thee" from those on the right hand.
There is a difference between 'almoqrabeen and as7ab alyameen' wallah A3lam when I was reading I got the impression it is at the moment of death.. one group gets roo7on wa ray7an, and as7ab Alyameen get peace from the right hand.. is there a scholar on board to delve into the verses more? I am sorry if I took the topic to a route different than originally intended.. I think when we all think of death we have different impressions.. I am all up for a discussion.. I havw witnessed the death of a few people.. and I must admit, it doesn't matter how stoned or out of it they are.. there is a knowing look about them. That is VERY LUCID!
thank you

:w:

Woodrow
10-13-2007, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Good to think about death.. I too am obsessed with it for entirely different reasons.. be that as it may... I keep learning new things from our glorious Quran.. listen to this sura and tell me what you think?

there are two verses in particular that have piqued my interest...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlgC5CKh26U

the verses I want to discuss are

There is a difference between 'almoqrabeen and as7ab alyameen' wallah A3lam when I was reading I got the impression it is at the moment of death.. one group gets roo7on wa ray7an, and as7ab Alyameen get peace from the right hand.. is there a scholar on board to delve into the verses more? I am sorry if I took the topic to a route different than originally intended.. I think when we all think of death we have different impressions.. I am all up for a discussion.. I havw witnessed the death of a few people.. and I must admit, it doesn't matter how stoned or out of it they are.. there is a knowing look about them. That is VERY LUCID!
thank you

Interesting you should mention that. I too have been near more than one person at the moment of death, and I agree there does seem to be a very lucid point at which the person is aware death is there.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nebula
10-13-2007, 02:20 AM
i admit i think about death nearly every day man but i dnt prepare myself for it... i dunno why

جوري
10-13-2007, 02:23 AM
There were a few incidents but there was one night in particular I was on call with a senior resident, and I remember having gotten us two yoho ( a quasi chocolate drink) which tastes really good and we needed it ( but I digress)...

It was a really busy night, and it was in a community hospital so you can imagine it was a wonder at all I had time to get a drink.. anyhow we had an AIDS patient, who had just come in by ambulance and he needed to be in the ICU basically from the ER to ICU, but we had no rooms so we put him on general medical floor, and he crashed, the first time, when they called code there must have been a million person pounding on his chest, senior resident told me to get on phone with ICU and see if we can secure him a room stat... well I did make the call, as we were both wheeling him out I swear to God his eyes met mine and he knew, what he hadn't his entire life... he had the most lucid knowing look on his face, then he crashed in the halls and again we pounded on his chest, but he was gone.. his eyes met mine, looked at something else and then, it is if they followed his soul... like he became blind with his last breath... as if life had left with his eye sight.. It was so strange I can't put it into words... but I shuddered.. every death really kills you and it doesn't matter how many times you've seen it...

Like someone slapped you with the truth and a bucket of ice water when your body is weak and can't take it!...

Woodrow
10-13-2007, 02:29 AM
There were a few incidents but there was one night in particular I was on call with a senior resident, and I remember having gotten us two yoho ( a quasi chocolate drink) which tastes really good and we needed it ( but I digress)...

It was a really busy night, and it was in a community hospital so you can imagine it was a wonder at all I had time to get a drink.. anyhow we had an AIDS patient, who had just come in by ambulance and he needed to be in the ICU basically from the ER to ICU, but we had no rooms so we put him on general medical floor, and he crashed, the first time, when they called code there must have been a million person pounding on his chest, senior resident told me to get on phone with ICU and see if we can secure him a room stat... well I did make the call, as we were both wheeling him out I swear to God his eyes met mine and he knew, what he hadn't his entire life... he had the most lucid knowing look on his face, then he crashed in the halls and again we pounded on his chest, but he was gone.. his eyes met mine, looked at something else and then, it is if they followed his soul... like he became blind with his last breath... as if life had left with his eye sight.. It was so strange I can't put it into words... but I shuddered.. every death really kills you and it doesn't matter how many times you've seen it...

Like someone slapped you with the truth and a bucket of ice water when your body is weak and can't take it!...

Quite true. with me I know there was no sound but every time I have been near a person at the moment of death it was like a heard a loud popping noise. Almost like an electric spark. Like I said it was not an audiable sound but it was an impression of a loud noise. I really can't describe it. And if you catch the eyes of a person at the moment of death, you know and there is no doubt, you absolutly know the person has left. with some it seems to be a moment of absolute terror and with some it is very serene and peaceful.

nebula
10-13-2007, 02:48 AM

wow that just sounds so scary man seriously... gave me goose bumps.... dont u get trometized sis? by seeing deaths in ur own hands... seriously..
i would neva be able to do work like that...

جوري
10-13-2007, 02:50 AM
I don't know that I have ever seen a person that was serene (astghfor Allah) -- just one guy had a resolute look.. like he was expecting it but not peace nor serenity unfortunately, it is as if he had no choice but to resign.. Some others have a down right grotesque face ( la 7wla wla qiwita ila billah).. I kept telling myself it was the tube in her mouth that made her look that way, but deep inside I knew different.. it was sad because she had no family, and we kept trying to contact anyone to come claim her.. it is as if no one gave a D A M N... I can't help but feel really sad for every deceased.. I'd write more but I don't want to upset people along with me...

There was one incident in particular where I feel I failed as a human being, and I always carry the guilt with me...I still remember the guys name too, I attended his autopsy.. it was really difficult to follow someone for three weeks see himdeteriorate and then see them on the pathologist's table... just hearing what he used to eat one day and where he kept his mashed potatoes, what kind of bread he liked and the ginger ale he drank and the next day see literally someone peel the skin off his head using a vibrating saw and then a skull chisel

Anyhow.. May Allah protect us from such vile ends..
Al7mdlilah Alzhi 3afana mima ibtala beh ghyrona wa fadhalana 3la katheren mima khalaqa tafdeela..

nebula
10-13-2007, 02:53 AM
wow im just speechless man...

جوري
10-13-2007, 02:56 AM
wow that just sounds so scary man seriously... gave me goose bumps.... dont u get trometized sis? by seeing deaths in ur own hands... seriously..
i would neva be able to do work like that...
I think it is best to work with what scares you most...
when I was very young, we lived in Saudi Arabia, in Riyadh, there was a cemetery there called (maqbarat al3ood) .. first time we passed by it as it was on the way to town, I read the memorial tablet but didn't register... well for yrs and yrs and yrs and until now, it has always been the subject of my dreams (more nightmares).. and I'll spare you them as, I used to always wake up night screaming for my parents

Anyhow--I believe the best way to conquer your fear of something is to deal with it as much as you can... except... death is so absolute, you can come really close to but never have a full taste, UNTIL IT IS YOUR TURN... :hmm:

nebula
10-13-2007, 03:06 AM
lol sis im feel scared now lol seriously i was went to the toliet and i was scared... :scared: paranoid aswell...

im kinda light hearted...

when i think about jinn death and stuff like this i start getting nervous and scared... i try to tell myself that Allah has power over all things but it just feels as if im gonna see a jinn lol i cant explain what im feeling properly lol

جوري
10-13-2007, 03:07 AM
what are you scared and paranoid about?

nebula
10-13-2007, 03:09 AM
im not always scared paranoid its just because of this conversation and when i just think about it too much...

well im scared about seeing a jinn or something like that death... im not a good muslim you see

جوري
10-13-2007, 03:16 AM
im not always scared paranoid its just because of this conversation and when i just think about it too much...

well im scared about seeing a jinn or something like that death... im not a good muslim you see
:haha: ;D well we can all stive to be good Muslims but a Muslim will not go to heaven because of his prayers and fast, rather Allah's mercy.. we'd have to spend every waking moment in thanks for all the bounty we are bestowed and his gifts are insurmountable....

About seeing Jinn..well what will Jinn do to you then that is horrible? they too are Allah's creation and more helpless than you... I think Jinn is the last thing you should worry about really... Just fix your affairs so that you'd work for hard in this world as if you'd live forever and fix them also so that you'd be ready to leave it at a moment's notice.. don't let death catch you unprepared.. Make your intentions pure at all times insha'Allah

nebula
10-13-2007, 03:26 AM
i must admit i love talking about jinns death even tho it scares me

strange aint it?

جوري
10-13-2007, 03:34 AM
not really... enter 'Jinn' in ebay and see how many fools are bidding obscene amounts of money to seek the aid of other than Allah... sad mostly...

وَأَنَّهُ كَانَ رِجَالٌ مِّنَ الْإِنسِ يَعُوذُونَ بِرِجَالٍ مِّنَ الْجِنِّ فَزَادُوهُمْ رَهَقًا {6}
[Yusufali 72:6] 'True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the Jinns, but they increased them in folly.
[Pickthal 72:6] And indeed individuals of humankind used to invoke the protection of individuals of the jinn, so that they increased them in revolt against Allah);
I don't think either translators captured 'rahaqan' properly, it is much worst than 'folly' or 'revolt'... it is a word to denote terror and pain that reaches the very soul...

It is good to walk in the light... that way even in the end one can have a smile and a resting place from paradise...

nebula
10-13-2007, 03:45 AM
not really... enter 'Jinn' in ebay and see how many fools are bidding obscene amounts of money to seek the aid of other than Allah... sad mostly...

I don't think either translators captured 'rahaqan' properly, it is much worst than 'folly' or 'revolt'... it is a word to denote terror and pain that reaches the very soul...

It is good to walk in the light... that way even in the end one can have a smile and a resting place from paradise...

i only understood the ebay bit thats about it lol

ur using complicated words lol

ayesha309
10-13-2007, 04:10 AM
this conversation is good. it is scary but like bro Nebula said, i love talking about it even though it is scary.
anyways sis, how do u sleep in the night after seeing soo many deaths? aren't you scared.....how do u do anything? but then again ur job constantly gives you awesome reminders of death which is good.
personally i have never seen anyone die in front of me, except once a pigeon came crashing in front of my footsteps. and it was bleeding and i could tel it was in excrutiating pain, flipping from side to side and then it died. and just that memory scares me, but your story about how you seen the man's eyes when he took his last breath must be scary
but despite it being scary, its good to talk about it. ramadan is finished, shayateen are released and if we can stil remember death and Allah, its beneficient.

nebula
10-13-2007, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha000
ramadan is finished, shayateen are released and if we can stil remember death and Allah, its beneficient.
thats so true sis :hmm:

جوري
10-13-2007, 04:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha000
anyways sis, how do u sleep in the night after seeing soo many deaths?
on my difficult nights I take a sleep aid

aren't you scared.....
of what? Death is a fact of life.. it is humbling to be there at someone's last moments

how do u do anything?
lol I suppose the same way anyone else does their job.. hopefully with fidelity and compassion.

but then again ur job constantly gives you awesome reminders of death which is good.
I agree.. it is also rewarding to serve man kind..and see people recover-- I believe, that, it is part of our purpose here...
Learn Quran, Serve humanity, be good to family...

islamirama
10-13-2007, 06:01 AM
I don't think i've ever seen anyone die before my eyes, but i've been to plenty of funerals, eve while i was a young lad. They always seem sleeping and at peace, although that is not always the case.

About people going to your funeral. What i've read is that if 3 people say you were a good person then you got 3 muslims who testified for your goodness and inshallah you are forgiven of your sins. Also, the more people that come to your funeral the better as it makes a stronger case for you in front of Allah that all these people came to pray on you. More precise and detail information is available on this if you are interested.

As for the eyes and last breath. Everybody knows when they are about to die, at that moment they can see the angel of Death and talk to him while we think he is just laying there. Then the angel informs him and takes his soul, the eyes normally show which way the angel went with the soul or came from.

One of the sahabas was ill and lying in this death bed, and he asked his wife and others to leave the room. All left except his wife (i think) and she stood in the door way to see/listen and there was no one in the room. The sahaba was talking to himself (to angel of death really) asking if it's his time and how will it be (painful or not etc) and then she came in but he has passed away by then.

ayesha309
10-13-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree.. it is also rewarding to serve man kind..and see people recover-- I believe, that, it is part of our purpose here...
Learn Quran, Serve humanity, be good to family...
that is soo true.... i forgot in your job you also see people recover which must be a great joy

and lastly may Allah bless with a peaceful death and may many people attend our funeral and may Allah descend his mercy and forgiveness upon us. Ameen

Miss Palestine
10-14-2007, 04:17 AM
Ameen....sumtimesz i wish i was deadd...idk if thatsz harram or not? but i dont reeelyyy meen itt itsz like just at the momentt =/

Woodrow
10-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Death is as much of a part of the life cycle as birth is. It is not Death we need fear, it is only the lack of having used this life to worship Allaah(swt) that we need fear.

ayesha309
10-14-2007, 04:40 AM
^^ that is soo true, what is the best way to prepare for death?

Miss Palestine
10-14-2007, 04:45 AM
worship Allah (swt) alwaysz i guess nd make dua alwaysz =//

Woodrow
10-14-2007, 05:11 AM
None of us can attain the perfect, but we are all capable of keeping in mind that every thought, word we say or deed we do is how we are worshiping or not worshiping. A very simple and effective reminder is to get into the habit of saying Bismilallahi ir Rahman ir Raheem before starting anything. Before long you will find yourself saying it to yourself before every conscious thought. This leads us to view all we do as being dedicated as a prayer to Allaah(swt)

ahsan28
10-14-2007, 07:26 AM
every death really kills you and it doesn't matter how many times you've seen it...:

True. And just imagine the condition of those embracing death by falling into the arms of their comrades and those who witness their comrades in critically injured state but know they can't be evacuated due to intense hostile fire and they have to die ultimately.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.