/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questians on Heaven in the Qur'an.

conscienta
10-13-2007, 04:16 AM
(If a thread like this already exists, I will read that one instead, but I checked before I posted this.)
I am wanting to get to know this belief system a little better, so I guess I best start with Heaven, according to the Qur'an:

What is Heaven like; appearance and rewards?

Who gets to go?

(bein' gay, this next question strikes me as important)
If a homosexual remains celebate throughout his/her life(or tries), tried and failed to shake the thoughts away, however is a devout Muslim otherwise, can he/she get into Heaven for his/her efforts?

I'll have more questions when I can think of more, but for now, I'll leave these here for now.

I appreciate any response, or a link to a thread where these questions have already been asked.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
10-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Hey. :)

What is Heaven like; appearance and rewards?

You can check this:

http://www.islamicboard.com/hereafte...-paradise.html

Who gets to go?
Those who testify that there is none worthy of worship except God (known as Allah in arabic), and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is God's slave and final Messenger. Then proves this with belief in his/heart, on his/her tongue, and through his/her actions, and dies in that state - then they will be the dwellers of the Paradise which God has promised his righteous servants.

(bein' gay, this next question strikes me as important)
If a homosexual remains celebate throughout his/her life(or tries), tried and failed to shake the thoughts away, however is a devout Muslim otherwise, can he/she get into Heaven for his/her efforts?

If a person does not do a sin, i.e. if they want to fornicate but do not do so out of love for God, fear of His punishment and hope for His reward. They will be rewarded for that, it will be a source of reward for them and not a form of punishment.

If a believer does fall into sin, they will find God the Ever Merciful, and since we are all prone to sin, He wants to forgive us. So we should repent to Him, mend our ways and ask for forgiveness if we ever do so. Then He will change our evil deeds into good, and raise that person in goodness, in this world and the one to come. God loves those who do good, and turn away from evil.

Also in regard to your question specifically, The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Allah/God has pardoned my people for what they think in their minds as long as they do not speak about it or act upon it.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

Explanation of that Prophetic narration
http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cf...sub_cat_id=780

All those who apply the believe in the testification that there is none worthy of worship except God, and that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is God's slave and final Messenger. Then proves this with belief in his/heart, on his/her tongue, and through his/her actions, and dies in that state. Even if they have done many wrongs in this life, and even if they did not repent and mend their ways, they may be punished in the hellfire for a temporary while, or may be forgiven by God on the Day of Judgement by His Mercy. Yet those who believed and did good works for the pleasure of God will reach the safe home of Paradise in the end, yet those who disbelieve and belie the signs of God, they will be punished in the hellfire for eternity for their ungratefulness. Yet God has said (translation of the meaning):

Why should Allâh/God punish you if you have thanked (Him) and have believed in Him. And Allâh is Ever All*Appreciative (of good), All*Knowing.

[Qur'an 4: 147]

Peace.

conscienta
10-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Thank you for your time, sir. :)

conscienta
10-13-2007, 03:32 PM
Next question is one I have asked Christians, before, and most of them have answered the same way.

Most Christian's believe that when animals die, they basically rot in the ground.

Do pets get into Heaven, at the request of their master, or on their own?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
10-13-2007, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by conscienta
Next question is one I have asked Christians, before, and most of them have answered the same way.

Most Christian's believe that when animals die, they basically rot in the ground.

Do pets get into Heaven, at the request of their master, or on their own?

Hey again. :)

It is an obligation upon the believers to treat animals and the creation of God with care and kindness, and there are many examples of this in Prophetic narrations.

For example, There is a Prophetic narration where a woman mistreated a cat by tieing it up so it had no chance of eating anything - not even the insects off the ground, she left it there till it died of hunger. Because of her evil, she is liable to the punishment of God for mistreating it on the Day of Judgment. However, there is also the opposite - there was a prostitute who went into a well to get herself some water on an extremely hot dry day, when she came out she saw a dog licking the ground out of extreme thirst, so she went back down the well and filled her shoe with water to give to the thirsty dog for the pleasure of God. Because of this, God forgave her and granted her paradise.

You can read more about this topic here;
http://islamtoday.com/show_sub_secti...4&sub_cat_id=0

About your specific question;

Shaykh al-Islam (Ibn Taymiyah) said:

“As for the animals, they will all be gathered by Allaah, as is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

‘There is not a moving (living) creature on earth, nor a bird that flies with its two wings, but are communities like you. We have neglected nothing in the Book, then unto their Lord they (all) shall be gathered’

[Qur'an al-An’aam 6:38]

‘And when the wild beasts are gathered together’

[Qur'an al-Takweer 81:5]

And among His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs, etc.) is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and whatever moving (living) creatures He has dispersed in them both. And He is All-Potent over their assembling (i.e. resurrecting them on the Day of Resurrection after their death, and dispersion of their bodies) whenever He wills'

[Qur'an al-Shoora 42:29]

The word idha (translated here as when or whenever) refers to something that will inevitably come to pass. And there are many well known ahaadeeth on this topic. On the Day of Resurrection Allaah will gather the animals, and the scores among them will be settled. Then it will be said to them,“Be dust!” and they will become dust. At that point the disbeliever will say, “Would that I were dust!” (al-Naba’ 72:40 – interpretation of the meaning). Whoever says that they will not be brought back to life is making a serious mistake, indeed he is misguided or is a disbeliever. And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 4/248

Ahmad (20534) narrated from Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was sitting, and two sheep locked horns, and one of them butted the other and defeated it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) smiled, and it was said to him, “Why are you smiling, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Because of the sheep. By the One in Whose hand is my soul, it will settle its score with the other on the Day of Resurrection.”

Ahmad Shaakir said, its isnaad is hasan and unbroken.

Muslim (2582) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “All rights will be restored on the Day of Resurrection, until even the hornless sheep will settle its score with the one that has horns.”

Al-Nawawi said:

This clearly indicates that the animals will be gathered on the Day of Resurrection, and that they will be brought back to life like human beings who are accountable, and like children and the insane and those who were not reached by the call of Islam. This is what is indicated by the Qur’aan and Sunnah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when the wild beasts are gathered together”

[Qur'an al-Takweer 81:5]

If someone wishes to have anything in Paradise, they can ask God for it since in Paradise there is all that the soul desires. Therefore if someone wishes to have their pet with them in Paradise, then they can ask God for that. The main point however is that animals will not go to paradise or go to the hellfire on account of their deeds or faith, since it is mankind and jinn who are accountable for that, and not necessarily the animals, even though the justice will be settled by them coming on the Day of Judgment. And Allah knows best.

Peace.

conscienta
10-14-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks again, sir! :)

- Qatada -
10-15-2007, 01:51 PM
No worries :) It's kool.

Peace!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.