/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Jathgnos
10-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Hello,

I believe a short introduction is in order before I begin to post. I am a 32 year old living in the US, I have a 2 year old daughter and another daughter on the way. I have very little knowledge of Islam and wish to learn more.

I am a product of the US culture, I have a slight bias towards Islam due to the knowledge I have aquired thus far. While I will not present such a bias, I can not help but feel it. Islam is not in my life, I don't know many Muslims and of one that I knew closely he presented it in a negative light. I don't like having such a bias, and wish to learn more of your religion. I want to be able to discuss topics of your religion with other people.

I am an Atheist, meaning I lack belief in any gods. I doubt that will change without any evidence. I have reviewed the miracles of the Koran and do not see them as evidence. It is not my pursuit of becoming a Muslim anymore than it is for me to become a Mormon (of which I am currently investigating). It is my intent to become more knowledgeable. I honestly hope this does not offend anyone.

Anyways, I will see you all in the forums.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
10-13-2007, 08:51 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]

Abdul-Raouf
10-13-2007, 09:41 AM

- Qatada -
10-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey :)

Here's two good links which give an intro to Islam:

http://beconvinced.com

http://www.islamtoday.com/discover_i...&sub_cat_id=41

I hope you benefit :) And thankyou for your time!

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
10-13-2007, 12:09 PM
welcome...

i admire ur honesty and opinionated nature...

u will have fun round here hopefully...(fun in a socially acceptable sense)lol.

peace,

nadia85
10-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Welocme

جوري
10-13-2007, 06:34 PM
greetings and salutations
.. enjoy your stay@ LI..pls be sure to use the search feature to research topics, most questions posed by atheists and non have been answered here in one form or another..

Muslims aren't looking to convert anyone.. acceptance comes from within... I doubt anyone can convert anyone in this day and age anyhow.. most who enter into a particular life style especially one as structured as decreed by Islam, do so on their own cognizance!...

All we ask for is sincere mutual respect.. some of us haven't had much luck with atheists keeping it to a level unfortunately...
with that said welcome board!

peace!

Kittygyal
10-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Greetings to you aswel.

glo
10-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Welcome to LI, Jathgnos. :)

My hubby is an atheist, and much of your post reflects the way he thinks too.

I guess people differ in what kind/level of 'evidence' they consider to be sufficient to convince them of the existence of God.

I look forward to reading your posts.
The Comparative Religions section has (amongst others) been closed for the duration of Ramadan, but I expect it will be opened again soon.
Otherwise, if you want to learn about Islam as opposed to discuss it (as you post seems to indicate), there is plenty of information in the Discovering Islam section.

Pull up a chair, pour yourself a coffee, and enjoy! :D

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!