/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about masjid al aqsa! please confirm

aadil77
10-13-2007, 09:20 PM
:sl:
not absolutely certain but I heard that the dome of either masjid al sakhrah or masjid al aqsa used to float or just levitate with any section for support, and people used to faint when they saw this, so the dome was sealed from below,

really curious about this so please confirm and give accurate account of this, with any hadiths or proof

jazahkhallah

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-14-2007, 03:49 PM
thread Approved

chacha_jalebi
10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
i heard but have never ever read it anywere that

when RasoolAllah (saw) wwas going on al isra wal maraj , you know how he stopped @ jerusalem, then when he was going up the dome tried to go up with him and he said "stay" and it did stay there in the air

that what me heard, but ive never read about it from the hadiths about al isra wal maraj

maybe someone more knowlegdable can help out :D come on :p

aadil77
10-14-2007, 03:59 PM
thanks for the info^ bro, thats the most iv'e ever heard of it.

Can anyone add to this?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Miss Palestine
10-14-2007, 10:00 PM
omggggg i missss masjid al aqsaa!!!! i prayed there this summerr but jusst once!! i wish i went there again but it was all cz of my dad he couldnt get through cz he hada palestinian passprt and he didnt hava visa...nd u cant pass unless u hava american pp with a visa or if ur a resident in jerusalem...wich is so sad =(

aadil77
10-15-2007, 03:35 PM
thats great sis:ooh: , but it doesn't help

tomtomsmom
10-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Is that the one that hangs out over the rocks and has nothing underneath?

aadil77
10-15-2007, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
Is that the one that hangs out over the rocks and has nothing underneath?
yes in israel

Kittygyal
10-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Salamualikum.

Subhan'Allaah intresting man!

aadil77
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
^ yes I know, come on people add to this , I want to know more!:D

can't find anything on google

tomtomsmom
10-15-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
yes in israel
My husband has been there. He said it was amazing to see!! It was so long ago when he told me I can't remember much. I will see what I can find out for you though!

aligzander
10-16-2007, 09:01 AM
not absolutely certain but I heard that the dome of either masjid al sakhrah or masjid al aqsa used to float or just levitate with any section for support, and people used to faint when they saw this, so the dome was sealed from below,

really curious about this so please confirm and give accurate account of this, with any hadiths or proof

jazahkhallah

Masjid As-Sakhrah

Masjid Al-Aqsa (Dome fo the Rock)

aadil77
10-16-2007, 03:13 PM
thanks for the pics bro, i think it was al aqsa

Whatsthepoint
10-16-2007, 03:19 PM

jazahkhallah

I'm curious too. Is there any evidence supporting these claims?

Nabooly
10-16-2007, 11:57 PM
I heard that the masjid was floating until the Isrealis came and refused to believe it so they built onto it......

Salam. :)

aligzander
10-17-2007, 11:13 AM
thanks for the pics bro, i think it was al aqsa

The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem (Arabic: Israa) and Ascent to the Heavens (Arabic: Miraj)

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Regarding the Statement of Allah"
"And We granted the vision (Ascension to the heavens) which We made you see (as an actual eye witness) was only made as a trial for the people." (17.60) Ibn Abbas added: The sights which Allah's Apostle was shown on the Night Journey when he was taken to Bait-ul Maqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) were actual sights, (not dreams). And the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in the Quran is the tree of Zaqqum (itself).

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 228

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, "On the night of my Ascent to the Heaven, I saw Moses who was a tall brown curly-haired man as if he was one of the men of Shan'awa tribe, and I saw Jesus, a man of medium height and moderate complexion inclined to the red and white colors and of lank hair. I also saw Malik, the gate-keeper of the (Hell) Fire and Ad-Dajjal amongst the signs which Allah showed me." (The Prophet then recited the Holy Verse): "So be not you in doubt of meeting him' when you met Moses during the night of Mi'raj over the heavens" (32.23) Narrated Anas and Abu Bakra: "The Prophet said, "The angels will guard Medina from Ad-Dajjal (who will not be able to enter the city of Medina)."

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI, Volume 4, Book 54, Number 462

Narrated Abbas bin Malik:
Malik bin Sasaa said that Allah's Apostle described to them his Night Journey saying, "While I was lying in Al-Hatim or Al-Hijr, suddenly someone came to me and cut my body open from here to here." I asked Al-Jarud who was by my side, "What does he mean?" He said, "It means from his throat to his pubic area," or said, "From the top of the chest." The Prophet further said, "He then took out my heart. Then a gold tray of Belief was brought to me and my heart was washed and was filled (with Belief) and then returned to its original place. Then a white animal which was smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me." (On this Al-Jarud asked, "Was it the Buraq, O Abu Hamza?" I (i.e. Anas) replied in the affirmative). The Prophet said, "The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the farthest point within the reach of the animal's sight. I was carried on it, and Gabriel set out with me till we reached the nearest heaven.

When he asked for the gate to be opened, it was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has Muhammad been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened, and when I went over the first heaven, I saw Adam there. Gabriel said (to me). 'This is your father, Adam; pay him your greetings.' So I greeted him and he returned the greeting to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious son and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me till we reached the second heaven. Gabriel asked for the gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel answered in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened.

When I went over the second heaven, there I saw Yahya (i.e. John) and 'Isa (i.e. Jesus) who were cousins of each other. Gabriel said (to me), 'These are John and Jesus; pay them your greetings.' So I greeted them and both of them returned my greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the third heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed, what an excellent visit his is!' The gate was opened, and when I went over the third heaven there I saw Joseph. Gabriel said (to me), 'This is Joseph; pay him your greetings.' So I greeted him and he returned the greeting to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the fourth heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed, what an excel lent visit his is!'

The gate was opened, and when I went over the fourth heaven, there I saw Idris. Gabriel said (to me), 'This is Idris; pay him your greetings.' So I greeted him and he returned the greeting to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the fifth heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked. 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said He is welcomed, what an excellent visit his is! So when I went over the fifth heaven, there I saw Harun (i.e. Aaron), Gabriel said, (to me). This is Aaron; pay him your greetings.' I greeted him and he returned the greeting to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the sixth heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked. 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. It was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!'

When I went (over the sixth heaven), there I saw Moses. Gabriel said (to me),' This is Moses; pay him your greeting. So I greeted him and he returned the greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious brother and pious Prophet.' When I left him (i.e. Moses) he wept. Someone asked him, 'What makes you weep?' Moses said, 'I weep because after me there has been sent (as Prophet) a young man whose followers will enter Paradise in greater numbers than my followers.' Then Gabriel ascended with me to the seventh heaven and asked for its gate to be opened. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel replied, 'Gabriel.' It was asked,' Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel replied, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel replied in the affirmative. Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What an excellent visit his is!'

So when I went (over the seventh heaven), there I saw Abraham. Gabriel said (to me), 'This is your father; pay your greetings to him.' So I greeted him and he returned the greetings to me and said, 'You are welcomed, O pious son and pious Prophet.' Then I was made to ascend to Sidrat-ul-Muntaha (i.e. the Lote Tree of the utmost boundary) Behold! Its fruits were like the jars of Hajr (i.e. a place near Medina) and its leaves were as big as the ears of elephants. Gabriel said, 'This is the Lote Tree of the utmost boundary) . Behold ! There ran four rivers, two were hidden and two were visible, I asked, 'What are these two kinds of rivers, O Gabriel?' He replied,' As for the hidden rivers, they are two rivers in Paradise and the visible rivers are the Nile and the Euphrates.'

Then Al-Bait-ul-Ma'mur (i.e. the Sacred House) was shown to me and a container full of wine and another full of milk and a third full of honey were brought to me. I took the milk. Gabriel remarked, 'This is the Islamic religion which you and your followers are following.' Then the prayers were enjoined on me: They were fifty prayers a day. When I returned, I passed by Moses who asked (me), 'What have you been ordered to do?' I replied, 'I have been ordered to offer fifty prayers a day.' Moses said, 'Your followers cannot bear fifty prayers a day, and by Allah, I have tested people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel (in vain). Go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your followers' burden.' So I went back, and Allah reduced ten prayers for me. Then again I came to Moses, but he repeated the same as he had said before. Then again I went back to Allah and He reduced ten more prayers. When I came back to Moses he said the same, I went back to Allah and He ordered me to observe ten prayers a day. When I came back to Moses, he repeated the same advice, so I went back to Allah and was ordered to observe five prayers a day.

When I came back to Moses, he said, 'What have you been ordered?' I replied, 'I have been ordered to observe five prayers a day.' He said, 'Your followers cannot bear five prayers a day, and no doubt, I have got an experience of the people before you, and I have tried my level best with Bani Israel, so go back to your Lord and ask for reduction to lessen your follower's burden.' I said, 'I have requested so much of my Lord that I feel ashamed, but I am satisfied now and surrender to Allah's Order.' When I left, I heard a voice saying, 'I have passed My Order and have lessened the burden of My Worshippers."

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 227

Barakallahu fik (may allah bless you) bro, regarding of the floating of Masjid Al-Aqsa, what I heard when I embrace Islam, not the whole mosque is floating but the big stone inside of Al-Aqsa and the Jews put a pillars or foundation on it because they want to hide the story of The Prophet's Night Journey to Heavens.

I post some hadith regarding the The Prophet's Night Journey to Heavens to show to everyone here that theres no hadith stating the floating of the stone inside Masjid Al-Aqsa. If anyone can give authentic hadith regarding that matter, then i will believe.

I hope my grammar is correct because i'm not fluent in english.

Abdul-Raouf
10-17-2007, 11:54 AM
I havent heard about this ..... Alhamdulillah its amazing...

poga
10-17-2007, 01:47 PM
:sl: there was one boulder when holy prophet MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim descended he first placed his foot on this rock and this lucky blessed rock cried to RASULALLAH saying as you have placed your feet upon me i want no other to place theirs feet upon me any more so MUHAMMADUR RASULALLAH accepted its pledge and raised the rock high
next day priest came and saw the the door that no one can open has been open and this rock is floating on air
the priest knew it was sign mention in theirs scriptures but to misguide theirs people they placed one pillar underneath the rock so its to seem it is part of the decor
this i learned long ago from some book don't remember the name is it true or not i don't know only ALLAH knows all:w:

aadil77
10-17-2007, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by poga
next day priest came and saw the the door that no one can open has been open and this rock is floating on air
the priest knew it was sign mention in theirs scriptures but to misguide theirs people they placed one pillar underneath the rock so its to seem it is part of the decor
this i learned long ago from some book don't remember the name is it true or not i don't know only ALLAH knows all:w:
which door can't be opened?

,thanks alot brothers for the info

aligzander
10-18-2007, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by poga
:sl: there was one boulder when holy prophet MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim descended he first placed his foot on this rock and this lucky blessed rock cried to RASULALLAH saying as you have placed your feet upon me i want no other to place theirs feet upon me any more so MUHAMMADUR RASULALLAH accepted its pledge and raised the rock high

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

Reference please.

*~Sofia~*
10-18-2007, 08:02 AM

Very interesting thread bro, I had no idea bout! :blind:

I always thought that Masjid al Aqsa was the first one in the pics below :-\

Gosh..I've got so much to learn :-[

format_quote Originally Posted by aligzander

Masjid As-Sakhrah

Masjid Al-Aqsa (Dome fo the Rock)
Sorry I can't help with any info bro

Neway

w'salam

aligzander
10-18-2007, 08:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*

Very interesting thread bro, I had no idea bout! :blind:

I always thought that Masjid al Aqsa was the first one in the pics below :-\

Gosh..I've got so much to learn :-[

Neway

w'salam

No problem, actually we are the same in situation before i finally got the truth regarding that matter.

aadil77
10-18-2007, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*

Neway

w'salam
no problem sis, ive just recently started learning about the holyness of jeruslem

aadil77
10-18-2007, 06:15 PM

Found out more about the importance of jeruslem to islam

Baitul Muqaddas
Pilgrimage sites
1 Masjid al-Aqsa (Dome of the Rock)
Prayer-niche (mihrab) of Imam Ali, peace be upon him
Room of Maryam, mother of Prophet Isa, peace be upon them
Room in which there are the mosallas of forty prophets

2 Masjid Sakhra
Sakhratullah: reported hillock from where Prophet Muhammad [s] ascended (me'raj)
Mosalla of nine prophets
The tongue of the stone that replied Prophet Muhammad [s]
Mosallas of Prophet Dawood [a], Prophet Sulaiman [a], Prophet Ibrahim [a], Prophet Muhammad [s], and Archangel Jibrail [a]

3 Tomb of Bibi Maryam [a], the mother of Prophet Isa [a]
4 The Cave of Prophets (ghar al-anbiya): between Jerusalem and Damascus
5 According to the book "Umra and Ziyarat", tomb of Prophet Uzair [a] - between Jerusalem and Damascus. (Isn't he supposed to be one of the four prophets still alive?)
6 Tomb of Prophet Musa [a]: 10 miles from Jerusalem

Historic sites
1 Court room of Prophet Sulaiman [a]
2 Stable made by Prophet Sulaiman [a] - now closed
3 Well of Rooh - now closed

Hebron - Khalil al-Rahman
Pilgrimage sites
Tomb of Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon him.
Tomb of Sarah, wife of Prophet Ibrahim and mother of Prophet Ishaq, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Prophet Ishaq, son of Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Rifka, wife of Prophet Ishaq, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Prophet Ya'qub, son of Prophet Ishaq, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Lanika, wife of Prophet Ya'qub, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Prophet Yusuf, son of Prophet Ya'qub, peace be upon them.

http://www.--------------/ziyarat/jeruslem.htm

chacha_jalebi
10-18-2007, 06:56 PM
5 According to the book "Umra and Ziyarat", tomb of Prophet Uzair [a] - between Jerusalem and Damascus. (Isn't he supposed to be one of the four prophets still alive?)
broooooo :D elo ello

no Prophet is alive apart from Hadhrat Isa (alayhi salam)and we know he coming backk, all these STORIES about Hadhrat Khidr (as) flying round and not dying are all false, same with Hadhrat Idrees & Hadhrat Ilyas (as) they not alive they dead:D

people that say they alive might aswell write bedtime stories and become best selling writers :p

now back on topic . . . .

there was one boulder when holy prophet MUHAMMAD Sallel La Hu Alahi Wa Sallim descended he first placed his foot on this rock and this lucky blessed rock cried to RASULALLAH saying as you have placed your feet upon me i want no other to place theirs feet upon me any more so MUHAMMADUR RASULALLAH accepted its pledge and raised the rock high
this i learned long ago from some book don't remember the name is it true or not i don't know only ALLAH knows
i dunno how authentic this is, but it fits in with what i heard, and what i heard ive never ever read anywhere, theres no daleel lol, inshallah we can find some . . . .

*~Sofia~*
10-18-2007, 07:19 PM

Found out more about the importance of jeruslem to islam

Baitul Muqaddas
Pilgrimage sites
1 Masjid al-Aqsa (Dome of the Rock)
Prayer-niche (mihrab) of Imam Ali, peace be upon him
Room of Maryam, mother of Prophet Isa, peace be upon them
Room in which there are the mosallas of forty prophets

2 Masjid Sakhra
Sakhratullah: reported hillock from where Prophet Muhammad [s] ascended (me'raj)
Mosalla of nine prophets
The tongue of the stone that replied Prophet Muhammad [s]
Mosallas of Prophet Dawood [a], Prophet Sulaiman [a], Prophet Ibrahim [a], Prophet Muhammad [s], and Archangel Jibrail [a]

3 Tomb of Bibi Maryam [a], the mother of Prophet Isa [a]
4 The Cave of Prophets (ghar al-anbiya): between Jerusalem and Damascus
6 Tomb of Prophet Musa [a]: 10 miles from Jerusalem

Historic sites
1 Court room of Prophet Sulaiman [a]
2 Stable made by Prophet Sulaiman [a] - now closed
3 Well of Rooh - now closed

Hebron - Khalil al-Rahman
Pilgrimage sites
Tomb of Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon him.
Tomb of Sarah, wife of Prophet Ibrahim and mother of Prophet Ishaq, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Prophet Ishaq, son of Prophet Ibrahim, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Rifka, wife of Prophet Ishaq, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Prophet Ya'qub, son of Prophet Ishaq, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Lanika, wife of Prophet Ya'qub, peace be upon them.
Tomb of Prophet Yusuf, son of Prophet Ya'qub, peace be upon them.

http://www.--------------/ziyarat/jeruslem.htm
:sl: brother

:ooh: wow i never knew there was so many things in jerusalem! I wanna go there now, to go and see all those places you just mentioned.. wud love to go there!
My cusins went there few years ago, only for a few days tho.. and i fink they only went to Masjid-al-aqsa tho.

But neway jazakhallah for sharin.. alhamdulillah ive learnt so many things today :D

You guys can get back on topic now..sorry :X

w'salam

aadil77
10-18-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

no Prophet is alive apart from Hadhrat Isa (alayhi salam)and we know he coming backk, all these STORIES about Hadhrat Khidr (as) flying round and not dying are all false, same with Hadhrat Idrees & Hadhrat Ilyas (as) they not alive they dead:D

yh I know, my fault i just copied it directly and pasted

chacha_jalebi
10-18-2007, 07:29 PM

yh I know, my fault i just copied it directly and pasted

na dont worry about it :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.