PDA

View Full Version : Western Democracy and justice



islamirama
10-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Eight defendants have been acquitted of manslaughter in the case of a teenager who died after being punched and kicked at a Florida boot camp.

Martin Lee Anderson, 14, died a day after the beating was administered by guards at the camp in January 2006.

A jury took only 90 minutes to decide the seven instructors and one nurse at the Bay County boot camp in north-west Florida were not guilty of his death.

Video tape shows the teenager being hit and dragged about by the guards.

Speaking after the not guilty verdict, the family's lawyer told journalists: "You kill a dog, you go to jail - you kill a little black boy and nothing happens."

Had the all-white jury found the eight defendants guilty, they could have faced up to 30 years in jail.



http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7042858.stm


Black man still oppressed and facing injustice, that's western equality and democracy :hmm:



(p.s. can mod move this to world affairs when it opens)
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Isambard
10-13-2007, 09:49 PM
How is one case representative of a system that is different in every democratic country?

That said, there's something fishy about the article
Reply

glo
10-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I still consider the BBC to be one of the most unbiased news sources around, Islambard.

In what way do you find the article fishy?
This is fishy news! :D
Reply

جوري
10-13-2007, 09:55 PM
It is the individuals that make the whole and run the 'democracy' how the 'majority' rules however isn't always in favor of justice!... this is actually an article that has made it to more than one news station and was on AOL just yesterday brutual disgusting pictures we are so accustomed to seeing people tortured because they 'deserve it' the the whole of humanity is becoming desensitized... I fail to see what is fishy about it? other than the insufferable insolence toward human life!
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
NoName55
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
..... ...

Black man still oppressed and facing injustice, that's western equality and democracy :hmm:
......
no doubt, you will be proving this in your next post by providing statistical data.

It would also be helpful if you could show us that we the black men receive better standard of justice in countries run by black men
Reply

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-13-2007, 10:02 PM
i think the bbc is very biased take the invasion of Iraq in 2003.
Reply

glo
10-13-2007, 10:04 PM
No media is completely neutral - they all have their own bias. But I still trust the BBC more that others.
Reply

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-13-2007, 10:05 PM
i trust Al Jazeera(eng)
Reply

islamirama
10-13-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by NoName55
no doubt, you will be proving this in your next post by providing statistical data.

It would also be helpful if you could show us that we the black men receive better standard of justice in countries run by black men
apparently you don't live in the US to see incidents and things over a period of time that add up or show a pattern of abuse and injustice black man feels let alone any other minority.

You wouldn't know anything about rodney king, about another black man (can't recall the name) who suffered the same fate, of white police shooting blacks at katrina for stealing food to survive and beating a black teacher up for no reason (try searching youtube). There's also a Mexican guy that was illegal and running from cops, news chapter caught it from top. 5 big fat white guys beating the crap out of this guy with sticks for running.

Let's not forget the biggest children/women prison in tx for illegal immigrants or asylum seekers, they are put in jails till their case is heard unlike other countries. There was a big protest on this, i'm sure you can find pictures online for that too.

It's easy to demand statistical data and other such silly things which don't mean a thing when you live in white man society that doesn't care to gather info on such stuff.
Reply

islamirama
10-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by glo
No media is completely neutral - they all have their own bias. But I still trust the BBC more that others.
I trust these :D

http://www.freewebs.com/aajooba/oppression.htm
Reply

NoName55
10-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
apparently you don't live in the US to see incidents and things over a period of time that add up or show a pattern of abuse and injustice black man feels let alone any other minority.

You wouldn't know anything about rodney king, about another black man (can't recall the name) who suffered the same fate, of white police shooting blacks at katrina for stealing food to survive and beating a black teacher up for no reason (try searching youtube). There's also a Mexican guy that was illegal and running from cops, news chapter caught it from top. 5 big fat white guys beating the crap out of this guy with sticks for running.

Let's not forget the biggest children/women prison in tx for illegal immigrants or asylum seekers, they are put in jails till their case is heard unlike other countries. There was a big protest on this, i'm sure you can find pictures online for that too.

It's easy to demand statistical data and other such silly things which don't mean a thing when you live in white man society that doesn't care to gather info on such stuff.
in other words you are full of bile and hatred and enjoy spreading it around.

thanx for a "brill" reply

edit:
private reply for this post from hate teaching troll

10-13-2007 11:36 PM islamirama Don't mistake your ignorance as other's "bile and hatred" view on world
Reply

wilberhum
10-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Do you ever notice some people always leave out critical information to stear the reader to there desired conclusion? :-\
But giving testimony during the trial, two doctors told the court the death was attributable to an undiagnosed blood disorder which the instructors could not have known about.
Well, maybe the doctors where white. :uuh:
Reply

islamirama
10-24-2007, 10:05 PM
We already discussed this in the PM you sent me back then...

Originally Posted by wilberhum
Do you ever notice some people always leave out critical information to stear the reader to there desired conclusion? :-\

Well, maybe the doctors where white. :uuh:
The intent of my post was to show the brutal treatment of the guy by the authorities, regardless of any medical history. And my point still stands, look at all the cases i mentioned. Prejudice is still alive and minority is still getting the short end of the stick, Maybe only whites don't see this...or don't want to.
Reply

wilberhum
10-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
We already discussed this in the PM you sent me back then...

The intent of my post was to show the brutal treatment of the guy by the authorities, regardless of any medical history. And my point still stands, look at all the cases i mentioned. Prejudice is still alive and minority is still getting the short end of the stick, Maybe only whites don't see this...or don't want to.
The PM was not public. The only reason I PM'ed was because I could not post.

To me the intent of your post was to distort by not stating evidence.

But, of course preduice is still alive. It is alive every place in the entire world.
In some places it is racial, in some it is religious, and others have other reasons.

There is in fact many in the US that are raceists.
This is not the case in this instance.
Your lack of balanced in the post is what makes it look racial. :thumbs_do
Reply

NoName55
10-24-2007, 10:40 PM
he sent me a hate message because I dared to ask a question
Reply

wilberhum
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by NoName55
he sent me a hate message because I dared to ask a question
Who he? Me or islamirama? :-\

But doesn't everyone send you "hate messages"? :D
Reply

NoName55
10-24-2007, 10:46 PM
he did thru negative rep like you used to long time ago
Reply

wilberhum
10-24-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by NoName55
he did thru negative rep like you used to long time ago
I kinda gave up giving negative reps.
Now I give positive reps with negative statements.

But then you know that. :D

Mean while back at the ranch and back on topic.

What the guards did to Martin Anderson was too much.
I think they are guilty of abuse but surly not murder.
Mostly I'm on this for the distration presented.
There are reasons it only took 90 minutes to come to a verdict.
It wasn't racial and it wasn't murder.
Do you know one of the gurads charged was black?
Do you know he was there for violating probation?
He was on probation for car theft.
He was at a "Camp" that tries to straighten out juvenile criminals.
He was no sweet little inocent kid.

I don't deney there are racial problems, but there are whose that want to point to race for every thing.

I just don't see race as a cause in this case.
Reply

islamirama
10-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by wilberhum
The PM was not public. The only reason I PM'ed was because I could not post.

To me the intent of your post was to distort by not stating evidence.

But, of course preduice is still alive. It is alive every place in the entire world.
In some places it is racial, in some it is religious, and others have other reasons.

There is in fact many in the US that are raceists.
This is not the case in this instance.
Your lack of balanced in the post is what makes it look racial. :thumbs_do
It is a racial issue as i showed it. It doesn't matter whether the person was ill or not. The question here is of the treatment he got, had he been white i doubt they would have been as generous in treating him like a dog and beating him so barbarically.

Originally Posted by NoName55
he sent me a hate message because I dared to ask a question
One you deserved very well so, which you also were so eager to post on the thread for everyone to see. Before you call other trolls, check your own self kido.
Reply

جوري
10-25-2007, 05:17 PM


Take a deep breath in every body..keep holding it.. holding it.. hold it still... Now.. let it out slowely.......

Take another deep breath.. come on now, yes you too I mean you.. use your abdominal muscles now.. keep holding it.. a little longer.. some more now..... ok let it out..

one more time.. yes that is it.. you know you needed that.. keep holding it... a little longer.. and release... look to the ceiling.. shake your fingers a little.. walk to the window and look t the sky.. smile.. and RELAX PLEASE EVERYONE!


:w:
Reply

wilberhum
10-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
It is a racial issue as i showed it. It doesn't matter whether the person was ill or not. The question here is of the treatment he got, had he been white i doubt they would have been as generous in treating him like a dog and beating him so barbarically.
Again you showed nothing. The fact is the guards were innocent and the doctors proved that.
You just want to assume because the jury was all white they were all bigots. Da.

Obviously you have no idea how those boot camps work.
They treat all of them like dogs.

It is the one last hope of turning delinquents around b4 thy turn into criminals.

You really need to read up on things and stop all your silly assumptions.

It is obvious to all why you left the doctors’ testimony out.
Reply

islamirama
10-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by wilberhum
Again you showed nothing. The fact is the guards were innocent and the doctors proved that.
You just want to assume because the jury was all white they were all bigots. Da.

Obviously you have no idea how those boot camps work.
They treat all of them like dogs.

It is the one last hope of turning delinquents around b4 thy turn into criminals.

You really need to read up on things and stop all your silly assumptions.

It is obvious to all why you left the doctors’ testimony out.
Dude i wasn't born yesterday nor were you. Take a look around you, prejudice is all over the place in US. Just look at the last 5yrs and you'll see many blacks getting short end of the stick by white's law. Look at katrina, people were taking food from stores to SURVIVE and the white cops started shooting at them, I didn't see any black guy shooting, did you?
Reply

wilberhum
10-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
Dude i wasn't born yesterday nor were you. Take a look around you, prejudice is all over the place in US. Just look at the last 5yrs and you'll see many blacks getting short end of the stick by white's law. Look at katrina, people were taking food from stores to SURVIVE and the white cops started shooting at them, I didn't see any black guy shooting, did you?
You didn't understand it the first time, so let me try again.
There is prejudice all over. I said it before, I'm saying it now, and I am willing to say it again.

I have seen prejudice. I have been affected by prejudice.
I remember when a black man was linched for trying to vote.

It is better now but we have a H*** of a long way to go.

So onec again, please read.
There is prejudice all over.
But not everything is race based and this is an example of it.

Do you assume all whites are racists?
Reply

islamirama
10-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by wilberhum
You didn't understand it the first time, so let me try again.
There is prejudice all over. I said it before, I'm saying it now, and I am willing to say it again.

I have seen prejudice. I have been affected by prejudice.
I remember when a black man was linched for trying to vote.

It is better now but we have a H*** of a long way to go.

So onec again, please read.
There is prejudice all over.
But not everything is race based and this is an example of it.

Do you assume all whites are racists?
No, not everything is race based. However, i think this case did have have that in it. You had white guys who probably thinking "nig*a" this n that while beating him so barbarically to all white jury who though "that black guy probably deserved it". i assure you, had it not been all white jury, the verdict would have been different.

And yes, you can be tough on delinquents but there's difference between tough rules and senselessly beating someone like that.
Reply

aamirsaab
10-25-2007, 05:47 PM
:sl:
I'm about to do something very ironic.

Lock the thread

MUAHAHAHA!

Only to delete a few posts though.

Edit: Opened. Please stay on topic and don't insult other members, or the thread will be locked und trashed. Yes, I said und!
Reply

wilberhum
10-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by islamirama
No, not everything is race based. However, i think this case did have have that in it. You had white guys who probably thinking "nig*a" this n that while beating him so barbarically to all white jury who though "that black guy probably deserved it". i assure you, had it not been all white jury, the verdict would have been different.

And yes, you can be tough on delinquents but there's difference between tough rules and senselessly beating someone like that.
had it not been all white jury, the verdict would have been different.
That can mean only one of 3 things.
1) Blacks would have been willing to convict inocent people or
2) Whites let guilty people go or lastly
3) There is a bigot and it isn't the jury.

My vote is 3) and I find you guilty as charged. :uuh:
Reply

NoName55
10-30-2007, 11:52 PM
amazing how trolls can and are allowed to revive any old thread at will be it 5 day or 2 years old! (supposed to be locked after 3 days of inactivity)
Reply

Amadeus85
10-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Black population in USA has its own problems which lead so many of Afro Americans to prisons. Majority of marriages in this community breakes up. Kids are raised without father. So, when they have family, they also leave it as their fathers did. And so on and on. Although that Afro Americans make up just 12 % of american population , they commit most of murders and rapes. The mirror that reflects problems of black community is hip hop music. You can see there disrespect of women, free sex, hate for establishment and gangsta wanna be attitude. Afro Americans didnt manage to problems that were started by the social revoultion of 60's, i mean for example free sex, rejecting conservative values etc. And of course there are political parties in USA who dont want blacks to improve and be good citizens.Why? Because angry, poor and uneducated blacks will always vote for those who give them simple answers about who is responsible for their state. Not they of course, responsible is racist american society, so vote for those who really care about yuo, vote for us.
Reply

NoName55
10-31-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by Aaron85
Black population in USA has its own problems which lead so many of Afro Americans to prisons. Majority of marriages in this community breakes up. Kids are raised without father. So, when they have family, they also leave it as their fathers did. And so on and on. Although that Afro Americans make up just 12 % of american population , they commit most of murders and rapes. The mirror that reflects problems of black community is hip hop music. You can see there disrespect of women, free sex, hate for establishment and gangsta wanna be attitude. Afro Americans didnt manage to problems that were started by the social revoultion of 60's, i mean for example free sex, rejecting conservative values etc. And of course there are political parties in USA who dont want blacks to improve and be good citizens.Why? Because angry, poor and uneducated blacks will always vote for those who give them simple answers about who is responsible for their state. Not they of course, responsible is racist american society, so vote for those who really care about yuo, vote for us.
yeah ok... and whites are all nuns, monks, altar boys and girl scouts
Reply

Amadeus85
10-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by NoName55
yeah ok... and whites are all nuns, monks, altar boys and girl scouts
I never said anything like that. They have own problems and they make own mistakes and failures. But whatever they do, i dont accuse others of their mistakes. Thats why i expect also from Afro Americans to take responsibility of their actions, stop complaining and do something to change and improve. The same i also can say to asian community in USA and to latinos.
Reply

NoName55
10-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Aaron85
I never said anything like that. They have own problems and they make own mistakes and failures. But whatever they do, i dont accuse others of their mistakes. Thats why i expect also from Afro Americans to take responsibility of their actions, stop complaining and do something to change and improve. The same i also can say to asian community in USA and to latinos.
so why do your posts look as if they have been copied from a certain Nazi site on web?

read this again >> http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tml#post851580
Reply

Keltoi
10-31-2007, 11:37 AM
It might not be politically correct, but Aaron is correct in my estimation about the root of the problem in the black community(in the USA). On an issue like this it is hard to get away from generalities. Bill Cosby said something quite similar and was criticized for it as well. In essence, while the racist history of the U.S. is a significant element in the present state of the black community, it is hardly the cause of it.
Reply

Muezzin
10-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Of course, the fact that any significantly poor community will likely turn to crime is not an issue.

Of course, neither is the fact that not all black people who make up that minority are criminals.

Of course, I have no point, because offending entire groups of people is now the in thing and people like me are just namby pamby politically correct wimps.

Of course.
Reply

wilberhum
10-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Every one has made valid points, [removed personal bashing of another member]:D

Any time you have a minority who have had there culture destroyed and are kept in a second class status will be on the lower economic scale. The lower the economic scale and the less chance of overcoming it will increase crime.

It is much more an economic issue than a race issue.
Reply

Keltoi
11-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
Of course, the fact that any significantly poor community will likely turn to crime is not an issue.

Of course, neither is the fact that not all black people who make up that minority are criminals.

Of course, I have no point, because offending entire groups of people is now the in thing and people like me are just namby pamby politically correct wimps.

Of course.
Significantly poor? You do realize that the majority of "poor" people in the U.S. have multiple televisions, video game machines, and DVD players? The crime that exists in the black community isn't about feeding their children or paying the rent. It is a symptom of culture.

As I stated earlier, one must deal with generalities on a topic like this. It doesn't mean I hate black people or think all black people are criminals. Any more than you meant all black people are poor by generalizing about poverty.

If you want to see real poverty in the U.S., go to an Indian reservation in South Dakota.
Reply

Muezzin
11-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Keltoi
Significantly poor? You do realize that the majority of "poor" people in the U.S. have multiple televisions, video game machines, and DVD players?
'Rich' and 'Poor' are relative terms. And credit is a wonderful thing. :p

The crime that exists in the black community isn't about feeding their children or paying the rent. It is a symptom of culture.
Such cultures (or sub-cultures) are heavily influenced by economic factors, no?

As I stated earlier, one must deal with generalities on a topic like this. It doesn't mean I hate black people or think all black people are criminals. Any more than you meant all black people are poor by generalizing about poverty.
Fair point. I was being tongue-in-cheek throughout the post anyway, but I did mean what I said. This is a fair point. My bad.

If you want to see real poverty in the U.S., go to an Indian reservation in South Dakota.
Another fair point. I just think it's unfair to say (or imply) that crime rates in black communities are solely to do with black 'culture'. Here in the UK, we have what we call 'chavs'. Gangster-rapper wannabes who wear jewellery, sports clothes, ugly mustaches and ASBO's (Anti-Social Behaviour Orders) like status symbols. And they tend to be white. But it would be grossly unfair to say that is all a product of 'white culture'.

If I've misunderstood what you're saying, I apologise. If you mean sort of... 'gangsta' culture, then yeah, I tend to agree, since that type of thing is more social than racial.
Reply

Keltoi
11-01-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by Muezzin
'Rich' and 'Poor' are relative terms. And credit is a wonderful thing. :p


Such cultures (or sub-cultures) are heavily influenced by economic factors, no?


Fair point. I was being tongue-in-cheek throughout the post anyway, but I did mean what I said. This is a fair point. My bad.


Another fair point. I just think it's unfair to say (or imply) that crime rates in black communities are solely to do with black 'culture'. Here in the UK, we have what we call 'chavs'. Gangster-rapper wannabes who wear jewellery, sports clothes, ugly mustaches and ASBO's (Anti-Social Behaviour Orders) like status symbols. And they tend to be white. But it would be grossly unfair to say that is all a product of 'white culture'.

If I've misunderstood what you're saying, I apologise. If you mean sort of... 'gangsta' culture, then yeah, I tend to agree, since that type of thing is more social than racial.
By culture I mean the state of the black family for the most part. Family units are very important in providing stability. Of course not all intact families benefit the child, but again, generalities. The anti-social behavior is a factor because it discourages education and self-improvement. I understand your point about white "gangsta" wanna be hoodlums, but that in itself is part of the "gangsta" cultural spill over that is taking place.

So what we are really talking about is a cultural problem that isn't isolated within the black community. White suburban kids now wish to immulate that image. It is bad for everyone, white, black, brown, or red. It is just sad that it doesn't seem anyone can talk about this issue seriously without having to defend against the "racist" stigma...not that you were calling anyone a racist.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 05:35 AM
  3. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-28-2006, 10:42 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-22-2005, 03:11 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-22-2005, 08:29 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!