/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do u think! We need our Pics

shible
10-14-2007, 10:58 AM
:sl:

I was jus getting a wicked thought whether should we post our pics on a thread.

So we could know the identity of our fellow LI members.

how about Posting our Brothers pics on a seperate thread on Brother's section and same kind for sisters too.

But before getting started into any conclusion (Yes or No whatever)

What is your personel oponion about my thought ?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
10-14-2007, 11:05 AM

Posting pis on a forum is a bad idea! firstly its haram for a man to look at a womans pic and vice versa and there are many safety reasons too..bro Woodrow posted a very good article in the Bro's section (if you want i'll PM you the link)

shible
10-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Sure Bor ,

Please do forward it

then how about this Posting our Brothers pics on a seperate thread on Brother's section and same kind for sisters too

Ummu Sufyaan
10-14-2007, 11:12 AM
no way. too much fitnah i reckon.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

As mentioned above, it would actually be a cause of temptation and fitnah between brothers and sisters, and in Islam we are commanded to lower our gaze, so this would be going against that requirement.

In the private sections of the forum, we also do not allow posting pictures as we cannot guarantee beyond doubt that someone who should not be in there might have access. In the best interests of all members, we have decided the safest thing is not to post them at all.

PSmuslim
10-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Wa alaikummussalam,

Whooops, I chose "Yes" but I guess I didn't understand the question right :-[ . I understood that pics mean any picture from any random thing that appears when you post a thread (like it can be a mosque or an animal or something like that... but not the picture of the author self!). I guess I should study English before answering to the polls....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.