/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who is Jesus- prophet or more?

Hikmah
10-14-2007, 04:06 PM
I read this intresting article on who is Jesus? hope to discuss and think more on it.source :http://www.sakshi times.com/index.ph...=139&Itemid=42 - to see the article type this link in google and follow the link.

One day Jesus asked his disciples a pointed question, "Who do people say I am?" (Mark 8:27). The question of who Jesus is intensely discussed and debated till today by muslims worldwide. Was Jesus only a prophet among the other prophets as muslims claim? What does the Quran reveal about Jesus? Lets first turn to the pages of Quran to discover what Allah revealed about Isa al masih or Jesus the messiah as claimed by Mohammed and make out weather Jesus sounds only a prophet or more than a prophet. I will be using some Arabic titles ascribed to Jesus in the Quran and furnish its meaning supporting it with the scriptures. I invite my Muslim friends to check every references provided in this article from both the Quran and the Holy Bible and seek God’s guidance to grant a deeper revelations. (Following is taken from my book “The Unveiling of Isa al Masih” from the Noble Quran and the Holy Bible) As per The Noble Quran, Jesus Christ is:

Kalimatuhu : God's Word (Ali Imran 3:45 )
Ruhunminhu:Spirit proceeding from Him (Al Nesa 4:171 )
Al-Masih :The Messiah (Al -Nesa 4.157, 171 )
Rahma :Mercy from God to mankind (Maryam 19:21)
Zakiyyan : Gift of a holy or sinless son (Maryam 19:19)
Salam :Peace on him (Maryam 19:33 )
Mina al-Saliheen : Upright or righteous shall he be
Nabiyy : Prophet (Al-Ankaboot 29:30 )
Rasul : Envoy, messenger (Al - Nesa 4:157, Al-Ma’-edah 5:75 )
Ibn Maryam : son of Mary , Jesus son of Mary (Ali-Imran 3:45)
Min al-muqareeab : Those who are close to God ( Ali Imran 3:45 )
Wadjih: worthy of esteem in this world and the next (Ali Imran 3:45)
Mubarak : Blessed ,a source of benefit for others ( Maryam 19:31. )
Qawl al-haqq : Sure word ( Maryam 19:34.)
Abd Allah : Servant of God (Maryam 19.30)
Aya : A sign unto mankind (Maryam 19:21 ;3:50 ;43:61)
Shahid : A witness on Judgement day ( Al-Nesa 4:159)
Mathal : A Parable or example (Al-Zukhruf 43:57)
IIm : Knowledge of the hour (Al-Zukhruf 43:61)
Hikmah : Bearer of wisdom ( Al-Zukhruf 43:63)
No other prophets (among the One lakh twenty six thousand) in all the Quran is described so profoundly as Jesus Christ. All the other prophets including Mohammed may have one or the few titles mentioned above but only Jesus Christ is bestowed with All the superlative titles and claims. Not only that, the Quran tells of Jesus Christ performing the supernatural miracles which only God could do and he is the only one who is going to return back for the day of Judgment. As per Quran, only Jesus was born in a strange and mysterious way (virgin birth), where God intervened in the natural and biological process already set in motion to bring forth Jesus Christ into this world. Further, we notice there are two glorious titles or nature of Jesus that must be highlighted as mentioned in the Quran, which has also puzzled many scholars of Islam. This is because only Jesus is assigned with such a nature : Jesus is called as Kalimatuhu or The word of God (Ali Imran 3:45 ) and Ruhuminhu or The spirit of Allah (Al Nesa 4:171 ) Though the Quran describes Jesus as a prophet, it seems to move further, to describe him in such a way , as to picturise him more than a prophet. Therefore it must not surprise my muslim friends to raise objections if the bible has already called him (before Quran) more than a prophet to be the Son of God. The puzling questions to many could be: “ How can Jesus be portrayed both as a prophet and more than a prophet?” The Holy Bible rescues us from the logical fallout from this two edged question. As per the Bible, God in his soverignity plans to step into this world by adding upon himself the human likeness with a mission to provide salvation for all mankind. Now, if God comes into this world in human form, then, it is reasonable to think and believe that he would posses both the nature in one person viz; the Divine and Human. This theological term is called as “hypostatic union”: The union of both the human and divine nature in one person. That is why we find, Jesus in his human nature displays or expresses human attributes like praying, sleeping, weeping ,eating etc while in his divine nature he claims and demonstrates divine attributes like forgiving sins , accepting worship, claims of granting eternal life in heaven and paradise , raising people from dead , calls himself as Son of God, claims to be first and last, beginning and the end, messiah ,savior of world etc . Lets list some of the claims made by Jesus about himself as recorded by his disciples. Jesus claimed himself to be
God (John 14:9 ; 10:31-33 ; 5:18)
Alpha and Omega (Revelation 1:8)
Before Abraham I AM ( John 8:58)
Giver of eternal life (John 10:28)
Giver of the holy spirit of God ( John 20:22 ; 14:15)
Giver of peace ( John 14:27)
Knower of all things ( John 21:17)
Omnipresent ( Matthew 28:20)
Before all things ( John 17 : 5, 24)
Forgiver of sins (Mark 2:3-12 ; Luke 7:48 ,49 )
Sacrifice for sins (Matthew 26:28 ; Mark 10:45)
Came down from heaven ( John 3:13)
Resurrection and life (John 11:25)
Way ,truth and Life (John 14:6)
Dead and Alive forever (Revelation 1:17-18)
One and Only Son of God (John 3:16)
First and Last ( Revelation 1:17)
Beginning and the End (Revelation 22:13)
Light of the world (John 8:12)
Savior of the world (John 4:42)
Good shepherd (John 10:11)
Authority of heaven and earth (Matthew 28: 18,20)
Son of Man of Daniel 7:12-13 (Matthew 26:64 & Mark 14:62.)

A prophet cannot claim such divine titles as mentioned above unless he is really what he claims to be or else he could be declared as insane or a deceiver. Let me close with Jesus pointed and personal question, which could be posed to us even today: "But what about you?" Jesus asked. "Who do you say I am?" (Mark 8:29). Make your decision now.

----------------------end of article-----------------------:shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
10-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Hey. :)

Let's start off with what Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) said as stated in the Qur'an;

"He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allah, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet;"

[Qur'an 19: 30]

There is no explicit verse like that in the Bible whatsoever when the christians claim that Jesus is supposedly God. Whereas it is crystal clear in the Qur'an that Jesus son of Mary is saying that he is God's slave and prophet.

The article focuses alot on the titles given to Prophet Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him), from the Qur'an. What the author doesn't realise is that many Prophets are given many names, i.e. Prophet Abraham is known as the Khaleel [close friend] of Allah/God, Prophet Moses is given a title of the one who spoke to Allah directly, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) is given many titles, some even say that he has 99 names or more i.e. Khaleel [close friend] of Allah, AbdAllah [slave of Allah], RasulAllah [Messenger of Allah], Basheer [giver of glad-tidings], Nazeer [the warner] etc.

The article posted above however focuses on two main names which the person wants to take out of context, and alot of christian missionaries have purposelly - throughout history - used them to make people stray from the clear understanding which is given in the Qur'an itself, and the arabic language - in which the Qur'an is revealed in.

They are:

Kalimatuhu : God's Word (Ali Imran 3:45 )

Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;

[Qur'an Yusuf Ali translation 3:45]

What was that word? We know the Qur'an explains itself, so let's take a look at what Allah says in another part of the Qur'an:

Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.

[Qur'an 3: 59]

So Allah is giving us a similitude, He is telling us that Jesus son of Mary was a word from Him by simply saying "Be!" - Mary got impregnated without the influence of a male impregnating her. Which shows the power of Allah/God, that He is able to do all things, and it clears Mary (peace be upon her) of the evil charges she was accused of.

This is proven through other verses from Qur'an;

Verily, when He [Allah] intends a thing, His Command is, "be", and it is!

So glory to Him in Whose hands is the dominion of all things: and to Him will ye be all brought back.

[Qur'an 36: 82-3]

And when Mary was given glad tidings of a son, so was Prophet Zakariyya, and guess what, he was given glad tidings of a son even though he was of old age when his wife was barren (unable to have children!)

At that time Zakariya (Zachariya) invoked his Lord, saying: "O my Lord! Grant me from You, a good offspring. You are indeed the All-Hearer of invocation."

Then the angels called him, while he was standing in prayer in Al-Mihrab (a praying place or a private room), (saying): "Allah gives you glad tidings of Yahya (John), confirming (believing in) the Word from Allah [i.e. the creation of 'Iesa (Jesus) , the Word from Allah ("Be!" - and he was!)], noble, keeping away from sexual relations with women, a Prophet, from among the righteous."

He said: "O my Lord! How can I have a son when I am very old, and my wife is barren?" Allah said: "Thus Allah does what He wills."

[Qur'an 3: 39-40]

So if the christians claim that Jesus son of Mary was God simply because he was a word of "Be!" from God, then know that a miracle of Allah/God also took place for the birth of Prophet Yahya [John the Baptist.] And you as a christian know that Prophet John is not God, similarly Jesus son of Mary is not. They are both the slaves of God, who He has created. And know that it is only God, the One who created you, Jesus son of Mary, his mother, and us all Who is alone worthy of all worship.

The second controversial one christians try to take out of context is the:

Ruhuminhu or The spirit of Allah (Al Nesa 4:171 ) - The more accurate translation for this is Ruh [spirit] min [from] hu [Him]

What they don't realise is that anything which is special or favoured by Allah/God is known as Allah's. Let me explain this abit better, the Sacred Masjid [mosque] in Makkah is known as Baitullah [the house of Allah/God], yet this does not mean that Allah lives in that house. No. What it does mean is that this place is special, it is favored by Allah and therefore is known as the house of Allah i.e. it belongs to Allah - it is His.

This is exactly the same with the creation of Allah, i.e. the Messengers of Allah are Allah's creation and property, and they are sent from/by Allah. This does not mean that they are part of Allah. Similar can be said about the angels. And similarly, the spirits [Ruh] which He sends. Since Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) is highly ranked and favored by Allah, He honors him by stating that Jesus son of Mary is His property, His spirit (which He [Allah] owns.) And this is a part of the arabic language.

You can read more about this issue and linguistics here insha Allah [God willing];
http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets...a-created.html

Other names like Maseeh [Messiah] (translated as Christ in Greek) are words which alot of people don't truly understand, Maseeh (arabic) [Messiah] comes from the root word 'to wipe' - And we know that when Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) would wipe someone ill, they would get better - BY THE WILL OF ALLAH as has been told in the Qur'an over and over again [when his miracles are mentioned.] Similarly, we do not say that any other Prophet is God if he has done any miracles, since it is basic belief that nothing happens except by Allah's leave/will. So to say that Jesus son of Mary is God simply because he did miracles isn't sufficient as a proof that this person is God. Rather, it can show that this person is either loved by Allah and therefore Allah has given him/her miracles by His leave, or that he/she is an evildoer and doing magic. In the case of the Prophets of God, we believe without a doubt that Allah is pleased with them and this is why He has bestowed upon them miracles and signs, to strengthen those who believe in faith.

And Allah knows best.

Peace.

جوري
10-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Is there a point to taking excerpts from the Quran out of context to loan them a biblical type meaning? --- Everyone knows the Islamic/Quranic view on Jesus (p) that isn't suddenly going to change by dropping random words from the Quran and giving them the desired meaning...

If anything the above should solidify that Muslims don't favor a messenger over another-- that we respect and love all of them equally

:w:

Isambard
10-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Apocalyptic prophet.

And no, this is not a good thing. If you look closely at the synoptic gospels + Paul's letters, you'll see the thinking was the world was going to end, literally, shortly after Jesus died.

As time passed and the world didnt end, the benchmark and estimated time for the end of days was set further and further off. (See John/Titus etc).

Seeing as all the earliest sources agreed, its safe to assume its really what Jesus taught (Q) and makes more sense with other things that appear in Q material ie. Love thy neighbour, turn other cheek, leave all as it is (Paul) etc.
The idea behind it all is that since the world is going to end reallly soon (between next week-in the decade), then dont take any risk and be very submissive. Cant go to hell if youve done nothing!.

As the world didnt end 2000yrs ago, I think its safe to assume Historical Jesus was as credible as a prophet/messiah as ll the other messiahs/sons of God/prophets and even competiting Jesus' of the timeperiod ;)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hikmah
10-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I see a very good attempt to answer the article. what surprises me is why in the Quran only Jesus holds so many superlative titles, surprising miracles,strange virgin birth, ascended above without death (others either died naturally or were killed but here allah took him up) and again he is coming back. In other prophets we see few glimpses of somethings but why in the world all strange things are packaged in the one person of Jesus?. Honestly if you compare with all the other prophets, Jesus looks so unique. I dont mind if adam who was the first man created without a father and mother, or zakariayah family givng birth in old age,but what surprises me is when the biological process was already set in motion for many centuries of producing children through natural process, what made God to bring something like Jesus in this manner of virgin birth? here the quran says in sura 66:12: Also Mary, the Amramite. She maintained her chastity, then we blew into her from our spirit. he could have used someonelse (say muhammed) to show his power but why everything is packaged in this one person of Jesus?

جوري
10-14-2007, 09:01 PM
You can't use from the Quran to make a case for christianity..don't you find that silly at best for obvious reasons? You can't make a case for [CABG (coronary artery bypass graft), well after a Stent Implantation] You have to accept one or the other and see who is evidenced to be superior through cogitations.. once you've accepted one over the other, there is no going back!
Also read the Quran as a whole..you might be surprised ..

آمَنَ الرَّسُولُ بِمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْهِ مِن رَّبِّهِ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ كُلٌّ آمَنَ بِاللّهِ وَمَلآئِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ لاَ نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّن رُّسُلِهِ وَقَالُواْ سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا غُفْرَانَكَ رَبَّنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ {285}
[Pickthal 2:285] The messenger believeth in that which hath been revealed unto him from his Lord and (so do) believers. Each one believeth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers - We make no distinction between any of His messengers - and they say: We hear, and we obey. (Grant us) Thy forgiveness, our Lord. Unto Thee is the journeying.

peace!

- Qatada -
10-14-2007, 09:01 PM
There's no explicit verse in the Bible where Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) say's he's God.
Nowhere in the Bible does Jesus son of Mary say 'worship me.'

ALL the Messengers' and Prophets of God have always called to the worship of the One above the heavens i.e. our Creator and Sustainer. If anyone disagrees with this, then they're just falling into the traps of the polytheists by claiming that God has incarnated within the creation, so the creation should 'also be worshipped' along with God. We know that claim is false. God is One, and He is Alone worthy of worship.

Jesus was in his mothers womb, he was born, fed off his mother, grew up, ate his daily food, went to the 'bathroom' etc. Which is typical, since every human does this. Including the honorable Messengers of God, since every Messenger is human, but the Messengers of God are the best among His creation.

The concept of Jesus being tempted by satan (if it were to be true) is a good example for us, since Allaah tests His Messengers' and makes them role models for humanity. In the bible it's said that Jesus was tempted by satan, is it possible that satan could decieve God? Rather, Jesus (peace be upon him) really is an honorable example to mankind. Yet if one was to claim that satan tried to 'tempt' God - this is totally illogical.

We as Muslims believe that Jesus never died, rather he was raised upto God and will come near the end times (since he is the Messiah/Christ) and he will fight the Anti Christ. The true battle between good/bad, truth/falsehood etc will take place when he returns. He will live, get married, he will die. So if one was to say that Jesus was 'god', and that he 'died' - this then seems illogical, since God does NOT die.

The Muslims actually imitate Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) more than many other people do even today! We know Muslim men usually grow the beards, since that is an example of the Prophets/Messengers of Allaah. I can assure you that there are much more Muslims who imitate Jesus in growing the beard, in imitating him in many ways compared to others among humanity.

From Abu Hurayra, may Allah be pleased with him:

The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said:

'The Prophets are like brothers; they have different mothers but their life transaction is one. I am the closest of all the people to Jesus son of Mary, because there is no other Prophet between him and myself. He will come again, and when you see him, you will recognize him. He is of medium height and his colouring is reddish-white. He will be wearing two garments, and his hair will look wet. He will break the cross, kill the pigs, abolish the jizya and call the people to Islam. During his time, Allah will end every religion and sect other than Islam, and will destroy the Dajjal. Then peace and security will prevail on earth, so that lions will graze with camels, tigers with cattle, and wolves with sheep; children will be able to play with snakes without coming to any harm. Jesus will remain for forty years, then die, and the Muslims will pray for him.' (It was related by Ahmad ibn Hanbal).

Why will Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) come near the end times [near the Day of Judgement] and not Muhammad (peace be upon him)? The answer is simple. Muhammad (peace be upon him) has done his duty in conveying and perfecting the message to the people, and therefore there is no purpose for him to come near the final hour, since God/Allah had ordained that His final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) wouldn't be the one killing Al-Dajjaal [the great liar] aka the anti Christ. Rather, the one who God ordained to come and slay the anti-christ was Jesus son of Mary - the Christ/Messiah.

If God has chosen some Messengers to have one role, and others to have another - that is for Him to decide. However, God does not die, so those who claim that Jesus is god are lying, they are speaking falsehood, because if god dies, who is controlling the whole universe. If someone claims that it is 'the father' who was alive while 'the son' died - they are being pure polytheists [which all the Prophets, including Jesus son of Mary called against and is going against the first main commandment - Worship no god but me.]

And Allah says in the Qur'an (translation of the meaning);

Say, “I have been commanded to worship God, devoting the religion absolutely to Him alone.”
Quran 39:1

We will pray for you, may God/Allah guide me, you and us all to what is loved by Him. ameen. :)

Peace!

Hikmah
10-15-2007, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
[Pickthal 2:285] The messenger believeth in that which hath been revealed unto him from his Lord and (so do) believers. Each one believeth in Allah and His angels and His scriptures and His messengers - We make no distinction between any of His messengers - and they say: We hear, and we obey. (Grant us) Thy forgiveness, our Lord. Unto Thee is the journeying.
peace!
Thank you purestambrosa.I appreciate your eagerness to respond.I have not yet made a case but raising the logical question that any human being can ask- if there is no distinction then why only Jesus is seen as distinct from the birth, miracles, life, to his second coming among all the prophets? Since muhammed "supercedes" all prophets as per Quran, it could have been better that he posseses these qualities to know he is last? Dont you think so? secondly, since Jesus posseses every of these supernatural qualities (which others prophets does not in full measure), dosen't he look like more than a prophet? The author of the article above suprisingly thinks through these questions which any other human on earth will ask. Tons of extraordinary things is written about Jesus in the bible and the quran which raises the eyebrows of any human being.

Be blessed my freind.

Hikmah
10-15-2007, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
[/INDENT]Why will Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) come near the end times [near the Day of Judgement] and not Muhammad (peace be upon him)? The answer is simple. Muhammad (peace be upon him) has done his duty in conveying and perfecting the message to the people, and therefore there is no purpose for him to come near the final hour, since God/Allah had ordained that His final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) wouldn't be the one killing Al-Dajjaal [the great liar] aka the anti Christ. Rather, the one who God ordained to come and slay the anti-christ was Jesus son of Mary - the Christ/Messiah.
Peace!
Thanks Qatada, peace be on you too. If Muhammed has finally done his duty in conveying and perfecting the message to the people, then, why must Jesus come again? dosent that impliy that there is still something remaining?Dosent it look like that Jesus is the last and final 'being' because he finishes the unfinished task by coming LAST again after muhammed? That too why only Jesus? why not Muhammed (since he is said to be the last) or elijah or any other prophets?

جوري
10-15-2007, 05:04 AM
He doesn't look any more than a prophet NO.. I suppose because I have read the Quran in its entirety.. and I know that every prophet was given gifts

check these verses out also in the Quran

1 البقرة 2 253 تِلْكَ الرُّسُلُ فَضَّلْنَا بَعْضَهُمْ عَلَى بَعْضٍ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ كَلَّمَ اللَّهُ وَرَفَعَ بَعْضَهُمْ دَرَجَاتٍ وَآتَيْنَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ الْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَيَّدْنَاهُ بِرُوحِ الْقُدُسِ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ بَعْدِهِمْ مِنْ بَعْدِ مَا جَاءَتْهُمُ الْبَيِّنَاتُ وَلَكِنِ اخْتَلَفُوا فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ آمَنَ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ كَفَرَ وَلَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا اقْتَتَلُوا وَلَكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ
2 آل عمران 3 144 وَمَا مُحَمَّدٌ إِلا رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِنْ قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ أَفَإِنْ مَاتَ أَوْ قُتِلَ انْقَلَبْتُمْ عَلَى أَعْقَابِكُمْ وَمَنْ يَنْقَلِبْ عَلَى عَقِبَيْهِ فَلَنْ يَضُرَّ اللَّهَ شَيْئًا وَسَيَجْزِي اللَّهُ الشَّاكِرِينَ
3 النساء 4 165 رُسُلا مُبَشِّرِينَ وَمُنْذِرِينَ لِئَلا يَكُونَ لِلنَّاسِ عَلَى اللَّهِ حُجَّةٌ بَعْدَ الرُّسُلِ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا
4 المائدة 5 19 يَا أَهْلَ الْكِتَابِ قَدْ جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولُنَا يُبَيِّنُ لَكُمْ عَلَى فَتْرَةٍ مِنَ الرُّسُلِ أَنْ تَقُولُوا مَا جَاءَنَا مِنْ بَشِيرٍ وَلا نَذِيرٍ فَقَدْ جَاءَكُمْ بَشِيرٌ وَنَذِيرٌ وَاللَّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
5 المائدة 5 75 مَا الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ إِلا رَسُولٌ قَدْ خَلَتْ مِنْ قَبْلِهِ الرُّسُلُ وَأُمُّهُ صِدِّيقَةٌ كَانَا يَأْكُلانِ الطَّعَامَ انْظُرْ كَيْفَ نُبَيِّنُ لَهُمُ الآيَاتِ ثُمَّ انْظُرْ أَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ
6 المائدة 5 109 يَوْمَ يَجْمَعُ اللَّهُ الرُّسُلَ فَيَقُولُ مَاذَا أُجِبْتُمْ قَالُوا لا عِلْمَ لَنَا إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ عَلامُ الْغُيُوبِ
7 هود 11 120 وَكُلا نَقُصُّ عَلَيْكَ مِنْ أَنْبَاءِ الرُّسُلِ مَا نُثَبِّتُ بِهِ فُؤَادَكَ وَجَاءَكَ فِي هَذِهِ الْحَقُّ وَمَوْعِظَةٌ وَذِكْرَى لِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ
8 يوسف 12 110 حَتَّى إِذَا اسْتَيْئَسَ الرُّسُلُ وَظَنُّوا أَنَّهُمْ قَدْ كُذِبُوا جَاءَهُمْ نَصْرُنَا فَنُجِّيَ مَنْ نَشَاءُ وَلا يُرَدُّ بَأْسُنَا عَنِ الْقَوْمِ الْمُجْرِمِينَ
9 إبراهيم 14 44 وَأَنْذِرِ النَّاسَ يَوْمَ يَأْتِيهِمُ الْعَذَابُ فَيَقُولُ الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُوا رَبَّنَا أَخِّرْنَا إِلَى أَجَلٍ قَرِيبٍ نُجِبْ دَعْوَتَكَ وَنَتَّبِعِ الرُّسُلَ أَوَلَمْ تَكُونُوا أَقْسَمْتُمْ مِنْ قَبْلُ مَا لَكُمْ مِنْ زَوَالٍ
10 النحل 16 35 وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُوا لَوْ شَاءَ اللَّهُ مَا عَبَدْنَا مِنْ دُونِهِ مِنْ شَيْءٍ نَحْنُ وَلا آبَاؤُنَا وَلا حَرَّمْنَا مِنْ دُونِهِ مِنْ شَيْءٍ كَذَلِكَ فَعَلَ الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِهِمْ فَهَلْ عَلَى الرُّسُلِ إِلا الْبَلاغُ الْمُبِينُ
11 المؤمنون 23 51 يَا أَيُّهَا الرُّسُلُ كُلُوا مِنَ الطَّيِّبَاتِ وَاعْمَلُوا صَالِحًا إِنِّي بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ عَلِيمٌ
12 الفرقان 25 37 وَقَوْمَ نُوحٍ لَمَّا كَذَّبُوا الرُّسُلَ أَغْرَقْنَاهُمْ وَجَعَلْنَاهُمْ لِلنَّاسِ آيَةً وَأَعْتَدْنَا لِلظَّالِمِينَ عَذَابًا أَلِيمًا
13 ص 38 14 إِنْ كُلٌّ إِلا كَذَّبَ الرُّسُلَ فَحَقَّ عِقَابِ
14 فصلت 41 14 إِذْ جَاءَتْهُمُ الرُّسُلُ مِنْ بَيْنِ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِمْ أَلا تَعْبُدُوا إِلا اللَّهَ قَالُوا لَوْ شَاءَ رَبُّنَا لأَنْـزَلَ مَلائِكَةً فَإِنَّا بِمَا أُرْسِلْتُمْ بِهِ كَافِرُونَ
15 الأحقاف 46 9 قُلْ مَا كُنْتُ بِدْعًا مِنَ الرُّسُلِ وَمَا أَدْرِي مَا يُفْعَلُ بِي وَلا بِكُمْ إِنْ أَتَّبِعُ إِلا مَا يُوحَى إِلَيَّ وَمَا أَنَا إِلا نَذِيرٌ مُبِينٌ
16 الأحقاف 46 35 فَاصْبِرْ كَمَا صَبَرَ أُولُو الْعَزْمِ مِنَ الرُّسُلِ وَلا تَسْتَعْجِلْ لَهُمْ كَأَنَّهُمْ يَوْمَ يَرَوْنَ مَا يُوعَدُونَ لَمْ يَلْبَثُوا إِلا سَاعَةً مِنْ نَهَارٍ بَلاغٌ فَهَلْ يُهْلَكُ إِلا الْقَوْمُ الْفَاسِقُونَ
17 ق 50 14 وَأَصْحَابُ الأَيْكَةِ وَقَوْمُ تُبَّعٍ كُلٌّ كَذَّبَ الرُّسُلَ فَحَقَّ وَعِيدِ
18 المرسلات 77 11

the verses and suras are noted so you may translate them by following the numbers.. but I took one out of the above that I think should be of special interest

[75] Al-Masih, the son of Maryam, was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother was a woman of truth. They had both to eat their (daily) food. See how Allah doth make His Signs clear to them; yet see in what ways they are deluded away from the truth!

[76] Say: "Will ye worship, besides Allah, something which hath no power either to harm or benefit you? But Allah, He it is that heareth and knoweth all things."

[77] Say: "O People of the Book! exceed not in your religion the bounds (of what is proper), trespassing beyond the truth, nor follow the vain desires of people who went wrong in times gone by, who misled many, and strayed (themselves) from the even Way...

Prophet Mohammed was the SEAL of the prophets and with him the true message of monotheism is preserved.. this isn't a popularity contest.. All prophets did as was granted them by Allah SWT..

read this

The Bible Led Me to Islam

Abdul Malik LeBlanc tells how he discovered Islam within the pages of Bible

Source: International Edition Voice of Islam - November 1998, Page 25

During my Christian days there were many verses in the Bible that made me question the religion I was following (Christianity). There was one particular verse, 1 Thessalonians 5:17 which says; "pray without ceasing," that lingered heavily in my mind. I often wondered how a person (Christian) was supposed to pray (be in a state of worship) without ceasing? Without any biblical or divine guidance, the only way I thought this to be possible was to always do good deeds and keep the remembrance of God on my tongue and in my heart.

However, I found this to be impossible to do as a human being. But when I was introduced to Islam in 1987, and began to read and learn more about this way of life, I found that Islam provided divine guidance both from God (Allah) and Prophet Muhammad (SAW) by which a person could pray (be in a state of worship) without ceasing, if it was the Will of God.

Whether waking up, eating, sleeping, putting on clothes, being in the presence of a woman, looking at a woman, going shopping, going to the bathroom, looking in the mirror, traveling, visiting the sick, sitting in a non-religious meeting, taking a bath, having sexual intercourse with one’s wife, yawning, cutting you nails, sneezing, greeting people, talking, hosting guests at home, walking, exercising, fighting, entering one’s house, praying and many other acts, Islam and the guidance therein of the Quran, and the acts and sayings of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), provided ways in which I could observe 1 Thessalonians 5:17. In addition, it allowed me to be at peace with myself and in submission to the one True God - Allah (SWT).

This divine guidance of Islam taught me greatly about my duties, responsibilities and birthright to my Creator (Allah), and more about the religion of Christianity as a Muslim, I [By the Will of Allah (SWT)] felt it necessary to share with you how the Bible led me to Islam.

Christianity

Given the fact that there has never been in the history of the Torah (Old Testament) the religion of God to be named after a Prophet (i.e. Adaminity, Abrahamity, Mosanity, etc.), I hope to explain that Jesus did not preach the religion of Christianity, but a religion that gives all Praise and Worship to The One God.

One of the questions I asked myself as I took an objective (second) look at Christianity was; where did the word Christianity come from and was the word ever mentioned to Jesus? Well, I did not find the word Christianity in the Bible, not even in a Bible dictionary. Specifically, I did not find in the Bible where Jesus called himself a Christian.

The word Christian was first mentioned by a pagan to describe those who followed Jesus. It is mentioned one of three times in the New Testament by a pagan and Jew in Antioch about 43 AD, (Acts 11:26, Acts 26:28 and 1 Peter 4:16) long after Jesus left this earth. To accept the words of pagans as having any value or association with divinity, Jesus or God is contrary to the teachings of all Prophets.

Jesus prophesied that people would worship him uselessly and believe in doctrines made by men (Matthew 15:9).

"But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." This verse, Matthew 15:9, is further supported by these words of the Quran:

"And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say unto men: "Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower o fall that is hidden and unseen.

Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: ‘Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world)." (Al-Ma’idah 5:116-117)

I found that Biblical verses like John 5:30, John 12:49, John 14:28, Isaiah 42:8 and Acts 2:22 support the above mentioned verses of the Quran.

Before leaving the subject of Christianity, I should mention one small point of observation. If Christians are Christ-like, why are they not greeting each other with the words; Peace be with you (Salamu Alaikum), as Jesus did in Luke 24:36. As you may be aware, the greeting from one Muslim to another Muslim is Assalamu Alaikum; a Christ-like saying.

Various Holy Bibles
It is worth mentioning that the Bible references cited might not be exactly as the Bible you are using. There are MANY Bibles on the market that are used by different Christian sects and all of these sects say that their book, though different, is the word of God. Such Bibles are: The Revised Standard Version 1952 & 1971, New American Standard Bible, The Holy Bible; New International Version, the Living Bible, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures used by Jehovah Witnesses, Roman Catholic Version and the King James Version. A special note: I have not found in any of these Bibles where the "New Testament" calls itself the "New Testament," and nowhere does the "Old Testament" call itself the "Old? Testament." Also, the word "Bible" is unknown within the pages of the Bible.

In addition to the many different Christian sects and Bibles, I have learned that there are also different men, not Prophets, who founded these sects and are using various interpretations of the Bible and/or man-made doctrines as their creed.

I would like to share with you some thoughts that you may not have read or known about the Bible being the word of God. Briefly, let me mention that on September 8, 1957, the Jehovah’s witnesses in their "Awake" magazine carried this startling headline - 50,000 Errors in the Bible. If you ask a Jehovah’s witness about this headline, it may be said that today most of those errors have been eliminated. How many have been eliminated, 5,000? Even if 50 remain, would one attribute those errors to God?

Let me pose another question: if a "Holy" book contained conflicting verses would you still consider it to be Holy? Most likely you will say of course not. Let me share with you some conflicting verses both in the Old and New Testaments:

II Samuel 8:4 (vs)
II Samuel 8:9-10
II Kings 8:26

II Samuel 6:23
Genesis 6:3
John 5:37

John 5:31
I Chronicles 18:4
I Chronicles 18:9-10

II Chronicles 22:2
II Samuel 21:8
Genesis 9:29

John 14:9
John 8:14

Only two contradictions of the New Testament have been mentioned, but others will be referenced when the Trinity, Divinity of Jesus Christ, Divine Sonship of Jesus, Original Sin and Atonement are reviewed.

How could the "inspired words" of God get the genealogy of Jesus incorrect (See Matthew 1:6-16 where it states 26 forefathers up to Prophet David, and Luke 3:23-31 says 41 in number). Or for that matter, give a genealogy to Jesus who had NO father? See II Kings 19:1-37, now read Isaiah 37:1-38. Why is it that the words of these verse are identical? Yet they have been attributed to two different authors, one unknown and the other is Isaiah, who are centuries apart; and yet, the Christians have claimed these books to be inspired by God.

I looked up the word Easter in the Nelson Bible dictionary and learned that the word "Easter" (as mentioned in Acts 12:4) is a mistranslation of "pascha," the ordinary Greek word for "Passover." As, you know Passover is a Jewish celebration not a Christian holiday. I think human hands, all to human, had played havoc with the Bible.

From the brief points mentioned above, and the fact that Biblical scholars themselves have recognized the human nature and human composition of the Bible (Curt Kuhl, The Old Testament: Its Origin and Composition, PP 47, 51, 52), there should exist in the Christian’s mind some acceptance to the fact that maybe every word of the Bible is not God’s word.

As a side note to this subject, let me mention that some Christians believe that the Bible was dictated to Prophet Muhammad (SAW) by a Christian monk, and that is why some of the biblical accounts are in the Quran. After some research, I found that this could not have happened because there were no Arabic Bible in existence in the 6th century of the Christian era when Muhammad (SAW) lived and preached. Therefore, no Arab, not even Prophet Muhammad (SAW) who was absolutely unlettered and unlearned, would have had the opportunity to examine the written text of the Bible in his own language.

The Gospels

If you read Luke 1:2-3, you will learn, as I did, that Luke (who was not one of the 12 disciples and never met Jesus) said that he himself was not an eyewitness, and the knowledge he gathered was from eyewitnesses, and not as words inspired by God. Incidentally, why does every "Gospel" begin with the introduction According to. Why "according to?" the reason for this is because not a single one of the gospels carries its original author’s autograph! Even the internal evidence of Matthew 9:9 proves that Matthew was not the author of the first Gospel which bears his name:

"And as Jesus passed forth thence, He (Jesus) saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and He (Jesus) saith unto Him (Matthew), follow me (Jesus). And he (Matthew) arose, and followed Him (Jesus)."

Without any stretch of the imagination, one can see that the He’s and the Him’s of the above narration do not refer to Jesus or Matthew as its author, but a third person writing what he saw or heard - a hearsay account and not words inspired by God.

It is worth noting, and well known throughout the religious world, that the choice of the present four "gospels" of the New Testament (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) were imposed in the Council of Nicea 325 CE for political purposes under the auspices of the pagan Emperor Constantine, and not by Jesus. Constantine’s mind had not been enlightened either by study or by inspiration. He was a pagan, a tyrant and criminal who murdered his son, his wife and thousands of innocent individuals because of his lust for political power. Constantine ratified other decisions in the Nicene Creed such as the decision to call Christ "the Son of God, only begotten of the father."

Literally, hundreds of gospels and religious writings were hidden from the people. Some of those writings were written by Jesus’ disciples, and many of them were eyewitness accounts of Jesus’ actions. The Nicea Council decided to destroy all gospels written in Hebrew, which resulted in the burning of nearly three hundred accounts. If these writings were not more authentic than the four present gospels, they were of equal authenticity. Some of them are still available such as the Gospel of Barnabas and the Shepherd of Hermas which agree with the Quran. The Gospel of Barnabas, until now, is the only eyewitness account of the life and mission of Jesus. Even today, the whole of the Protestant word, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Seventh Day Adventists and other sects and denominations condemn the Roman Catholic version of the Bible because it contains seven "extra" books. The Protestant have bravely expunged seven whole books from their word of God. A few of the outcasts are the Books of Judith, Tobnias, Baruch and Esther.

Concerning Jesus’ teachings of the Gospel (Injeel), the Gospel writers frequently mentioned Jesus preaching the Gospel: Matthew 9:35, Mark 8:35, and Luke 20:1. The word "gospel" is recurrently used in the Bible. However, in the New Testament Greek edition the word Evangeline is used in place of the word gospel, which is translated to mean good news. My question was: what Gospel did Jesus preach? Of the 27 books of the New Testament, only a small fraction can be accepted as the words of Jesus, and only of the 27 books are known to be attributed as the Gospel of Jesus. The remaining 23 were supposedly written by Paul. Muslims do believe that Jesus was given God’s "Good News." However, they do not recognized the present four Gospels as the utterances of Jesus.

The earliest Gospel is that of Mark’s which was written about 60-75 AD. Mark was the son of Barnabas’s sister. Matthew was a tax collector, a minor official who did not travel around with Jesus. Luke’s Gospel was written much later, and in fact, drawn from the same sources as Mark’s and Matthew’s. Luke was Paul’s physician, and like Paul, never met Jesus. By the way, did you know that the names Marks and Luke were not included in the 12 appointed disciples of Jesus as mentioned in Matthew 10:2-4?

Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; the first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

John’s Gospel is from a different source, and was written in about 100 AD. He (John) should not be confused with John, the disciple, who was beheaded by Agrippa I in the year 44 CE long before this gospel was written. It should be accepted as a reliable account of the life of Jesus, and whether it should be included in the scriptures.

Christians, as I once did, boast about the Gospels according to Matthew, according to Mark, according to Luke and according to John. However, if we think about it, there is not a single Gospel according to Jesus himself. According to the preface of the KJV (King James Version) new open Bible study edition, the word "Gospel" was added (see below) to the original titles, "According to John, according to Matthew, according to Luke and according to Mark."

The permission to call "According to" writings the Gospel was not given by Jesus nor by any other divine guidance. These writings; Matthew, Luke, Mark and John, were never originally to be the Gospel. Therefore, Mark 1:1 can not be a true statement that his writing is the gospel of Jesus.

It should be mentioned that Muslims must believe in all Divine scriptures in their original form, their Prophets and making no distinction between them: The Suhuf (Abraham); Torah (Moses); Psalms (David); Gospel - or the Injeel (Jesus); and the Quran (Muhammad). It is clearly stated in the Quran 3:3 that Allah sent down the Torah and the Gospel. However, none of these scriptures remains in its original form now, except the Quran, which was sent for all mankind everywhere and for all times.

In addition to other reasons why the Quran was sent to mankind, as mentioned in 18:4-5 it was sent to warn the Christians of a terrible punishment from God if they cease not in saying: "Allah has begotten a son."

Muslims sincerely believe that everything Jesus (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) preached was from God; the Gospel (Injeel): The "good news" and the guidance of God for the Children of Israel. There is no place mentioned in the present four Gospels that Jesus wrote a single word of his Gospel, nor is it mentioned that Jesus instructed anyone to do so. What passes off, as the "Gospels" today are the works of third party human hands. The Quran 2:79 says:
"And woe to those who write the book with their own hands and they say: "This is from Allah (God)." To traffic with it for a miserable price! So woe to them for what their hands do write, and woe to them for what they earn thereby!"

Jesus As the Son of God
Is Jesus the Son of God? Matthew 3:17 could be used by some Christians to support the divine Sonship of Jesus. If Matthew 3:17, "And Lo a voice for heaven, saying, this is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased," is used to support divine Sonship, then there should be no other verse that contradicts or gives equal divine Sonship to another person or persons in the Old or New Testament. However, many references were found in the Old and New Testaments that mentioned someone other than Jesus as having a divine Sonship to God. See Exodus 4:22:

"Israel is my son, even my firstborn." II Samuel 7:14 and I Chronicles 22:10: "...and he shall be my son (Solomon)." Jeremiah 31:9: "...and Ephraim is my firstborn." Also, Psalm 2:7.

The word "Son" must not be accepted literally because God addresses many of his chosen servants as son and sons. The Jews have also claimed Ezra to be the Son of God. The New Testament Greek words used for "son" (pias and paida, which mean servant or son in the sense of servant) are translated as son in reference to Jesus and as servant in reference to others in some translations of the Bible.

Further, the term "Father" as used by Jesus corresponds more closely to the term Rabb, i.e. One who nourishes and sustains, so that in Jesus’ doctrine, God is "Father" – Nourisher and Sustainer – of all men. The New Testament also interprets "son of God" to be mystical: "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." (Romans 8:14). This mystical suggestion is further supported with Jesus being called the only begotten Son of God.

In Psalm 2:7, the Lord said to David:

"...Thou art my son: this day have I begotten thee."

Does this mean that God had two sons? Jesus also said that God is not only his Father but also your Father (Matthew 5:45, 48). Luke 3:38 says:

"...Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the Son of God."

Who is mentioned in Hebrews 7:3 as like unto the Son of God? It is Melchisedec, King of Salem, as mentioned in Hebrews 7:1. He (Melchisedec) is more unique than Jesus or Adam. Why is he not preferred to be the Son of God? Moreover, Adam did not have a mother or father, but was the first human being created by God and in the likeness of God to exist in the Garden of Eden and on earth. Wouldn’t this give more rights to Adam to be called the Son of God in its truest meaning?

I would like to share with you an obvious contradiction between John 3:16, Luke 10:25-28 and Matthew 19:16-17. John 3:16 reads:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten, Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Now let’s read Luke 10:25-28:

And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? He said unto him, what is written in the law? How readest Thou? And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself. And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and Thou shalt live.

These verses tell us that the inheritance of eternal life is for anyone who believes and worships no other God, but the One True God. Luke 10:25-28 agrees with Matthew 19:16-17 which says;

"And behold, one came and said to him (Jesus), Good teacher, what good things shall I do that I may have eternal life? So he (Jesus) said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? – No one is good but One that is, God. But if you want to enter into eternal life, keep the commandments."

There is no commandment that says to worship Jesus, but there that tells us to worship God alone.

In Luke 4:41, Jesus refused to be called the Son of God by demons. Do you think that Jesus would rebuke the demons, or anyone else for that matter, for telling the truth? Unquestionably, no! Jesus rebuked the demons because they were saying something false by calling him the Son of God. Also, if the demons knew that Jesus was the Christ, for Jesus to shut them up because they called him the Christ is a contradiction to Jesus’ mission.

In Luke 9:20 & 21, Jesus said unto his disciples:

"But who say ye that I am? Peter answered saying, "The Christ of God, and Jesus straightly charged them and commanded them to tell no man that thing."

Furthermore, verses like John 3:2, John 6:14, John 7:40, Matthew 21:11, Luke 7:16 and 24:19 confirm that Jesus accepted the title of teacher, Prophet and called himself the son of man in Matthew 8:20, 12:40, 17:9 & 12, 26:24, Luke 9:26, 22:48, 22:69, and 24:7. The most conclusive verse that says Jesus is the son (servant) of man is Mark 14:26 where Jesus is mentioning the Day of Reckoning. Jesus specifically said we would see the son of man, not the Son of God, sitting in the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

The act of begetting is a physical act and such act is against God’s nature. The Qur’an 19:35 says:

"It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter He only says to it "Be," and it is." (Maryam 19:35)

The teachings of Jesus as the Son of God were not preached by Jesus nor accepted by Jesus, but were taught by Paul as supported in Acts 9:20:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God."

Did Jesus ever claim to be God or say, "Here am I, your God, worship me"? The answer is no. For there is no single, unequivocal statement in the Bible whereby Jesus himself declares, "I am God, therefore worship me." Virtually all of the more than two thousand verses of the epistles of Paul are his own fabrications to include Romans 9:5 that says, depending upon which Bible you read:

"...Christ came, who is overall, the eternally blessed God."

Christians should know that Paul himself mentions his own gospel, not Jesus, in his epistle to the Romans when he says in Romans 2:16:

"In the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel."

In face, the Pauline epistle to the Romans serves as the foundation of today’s Christianity. Thus, it is the Christians whose efforts will be wasted in this life as they think they were acquiring good by their works when they attribute partners to God, as stated in Chapter 18:103-106 of the Qur’an:

"Say: Shall we tell you of those who lost most in respect of their deeds? Those whose efforts have been wasted in this life, while they thought that they were acquiring good by their works?" they are those who deny the Signs of their Lord and the fact of their having to meet Him (in the Hereafter): vain will be their works, nor shall We, on the Day of judgment, give them any weight. That is their reward, Hell; because they rejected Faith, and took My Signs and My Messengers by way of jest.
(Al-Kahf 18:103-106)

Indeed, it is so strange and ironic, knowing that none of Paul’s epistle to the Romans, more than 430 verses, were ever formulated by Jesus. Paul should have made direct reference to the pristine teachings of Jesus, if only the former claim for apostleship by divine inspiration was indeed true. Instead, large parts of his epistles’ Biblical quotations (notably those in the Epistle to the Romans) were taken from the Old Testament – Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, 2 Samuel, 1 Kings, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Ezekiel and Hosea. His epistles were, indeed a product of tedious efforts, but that does not make Paul far better than any of the other men who authored the Bible, nor does it make him a Prophet.

Other practices that were adopted under Paul included the following: the Roman sun-day as the Christian Sabbath; the traditional birthday of the Sun-god as the birthday of Jesus; the emblem of the sun-god (the cross of light) to be the emblem of Christians; and, the incorporation of all the ceremonies which were performed at the Sun-god’s birthday celebrations.

As I come to a close concerning the position of Christ, I would like to ask my Christian reader bow down and pray earnestly to God and ask Him to invoke His curse on you, your wife, your sons, and your daughters if what you believe about Christ (Christ is God, Son of God or part of a trinity of God) are false. Likewise, I have learned that if you asked a Muslim to earnestly pray to God to invoke His curse on him, his wife, his sons, and his daughters if what he is saying about Christ (Prophet, Messenger of God, A Word from God) are false, the Muslims are firm in their faith knowing that Christ is not God, nor the Son of God and nor part of a trinity of God. This exercise of asking God to invoke His curse on you and your family may sound a bit cruel, but it would prove two points: (1) you would know that you are on the wrong path; and, (2) it would put you on the right path.

The Crucifixion and Atonement
A very significant event in the Christian doctrine is the Crucifixion of Jesus. Before talking about the many controversies surrounding the Crucifixion, it should be mentioned that it was a gospel of Paul’s which professed the Crucifixion/Resurrection of Jesus (II Timothy 2:8):

"Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel."

In addition, the gospel of the resurrection in Mark 16:9-20 was already removed from the text by gospel writers in the 1952 edition of the Revised Standard Version and then, for some reasons, restored in the 1971 edition. In many Bibles, if not removed, it is printed in small print or between two brackets and with commentary (See the Revised Standard Version, New American Bible and New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures).

The traditional biblical account of Jesus’ Crucifixion is that he was arrested and crucified by the orders and plans of the chief priest and Jewish elders. This account was denied in the 1960’s by the highest Catholic Christian authority, the Pope. He issued a statement in which he said the Jews had nothing to do with Jesus’ Crucifixion.

Did any one of the disciples or the writers of the Gospel see the Crucifixion or the Resurrection? No! In Mark 14:50, it says the disciples forsook Jesus and fled. Even Peter forsook Jesus after the cock crowed three times as Jesus foretold:

(Matthew 26:75) And Peter remembered the word of Jesus, which said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And he went out, and wept bitterly.

The most likely persons whom may have witnessed this moment in Jesus’ life were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joses, the mother of Zebedee’s children and other women (Matthew 27:55-56). However, there is no statement or account in the Gospels from those women as to what they saw or heard.

The disciple(s) found the sepulchre where Jesus was laid down, empty, and made the conclusion that he was resurrected because the disciples and other witnesses saw him alive after the alleged Crucifixion. Nobody saw the moment he was resurrected. Jesus himself stated that he did not die on the cross in Luke 24:36-41, as explained in the following paragraphs.

Early Sunday morning, Mary Magdalene went to the sepulchre, which was empty. She saw somebody standing who looked like a gardener. She recognized him after a conversation to be Jesus and wanted to touch him. Jesus said (John 20:17):

"Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father..."

Now read Luke 24:36-41:

"And as they (disciples) thus spoke, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. But they were terrified and frightened, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are you troubled? And why so thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me end see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? And they gave him a piece of boiled fish and of a honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them."

Does a spiritual or dead body have a need to eat food? Jesus eating of food was to prove to the disciples that he was not a spirit, but rather, he was still alive and not dead.

Jesus being alive and not dead is further supported in his own prophecy (Matthew 12:40):

"For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Did Jesus fulfill this miracle? Christians would say "yes," because Jesus died and rose three days later according to Luke 24:36 and Matthew 20:19, to name a few verses. However, in line with the miracle of Jonah and according to the Bible, Jesus only spent one day and two nights in the sepulchre, and not three days and three nights as he prophesied.

Jesus was put in the sepulchre just before sunset on Friday (Good Friday) and was found missing before sunrise on Sunday (Easter). If we were to s-t-r-e-t-c-h the time frame a bit, one may say that Jesus spent three days in the earth, but there is no way and I repeat, no way, that Jesus spent three nights in the earth. We must not forget that the Gospels are explicit in telling us that it was "before sunrise" on Sunday morning that Mary Magdalene went to the tomb of Jesus and found it empty.

Consequently, there are some inconsistencies as to whether Jesus fulfilled his own prophecy. Whether he was actually crucified, or if the day (Good Friday) of his alleged Crucifixion is wrong. Another significant point to mention is that Jonah was alive in the belly of the whale. The Christians says, Jesus was dead in the belly of the earth/tomb, and this contradicts Jesus’ own prophecy. Jesus said (Luke 11:30):

"As Jonah was...so shall the Son of man be."

If Jonah was alive, so was Jesus.

One critical event that took place before the alleged Crucifixion was the prayer of Jesus to God for help. Luke 22:42:

"Saying Father if thou be willing, remove this cup (of death) from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine be done."

Jesus’ prayer not to die on the cross was accepted by God according to Luke 22:43 and Hebrews 5:7. Therefore, if all of Jesus’ prayer were accepted by God, including not to die on the cross, how could he have died on the cross?

In Matthew 27:46, it states that while Jesus was on the cross, he said:

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani (My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?).

If Jesus said these words, it represents a blatant declaration of disbelief according to all theological authorities. This is a great insult as such words could only come from an unbeliever in God. Further, it is incredible that such words should come from a Prophet of God, because God never breaks His promise and His Prophets never complained against His promise, especially when the Prophet’s mission is understood. It could be said that whoever relates that this statement was said by a Prophet (Jesus), is a disbeliever.

Muslims believe, as the Qur’an states, Jesus was not crucified. It was the intention of his enemies to put him to death on the cross, but Allah saved him from their plot. Qur’an 4:157:

"That they (Jews) said boasting, "We killed Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah, but they (Jews) killed him not, nor crucified him..."

(An Nisa 4:157)
peace!

Malaikah
10-15-2007, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hikmah
Thank you purestambrosa.I appreciate your eagerness to respond.I have not yet made a case but raising the logical question that any human being can ask- if there is no distinction then why only Jesus is seen as distinct from the birth, miracles, life, to his second coming among all the prophets?
Jesus is considered one of the top five Prophets. Different Prophets have different roles. Just because Jesus had more miracles happening through him, doesn't mean he is better. Moses also had many, many miracles happening at his hand. Moses is also mentioned so much more tha Jesus in the Quran- in fact the Quran tells us very little about Jesus, but we know so much about Moses.

Since muhammed "supercedes" all prophets as per Quran, it could have been better that he posseses these qualities to know he is last? Dont you think so?
Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) had the biggest miracle- the Quran. While the miracles of Jesus were limited only to those who witnessed them, the miracle of Muhammad will last until the Last Day. That is the important point to have with the last messenger, a miracle that will last.

Having said that, Muhammad also performed other miracles- he was able to heal people at touching them (for example, one persons eye, which was destroyed, he healed it), food had greater blessing such that a very small amount of food was able to feed so many people and still there would be some left over. The splitting of the moon. And many others.

secondly, since Jesus posseses every of these supernatural qualities (which others prophets does not in full measure), dosen't he look like more than a prophet?
No, not at all. He looks like a prophet, and a great one at that. Did he do any of the miracles through his own ability? No, God performed them through him.

Also, there are things that other prophets have that he did not. For example, Moses had a much larger following than Jesus did, and Muhammad will have the largest. Adam was created without a mother of father, much more impressive than being only fatherless. Abraham was honoured by having all the Prophets who came after him from being from his progeny. Solomon had an amazing kingdom that included both animals and jinn (and he was able to communicate with them).

Tons of extraordinary things is written about Jesus in the bible and the quran which raises the eyebrows of any human being.
Selective reading- if you are open minded you will find that tons of extraordinary things are written about most Prophets in the Quran. Of course there is no denying that Jesus is raised higher than many of them.

But so what? Do you expect us to start worshipping the man because of the favours that God bestowed upon him?

It is also very explicitly stated in the Quran that Jesus is nothing more than the servant of God, not the Son of God. Any attempt to try to extrapolate more is wishful thinking.

- Qatada -
10-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks Qatada, peace be on you too. If Muhammed has finally done his duty in conveying and perfecting the message to the people, then, why must Jesus come again? dosent that impliy that there is still something remaining?Dosent it look like that Jesus is the last and final 'being' because he finishes the unfinished task by coming LAST again after muhammed? That too why only Jesus? why not Muhammed (since he is said to be the last) or elijah or any other prophets?

Hey :)

I think Malaikah explained it well, but to answer your question specifically - God had ordained that Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) is the Messiah and that he would return to strengthen the believers. Infact, due to the many blessings which God has bestowed upon His final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) - it was every Prophets wish to be part of this nation. Prophet Moses also wished this, however he was unable to. Prophet Jesus son of Mary also wished for this, and God granted him that wish.

It was also ordained by God, in the Qur'an He says (translation of the meaning):

It is not (possible) for any human being to whom Allah has given the Book and Al-Hukma (the knowledge and understanding of the laws of religion, etc.) and Prophethood to say to the people: "Be my worshippers rather than Allah's." On the contrary (he would say): "Be you Rabbaniyun (learned men of religion who practise what they know and also preach others), because you are teaching the Book, and you are studying it."

Nor would he order you to take angels and Prophets for lords (gods). Would he order you to disbelieve after you have submitted to Allah's Will?

And (remember) when Allah took the Covenant of the Prophets, saying: "Take whatever I gave you from the Book and Hikmah (understanding of the Laws of Allah, etc.), and afterwards there will come to you a Messenger (Muhammad, peace be upon him) confirming what is with you; you must, then, believe in him and help him." Allah said: "Do you agree (to it) and will you take up My Covenant (which I conclude with you)?" They said: "We agree." He said: "Then bear witness; and I am with you among the witnesses (for this)."

Then whoever turns away after this, they are the Fasiqun (rebellious: those who turn away from Allah's Obedience).

Do they seek other than the religion of Allah (the true Islamic Monotheism worshiping none but Allah Alone), while to Him submitted all creatures in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly. And to Him shall they all be returned.

Say: "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)."

[Qur'an 3: 79-84]

God is telling us that He would not send a Messenger who would tell his people to worship him instead of the Lord of the Worlds, a Messenger is sent to take people out of disbelief and polytheism into the pure worship of God alone. Not call people to worship him, since this is exactly the ways of the polytheists who are destined for hell.

So Jesus son of Mary will come as a follower and implementer of the laws revealed to God's final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) near the final days. He will be a just ruler, and will be the leader of the believers at that time. This is something praiseworthy for him, aswell as Muhammad (peace be upon him) because Jesus son of Mary is part of Muhammad (peace be upon him)'s nation, and Jesus son of Mary is implementing the final laws which God revealed to His final Messenger (Muhammad, peace be upon him.) He will support the believers, and give them victory by the will of God. This is a blessing of God which He gives to those who He wills, and in the end the victory is for the believers.

Peace.

Hikmah
10-15-2007, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
Jesus is considered one of the top five Prophets. Different Prophets have different roles. Just because Jesus had more miracles happening through him, doesn't mean he is better. Moses also had many, many miracles happening at his hand. Moses is also mentioned so much more tha Jesus in the Quran- in fact the Quran tells us very little about Jesus, but we know so much about Moses.
Thankyou malaikah for joining us to respond to this post.
I did not say that Jesus is greater or better or more than a prophet because of his only miracles but rather taking the whole life of Jesus as per Quran (and the bible) his extraordinary conception, birth, sinless life and love, claims, titles, miracles, his departure (taken up to heaven without dying as per Quran), his second coming, his coming again before and after Muhammed, then anyone in the world will tell you and me that Jesus stands very colorful and unique among all. because in him The "ALL extraordinary factor" is seen very clearly without doubt. Again moses is not having the ALL factor :)

Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) had the biggest miracle- the Quran. While the miracles of Jesus were limited only to those who witnessed them, the miracle of Muhammad will last until the Last Day. That is the important point to have with the last messenger, a miracle that will last. .
I am not sure how writing a book is a miracle? for example:Scientific books which is studied worlwide through all centuries and written thousands of years before and after has lasting effect on development of mankind and technology.But can we call it a miracle?

Having said that, Muhammad also performed other miracles- he was able to heal people at touching them (for example, one persons eye, which was destroyed, he healed it), food had greater blessing such that a very small amount of food was able to feed so many people and still there would be some left over. The splitting of the moon. And many others. .
Well, Are you sure the Quran talks about Muhammed performing any miracles?.infact in the Quran, I see muhammed discourages and denies about performing a miracles (Sura 29:49-51 3:181-84; 4:153; 6:8-9).He only affrimed that his greatest miracle is The Quran. These verses stands in contrast with what is said in other writings like hadiths written much later (almost a hundered years after his death).

Also, there are things that other prophets have that he did not. For example, Moses had a much larger following than Jesus did, and Muhammad will have the largest. Adam was created without a mother of father, much more impressive than being only fatherless. Abraham was honoured by having all the Prophets who came after him from being from his progeny. Solomon had an amazing kingdom that included both animals and jinn (and he was able to communicate with them). .
Larger following or having a biggest kingdom is not a surprise for today in the world there are many rich people having great wealth and followers.But what surprises us is the virgin brith. I can understand when it comes to adam since the matter is about beginning of creation. he sinned and died. but what was it that made God to break the natural cycle of humanity? when the natural cycle of birth and death was already in motion for thousand of years, what made God to intervene suddenly that too through the person of Jesus chirst?-that is more surprsing to humanity than anything else in the world.

It is also very explicitly stated in the Quran that Jesus is nothing more than the servant of God, not the Son of God. Any attempt to try to extrapolate more is wishful thinking.
I am not extrapolating anywhere but just pointing to the amazing and most colorful picture that both the Quran and the bible paints about jesus (I have not yet started with the bible though).

God bless you:)

Malaikah
10-16-2007, 12:14 PM
I appreciate your reply but I honestly I feel this discussion is pointless- just because one Prophet was given more miracles than others, doesn't mean he is more than a Prophet. Anyone who reads the Quran- and you don't even have to do it with an open mind- will know that the idea that Jesus was more than a Prophet according to Islamic teachings is ludicrous.

Jesus said (in the Quran):

"He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allâh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet"

Key concepts, from just one verse: Jesus is the SLAVE of God. It is GOD who has bestowed his blessings on Jesus. And most importantly, he is a PROPHET. Nothing more, nothing less.

As for the Quran- it is a miracle on many different levels. You mention science, that is only on of the miracles of the Quran. Other miracles include the amazing eloquence of the Quran, it was beyond anything any of the best Arabs could produce- and poetry was their speciality. And yet it was delivered though an illiterate man. Another miracle- the prophecies. The Quran predicts the future correctly on many instances. Also, the fact that the whole thing, cover to cover, can be memorised easily by people who can't even understand Arabic. There are others than I don't have tie to mention here.

And lastly- you falsely asserted that Jesus was sinless. No human is sinless, at least not by Islamic beliefs anyay.

NYCmuslim
10-16-2007, 01:05 PM
Larger following or having a biggest kingdom is not a surprise for today in the world there are many rich people having great wealth and followers.But what surprises us is the virgin brith. I can understand when it comes to adam since the matter is about beginning of creation. he sinned and died. but what was it that made God to break the natural cycle of humanity? when the natural cycle of birth and death was already in motion for thousand of years, what made God to intervene suddenly that too through the person of Jesus chirst?-that is more surprsing to humanity than anything else in the world.
As a muslim who tries to understand the Quran from a logical perspective, I too am a bit skeptical on Jesus' virgin birth. I did a little research and I have found some verses in the Quran that point to his natural birth. I also agree that if Allah were to intervene in the natural birth cycle of humans that He would have stated a clear exception in the Quran. Im still doing my research and I will post my findings soon Inshallah.

Peace be unto you all.

Malaikah
10-16-2007, 01:30 PM
:sl:

NYCmuslim, the Quran is very explicit about this:

She said: `O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?'

(Chapter Mary)

How much more explicit do you need?

No man touched her- she was a virgin. Why would you be suspicious of it?

(Hikmah is not suspicious of the Virgin birth by the way. He is a Christian, he believes in it too).

Hikmah
10-16-2007, 03:53 PM
I appreciate your reply but I honestly I feel this discussion is pointless- just because one Prophet was given more miracles than others, doesn't mean he is more than a Prophet. Anyone who reads the Quran- and you don't even have to do it with an open mind- will know that the idea that Jesus was more than a Prophet according to Islamic teachings is ludicrous.

Jesus said (in the Quran):

"He ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: Verily! I am a slave of Allâh, He has given me the Scripture and made me a Prophet"

Key concepts, from just one verse: Jesus is the SLAVE of God. It is GOD who has bestowed his blessings on Jesus. And most importantly, he is a PROPHET. Nothing more, nothing less.
I agree with you that the Quran calls Isa al masih as slave of allah and only a prophet.I am not trying to strech these exclusive verses anywhere but only pointing to the exceptional and supernatural things the Quran mentions about Jesus and posing this question "Can Jesus be only a mere prophet with ALL these exceptional and supernatural qualities?" why this exception to Jesus alone among the one lakh tewnty five thousand prophets? (think about it). The bible without any doubt agrees and declares Jesus as God.

And lastly- you falsely asserted that Jesus was sinless. No human is sinless, at least not by Islamic beliefs anyay
You are right that no human being can be sinless (except God alone).Jesus by being sinless in his nature points to his deity. I did not assert that Jesus is sinless but I affirm it with the bible that he is sinless. The Quran also tells that Jesus is sinless. how? lets look at the folowing verses from Quran:

Jesus came within Mary's womb not through physcial contact of human beings but through breathing of GOD'S SPIRIT: maybe, this is why he is also called as 'waruhoonminhu' Quran 4:171. (God's spirit and God is not seperate and never sinful but always holy.)

"She who guarded her virginity, we breathed into her of our spirit and appointed her and her Son to be a sign to the worlds" (Sura al-Anbiya' 21:91).

I have named her Mary, and I commend her and her offspring to Thy protection from the Evil One, the Rejected.(Suras Al 'Imran 3:36)"

Quran 19:19 [The angel] answered: "I' am but a messenger of thy Sustainer, [who says,] `I shall bestow upon thee the gift of a son endowed with purity'"

The bible:
"The Holy Spirit will come upon you,And the power of the Highest will overshadow you;Therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born
will be called the Son of God."(Luke 1:28-35)

A natural man comes out either through creation by God like adam or through male and female copulation.How did Jesus came? what was the substance? - ofcourse an unnatural one (Mary's womb and God's spirit).This makes Jesus stands exceptional and unique than any other prophets.This makes me ask Who is Jesus- a mere prophet or more? who? the decesion is left to you :sunny:

Md Mashud
10-16-2007, 05:11 PM
what surprises me is why in the Quran only Jesus holds so many superlative titles, surprising miracles,strange virgin birth, ascended above without death (others either died naturally or were killed but here allah took him up) and again he is coming back. In other prophets we see few glimpses of somethings but why in the world all strange things are packaged in the one person of Jesus?. Honestly if you compare with all the other prophets, Jesus looks so unique
Tbh, most Prophets were Unique in many ways. Its not like the Quran revolves around 1, it talks about 25. Isa :RA: was not the only one to witness miraculous events. Have you read the Quran? I wouldn't think you would make that statement like this considering the content. Also, when you study the Hadiths, truly, Prophet Mohammad was the greatest. If I cannot accept him as a Prophet, no one is worthy of being labelled Allahs messenger.... Not even Isa :Ra: (Muslims persepective ofcourse - infact this is indeed one of the main things for people being muslim and not christian, Quran being the other).

Malaikah
10-17-2007, 01:02 AM
The Quran also tells that Jesus is sinless. how? lets look at the folowing verses from Quran:

Jesus came within Mary's womb not through physcial contact of human beings but through breathing of GOD'S SPIRIT: maybe, this is why he is also called as 'waruhoonminhu' Quran 4:171. (God's spirit and God is not seperate and never sinful but always holy.)

"She who guarded her virginity, we breathed into her of our spirit and appointed her and her Son to be a sign to the worlds" (Sura al-Anbiya' 21:91).
This is what happens when christians try to use the Quran to promote their faith... they twist the meaning. God did not give Jesus a part of his OWN spirit. The spirit mentioned here is a spirit that God owns. Not his actual spirit.

A natural man comes out either through creation by God like adam or through male and female copulation.How did Jesus came? what was the substance? - ofcourse an unnatural one (Mary's womb and God's spirit).This makes Jesus stands exceptional and unique than any other prophets.This makes me ask Who is Jesus- a mere prophet or more? who? the decesion is left to you :sunny:
He was a prophet. One of the best prophets. Just because God choose that he should be fatherless doesn't mean he is no more than a prophet.

Look at Abraham- he was honoured by being called the friend of Allah. Jesus was not honoured in this way. Does this mean Abraham is now more than just a prophet?

Also- what about Mary? She is the only woman to have ever given birth as a virgin. Is she more than just a human now too?

MadeenJibreel
10-17-2007, 01:20 AM

Adam (peace upon him) was also fatherless, will Christians then say about him what they say about 'Isaa (Jesus), peace upon him?

جوري
10-17-2007, 01:23 AM
I washed my hand of this topic long ago.. but how strange that you conceive the Quran to be 'just a book' and at the same time use it to make a case when you have no clue how it should be used?
Sobhan Allah.. I am amused more and more each day.... Reminds me of a member we had here named king David..used to use this verse to prove that Israel belongs to the Jews and that God's promise to them will be fulfilled

وَلَقَدْ نَجَّيْنَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ مِنَ الْعَذَابِ الْمُهِينِ {30}
[Pickthal 44:30] And We delivered the Children of Israel from the shameful doom;

مِن فِرْعَوْنَ إِنَّهُ كَانَ عَالِيًا مِّنَ الْمُسْرِفِينَ {31}
[Pickthal 44:31] (We delivered them) from Pharaoh. Lo! he was a tyrant of the wanton ones.

وَلَقَدِ اخْتَرْنَاهُمْ عَلَى عِلْمٍ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ {32}
[Pickthal 44:32] And We chose them, purposely, above (all) creatures.

وَآتَيْنَاهُم مِّنَ الْآيَاتِ مَا فِيهِ بَلَاء مُّبِينٌ {33}
[Pickthal 44:33] And We gave them portents wherein was a clear trial.
forgetting in the process that Israel was Jacob PBUH and that Bani Israel are his 12 sons and have nothing to do with the secular zionist state of today...

what can you do but shrug your shoulders and smile?

Umar001
10-17-2007, 08:34 PM
If a muslim is asked 'do you believe in Jesus' he will say YES
If a christian is asked 'do you believe in Jesus' he will say YES

Yet they will both say the other does not, this is because the word believe carries subtle differences within these different societies.

Similarly, if a muslim is asked, is JEsus the word of God he will say YES
if a Christian is asked is Jesus the word of God he will say YES

But do they mean the same thing? An objective and rational mind would investiage and not misinterpret e such language to preach their religion.

On another note
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
Seeing as all the earliest sources agreed, its safe to assume its really what Jesus taught (Q) and makes more sense with other things that appear in Q material ie. Love thy neighbour, turn other cheek, leave all as it is (Paul) etc.
The earliest sources meaning? The Q, the Letters of Paul and the current 4 Gospels?

format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
I think its safe to assume Historical Jesus was as credible as a prophet/messiah as ll the other messiahs/sons of God/prophets and even competiting Jesus' of the timeperiod ;)
We are to assume that a because couple of sources some of which are authors which copied the same sources which are used to 'prove' multiple attestation, indicate that it must be true?

Hikmah
10-18-2007, 10:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MadeenJibreel

Adam (peace upon him) was also fatherless, will Christians then say about him what they say about 'Isaa (Jesus), peace upon him?
Virgin birth suprises me.I can understand when it comes to creation of adam since the matter is about beginning of humanity. he sinned and died. but what made God to break the natural cycle of birth and death that too for Jesus alone ? when the natural cycle of birth and death was already in motion for thousand of years, what made God to intervene suddenly that too for the person of Jesus chirst? :hmm:

MadeenJibreel
10-18-2007, 10:29 AM
Virgin birth suprises me.I can understand when it comes to creation of adam since the matter is about beginning of humanity. he sinned and died. but what made jesus exceptional to the point that made God to break the natural cycle of birth and death for Jesus alone ? when the natural cycle of birth and death was already in motion for thousand of years, what made God to intervene suddenly that too for the person of Jesus chirst? :hmm:
The birth of Jesus is exceptional, no doubt about that, but that doesn't make him The Creator. The problem is also this - as Christians claim Jesus is God, then they say "God died on the cross", so are you about to say that "God didn't exist" for some time? This kinda logic surely proves that God The Creator and Jesus are two completely different entities. But the Christians claim they are the same. Now that's an unsolvable paradox.

NoName55
10-18-2007, 12:13 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/tawheed-...tml#post844324

Malaikah
10-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Virgin birth suprises me.I can understand when it comes to creation of adam since the matter is about beginning of humanity. he sinned and died. but what made jesus exceptional to the point that made God to break the natural cycle of birth and death for Jesus alone ? when the natural cycle of birth and death was already in motion for thousand of years, what made God to intervene suddenly that too for the person of Jesus chirst? :hmm:
Why was the natural process of using boats broken by God when He split the sea for Moses? Why, when the natural cycle of using boats was already in motion for thousand of years. :hmm:

Keltoi
10-18-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't really see the point in having a debate about this. There is a chasm of difference in the way Christians and Muslims view Jesus. Rehashing the same old theological dispute only leads to argument and pointless back and forth.

NoName55
10-18-2007, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I don't really see the point in having a debate about this. There is a chasm of difference in the way Christians and Muslims view Jesus. Rehashing the same old theological dispute only leads to argument and pointless back and forth.
Once, I did a search on this subject on this site, I stopped counting the threads after first 2 pages of same thing. to comment on your post, I think it fills the need for drama and exitement

PS. they are not even containing these "debaters" within comparative religion forum any longer (as was the norm in distant past)

Hikmah
10-19-2007, 05:12 AM
Why was the natural process of using boats broken by God when He split the sea for Moses? Why, when the natural cycle of using boats was already in motion for thousand of years. :hmm:
Thankyou malaikah.nice try.But we are talking about why Jesus stands exceptional with the 'ALL factor' among all.when God divided the red sea there was a purpose and reason :to save Israel from the apporaching enemy, What was the purpose of virgin birth? It seems the purpose looks the same -To save people from the coming Judgement.

She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,because he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us." (Matthew1: 21-23)

The angels said: O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from Him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near(Quran 3:45)

Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.(Quran 19:21)

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment) (Quran 43:61)- Yusufali translation.

Peace

NoName55
10-19-2007, 05:29 AM
Who was Jesus?

Son of Who?

Bible - A Closer Look

Christianity vs Islam

Audio lectures

Video lectures
Thankyou malaikah.nice try.But we are talking about why Jesus stands exceptional with the 'ALL factor' among all.when God divided the red sea there was a purpose and reason :to save Israel from the apporaching enemy, What was the purpose of virgin birth? It seems the purpose looks the same -To save people from the coming Judgement.

She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,because he will save his people from their sins." All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us." (Matthew1: 21-23)

The angels said: O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from Him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near(Quran 3:45)

Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.(Quran 19:21)

And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment) (Quran 43:61)- Yusufali translation.

Peace
since you insist on preachin in our refutation forum, here is your "god" as described in NT.

"God" was created from the seed of David: "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of
the SEED of David according to the flesh." (Romans, 1:3)

The Powerless "God"
(Jesus) said: "I can of mine own self do nothing." (John, 5:30)

"God" Was Ignorant of the Time. Jesus said: "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the
angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark, 13:32)

"God" Was Ignorant of the Season: "And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he (Jesus) was
hungry: and seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find anything thereon: and
when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet." (Mark, 11:12-13)

"God" Learnt Through Experience: "Learned he obedience by the things which he sufered." (Hebrews, 5:8)

Spiritual Development of "God": "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom." (Luke,
2:40)

Mental, Physical and Moral Development of "God": "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor
with God and man." (Luke, 2:52)

"God" Was 12 Years Old When His Parents Took Him to Jerusalem: "Now his parents went to Jerusalem
every year at the feast of the passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the
custom of the feast." (Luke, 2:41-42)

"God" Was the Son of Joseph: "Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, we have found him, of whom
Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph" (John, 1:45)

Brothers and Brothers-in-law of "God": "And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their
synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty
works? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and
Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence hath this man all these things? (Matthew,
13:54-56)

"God" was the fruit of the loins of David: "Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with
an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne."
(Acts, 2:30)

The Ancestors of "God": "The generations of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham." (Matthew,
1:1)

The Gender of "God": "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was
called Jesus." (Luke, 2:21)

How Mary Conceived and Delivered "God". Mary conceived Jesus like any other woman: "The days were
accomplished that she should be delivered," (Luke, 2:6) which means that she went through all the normal
stages of pregnancy. Nor was her delivery any different from other expectant mothers: "And she being with
child cried, travelling in birth, and pained to be delivered." (Revelation, 12:2)

"God" Suckled The Paps of a Woman: "And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the
company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou
hast sucked." (Luke, 11:27)

The Country of Origin of "God": "Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king.
(Matthew, 2:1)

The Occupation of "God": "Jesus was a carpenter by trade." (Mark, 6:3), "and the son of a carpenter."
(Matthew, 13:55)

The Transport of "God": "Behold, thy king cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass." (Matthew, 21:5)

The Transport of "God": "And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon." (John, 12:14)

The Wining and Dining of "God": "The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, behold a man
gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners." (Matthew, 11:9; Luke, 7:34)

The Poverty of "God": "And Jesus saith unto him, the foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but
the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." (Matthew, 8:20)

The Meagre Possessions of "God": "Shoes of Jesus" (Luke, 3:16), "Garments and coat of Jesus" (John, 19:23)

"God" Was a Devout Jew: "And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed
into a solitary place, and there prayed." (Mark, 1:35)

"God" Was a Loyal Subject and taxpayer: Jesus was a good citizen, he was loyal to Caesar. He said: "Render therefore unto
Caesar

The Devil Tempted "God" For 40 Days: "And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness. And he
was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan." (Mark, 1:12-13)

The Devil Tempted "God" Continuously: "And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from
him for a season." (Luke, 4:13)

Like the Sinners, "God" Was Tempted In All Things: "But (he) was in all points tempted like as we are, yet
without sin." (Hebrews, 4:15)

True God Cannot be Tempted With Evil: "God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man."
(James, 1:13)

Only The Ungodly Are Tempted With Evil: "But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own
lust, and enticed." (James, 1:14)
Page

The Confession and Repentance of "God": before the beginning of his public ministry: "Jesus was baptized by
John the Baptist" (Matthew, 3:13), "which signified the confession of sins" (Matthew, 3:6), "and repentance
from sins (Matthew, 3:11).

"God" Did Not Come to Save the Sinners: "And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve
asked of him the parable. And he said unto them, unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of
God: but unto them that without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not
perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their
sins should be forgiven them." (Mark, 4:10-12)

THE RACIST "GOD"

"God" Was a Tribal Jew: "The lion of the tribe of Juda." (Revelation, 5:5)

"God" Came For The Jews Only: "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the
house of Israel." (Matthew, 15:24)

Racial Discrimination of "God": "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the
way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the
house of Israel." (Matthew, 10:5-6)

According to "God", The Gentiles Are Dogs: "It is not good to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs."
(matthew, 15:26)

The Kingdom of "God": And he (Jesus) shall reign over THE HOUSE OF JACOB for ever; and of his
kingdom there shall be no end." (Luke, 1:33)

The Titles of "God": "The king of the Jews" (Matthew, 2:2), "The king of Israel" (John, 1:49; 12:13)

A "GOD" UNLIKE THE GOD

A Hungry "God":
"And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered."
(Matthew 4:2), "Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered." (Matthew, 21:18), "and on the
morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry." (Mark, 11:12)

A Thirsty "God": "(He) saith, I thirst." (John, 19:28)

A Sleepy "God": "He was asleep." (Matthew, 8:24), "He fell asleep" (Luke, 8:23), "And he was in the hinder
part of the ship, asleep on a pillow." (Mark, 4:38)

A Tired "God": Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well." (John, 4:6)

A Groaning "God":
"He groaned in the spirit, and was troubled." (John, 11:33), "Jesus therefore again
groaning in himself cometh to the grave." (John, 11:38)

A Weeping "God": "Jesus wept " (John 11:35)

A Sorrowing "God": "And (he) began to be sorrowful and very heavy." (Matthew 26:37). "Then saith he unto
them, my soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death." (Matthew, 26:38)

A Hysterical "God": "And (he) began to be soreamazed and to be very heavy." (Mark, 14:33)

A Weak "God": "And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him." (Luke, 22:43)
THE WARRING "GOD"

The Strong-Arm Method of "God": "And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein,
and them that bought." (Luke, 19:45). "And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem,
and found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: and
when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen;
and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables." (John, 2:13-15)

The "God" of War: Jesus said: "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but
a sword." (Matthew, 10:34)

The Sabre-Rattling "God": Jesus said: "And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
(Luke, 22:36)

The "GOD" ON THE RUN

"God" Was Panic-Stricken:
"After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry,
because the Jews sought to kill him." (John, 7:1)

"God" Walked in Fear of the Jews: "Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to
death. Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews." (John, 11:53-54)

"God" Has Shown a Clean Pair of Heels: "Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their
hand." (John, 10:39)

"God" Fled in Disguise: "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the
temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John, 8:59)

THE CAPTURE OF "GOD"

A Friend Betrayed the Secret Hiding Place of "God":
"And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place:
for Jesus off-times resorted thither with his disciples. Judas then, having received a band of man and officers
from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons." (John, 18:2-3)
"God" Was Arrested, Bound and Led Away: "Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took
Jesus, and bound him, and led him away." (John, 18:12-13)

"God" Was Humiliated: "And the men that held Jesus mocked him, and smote him. And when they had
blindfolded him, they struck him on the face." (Luke, 22:63-64). "Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted
him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands." (Matthew, 26:67)

"God" Was Defenseless: "One of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand", he said:
"Why smitest thou me?" (John, 18:22-23)

"God" Was Condemned to Death: "And they all condemned him to be guilty of death." (Mark, 14:64). "They
answered and said, he is guilty of death." (Matthew, 26:66)
The Dumb and Docile "God": "He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his
shearer, so opened he not his mouth." (Acts, 8:32)

THE END OF "GOD"

The Dying "God":
"And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost." (Mark, 15:37)
The "God" That Was Supposed Dead and Defunct: "Christ died." (Romans, 5:6). "He was dead". (John,
19:33)

The Corpse of "God":
"he (Joseph of Arimathaea) went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus.
Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered." (Matthew, 27:58)

The Shroud of "God": "And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth." (Matthew,
27:59)

The Orbituary of The Late And Lamented "God": "Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified
God, saying, certainly this was a righteous man." (Luke, 23:47)

EPILOGUE

This post is for the sake of Muslim kids on this site who are in danger of being misled by clever threads

According to these self-appointed apostles of Christ, Jesus is God because: (i) "HE SHARED THE NATURE
OF GOD", and (ii) because "IN EVERY WAY HE IS LIKE GOD". But according to the quotations of the
Bible given above, we find that Jesus did neither SHARE THE NATURE OF GOD nor is he IN EVERY
WAY LIKE GOD. He is, therefore, definitely NOT God! The onus to prove that Jesus is God now rests with
these Christians. Either they must prove that Jesus is God, or they must admit that they are polytheists, (believers in
more than one God).

DESPITE ALL THEIR TRICKERY, THEY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PROVE THAT JESUS IS GOD!!

These preachers in Christ, will never succeed in convincing the Muslims that Jesus was anything
other than a natural man and a Prophet of God, sent unto the house of Israel to bear the good news of the
coming of the KINGDOM OF GOD!

Note: adapted with modifications from an epilogue by Brother Ahmed Deedat, renamed to Attributes of Trinitarian god as collected by Br.Ahmed Deedat from NT and made my own.

Hikmah
10-19-2007, 10:47 AM
oops

Hikmah
10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
since you insist on preachin in our refutation forum, here is your "god" as described in NT

Hi NoName. peace to you. As per the bible, God takes human form for a specific purpose to save mankind from the Judgement of penalty of Sin. ie: Hell and death. He came to atone for the sins of mankind.when Jesus christ was on earth, he was Son of God in flesh.This union is described as hypostatic union -the union of divine and matter.But he limited himself in his divine nature and lived like a human being depending upon God the father and the holy spirit and yet without sin. Therefore you will find the human traits in Jesus like eating,drinking,sleeping,praying,crying etc.At the same time you will find divine manifestations out of him. Finally he died and raised from the dead and ascended to heaven and will come back again to judge the living and dead.(Philippians 2:5-8)

One day we all are going to stand before his judgement seat.Those who had put their trust in his sacrificial act on the cross and resurrection and received him as lord and savior through repentance will find eternal life in heaven.But those who has rejected him will find himself under his Judgement to eternal hell.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.(John 3:16-19)

NYCmuslim
10-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Isn't there a verse in the bible were Jesus is on the cross and he cries to God saying "Why have you forsaken me?" What is that all about? According to Christians, I thought he wanted to be on the cross??

MadeenJibreel
10-19-2007, 01:30 PM

Peace
U forgot to make bold part of the verse where it says..one of those brought near.

So, not the only one, but one of those, one of those, one of (perhaps?) many? See, that doesn't make Jesus unique, peace upon him.

Keltoi
10-19-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NYCmuslim
Isn't there a verse in the bible were Jesus is on the cross and he cries to God saying "Why have you forsaken me?" What is that all about? According to Christians, I thought he wanted to be on the cross??
Wanted to be on the Cross? Wanted had nothing to do with it. It was the Will of God. As for what Christ meant by the verse, it has to do with Christ taking the sins of the world onto Himself. God did abandon Christ during His time on the Cross, as God will not look upon sin. David said the same thing when God's presence left him. In order to accept Christ's suffering as atonement for the sins of the world, God the Father withdrew His presence from Christ during His time on the Cross...perhaps before, we certainly don't know enough to say for certain. Anyway, that is the theological explanation, you don't have to believe it.

MadeenJibreel
10-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Wanted to be on the Cross? Wanted had nothing to do with it. It was the Will of God. As for what Christ meant by the verse, it has to do with Christ taking the sins of the world onto Himself. God did abandon Christ during His time on the Cross, as God will not look upon sin. David said the same thing when God's presence left him. In order to accept Christ's suffering as atonement for the sins of the world, God the Father withdrew His presence from Christ during His time on the Cross...perhaps before, we certainly don't know enough to say for certain. Anyway, that is the theological explanation, you don't have to believe it.
Tell me, is it OK then to go around killing people with machine guns (like it became a trend in america)? Just if you believe in Jesus (that he died on the cross for the sins of humanity as Christians believe)?

No matter what you do, he will save you?

Say you have 2 children (I'm paraphrasing what one of our Shaikhs said), 1 completely innocent and another one a little beast, who does all the evil. And when you come home and see the damage that the evil one did, you decide to beat your innocent child instead? Hmmmm. Please be truthful in your answer.

PS Do you think that's justice?

It's like, say, your neighbour's wife commits adultery, and you know about this, so you beat your own wife who did nothing? How come?

MadeenJibreel
10-20-2007, 11:28 AM
So Jesus didn't want to be on the cross...so he had to obey his "father". But that draws the following conclusions:

1. Jesus had no idea what so ever that the cross "is coming" (his knowledge wasn't ultimate)
2. Jesus' will and "his father's" will are 2 different wills showing we are talking about 2 different entities
3. Jesus had to obey "his alleged father", which means Jesus is not equal to "his father", which further means Jesus is a subordinate of "his alleged father"

So, is Jesus God the Creator or a bit less (at least this!) than God or just a normal human, a messenger of God the Creator? It's your call.

Hikmah
10-20-2007, 11:44 AM
U forgot to make bold part of the verse where it says..one of those brought near.

So, not the only one, but one of those, one of those, one of (perhaps?) many? See, that doesn't make Jesus unique, peace upon him.
I appreciate your eargerness to look at that particular word but you must check other translations that make it more clear.

Jesus, Son of Mary; high honored shall he be in this world and the next, near stationed to Allah. (Quran 3:45)

his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of those nearest to Allah"(Quran 3:45)

Anyways we are discussing about the virgin birth, ascension, sinless life,miracles, second coming which make him unique.

Peace

NoName55
10-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Tell me, is it OK then to go around killing people with machine guns (like it became a trend in america)? Just if you believe in Jesus (that he died on the cross for the sins of humanity as Christians believe)?

Say you have 2 children (I'm paraphrasing what one of our Shaikhs said), 1 completely innocent and another one a little beast, who does all the evil. And when you come home and see the damage that the evil one did, you decide to beat your innocent child instead? Hmmmm. Please be truthful in your answer.

It's like, say, your neighbour's wife commits adultery, and you know about this, so you beat your own wife who did nothing? How come?
:sl:

complete letter at

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...tml#post681799

Hikmah
10-20-2007, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NYCmuslim
Yes,he wanted to be on the cross that is the reason he came into this world. let me repeat what I said earlier,As per the bible, God the son takes human form for a specific purpose to save mankind from the Judgement of penalty of Sin. ie: Hell and death. He came to atone for the sins of mankind.when Jesus christ was on earth, he was Son of God in flesh.This union is described as hypostatic union -the union of divine and matter.But he limited himself in his divine nature and lived like a human being depending upon God the father and the holy spirit and yet without sin. Therefore you will find the human traits in Jesus like eating,drinking,sleeping,praying,crying on the cross "why have you forsaken me etc.At the same time you will find divine manifestations out of him. Finally he died and raised from the dead and ascended to heaven and will come back again to judge the living and dead.(Philippians 2:5-8).

In short,he was seperated for a while on the cross because he was taking our punishment,our sins, our place so that we can have eternal life in heaven.

MadeenJibreel
10-20-2007, 11:58 AM
I appreciate your eargerness to look at that particular word but you must check other translations that make it more clear.

Jesus, Son of Mary; high honored shall he be in this world and the next, near stationed to Allah. (Quran 3:45)

his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honor in this world and the Hereafter and of those nearest to Allah"(Quran 3:45)

Anyways we are discussing about the virgin birth, ascension, sinless life,miracles, second coming which make him unique.

Peace
So will all the messengers of Allah be honoured. That's doesn't make Jesus unique. I can probably find dozens of translations, but nowhere you will find that "Jesus is on the same level as Allah" (astaghfirullah!) as Christians would let us to believe.

Virgin birth? Jesus at least had a mother, Adam had no father and no mother, so Adam's birth/creation is a bit more unique.

Ascension? Everything is easy for Allah, but in case you don't know, a brother of Jesus, Muhammed, peace and blessing be upon them both, was shown some of the greatest signs of Allah. This journey is far more amazing than ascension of Jesus. Again, Jesus is not unique in this either.

Miracles? All messengers of Allah were given miracles, miracles of their own era they lived in. Again, Jesus is not unique.

Second coming? Perhaps one of the reasons for this might be to clear his name - to prove all those millions of people wrong who - by believing Jesus is the Lord - are committing a blasphemy against the One Who created them.

Keltoi
10-20-2007, 06:11 PM

Murder is against the Law of God, so obviously it is not okay to murder. I'm pretty sure you already understand this, but in the unlikely event that you don't, in order to achieve salvation one must accept Christ as Savior and follow the Law of God. There can't be one without the other.

MadeenJibreel
10-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Murder is against the Law of God, so obviously it is not okay to murder. I'm pretty sure you already understand this, but in the unlikely event that you don't, in order to achieve salvation one must accept Christ as Savior and follow the Law of God. There can't be one without the other.
I met Christians who believe it's ENOUGH to accept Jesus - end of story. Deeds - who needs them? Obviously as there are countless Christian sects and denominations it's not a surprise if the belief system is even more messed up.

Hikmah
10-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Salaam all freinds, Thankyou for those who participated and gave wonderful responses. learnt many things.:thumbs_up

God bless you all.

with prayer and hugs:X

Hikmah

Malaikah
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
That might have made a little sense if it weren't that Jesus was meant to be God in the first place...

Hikmah
10-23-2007, 04:50 AM
That might have made a little sense if it weren't that Jesus was meant to be God in the first place...
If Jesus christ would have been ONLY a mere human being, then, he could not have been the perfect, sinless, universal, pleasing, acceptable sacrifice for the sins of the world. he would have been just another person dying for his own sins.

But the good news is that he is divine in origin as the word of God ,spirit of God, Son of God, wisdom of God, Power of God etc for the salvation of all those who put their trust in him as their lord and savior. he is the perfect sacrifice and atonement for our sins.

Salvation is found in no one else (except Jesus), for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."(Acts 4:12)

NoName55
10-23-2007, 08:26 AM
hey

have you not done enough evangelizing yet?

is this not getting rather beyond a joke now?

we already Know who/what our Jesus is, and you have already told us about yours for the umpteenth time.

To summarize:
Our Jesus is Eesa ibn Mariam, A Prophet, messenger and Messiah.

Your Jesus is a god who cant make up his mind whether he wants to be a man or god, cant decide whether to forgive Adam or blame all humanity for his sin, then, milleniums later decides that he is not forgiving after all, he has to top himself as punishment for the offence committed by Adam.

Then all humanity is forgiven their sins but women who are afflicted with continuous punishment to this day [(must have a bad memory to forget things like that) or perhaps they are not counted as human?]

I or someone else will edit and add more later salam till then

Musalmaan
10-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Hello.

i just would like to know what do christian mean by "God"?
do christians believe that God has ability to do what He wills?

[after a v. lonnnnng time i came to this forum and caught attention from this thread :)]

MadeenJibreel
10-23-2007, 05:47 PM
If Jesus christ would have been ONLY a mere human being, then, he could not have been the perfect, sinless, universal, pleasing, acceptable sacrifice for the sins of the world. he would have been just another person dying for his own sins.

But the good news is that he is divine in origin as the word of God ,spirit of God, Son of God, wisdom of God, Power of God etc for the salvation of all those who put their trust in him as their lord and savior. he is the perfect sacrifice and atonement for our sins.

Salvation is found in no one else (except Jesus), for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."(Acts 4:12)
Hikmah, why are you avoiding my questions? If you were on the Truth, you would have no problems answering my questions. Like for example, how can God pray to himself? Or how can it be that God is afraid of people?

NoName55
10-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Hikmah, why are you avoiding my questions? If you were on the Truth, you would have no problems answering my questions. Like for example, how can God pray to himself? Or how can it be that God is afraid of people?
remember, me mentioning something about these preachers being, trained adults?

I neglected to mention was that evasion is one of top lessons in the training manual.

another one is to pick an unimportant line out of opponents post and harp on about that instead of answering any real questions, and once you have managed to wind them up, start screaming, play martyr and feign outrage at their lack of compassion for you, I might send you the whole list (authored by some Nazi) later wa salaam alaikum

MadeenJibreel
10-23-2007, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
remember, me mentioning something about these preachers being, trained adults?

I neglected to mention was that evasion is one of top lessons in the training manual.

another one is to pick an unimportant line out of opponents post and harp on about that instead of answering any real questions, and once you have managed to wind them up, start screaming, play martyr and feign outrage at their lack of compassion for you, I might send you the whole list (authored by some Nazi) later wa salaam alaikum
Don't worry akhi coz I am waiting for him and I can afford to wait much longer than he can afford to avoid me. The Truth is with us, elhamdulillah. Anybody who wants to accept it in his heart, has a chance until he's gone, coz after that it'll be too late, like it was for fir'awn.

Keltoi
11-01-2007, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musalmaan
Hello.

i just would like to know what do christian mean by "God"?
do christians believe that God has ability to do what He wills?

[after a v. lonnnnng time i came to this forum and caught attention from this thread :)]
Not sure what the point of your question is, but yes, Christians obviously believe God has the ability to do what He wills.

Talha777
11-04-2007, 08:27 PM
Assalamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

There is no question that Jesus (alaihi salam) was a great prophet, in fact he is the promised messiah. Sure he did many miracles, such as curing leprosy and raising people back from the dead, as well as having a virgin birth. And sure he was raised to the heavens, and will come down again. Does this mean he is superior to the Holy Prophet of Islam, Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam)? The answer is no.

The position of Islam is that there is no distinction between the prophets with regard to their truthfulness and authenticity of their claims and goodness of their deeds. However, there is a distinction among the prophets with regard to rank:

Those Messengers We endowed with gifts, some above others
(Al Baqarah 2.253)

The best of creation (Khayr-ul-Khalq) is Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam), who has many distinctive qualities, some mentioned in the Holy Quran and others in the Ahadeeth:

1. Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) is the Seal of the Prophets (Khatamun Nabiyeen):

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets
(Al Ahzab 33.40)

2. Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) is the Mercy for the Universe (Rahmatul Alameen)

We sent thee not, but as a mercy for all creatures
(Al Anbiya 21.107)

3. Prophet Muhammad is a Lamp which is spreading light (Sirajan Muneer)

And as one who invites to Allah's (grace) by His leave, and as a lamp spreading light.
(Al Ahzab 33.46)

These are all exclusive qualities of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) which no other prophet, including Jesus Christ (alaihi salam) possesses.

And this is confirmed in the ahadeeth as well:

"I shall be pre-eminent amongst the descendants of Adam on the Day of Resurrection and I will be the first intercessor and the first whose intercession will be accepted (by Allah)." (Sahih Muslim: Kitab Fazail)

In fact, on the Day of Resurrection, the people will go in crowds to other prophets, such as Adam (alaihi salam) and Jesus (alaihi salam) and ask them to intercede on their behalf, but these great prophets of God will say that they do not have the power to intercede, but only one such prophet has been given this right, and he is Muhammad Mustafa (The Chosen One) (Sallallahu alaihi wa salam).

And the miracles of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) are the greatest miracles which this world has ever witnessed:

The Hour (of Judgment) is nigh, and the moon is cleft asunder. But if they see a Sign, they turn away, and say, "This is (but) transient magic."
(Al Qamar 54.1-2)

These verses of the Holy Quran is referring to the great miracle and sign which Allah showed to the skeptics of Makka through Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu alaihi wa salam). The people of Makkah asked for a miracle or sign to confirm the truthfulness of the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam). So by the grace of Allah, he pointed to the moon and it split into two parts, both of them appeared over two different mountains and the people witnessed this sign of God. But these were a superstitious people, and when they saw such a manifest sign, they immediately claimed it was sorcery.

BUT IN THIS DAY AND AGE THE SKEPTICS DO NOT BELIEVE IN SORCERY, SO HOW DO THEY ACCOUNT FOR THE REJECTORS OF PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SALLALLAHU ALAIHI WA SALAM) CLAIMING THIS WELL DOCUMENTED HISTORICAL INCIDENT WAS "SORCERY"?

Truly something extraordinary and supernatural must have occured, otherwise the Prophet's detractors would not have claimed that what they saw was mere sorcery.

So in conclusion, I hope some of these incites into the Holy Quran will shatter to pieces the false illusion dishonestly made by Christians that Jesus Christ (alaihi salaam) is more exalted than the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salam). True Jesus Christ (alaihi salam) was given the power by Allah (not his own power) to physically raise the dead to life. This was a sign needed to inspire a supernatural people to submit to their Creator.

But the teachings of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) are also a miraculous sign, because his teachings also have life-giving powers, spiritual life that is, which is more important than physical life:

O ye who believe! give your response to Allah and His Messenger, when He calls you to that which will give you life
(Al Anfal 8.24)

Wa'lhamdulillahi Rabul Alameen (And All Praise Belongs to Allah, the Lord of all Existence)

AntiKarateKid
12-05-2007, 12:23 AM
Peace brother, we should not get into a debate about which prophet is better. Each was sent for their own purposes and prophethood is not a competition. The prophets have their roles given to them by Allah and we accept their unanimous monotheistic religion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.