/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Virus Program Anti-Jihad

snakelegs
10-15-2007, 04:53 AM
when i try to look at the jihad thread (in misc), my trend macro anti-virus program goes nuts. i get in rapid succession 4 warnings, one on top of the other. they say "dangerous - hacking/proxy/avoicance
close your browser and don't re-open."
i've never had that with any thread on this forum.
does anyone know what this is all about - does it mean someone has hacked that page?
as you can tell, i don't know much about this stuff.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
10-15-2007, 05:36 AM
lol.. I suppose it is an attempt to direct you to a Daniel pipe website by shutting down all else??
I never put it on google either without getting all sorts of Anti-Islamic anything first, from sina to pipe to the doom author to jihadwatch joe name it.. Anything but letting the Muslims explain.. so what is the point?... most days I give up..one day I put in as something as innocuous as a PE for sacrolilitis whose actual name I shall omitt from here, and got a thousand image to evil Muslims out to rob the world of its freedom fries it was funny..;D

peace!

NoName55
10-15-2007, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
when i try to look at the jihad thread (in misc), my trend macro anti-virus program goes nuts. i get in rapid succession 4 warnings, one on top of the other. they say "dangerous - hacking/proxy/avoicance
does anyone know what this is all about - does it mean someone has hacked that page?
could have been a banner ad in someones sig?

go here for help http://www.siteadvisor.com/

snakelegs
10-15-2007, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
lol.. I suppose it is an attempt to direct you to a Daniel pipe website by shutting down all else??
I never put it on google either without getting all sorts of Anti-Islamic anything first, from sina to pipe to the doom author to jihadwatch joe name it.. Anything but letting the Muslims explain.. so what is the point?... most days I give up..one day I put in as something as innocuous as a PE for sacrolilitis whose actual name I shall omitt from here, and got a thousand image to evil Muslims out to rob the world of its freedom fries it was funny..;D

peace!
;D i'm not really sure if it's because of the name of the thread (we've had other threads that had that word) or if that's a coincidence.
i'm going to check out the link noname gave.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
10-15-2007, 05:55 AM
thanks, noname. they said there was no problem with
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...749-jihad.html
maybe my anti-virus program is a bit hyper?
i didn't know if it meant that thread had been hacked or if someone could hack people who went to a specific url.
do you think i should worry about it, or should i go have some ice cream instead? :D

NoName55
10-15-2007, 05:59 AM
thanks, noname. they said there was no problem with
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...749-jihad.html
maybe my anti-virus program is a bit hyper?
i didn't know if it meant that thread had been hacked or if someone could hack people who went to a specific url.
do you think i should worry about it, or should i go have some ice cream instead? :D
somtimes I get the same warnings when crooked members put links to nasty sites in their signature, which take you there even when you think you are here

block them with SpywareBlaster 3.5.1

snakelegs
10-15-2007, 06:04 AM
can someone hack a specific page, and from there hack people's computers who use that page?

Ibn Al Aqwa
10-15-2007, 10:36 AM
can someone hack a specific page, and from there hack people's computers who use that page?

I think so yeh, you'll be amazed at what people can do with their commies

Woodrow
10-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I just disabled all of my antivirus, antispyware and popup blockers and went to the section to see if I could find anything odd. . I did a full sweep of my PC after and nothing malicious was detected.

I believe your Anti-virus program is calling the banner ad at the top of the section a threat. Sensitive rascal.

But, the best of my knowledge and in trying to find something malicious, I am not finding any problems.

shible
10-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Unless and until u get a pop-up ad or until u click on the available ad on the site ther is no way one could hack your PC

May be the Virus definitions updated may have a auto trigger where some words or combination of words are defined as threat to the PC and once ur anti-virus comes across those Phrases it automatically restricts the user from accessing the system.

This Happens according to the way the appln was developed.

snakelegs
10-15-2007, 06:28 PM
thanks, everyone, for your replies.
after running that http://www.siteadvisor.com/ from noname and seeing that they didn't detect anything, i decided to go have some icecream and then ignore the warnings and read the thread.
i just never ran in to that before. i guess trend micro virus has its own little jihads. :giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.