/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Warning Level

Ibn Al Aqwa
10-15-2007, 12:16 PM
:sl:

I've had so many posts deleted, im kinda wonderin now, how do you check your warning level?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
:salamext:

It should be in your user CP, or maybe somewhere in your profile to the left of your post.

Laa ilaaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minadh dhaalimeen...

pray this Insha'Allah :w:

Umm Yoosuf
10-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Wa Alaykumussalaam

It should be somewhere next to where your Reputation power, gender, way of life etc is by the way your waning level is 0.

sevgi
10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
u or me!!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sevgi
10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
i cant see mine???

Ibn Al Aqwa
10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Wa Alaykumussalaam

It should be somewhere next to where your Reputation power, gender, way of life etc is by the way your waning level is 0.

nah i dont see it anywhere

are you sure its 0 :ooh: no worries then

ill still like to know where it is though :X

Woodrow
10-15-2007, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Adam-
nah i dont see it anywhere

are you sure its 0 :ooh: no worries then

ill still like to know where it is though :X
You should see it on the left, just under your Reputation. I will now do a short test for you with an expiring warning. This warning will expire fast and is for test purpose only, it is not an actual warning.

sevgi
10-15-2007, 12:29 PM
so if u dnt have any warnings...it just wont show???

Ibn Al Aqwa
10-15-2007, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
You should see it on the left, just under your Reputation.
nope :omg:

Woodrow
10-15-2007, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
so if u dnt have any warnings...it just wont show???
Correct

10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
i thought it showed up in your user CP directly above your reps :?

Ibn Al Aqwa
10-15-2007, 12:47 PM
it might do but it depends on if you have any warnigs in the first place as i have recently learnt :D

Woodrow
10-15-2007, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
i thought it showed up in your user CP directly above your reps :?
You are correct. My error I thought the members could see them just under their avatar. I just tested that and now I see you are correct.

Pk_#2
10-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I think only mods can see the ones under our usernames and our's show up under our recent post and above rep comments and you know what.. they stay there even after they expired. weird :-\

Muhammad
10-15-2007, 03:16 PM

With the old system, warnings used to appear under a person's avatar like reputation. Now they will appear in a person's public profile. So if you click on your username, you will find any infractions (as they are now called) listed in your profile.

You will know if you receive any infractions as an automated message will be sent to you.

tomtomsmom
10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
I think it would be nice to see if others have "infractions". That way it would be easier to know the kind of poster you are talking with.

ISLAMASWEENEY
10-15-2007, 03:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Adam-

I've had so many posts deleted, im kinda wonderin now, how do you check your warning level?
yes brother it is not just you i have had at least 50 posts deleted and i have had 3 warnings about my behavior.

Muhammad
10-15-2007, 03:45 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
I think it would be nice to see if others have "infractions". That way it would be easier to know the kind of poster you are talking with.
That's an interesting reason, although then people might feel a bit exposed and might prefer their faults to be concealed.

tomtomsmom
10-15-2007, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings,

That's an interesting reason, although then people might feel a bit exposed and might prefer their faults to be concealed.
True, but it might also make people watch what they say more. Also it could help people in knowing if they should trust what a person says.

Muhammad
10-15-2007, 03:55 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
I have a question, once our warnings expire (:-[) How long does it take for any traces to disappear? It kinda bugs me to see past infractions given from like a year or so back.
They stay there permanently I'm afraid... it probably is annoying but they are quite harmless once they've expired :). Since they can only be seen by mods, it makes it less of a problem.

True, but it might also make people watch what they say more. Also it could help people in knowing if they should trust what a person says.
That could also be true. We'll have to give it some more thought - thanks for your suggestions!

Kittygyal
10-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Salamualikum.

Err... do i have any?.... im confused....:hmm:

where are they i can't see them.

Ma'assalama

Woodrow
10-15-2007, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Salamualikum.

Err... do i have any?.... im confused....:hmm:

where are they i can't see them.

Ma'assalama
:w:

You haver overloaded the system and there was no further room to display the count. The thing can not display numbers that contain over 24,000 digits.

No you do not have any. Honest, everybody that has any is aware of them.

Kittygyal
10-15-2007, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

You haver overloaded the system and there was no further room to display the count. The thing can not display numbers that contain over 24,000 digits.

No you do not have any. Honest, everybody that has any is aware of them.

Im soo innocent ... poor snowy :cry: Lol

Seriously for a second you got me scared there :phew

May Allaah guide you. Amin

Ma'assalama

10-17-2007, 02:40 PM
\"If a person conceals the weakness of another in this world, Allah will conceal their weakness in the hereafter\"

sevgi
10-17-2007, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
\"If a person conceals the weakness of another in this world, Allah will conceal their weakness in the hereafter\"
i'll rep that!

SirZubair
10-21-2007, 04:01 AM
If someone was handed a warning everytime their post was deleted, i would have been wiped off the face of the WWW. by now... :ooh:

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Greetings,

I am so tempted to reply to those two comments,.. but i'll proberly be handed more infractions.. :rolleyes:

I will comment on that one though.

There are times ( many many times ) when mods make errors and when they are questioned, infractions are handed out.

...can the mods always be trusted?

tomtomsmom
10-21-2007, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
If someone was handed a warning everytime their post was deleted, i would have been wiped off the face of the WWW. by now... :ooh:

I am so tempted to reply to those two comments,.. but i'll proberly be handed more infractions.. :rolleyes:

I will comment on that one though.

There are times ( many many times ) when mods make errors and when they are questioned, infractions are handed out.

...can the mods always be trusted?

I get posts deleted all the time and never get infractions for it. Yes the mods do make errors, they are human after all. But that is why we have supermods and admins. If you feel you have gotten and infraction that you shouldn't have then you always have the option of appealing to a higher person.

Maybe there is some type of system that could be used that you can know what type of post the infraction came from. Like if I know that a member has 5 infractions from posting in world affairs in the last 6 months, then I know better than to waste my time responding to one of their posts. That isn't so much of a big deal. But if they have infractions posting in the basics of Islam section then I would know to not really trust what they are saying about the topic. Make sense?

sevgi
10-21-2007, 02:50 PM
whats an infraction for? id nt think ive ever been issued one? or have i?

what is it?

tomtomsmom
10-21-2007, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
whats an infraction for? id nt think ive ever been issued one? or have i?

what is it?
If you had sis you would know it. You can get an infraction for directly breaking forum rules. Go read the rules section and you will see the details. Just having off-topic posts deleted doesn't usually get an infraction. Unless it is an on-going problem!

SirZubair
10-22-2007, 02:49 AM
First of all, i wanted to point out something that i found to be very interesting and funny at the same time.

I often recieve 'Good Reps' from Mods/Ex-Mods when i critcise the way this forum works, its silly rules and its hitler-style dictatorship. Why in the world am i one of the few people who openly say what they think? Is everyone afraid of being banned?

There is a saying out there, i am not a 100% on how it goes,.. its something like "One has the rights to govern as long as one respects those that one governs",.. that quote should be made a 'sticky' in the Mod/Admin section.

..just a suggestion.

And yeah, Mods/Ex-Mods, instead of 'Repping' me when i express how i feel about some of the things that happen on LI, please, for the love of Haqq, for the love of Almighty Allah, stand up for what you believe to be true. Don't sit back and keep quiet for the fear of being banned.

I get posts deleted all the time and never get infractions for it. Yes the mods do make errors, they are human after all. But that is why we have supermods and admins. If you feel you have gotten and infraction that you shouldn't have then you always have the option of appealing to a higher person.
And what do i do when someone such as Sidi Muhammed makes an error? When he gives me an infraction for expressing my disgust towards a Mod who has no hikma/wisdom, and when the mod does the same thing she is TOLD to apoligise to me? Where is the fairness in that?

For a Mod/Admin to make an error is ok? Why do members recieve infractions for making errors? Shouldn't mods have more Hikma/Wisdom than a simple member? Are only members accountable for what they express?

Maybe there is some type of system that could be used that you can know what type of post the infraction came from. Like if I know that a member has 5 infractions from posting in world affairs in the last 6 months, then I know better than to waste my time responding to one of their posts. That isn't so much of a big deal. But if they have infractions posting in the basics of Islam section then I would know to not really trust what they are saying about the topic. Make sense?
Yes, it makes sense tomtomsmom. But i do not agree with it.

Because if you look at my infractions, you'd proberly think that i am a non-muslim whose only intention is to spread articles on LI which will make other muslims deviate from Islam, when infact i am a muslim and my only intention is to spread the message of islam.

Just because Sidi Muhammed and Sidi Ahmed don't agree with the majority of the Scholars whose views i follow doesn't mean i am in error... but by looking at my infractions, it definetly looks like i am some devient.

...make sense?

tomtomsmom
10-22-2007, 01:13 PM
You have been here longer than I have. But in my time here I have never seen any of what you are speaking of, so I can't really comment on it. All of the Admins, SMods, and Mods have always been helpful and nice to me. Sorry you haven't had the same experience brother.

NoName55
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM

Muhammad
10-22-2007, 10:29 PM

Criticism can often be a very helpful thing, but unfortunately, it is rarely given constructively and with self-control. Criticism is useless unless the giver has a heart to help and change things. We do appreciate the concerns and opinions of members, but I do not understand why some people feel the need, at every opportunity possible, to malign the words and actions of moderators, to disparage the rules of the forum, to bring up the same old things that have been explained privately countless times, and all the while claim that their "only intention is to spread the message of Islam" and speak the "Haqq". It's not about speaking openly, rather it is about speaking with good manners and wisdom.

Moderators are human just like anyone else, and we openly admit that we are prone to making mistakes. No human can claim otherwise. But we don't "hand out infractions" when errors are made or when we are questioned. We hand them out when a person seeks to discredit and offend by openly complaining and protesting, especially when long-established members should be aware of such rules advising otherwise.

And when it comes to speaking the Haqq, as far as I know, we have not declared it to be "Haraam" on this forum. Rather we are here to promote it to the best of our ability. As Abdullah ibn Mas'ood said,
"Whoever comes with the truth, accept it from him even if he was distant and hated by you and whoever comes with falsehood, then reject it even if he was close and beloved to you."
By seeking the Haqq, we are not seeking the pleasure of anyone other than Allaah (swt). So whatever trial we must bear upon this path, we must remind ourselves to face it patiently, for there is no success in the displeasure of our Creator, and speaking the truth was never conditional on pleasing the people.

Let us put this issue at rest now and continuously ask Allaah (swt) for guidance and mercy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!