/* */

PDA

View Full Version : haram?

islamic_sister
10-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Hello,

Can someone please help me? I converted to islam a year ago, however i still have so many questions i need answered. I still find it hard to know exactly what is haram and what is not. does anyone know how i can find out?

thank u. :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
10-15-2007, 11:14 PM
u can read the translation of the quran and get some
hadeeth books like Sahih Bukhari and Muslim
inshaAllah if i find anything useful on the web
i'll try and post dem for u

Take Care :)

islamic_sister
10-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Thank you. If anyone can though, please write what you know that is haram, like a list, that would be very helpful. thank u.

snakelegs
10-15-2007, 11:22 PM
are you talking about foods?
if so, you might find this useful:
http://www.eat-halal.com/haram.shtml

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamic_sister
10-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Thank you for site. I mean generaly though, everything that is haram to do in life.

Na7lah
10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
lying, cheating, stealing, drinking wine, eating pork, zina, interest (riba)

islamic_sister
10-15-2007, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah421
lying, cheating, stealing, drinking wine, eating pork, zina, interest (riba)
what do mean by zina and riba?

Na7lah
10-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Zina: adultery
Riba: interest

snakelegs
10-15-2007, 11:42 PM
you might find this helpful
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...hariah/LSEZone
if you scroll down to "ask the scholar", you'll find a group of categories.
at least that will give you an idea.

al Amaanah
10-16-2007, 12:12 AM
does anyone know or has that hadith (if im not mistaking, correct me bi idhnillah) about everything in 3ibadah is haram until proven halal. And something else, I forgot it. maybe thats a bit useful. wallahu a3lam.

:w:

MadeenJibreel
10-16-2007, 01:36 AM
:w: sister,

here's the list of the major sins in Islam, however it is not a complete one, but could give you an idea.

01. Associating anything with Allah
02. Murder
03. Practising magic
04. Not Praying
05. Not paying Zakat
06. Not fasting on a Day of Ramadan without excuse
07. Not performing Hajj, while being able to do so
08. Disrespect to parents
09. Abandoning relatives
10. Fornication and Adultery
11. Homosexuality(sodomy)
12. Interest(Riba)
13. Wrongfully consuming the property of an orphan
14. Lying about Allah and His Messenger
15. Running away from the battlefield
16. A leader's deceiving his people and being unjust to them
17. Pride and arrogance
18. Bearing false witness
19. Drinking Khamr (wine)
20. Gambling
21. Slandering chaste women
22. Stealing from the spoils of war
23. Stealing
24. Highway Robbery
25. Taking false oath
26. Oppression
27. Illegal gain
28. Consuming wealth acquired unlawfully
29. Committing suicide
30. Frequent lying
31. Judging unjustly
32. Giving and Accepting bribes
33. Woman's imitating man and man's imitating woman
34. Being cuckold
35. Marrying a divorced woman in order to make her lawful for the husband
36. Not protecting oneself from urine
37. Showing-off
38. Learning knowledge of the religion for the sake of this world and concealing that knowledge
39. Bertrayal of trust
40. Recounting favours
41. Denying Allah's Decree
42. Listening (to) people's private conversations
43. Carrying tales
44. Cursing
45. Breaking contracts
46. Believing in fortune-tellers and astrologers
47. A woman's bad conduct towards her husband
48. Making statues and pictures
49. Lamenting, wailing, tearing the clothing, and doing other things of this sort when an affliction befalls
50. Treating others unjustly
51. Overbearing conduct toward the wife, the servant, the weak, and animals
52. Offending one's neighbour
53. Offending and abusing Muslims
54. Offending people and having an arrogant attitude toward them
55. Trailing one's garment in pride
56. Men's wearing silk and gold
57. A slave's running away from his master
58. Slaughtering an animal which has been dedicated to anyone other than Allah
59. To knowingly ascribe one's paternity to a father other than one's own
60. Arguing and disputing violently
61. Witholding excess water
62. Giving short weight or measure
63. Feeling secure from Allah's Plan
64. Offending Allah's righteous friends
65. Not praying in congregation but praying alone without an excuse
66. Persistently missing Friday Prayers without any excuse
67. Unsurping the rights of the heir through bequests
68. Deceiving and plotting evil
69. Spying for the enemy of the Muslims
70. Cursing or insulting any of the Companiions of Allah's Messenger

MadeenJibreel
10-16-2007, 01:39 AM
:sl:

when one's heart feels "heavy", "uncomfortable", ... then this is a sign that a bad deed might have been committed. In general, everything that has not been explicitly forbidden is lawful.

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Thank you for that list, it was helpful :)

Caller الداعي
10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
i am very happy about ur embracing islam and i pray to Allah to give u success and steadfastness in this world and the next.....it would be better if u get incontact with a learned person and try to learn the basics from them coz really u know here ur just gonna get opinions which may confuse u....

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 10:36 AM
thats the problem though :(..opinions. thts what i get in real life. i ask a question..heres an example...hair..is it haram for it to be dyed black? one person says yes..one person says no,..and one person says mabe....its very hard for me to know what the right thing to do it and to be quite honest its scary for me. :(

Caller الداعي
10-16-2007, 10:46 AM
u should get in contact with a scholar...... i have been studying myself for quiet a few years now in an islamic university and what ive seen in these forums where people give their opinions abt islam is very scary i mean have we left the scholars and gone to professor internet!!!! who has anytype of answer to suit good and bad!!

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 10:49 AM
I dont know where i can find a female though,someone to sit with me and answer all my questions.

Caller الداعي
10-16-2007, 10:50 AM
well where do u live in uk? i know ppl i could contact and try to sort out something for u...

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 10:54 AM
I dont live in the uk ne more actually...i live in dubai, have done so for 10 years...:):):) But i am british...scottish actually :)

Caller الداعي
10-16-2007, 11:00 AM
i c ...i dont know many ppl in dubai i mean learned ppl... i will try to find an email of a good learned lady...

Kittygyal
10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Salamualikum

Aww all have been posted me thinks, anywho sis need help im here give Snowy a shout :)

Ma'assalama

cute123
10-17-2007, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
I dont live in the uk ne more actually...i live in dubai, have done so for 10 years...:):):) But i am british...scottish actually :)

I am also in dubai but not very learned. Still any sought of help most welcome

Malaikah
10-17-2007, 07:37 AM

Congratulations on becoming Muslim! :)

Here is a good e-book about lots of different stuff that are haram:
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg...&article_id=10

Just don't over whelm yourself!!

Ghira
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
I suggest sister that you find what is haram and halal and that is very essential. Now, Alhumdulilah you are a Muslim now. You need to practice what you know. First, I would say strenghten your iman (faith) by knowing who your Creator is and who His Messenger is (saw). This will help you to develop a love for Islam. Also you would develop fear of God's punishment and a hope for God's mercy. Of course God's mercy prevails his wrath. You can learn about the God and Messenger Muhammad (saw) in many different ways...Through lectures, books, mosque, forums....The absolutely best way to know your Creator is to read the revelation sent down to all of mankind, the Qur'an. The translation can give you a really good general idea. By far the best translation according to me and many other scholars is Muhsin Khan hands down (can be found at www.quranexplorer.com) . Remember when reading that it is only a translation and some vague verses needs to explained by a reputable scholar or local Imam. There is books called tafsir that explain the quran, and most notable one by majority is tafsir Ibn Kathir. I would say pray for increase in knowledge, faith and the righteous actions are sure to follow.

There is hadith..scholars call it Ummul Hadith (Mother of hadiths)
In the Hadith of Omar Ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him), Angel Jibril (saw) came to the prophet (saw) in the appearance of a traveler. He sat in front of him like a student seated in front of his teacher. He started asking the prophet (saw): "Tell me what Islam is." The prophet (pbuh) told him about the five pillars of Islam (Shahada, Prayer, Zakat, Fasting, Hajj). Then the "visitor" asked: "Tell me what Iman (belief) is." The prophet (pbuh) answered: "Iman is to believe in Allah, his angels, his scriptures, his messengers, the Last Day and destiny." And the companions asked who the person was and Prophet (saw) replied that was Angel Gabriel teaching you the deen.

Islamic scholars have said that Imaan (faith) is a statement made by the tongue which permeates to the hearts and transforms to the body and limbs.

I can easily give a list of do's and don't but in order to establish a strong base you need to know now first why we do these things and what is the result of doing these things. You need to read and establish strong belief.

When it comes to halal and haram, I always remind myself about one thing. The haram can be a made into a list of things not to do...Everything that was not stated to be haram is halal for us to enjoy. That makes halal things for us endless why not enjoy the halal things in life and avoid that list of haram things that will harmful us.

Visit these sites

www.islam-guide.com (excellent booklet)
www.shareislam.com
www.islamtomorrow.com
www.harunyahya.com

islamic_sister
10-17-2007, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh

I am also in dubai but not very learned. Still any sought of help most welcome

Are you a dubai national? or a muslim revert? thx.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.