/* */

PDA

View Full Version : parents?

islamic_sister
10-15-2007, 10:48 PM
hi,

Does anyone know what to do when you are muslim and ur parents arent? What are we supposed to do? especialy wen it comes to their celebrations? Also when they dont understand, how do u deal with this?

thank u

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caller الداعي
10-16-2007, 11:07 AM
:sl: again
in islam we must treat parents with the highest respect(i.e keep em happy always) and listen to them in everything except in disobedience to Allah....wether they r muslim or not..
best thing to do is to show them a practical way of islam and how islam brings out the best in a person....

Kittygyal
10-16-2007, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
hi,

Does anyone know what to do when you are muslim and ur parents arent? What are we supposed to do? especialy wen it comes to their celebrations? Also when they dont understand, how do u deal with this?

thank u
:sl:

I know what to do sister.

Celebrations - what i do is maybe give presents to me little chunkie pies (Nephews/neices) and then maybe have something which is mainly Candies or pull a red bull can out of fridge and knock it back down. When me relatives or family ask me to eat or have a pint i simply say nah inabit or sometimes i say im full. Don't drink with them or eat any Haram food, stay firmly away from that...always make an excuse for it

Do dua'ah for them sister best thing ever.

Ma'assalama

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 09:34 PM
thank you for the help :). but wot do u do wen it comes to christmas for them?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 09:39 PM
thank you for the help :). but wot do u do wen it comes to christmas for them?

When it comes for Christmas.. Obviously i can't avoid getting presents nor giving presents, so i gave and get.. I can never neglect a present :X

About the food, i always stay away from it and tend to just get a pop out of fridge or have some candies (candies are ma favourite tho :hiding:)
I always stay away from drinking, but it does come to a point where i do want it sometimes:cry:... i know this is bad but i stay away from it...

I don't celebrate Christmas as i would as a Christain obviously but i do Celebrate in away to make my nephews/neices happy by giving them pressies.

Get me?

But it's hard but gotcha be done init.

Ma'assalama

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:13 PM
does your family know that you are muslim now?

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 10:18 PM
does your family know that you are muslim now?

Well as i don't have a Mom nor a Pa. Ofcourse my eldest brother knows but he still neglects some parts of Islam and the rulings. Atleast he's letting me be a Muslim thats main point but not everything that counts to be a Muslim. Im hiding some things from him like food,celebration,outfit etc etc...
He gets angry very quickly and at times he does say to me 'Blah Blah (Swears)..stop acting like a Muslim .... (All these swears he says to me) But i forgive him.

May Allaah guide him. Amin :cry:

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.