/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help with taa marboota

Ummu Sufyaan
10-16-2007, 01:10 AM
:sl:
basically i need help with the rules of taa marboota.
this is what i know so far: It never comes at the end of a verb, only at the end on nouns. there are about 4 classes of them (I dont remeber them).
i need help with though, how do i know that it is a taa marboota, not maftooha in wrting and speech. so if i was to write the word al-malaa2ka and was to add some words after it, thus forcing me to pronounce the taa marboota at the end of the word al-malaa2ka, how do i kow its not a taa maftooha?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
10-17-2007, 04:45 AM
for the word al-malaa2kah......notice how you pronunce it at the end,
it is the same like:
al-malaa2kah الملائكة
ketabah كتابة
qira'ah قراءة
salamah سلامة

while if it is taa maftooha, it will be:
hasanat حسنات
barakat بركات
samawat سماوات

for the pronucation, you will fid yourself saying like (ah) at the end of the word that need taa marboota.
I dont know how to say it, you have to listen it from someone saying it (ah):sunny:

hope this help, and I dont cofuse you more sis :sunny:

Ummu Sufyaan
10-17-2007, 07:10 AM
no, jaakallahu khair, thats very helpful actually. but im wondering another thing, when a word ends with the (ah) sound, how do i know that it taa marboota, and not a haa with a fathah on it?

10-17-2007, 12:40 PM
because a haa with a fatha on it would have a (ha) sound instead of (ah)

and if it had the other haa at the end of the word eg miftaah, then you would tell by the pronunciation... the (aah) at the end would have a softer sound

hope that helps:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
10-17-2007, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
no, jaakallahu khair, thats very helpful actually. but im wondering another thing, when a word ends with the (ah) sound, how do i know that it taa marboota, and not a haa with a fathah on it?
Okay I can explain that more but I hope it can help.

that based on the word after the (taa maftooha or marboota).
actually if this word (be like mothaf elaih{that is in grammer}) is follwed by another word you will find it by pronoucation that you have to say it like:
malaekat al rahman : ملائكة الرحمن
qira'at al quran : قراءة القرآن
you will find yourself say at the end of the word (taa)

I am sorry if I cant explain it well, because things what comes naturaly to your mind when you are speaking are different than write things in words.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
because a haa with a fatha on it would have a (ha) sound instead of (ah)

and if it had the other haa at the end of the word eg miftaah, then you would tell by the pronunciation... the (aah) at the end would have a softer sound

hope that helps:)
no, that helps, jazakallahu khair.

malaekat al rahman : ملائكة الرحمن
qira'at al quran : قراءة القرآن
you will find yourself say at the end of the word (taa)
sis, saya, how do i know though, that that is a taa marboota, not maftooha, taking into consideration that it will be pronounced the same when another word follows. does that make sense?

I am sorry if I cant explain it well, because things what comes naturaly to your mind when you are speaking are different than write things in words.
lol. i know what exactly you mean.

Danah
10-18-2007, 05:33 AM
sis, saya, how do i know though, that that is a taa marboota, not maftooha, taking into consideration that it will be pronounced the same when another word follows. does that make sense?
immmm... actually for me, this is doneby more arabic reading (I mean by practicing the language).
it is the same case like when we are studying (in, on , at) the preposition, it is done by practicing.
sorry if that does not help you. but they are same in the pronuncation like you said I guess

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!