/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Christian

abu_hurriya
10-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Hello everybody.

I'm a student in college who has done much reflection and is looking to Islam for guidance. I hope you can help me with some of the more difficult elements of Islam for somebody from the west.

Right now, I am doing a comparison of Islam and Christianity. I'm trying to get through the Quran (in Arabic!) and the Bible as best I can with an English translation.

Hopefully I can help you all as well!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
believer
10-16-2007, 10:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abu_hurriya
Hello everybody.

I'm a student in college who has done much reflection and is looking to Islam for guidance. I hope you can help me with some of the more difficult elements of Islam for somebody from the west.

Right now, I am doing a comparison of Islam and Christianity. I'm trying to get through the Quran (in Arabic!) and the Bible as best I can with an English translation.

Welcome and Salaam to you!:statisfie

I have been where you are right now... but you are much more lucky to have an early start. Before I read the Qur'an in depth... I was already immersed with the Bible... in my experience - I have apreciated the Qur'an and Islam more in the process I have been. It's like - being able to appreciate light by when you have been in total darkness for so long.

May you benefit much in these forums....

Take care and also - keep praying for guidance.

UmmSqueakster
10-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Welcome! There are many posters here who live in the west, and quite a few (such as myself) who are western converts to islam. Hopefully we can help to muddle through things from a western point of view.

I started to explore Islam in college, so I guess you could say I've been there, done that :statisfie

Kittygyal
10-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]

Al_Imaan
10-18-2007, 02:04 AM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay.

MustafaMc
10-18-2007, 03:39 AM
Welcome to the forum. God willing, you will receive accurate answers to the questions that you have about Islam. I believe that you will find a lot of similarity between Christianity and Islam, but at the same time fundamental differences.

*~Sofia~*
10-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Salam

welcome to the forums.. i hope u have a beneficial stay inshallah.

Explore, enjoy and get posting!

Any questions? jus ask away inshallah

w'salam

Abdul-Raouf
10-18-2007, 09:16 AM

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-18-2007, 07:45 PM

Grace Seeker
10-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Hello everybody.

Welcome!!

You say that you are reading the Qu'ran in Arabic and the Bible "as best you can" in English. What is your native tongue?

In another thread you mentioned being a Christian and a member of a denomination that does not require baptism, what denomination are you a member of?

islamic_sister
10-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Welcome :)

abu_hurriya
10-23-2007, 09:33 AM
English is my native tongue, but being written in Greek, the bible is not best read in english.

i am a member of the evangelical free church of america.

Kittygyal
10-23-2007, 10:39 AM
i am a member of the evangelical free church of america.

Really??? Since when man?

Strzelecki
10-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Salam.
Welcome to LI, abu_hurriya!
I hope you can help me with some of the more difficult elements of Islam for somebody from the west.
As a revert in the "west" [Although, personally I don't believe in the whole eastern/western thing] I've found the only difficulties are from certain people [ie. Closed minded, or with the wrong idea of what Islam is] rather than society itself.

Enjoy. :)

Kittygyal
10-23-2007, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
As a revert in the "west" [Although, personally I don't believe in the whole eastern/western thing] I've found the only difficulties are from certain people [ie. Closed minded, or with the wrong idea of what Islam is] rather than society itself.

:sl:
Well said man! :thumbs_up

abu_hurriya
10-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Really??? Since when man?
since i was about 12. i accepted Jesus as my personal lord and savior, as we say.

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 01:13 PM
since i was about 12. i accepted Jesus as my personal lord and savior, as we say.
Good for you.

How come you got -2 rep power ha? :eek:

abu_hurriya
10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
How come you got -2 rep power ha?
Looks like i've made some enemies already! :D

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I beg ya pardon?

I never give you it for sure, i aint got no enemies :shade:

'I respect, we respect'

believer
10-25-2007, 05:19 AM
Hello....

please try not to even entertain the thought of having enemies if it's not really what you are expecting.

Real Muslims will see you as a Brother since you are the closest to our religion... and this is not a human idea... it's written in the Qur'an... God Himself said it.

So again... please feel at home and - don't ever think you will be making enemies here bro.

discussions are meant to enrich everyones knowledge and improve everyones character.

Welcome again,

from a former Christian.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.