/* */

PDA

View Full Version : magic haram

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
:? hey there,

i know that magic is haram. but how haram is it? is it haram to watch magic being done like on tv and in books and things like that?

thanks.:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Assalaamu alaykum sister,

Magic is not only haram it is kufr (disbelief)

Taken from the book, 'Things That Nullify One's Islaam' by Shaykh al-Islaam Muhammad ibn 'Abdil Wahhaab [Explained by the Noble Scholar Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan Including 33 Questions and Answers]

Question: What is the ruling on someone watching magicians perform if he does not believe in what the magician is doing?

Answer: This is the case of a person being pleased with an evil thing.

Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, may Allaah preserve him, said, "Whoever is pleased with an act of disbelief, then he himself has disbelieved, since the believer is pleased with disbelief" [Duroos fee Sharh Nawaaqidh al-Islaam, p.146]

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 02:42 PM
ok...so is an illusionist haram? like to read minds is it haram? to "float" is it haram? is it haram to learn to use the mind in a way that can for example move things? or to read someones mind?

Caller الداعي
10-16-2007, 03:00 PM
:sl:
magic is haram coz mainly it involves calling upon evil jinn and performing sacrifices for them and also is used to harm others and to control ppl which is not allaowed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nocturne
10-16-2007, 05:10 PM
does black magic even work??

I was under the impression that these things wont work and we will be well protected by allah

aadil77
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne

I was under the impression that these things wont work and we will be well protected by allah
It does work as it even affected the Prophet Muhammad (saw) during his time, it is the act of the shaytaan and you can protect yourself by praying the 3 Quls before sleep

nocturne
10-16-2007, 05:23 PM
3 Quls?

They used to say that my aunt was cursed by black-magic and that's why she passed away. I wouldnt believe that as i thought it was rubbish really and still do..

Camomilla
10-16-2007, 05:45 PM
so...little kids who watch cartoons like DRAGON BALL Z, where they use "power" and kids like thouse stuff, does that mean they are pleased with disbelief?
Is "power"same as magic?

Nabooly
10-17-2007, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturne

No, its mathkoor bil Quraan that magic and jinn are real.

My uncle sat me down one day and explained it all to me :D

But i wasnt aware that what chris angel and the other guy are doing are illusions, aslan whats the difference bayn magic and illusion? The guy says he can make people float, how is that an illusion?

MadeenJibreel
10-17-2007, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
:sl:

I don't think illusions and tricks are haraam, :shade:

but black magic is definately haraam:Evil: , which is basically calling on the shaytaan and jinns to create misfortune on others - I think
:w:

making illusions to trick people is pretty much the same as lying to people. I'm not going into this analogy, but it's clear enough. Perhaps if we see illusionists from this corner, it might sound what they do as haram?

islamic_sister
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
sooo..im confused here as too many opinions...would u say that illusionist are haram..or not? thanks...:S

Umu 'Isa
10-18-2007, 02:37 AM
:salamext: brothers and sisters,
Please refrain from posting any opinions about the matter without sound evidence from the Qur'an and/or Sunnah. This is a serious issue and if you keep talking from your own opinions you could confusing people and making what is haram, halal astaghfirullah!

To answer your question islamic_sister, yes illusionary magic is haram.

Illusionary magic, is when things are manipulated in a way that causes someone to think that what he sees is actually that way, while it is not true.

Illusionary magic are like fake tricks that have no truth in them, and they are like the magic of Fir'awn's (Pharoah's) magicians. Allaah, the Most High, has said:

"He (Moosa) was made to believe from their magic that they (the magicians' sticks) were (snakes) moving about" [Qur'an 20:66]

And Allaah, the Most High, has said:

"The put magic on the eyes of the people and sought to frighten them." [Qur'an 7:116]

[Even illusionary magic can be considered disbelief in Allaah. Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, may Allaah preserve him, says in his book, Duroos Fee Sharh Nawaaqidh al-Islaam (p.146-147)

Jundub ibn Ka'b, the Companion, killed a magician in the presence of one of the governors of Banee Umayyah. He came and found the magician playing games in front of the governor, pretending to kill a person and then bring him back to life by cutting off his head and then replacing it. This is kind of illusionary magic. He was trying to convince the people that he was killing him and putting his head back upon his shoulders. He did not actually do anything, he was only tricking the people with an illusion. So Jundub went up to him and struck him with his sword until he chopped his head off, and said, "If he was truthful, then let him bring himself back to life"

Ibn 'Abdil-Barr (may Allaah have Mercy on him) mentioned that the governor was al-Waleed ibn 'Uqbah (may Allaah be pleased with him) and that he arrested Jundub for this action and wrote to the khaleefah 'Uthmaan ibn 'Affaan (may Allaah be pleased with him) about what happened. 'Uthmaan the ordered him to be released and he was. (Alistee'aab, p.113)]
Taken from the book, 'Things That Nullify One's Islaam' by Shaykh al-Islaam Muhammad ibn 'Abdil Wahhaab [Explained by the Noble Scholar Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan Including 33 Questions and Answers]

- Qatada -
10-18-2007, 01:55 PM
:salamext:

Islamonline.net - Magic And Jinn

IslamToday - Jinn & Magic

Belief in the Jinn, witchcraft and the evil eye

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.