/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sheila.

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 02:35 PM
This is for the girls...

For those of you who became a muslim..how was it for you when you started covering your hair for the first time? did you find it easy or hard?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Salamualikum.

It was hard at first because i never used to cover my hair when i was a Christain.. i suddenly changed my self after i met an Aalimah who actualy give me a 3-5mins lecture about not covering hair and the outfit of what i wear and stuff and that really got to me and next morning my Aalimah bought for me some hijabs and i couldn't wear one at first as my brothers don't allow me to and walahi i used to wear my hijab at night when i used to go asleep, hide and wear it. Now i don't have to do that i wear hijab and Jubbah when i go out... At home i don't always wear hijab but i do wear it when i go out.

Alhamdulilah anything can be done when you want to, Nothing is easy at first but if you have the intention then you can do anything to grasp it.. If you can't do that then you will be left with nothing.. everything is set for a reason to be hard at first.. like to get in Janah it well hard but we have to strive for taqwah tho were not going to give up because percilsy we don't want our self to go in Hell so same thing for hijab push your self to wear one and it is difficult to handle one but wear not a big one nor a small one just right size and insha'Allaah everythign will be fine.

As a muslim women we sould all try our best to cover our self infront of ghr-Mehram

May Allaah guide us all. Amin

Ma'assalama

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 04:51 PM
do you live in an islamic country? or if you live in a non islamic country do u find it harder?

Kittygyal
10-16-2007, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
do you live in an islamic country? or if you live in a non islamic country do u find it harder?
:sl:

Hell no sister, wish i did :cry:... Im currently at Uk but im originally from USA (Chicago)

Well sister if i did live in an Islamic country it maybe easy for me as other might wear the hijab and jubbah aswel.. i haven't experienced or went to an Islamic country so i don't have any clue at all without experiencing it first so Allaah Hu Alim.
Although sister it was hard for me in Uk where im at now because people do stare at me and do give me daggers, worse thing they ignore my 'salam' so i don't give it anymore unless they give it. I do always get started as if they never seen a muslimah revert in life with a hijab and jubbah on but can't do anything about that :cry: i do wear a Jubbah and hijab.. im covered from top to bottom but Allaah Hu Alim...

Like i said before it was hard for me to wear hijab at first as i was new at hijab and it was sophiscating for me, im still finding it hard but NEVER going to give up insha'Allaah

May Allaah guide us all Amin

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Wow i have to say thats amazing!! Im british but i moved to an islamic country (dubai) so it makes it much easier for me to be muslim because im surrounded by them. Its amazing that you can cover youself in the uk :)

how long have you been a muslim?

Kittygyal
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
Wow i have to say thats amazing!! Im british but i moved to an islamic country (dubai) so it makes it much easier for me to be muslim because im surrounded by them. Its amazing that you can cover youself in the uk :)

how long have you been a muslim?
:sl:

Oh Masha'Allaah, i'd would love to move to an Islamic country.. one day maybe insha'Allaah :statisfie
Yes i cover my self as a Muslimah should. Intentions always count.

It's been around 5half years Alhamdulilah but i did leave the understanding of Islam a while back which was a shame and now Alhamdulilah i know the vast improvement within myself now. Alhamdulilah

I g2g sister now.

Catch ya later insha'Allaah

May Allaah guide us all. Amin

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!