/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what is...?

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 07:04 PM
What has been the hardest thing for those of you who became a muslim?..if anything?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
10-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Salamualikum.

May i ask are you a revert or doing some kinda Poll for some work?

Well the hardest thing for me is striving for Taqwah and still is, also striving my self to get in Janah and ask for forgivness from Allaah for all my wrong doings.. and also the hijab,Jubbah and modest clothes is tuff.. and reading Qura'an correctly {as i have a lisp it's terrible :cry:) but im getting there...

Ma'assalama

islamic_sister
10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Im a revert...y do u ask?

Kittygyal
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
Im a revert...y do u ask?
:sl:
Masha'Allaah, Just asking sister.. because i was just curious why you asked the question. No problem hun :)

May Allaah guide us. Amin

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-16-2007, 07:34 PM
the hardest thing is kicking the bad habits, i wont be specific on which one, but ive found that attending the masjid 5 times a day helps kick any bad habit... a HUGE help...

Nicro
10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Arabic.

believer
10-18-2007, 10:46 AM
What has been the hardest thing for those of you who became a muslim?..if anything?
The first 7 months....

Strzelecki
10-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Trying not to overwhelm or stress myself out.

My friends are being soo supportive, I love them all soo sooo much. But, my family aren't going to take it so well. It scares me heaps. I didn't know they'd be so hostile towards Islam until recent weeks when I have brought it up in conversation. I don't know what I'm going to do.
But, Allah Aalam.
InshaAllah everything will work out.

aligzander
10-18-2007, 04:21 PM

For me fasting.

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Why has no1 deleted this picture yet? moderator please can you delete that picture now??

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 09:29 PM
^ Sis lets just wait, until the super blue mods be online to delet posts as the other mods don't have authority, but they have been banned forever.

جوري
10-20-2007, 09:30 PM
pix removed.. no further comments to have them removed necessary!

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 09:51 PM
why r people using rude language here? :S

amani1988
10-25-2007, 08:09 AM
i'm not a new muslim but if u wanna something , u will get it :)

sojourner
11-03-2007, 03:49 AM
For me, learning how and when to pray as well as getting over previous theological conclusions i held as a christian.

MuslimahBarb
11-03-2007, 01:00 PM
For me it was learning the arabic for the prayers. I knew the positions of prayer from watching my husband pray. It was the arabic that gave me the biggest problem but, we had a small laminated prayer card that I kept with me and studied over it every chance I got and it helped alot. :happy: To a lesser degree the fasting. I had never really fasted since there is no prescribed fasting in Christianity.

Salam
Barb

muslim1
11-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Thank you for the good question. I hope it helps people alot. :thumbs_up

Would you please tell us about your hardest thing?:?

jouju
11-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Am glad u've overcome your probs

muslimahsays_hi
11-17-2007, 01:00 AM
having doubts, going back to my old religion (wicca) because i am comfortable with it and familiar.

Noor 13
11-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Salam alaykom
For me the hardest things was telling my parents especially my mom. But alhamdullilah after facing quite a few difficulties with them they now accepted who I am.

------
11-23-2007, 01:28 PM
:salamext:

Subhaan Allaah :D That's kool

The hardest thing is giving up music....

Woodrow
11-23-2007, 01:32 PM
trying to figure out why it took me 65 years to revert.

InToTheRain
11-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Understanding and realising where culture has superceded the Qur'an and Sunnah. Getting rid of the curtural aspects whithin family & friends which have no place in Qur'an and Sunnah...

jouju
11-26-2007, 04:17 AM
my sincere hopes n prayers that ul ol overcome ur problems

MustafaMc
11-26-2007, 04:46 AM
The hardest part for me was to overcome the natural inclination to associate with others with a similar appearance, background and personal heritage as my own. I have encountered very few Caucasian American Muslims.

syilla
11-26-2007, 07:11 AM

I just realised that my friend usually get confused and stressed out when she came living in malaysia.

i guess she easily get confused when she is near the non-practising muslim (showing off as if they are doing the right thing) and comparing it to the things that she learned.

Once her employer told/teached her differently on how to practise islam and told her off that she is doing it the wrong way.

My advice is don't let the others make you feel down. You are different than the others, they can't be like you and you can't be like them. Just be who you are but never forget to improve yourself islamically.

yashal
11-26-2007, 07:20 AM
non-muslim community

Camomilla
11-26-2007, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=syilla;872154
My advice is don't let the others make you feel down. You are different than the others, they can't be like you and you can't be like them. Just be who you are but never forget to improve yourself islamically.[/QUOTE]

absolutely true :thumbs_up
Alhamdulillah, I didn't know that there were many reverts on this forum:smile:
I hope that Allah(SWT) will guide us to the right path.

yashal
11-26-2007, 08:32 AM
i am born muslim ALHAMDULILLAH

------
11-26-2007, 11:23 AM

^^^ Alhamdulillah...Only problem is, some born Muslims take that for granted :mmokay:

Camomilla
11-26-2007, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yashal
i am born muslim ALHAMDULILLAH
me too!^

Camomilla
11-26-2007, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

^^^ Alhamdulillah...Only problem is, some born Muslims take that for granted :mmokay:
yeah, I know what you mean...:(

yashal
11-27-2007, 05:05 AM
well..........?

Jayda
11-27-2007, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
The hardest part for me was to overcome the natural inclination to associate with others with a similar appearance, background and personal heritage as my own. I have encountered very few Caucasian American Muslims.
hola MustafaMc,

that is an interesting point about associations. i naturally assume other latinos are roman catholic, but i met a pentacostal latino in texas once. it was very strange, i felt a little bit like they had betrayed their heritage... which is wrong of me to think about somebody but it was my natural reaction... i imagine many people consider you strange for being a muslim.

que Dios te bendiga

muslim1
11-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Salam guys,

I couldnt but help to record my admiration to you all reverts. You all have to be thankful to Allah who guided you to the light and right path.

You have overcome so tough obstacles with the help of Allah the Almighty.

I wish you all hold to that path till the day you are heavenily rewarded. :happy:

muslim1
11-30-2007, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola MustafaMc,

that is an interesting point about associations. i naturally assume other latinos are roman catholic, but i met a pentacostal latino in texas once. it was very strange, i felt a little bit like they had betrayed their heritage... which is wrong of me to think about somebody but it was my natural reaction... i imagine many people consider you strange for being a muslim.

que Dios te bendiga
I wouldnt call him strange, I would call him different on the right ground.

The point is not to imitate others but to go on the right path, however different or strange in the eyes of others!
:okay:

muslimahsays_hi
11-30-2007, 12:37 PM
its true not to try to imitate others, but sometimes its hard when you work a 9-5 job in an unislamic environment. it's hard to not go to party's where you mix freely with the opposite sex etc to move up in the place you work. Its a double edged sword sometimes, especially when you are new to Islam as I still am, and my coworkers have known me before I reverted. makes it a little harder.

muslim1
12-07-2007, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimahsays_hi
its true not to try to imitate others, but sometimes its hard when you work a 9-5 job in an unislamic environment. it's hard to not go to party's where you mix freely with the opposite sex etc to move up in the place you work. Its a double edged sword sometimes, especially when you are new to Islam as I still am, and my coworkers have known me before I reverted. makes it a little harder.
I agree with you, but remember that we all ur brothers and sisters here. and step by step you will find new muslim friends and no problem with making friends with good people around you. :p

Wish u sister all the best.:peace:

Esther462
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
There are 2 things that are hard for me.
1. Learning Arabic. I know very little. :wasalamex
2. Which is the most hardest thing for me at the moment is getting my Christian friends and family to excepted that I am Muslim as most of them don't full understand why I turned to Islam and away from there faith. I'm getting streasted about it but if I keep praying, I carm down and hope they will understand and excepted me as for who I am. :mmokay:

genki
12-15-2007, 10:35 AM
I have heard that learning arabic and the complexities of the religion is hard. Likewise the temptations of former habits, fashions etc are hard to bear with too.

But mashaallah to all you reverted brothers and sisters! Keep it up!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!