/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Posters

Nicro
10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Should I take them down in my room? I remember hearing that you should...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

It depends on what they are posters of. Inanimate objects (trees, plants, etc) are ok, but images of humans are considered haram. There is ikhtilaaf (difference) between scholars on the difference between digitally taken pictures and hand drawn pictures..however either way the end result is a picture lol.

fi aman allah
w'salaam

Kittygyal
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Salamualikum.

There for a second i thought you want to take us posters in ya room +o( :enough!: Lol

Anywho, what kinda you have? CATS?

*~Sofia~*
10-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Salams,

Like sister Charsima said, posters of objects are ok, but pics of ppl are not allowed.. I think there is a hadith somewhere where it says..

That Angels dont enter the houses of where there's pictures and dogs. I'll try and find that hadith for you inshallah..

W'salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*~Sofia~*
10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
:sl:

Posters/pictures..same thing right?..Here's something that might clear things up inshallah :)

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...s%20in%20house

Hope it helps

Any other questions bro? just ask away

w'salam

Nicro
10-17-2007, 11:13 PM
ya there posters of people like Malcolm X and stuff.Thanks guys!!

believer
10-18-2007, 10:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nicro
Salaam Brother....

I can't help but take notice of this thread... I never really follow something without really reflecting about it.... but if some of the sisters say that it is haramm - then there is definitely a valid reason why.

with regards to posters, images, objects that represent a human being or any living thing... I believe we need to keep ourselves not surrounded by these things... If you reflect about it... subliminal programming uses these mediums in order to put something like an idea inside our minds.

In this case, if we reflect on it... an image of Malcolm X will place an indellible image of this person in our phantasms... or our subconsciouss mind.

The downside of having this in our brain cells is that we are displacing time and space for the remembrance of Allah... since we can only focus our minds to one subject at a time.

What we need to have is a vacant space to filled up with Allahs' Remembrance, the Qur'an and the ways of the prophet in focus in our daily lives... Any other images or concepts that will share this space will definitely take some time and space and will definitely be causes of distractions during our daily lifes routine.

It is merely a reflection on the subject. since it is frequently mentioned by Allah SWT in the Qur'an... that the Clear book is for those Who think, those who Appreciate... and those who Reflect....

May Allah's peace be with you... and your whole family... Ameen.

*charisma*
10-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

yea just take those down bro inshallah.

Salaam Brother....

I can't help but take notice of this thread... I never really follow something without really reflecting about it.... but if some of the sisters say that it is haramm - then there is definitely a valid reason why.

with regards to posters, images, objects that represent a human being or any living thing... I believe we need to keep ourselves not surrounded by these things... If you reflect about it... subliminal programming uses these mediums in order [...]
Mashallah, very well said and elaborated. Barak Allahu feek.

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.