/* */

PDA

View Full Version : black hair?

islamic_sister
10-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Does anyone know if it is haram to dye the hair black? if so does black mixed with another colour count?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Zaara
10-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Thread approved.

Salaam
10-17-2007, 10:04 PM
check for the answer on www.islamqa.com

~Taalibah~
10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
To dye your hair black is haraam, the reason i dnt knw.^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Miss Palestine
10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
i wuldd neverr wanna dye my hair blackk i'de rather stay with my natural hair color. nd i herd its harram 2 but its funny cz the ppl who tell me its harram r the ones who do it lolz

AnonymousPoster
10-17-2007, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Miss Palestine
i wuldd neverr wanna dye my hair blackk i'de rather stay with my natural hair color. nd i herd its harram 2 but its funny cz the ppl who tell me its harram r the ones who do it lolz
:X Why is that funni? May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) help them.

Miss Palestine
10-17-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:X Why is that funni? May Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) help them.
itsz funnii cz they dnt know what theyre sayin!! they never apply 2 wat they say...nd its sad that those ppl r my own relatives....Ameen

Umu 'Isa
10-18-2007, 02:17 AM
:sl:

Ruling on dyeing hair with black

Question:
I would like to know if Muslims are allowed to dye their hair (not including henna).

Answer:
Praise be to Allah.

Jaabir ibn ‘Abdullah reported that Abu Quhaafah was brought on the day of the conquest of Makkah, and his head and beard were white like "thaghaamah" (a plant whose flowers and fruit are white). The Messenger of Allah (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "Change this with something, but avoid black." (Reported by Muslim, no. 3962).

Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allah (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: ‘At the end of time there will be people who will dye their hair black like the crops of pigeons. They will never even smell the fragrance of Paradise." (reported by Imam Ahmad, see also Saheeh al-Jaami‘, no. 8153).

It was also reported from the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) that one should change grey hair, using any colour except black. Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "The best things with which to change grey hair are henna and ‘katam’ (a plant similar to henna which is used as a dye)." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no. 1675; he said: This is a saheeh hasan hadith).

Dyeing hair with pure black dye is haram because the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allah be upon Him) said: "Avoid black," and because of the threat of punishment reported with regard to this matter. This ruling applies to both men and women.

But if the black dye is mixed with another colour, so that it is no longer black, there is nothing wrong with it.

See Fatawa Islamiyyah, 4/424, and Fatawa al-mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/520.

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...t=black%20hair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.