/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Esther462
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm new on here. I am a christian and is thinking about converting to Islam. I've joined to find out more about this faith.
This web site was recomed to me by someone on the BBC web site, on the Religion and Ethics message boards, Muslim board.

I'm looking forward to read about this faith.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
10-17-2007, 06:29 PM
Hey!

Welcome to the forums :)
Hope you have a beneficial stay, Inshallah (God-Willing)

Any questions?...Please just ask! :shade:

believer
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Salaam!

Welcome!!! I am a former Christian and I reverted just last year.... you can view story's of reverts in another thread also in this site. Are you from UK?

Please feel at home here... as many of us did.

May Allah bless and guide you to the right path.

Ameen!

Kittygyal
10-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi mate.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Esther462
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks Abdullah.

believer, Yes I am from the UK. How you guess?

Al_Imaan
10-18-2007, 01:58 AM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay.

Abdul-Raouf
10-18-2007, 02:09 AM

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-18-2007, 07:57 PM

believer
10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
Thanks Abdullah.

believer, Yes I am from the UK. How you guess?
It's simple... it's just a wild guess... as the fish is caught by its mouth (according to confucious or some old chinese proverb)... you just mentioned BBC in your introduction. :D

Plenty of UK people here you know. :D (I'm not one of them)

by the way, do you have a copy of the Qur'an already?...

Esther462
10-18-2007, 08:30 PM
No I don't but I am thinking of buying one but it will have to be in english though as I find learning another lang really hard. I found learning english hard when I was young.

believer
10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Esther462
No I don't but I am thinking of buying one but it will have to be in english though as I find learning another lang really hard. I found learning english hard when I was young.

Salaam sister!

Last Year, I had my first english qur'an... a darussalam publication. I read it for one straight year... at least 1 chapter if possible every day.... so I was able to read it a couple of times over for the whole year.

Just remember - It is highly recomended to take a bath or a shower first before you start reading or opening the Quran... ... and say a small prayer for guidance... The reason for this is so the Devil will not be able to distract you in your reading. Devils love to be near people who are still unclean... while your guardian angels stick nearby whenever you are clean.

This way, you will always enjoy reading it... and every reading experience is always like a new one. People who don't do this practice normally lose interest in it and are normally getting the wrong interpretation. This is proven already by experience.

If only you are nearby, I would be willing to give you a Qur'an. I am sure a brother of a sister nearby will gladly give you one.

God Bless you and guide you...

Strzelecki
10-20-2007, 03:40 AM
Salaam.
Welcome to LI. InshaAllah you have a beneficial stay here.
So awesome to hear you're thinking of accepting Islam!! :D

May Allah (swt) continue to guide you. ^^

Pk_#2
10-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Hiya sis,

I just read the whole of that BBC site :o|

Hope you're well, some nutta's on the site i must say, be good and all the best in joining Islam

May God guide you. Peace.

Esther462
11-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Umma Wasat

I have to admite that they are nutters on the BBC web site.

Umm Hurairah
11-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Welcome.

May Allah guide you. Ameen Thuma Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!