/* */

PDA

View Full Version : problems with revision

Ummu Sufyaan
10-18-2007, 04:38 AM
:sl:
im not sure if this should go here, but anyways...
well, alhamduliah, im in a position where i am able to gain knowledge. However, since i dont have a teacher, (who would usually be watching over you like a hawk)i kind of have to go it by myself. my hurdle is though, with revision of the material i have read. im not sure how to go about it exactly. so far what i do is read the book first, write down key points, and memorize. im just wondering, if i do memorize, (the books im so ar reading are only very short, and inshallah, i plan to study their sharh-interpretations), how far should i go with this memorizaing. Because obvioulsy memorization does take up time, and if i memorize the sharh, which are usually volumes, i'll be here for god knows how long. so should i just write down key points, and make sure that i understand them. but then i think, whats the point of that, its not gonna stick (which i dont think it will). then i think that i should do my memorization option, but then, even after i do memorize, i'll be moving on to other things, inshallah, and what will garentee that i wont forget what i first memorized? most of you are probably thinking that he best memory is to practise. and i agree 100%, however, with subjects like aqeedah (which, as far as i know) it is belief in the heart, as opposed to physical practise which is what you would find with acts other acts of worship, eg, wodoo, prayer, etc. so therefore, it is much easier to remeber as you are putting these into practise quite frequently. does that make sense? so what should i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
10-18-2007, 05:30 AM
sister Maryam, barak Allah feqi
I am really encourage you to studying

so far what i do is read the book first, write down key points
I think this is enough because the mean idea will stick in your mind

but then, even after i do memorize, i'll be moving on to other things, inshallah, and what will garentee that i wont forget what i first memorized?
Yeah that is the problem with memorization. thats why I said you have to write the main points and then, try to understand the details. you might need after that a quick revision from time to time to refresh what you have read before. I think this is the best way to study since you will move from book to book.

another way I use when I am learning is just like you said:
with subjects like aqeedah (which, as far as i know) it is belief in the heart, as opposed to physical practise which is what you would find with acts other acts of worship, eg, wodoo, prayer, etc. so therefore, it is much easier to remeber as you are putting these into practise quite frequently
try to apply or even link anything you learned to your daily life, even if it is not physical practise like thoughts.
when you find yourself free try to think on what you have studied before like (aqeedah) it will be an interesting to think more about it, because that will encourage you to do more since you will find yourself live with what you are studying

hope this well help, if you find it useless, just forget it,because I dont want to confuse you more with such a style of studying. but that what I do with any knid of studying

may allah be with you sis

Ummu Sufyaan
10-24-2007, 07:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
sister Maryam, barak Allah feqi
wa barak allah feeki.

hope this well help, if you find it useless, just forget it,because I dont want to confuse you more with such a style of studying. but that what I do with any knid of studying
no, jazakallahu khair for your advice.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.