/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Conventions in London

jimbo123
10-18-2007, 04:51 PM
I'd really like to network with some muslim people in London. Make some new friends.

I thought the best way to do this would be to do some volunteer work at an Islamic convention. Or I could just go to the convention and introduce myself to people.

Problem is, it doesn't seem like there are any conventions in London. Does anyone know of any website that keeps track of this sort of event in London?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
InToTheRain
10-18-2007, 05:01 PM
I would suggest going to your Mosque regularely in your local area, ask if their is any way you can help out. Your local mosque are those local to you and people will insha'Allah befriend you, they mught also have info on conventons. Also try larger mosques, they usually have some sort of convention for learning or sports.

:w:

chacha_jalebi
10-18-2007, 06:31 PM
there this thing called "eid in the square" happenin on sunday in trafalgar square

come there it should be easy to make friends there:D

if you bring a child with ya, il give you a free goody bag:p

jimbo123
10-19-2007, 09:17 PM
Jazakallah for the responses. I'm sorry I could not reply sooner.

format_quote Originally Posted by Z.AL-Rashid
I would suggest going to your Mosque regularely in your local area, ask if their is any way you can help out. Your local mosque are those local to you and people will insha'Allah befriend you, they mught also have info on conventons. Also try larger mosques, they usually have some sort of convention for learning or sports.

:w:
That's a good idea. Not my local masjid though perhaps somewhere like East London Mosque.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jimbo123
10-19-2007, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
there this thing called "eid in the square" happenin on sunday in trafalgar square

come there it should be easy to make friends there:D

if you bring a child with ya, il give you a free goody bag:p
that's a good idea, I'll go if my family or friends go :D

I was reading in another Islamic forum and they were saying how haram it is to go to the Eid in the Square event... :?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.