/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New to site

TorontoHombre
10-19-2007, 06:01 PM
assalam alaikum to all,
I'm seeking dialogue and information regarding Islam. I was first introduced to it by a friend a year ago while I was living in a different part of Canada, lonely and confused. I've been studying Islam for roughly 8 months but I feel that I'm still not ready to revert as I come from a roman catholic family. My family isn't too religious so they wouldn't care but I need to make sure that it's right for me and I'm slowly getting to that point. I'm wondering if there are other hispanics on this website, or if you knwo of any, that have reverted from their christian-based roots to Islam. I disillusioned with the catholicism for most of my life, although I've done all the sacraments as prescribed by the school system/church.
I'm looking for open and honest dialogue and I'm hoping I'll find that on this site.
Once again thank you for having me on this site and I hope to learn more from you all.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Peace,

You will find many of us here are reverts. Quite a few of us were Catholic and several of us were seminarians studying to be Priests. there may even be a few former Priests, but I do not know for certain.

I do not know if any members are Hispanic, but I do not we have some Spanish speaking members.

Welcome to the forum and feel free to ask questions.

'Abd al-Baari
10-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi :)

Welcome to the forum :)
Hope you have a beneficial stay, Inshallah (God-Willing)

May Allah continue to guide you...Ameen

Karina
10-19-2007, 06:15 PM
:welcome:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
10-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Welcome, TorontoHombre.
I had a catholic upbringing too, although I do not describe myself as a catholic anymore.
I hope you find your time here in LI beneficial. I am sure you will find us a nice bunch of people.

Peace :thankyou:

shible
10-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Brother Welcome to LI.

I hope u can find many basics of ISLAM and many more interesting info

Insha Allah

Have an informative and Peacefull Stay

STRIDER_420
10-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the forum.......Hope you have a beneficial stay

TorontoHombre
10-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Thank you for welcoming me. One thing that I always loved and respected about Muslims is their hospitality and welcomeness of others, irregardless of one's belief. It's unfortunate that the crimes of a few criminals has had western media and uneducated westerners thinking that Islam is criminal. All religion is of peace. No religion advocates war, slaughter and injury to innocent people. In my motherland, Colombia, we have FARC and ELN are consider themselves Catholic Marxists. Originally, they had good ideals of how to run Colombia but now they work alongside the cartels and terrorize innocent people. Do they represent the ideals of Christianity? NO. just becaues they go to on Sundays doesn't mean that the church is advocating this groups ideals. I just wish uneducated folk and the media, would portray Taliban and Al-Qaeda in the same light: CRIMINALS WHO JUST HAPPEN TO BE MUSLIM!

As a history fanatic, I find it unfortunate that not too many people, especially Catholics, know the history of their own Church and the reason why it is the true religion of the sword. Many people are surprised when I tell them that for almost 800 years Muslims, Jews and Christians lived peacefully side-by-side in Spain, which was under Muslim rule. They're even more shocked when I tell them that when the King of Spain was able to recapture Moor Spain, they forced all Jews and Muslims to "Convert or Die!".

snakelegs
10-20-2007, 12:57 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]

Abdul-Raouf
10-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Al_Imaan
10-21-2007, 06:46 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you have a beneficial stay.

Kittygyal
10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
10-23-2007, 02:32 AM

جوري
10-25-2007, 10:38 PM
welcome aboard.. really is a pleasure and refreshing to have read your two posts.. I pray you find what you seek, spiritually and mentally..

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.