/* */

PDA

View Full Version : We're Getting A Kitten!!

.: Jannati :.
10-19-2007, 09:34 PM
:sl: brothers & sisters

lol yeh the title of the thread says it all, we're getting a cute lil:

:statisfie lol masha'Allah some of my lil sisters are scared of them, but its decided tomorrow after ishaa' insha'Allah its officially coming home!! :statisfie

wanted to ask, what should we call it? its a HE :eek::p its going to be black and white..and er..my brother has already suggested calling it Bilal for some reason :rolleyes:

oh and anyone have kittens/a cat? I don't know anything about having a pet lol :|

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
10-19-2007, 09:46 PM
salaam

awww lol bless ya sister :D

remem to look after it well

'Abd al-Baari
10-19-2007, 09:55 PM
:sl:

i'm so jealous...for some reason i love cats but i can't get one! :(

Lina
10-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Cats are scary.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-19-2007, 10:10 PM

Masha'Allaah! Cats are just too much fun! Call him Garfield? :p

Whatsthepoint
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Ubaydullah

That's a great sugestion.:D

~Taalibah~
10-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Masha'Allah! We have a cat but have to give it away, because too many animals!
What about Prince? Patch? As far as i know it isnt right to give animals Muslim name.

Amz
10-19-2007, 11:42 PM
i use 2 have a cat when i was little...he was very well trained :) for sum reason we called him cheetah, ( dont ask ) .. he was also black n white,looked a bit like that cat pic u posted.. oh wel get prepared to do extra work!

Strzelecki
10-20-2007, 03:55 AM
Cats are awesome.
If I'm single when I'm 40 I've decided I'm gonna be the male crazy cat lady.

Anyway. Just remember to feed him! Hehe. :D

Qingu
10-20-2007, 04:06 AM
I still remember the day my roommates brought my great beast of a cat home. I originally didn't want a cat, it was all their idea. But when I saw the kitten for the first time, it was like how you fall in love with your child the first time you see him. We've been best friends ever since.

I hope you're NOT going to declaw your cat. A lot of people think it's natural to declaw cats, but the procedure is really traumatic. It would be like if someone cut off the top joints of all your fingers.

10-20-2007, 09:23 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
That's a great sugestion.:D
:w:

my sister made the same suggestion! :p but Garfield's ginger/orange and it's not, and I can't imagine my dad call it that lool oh I've heard the prophet :arabic5: had a cat? or took care of one? does any one have any Daleel for this? I wonder, if he did, what did he name it...lol Allahu Alam...

format_quote Originally Posted by Qingu
I still remember the day my roommates brought my great beast of a cat home. I originally didn't want a cat, it was all their idea. But when I saw the kitten for the first time, it was like how you fall in love with your child the first time you see him. We've been best friends ever since.

I hope you're NOT going to declaw your cat. A lot of people think it's natural to declaw cats, but the procedure is really traumatic. It would be like if someone cut off the top joints of all your fingers.
Declaw? :ooh: whats that? ..actually don't want to know :|

anymore name suggestions? :p

'Abd al-Baari
10-20-2007, 09:33 AM

Some hadiths regarding cats^

Dawud :: Book 1 : Hadith 76
Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:

Dawud ibn Salih ibn Dinar at-Tammar quoted his mother as saying that her mistress sent her with some pudding (harisah) to Aisha who was offering prayer. She made a sign to me to place it down. A cat came and ate some of it, but when Aisha finished her prayer, she ate from the place where the cat had eaten. She stated: The Messenger of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: It is not unclean: it is one of those who go round among you. She added: I saw the Messenger of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) performing ablution from the water left over by the cat.
Muslim :: Book 32 : Hadith 6348

Abu Huraira reported from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) A hadith out of which one was this that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: A woman got into Hell-Fire because of a cat whom she had tied, and thus it could not eat, and she did not let it free so that it could devour the insects of the earth, until it died.

10-20-2007, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

Some hadiths regarding cats^

:eek: @ the second one ! subhan'Allah!

Jazaak'Allahu Khairan for posting those up!

Tania
10-20-2007, 12:13 PM
What about a russian name :?
Congratulation :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-20-2007, 12:14 PM
call it larry.

Pk_#2
10-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Awwwwwwwwww my cat ran away when we moved houses, pops in and out of the garden sometimes my mom see's it!! LOL

but she hates it so she scares it away :'( i want one sooo bad!

You're very lucky sis, be nice to eat aicha? :oP

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Qingu
10-20-2007, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghashiyah
Declaw? :ooh: whats that? ..actually don't want to know :|
Well, some cats tend to scratch furniture (or humans, when they're playing).

Some people's solution to this is declawing—a vet will cut off the first joints of the cat's front paws, so they can't scratch anything anymore.

A more humane solution is to get a nice big scratching post. And if your cat scratches something he/she's not supposed to, get a little squirt gun and spray him with water.

nebula
10-20-2007, 03:07 PM
ive got the greatest possible name for a male kitten in the world... its so good i reckon you should TRADE MARK IT!

its called SIMBA TM!!!!!!!!! frm the lion king

RAWR RAWR!! BITE BITE

call him simba or you could call him trade mark :D

Isambard
10-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Mine's called Isis....I dont know why as he's male....I didnt name him...

piXie
10-20-2007, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
call it larry.

no, call it MEOW :p

or Silly Billi [Billi = CAT in urdu :D]

-Elle-
10-20-2007, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
If I'm single when I'm 40 I've decided I'm gonna be the male crazy cat lady.

:D
LOL!Just like in the Simpsons...hahahahaha

Sis,you're so lucky:D

Names..names...I remember when I was a kid I'd make lists with names for cats(I know,sad.lol) 3/4 of my family were allergic(not me!) so I couldn't get one:( It's fine now most of them are all off and married,so im free to buy as many cats as I want!(yeah right.lol)

Name it Ario..or Oreo!Pixie,pebbles,rocky,or...Aladdin!:D

Im getting most of these off the top of my head,lol,go crazy with it..lol.

And make sure to tell us what you do name it in the end,im really curious:)

-Elle-
10-20-2007, 03:55 PM
omg,I just noticed the username on top of me is named Pixie..

Sorry sis!Hope It doesn't offend you lol...I didn't even notice until I posted what I had written.

haha:D

piXie
10-20-2007, 03:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
Name it Ario..or Oreo!Pixie,pebbles,rocky,or...Aladdin!:D
eh? why Pixie? :offended:

EDIT:
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
omg,I just noticed the username on top of me is named Pixie..
piXie*

your forgiven :p

Thanaa
10-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Aw, I love cats, my Mum wont let me get one incase it stinks the house up (were trying to move...)!
*cries*
Why not call it Jimbob? Or Muppet? Or possibly...Munchy?

*~Sofia~*
10-20-2007, 04:22 PM
:sl: sister :)

AWWWWW ur soo lucky your gettin a kitty :D:D:D
When i was younger i wanted a pet soooo bad... it was like any pet would do! use to beg ma parents sooo hard.. :lol: but they never did get me one.

Anyway 5 years ago, my elder sister went behind my parents back and bought us a kitten! :D omg he was such a beautiful kitten.. grey and white.. absolutely gorguz :D:D he was the only grey n white kitten from his litter.. so from the beginning he was pretty special :D
neway my parents totally freaked when my sis bought him home :lol: my dad in particular.. swore and shouted that we shud give him back.. ive never seen him so angry at this gorguz lil kitten!
But neway 5 years later, and we still got him.. mashallah he is a pretty cat i tell ya :D and i love him to bits...

Feed your cat, play wid him, look after him, and most of all love him :D and he'll be the happiest cat in your neighbourhood!

I would suggest to get your cat neutered..so he don't go round spraying his scent everywhere :X lol
Erm.. what else? you shud take him to the vet to get his early vaccines.. the vet shud tell you what he will need..

When my cat was a kitten, i use to play with him with some string..they love that! just drag it across the floor and he'll run after it. I also used to have a laser (don't worry.. it didnt harm him!) and if i moved the lil red light across the floor, he wud try to catch it lol was soooo cute mashallah :happy: my cat dont seem to like playing anymore tho.. maybe it's his old age! :( lol

as time goes on, you'll get to know ur cat as to what he likes and what he doesnt.. for example my cat hates whiskers (the cat food) and hates his tummy rubbed, but loves his chin rubbed and loves sheba(the expensive cat food!) hehe

as for names.. erm.. i think you shud go by what he looks like.. for example tiger for a stripy cat, snowy for a white cat, etc..

I love what Nebula suggested: simba as in the lion king :D mayb another name form the lion king?
Maybe go by a distinct mark that your cat has got.. like my cat has a deep black patch on his shoulder.. shud have named him patch or summing lol
but my sis named him Gizmo! :okay:
I love the name Aslan, the lion from the chronicles of narnia!
Err.. i'll try and fink of more names for you.. but im sure by then you'll have already decided! :shade:

Neway... i'll stop my rambling! Enjoy ur kitten hun.. memba they don't stay small 4ever so make the most of it.. soon he'll be as big as nefing!

Let us know how you get on.. and tell us what u name him inshallah..

Tc

w'salam
x :D

*~Sofia~*
10-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Salam again sister,

I found this website for kitten names :D it has so many different categories from where you can pick a name from: like personality, nature, nicknames, cartoon ect..so mite help you in the searcj for a name for ur new kitty.. Gud luck! :D
http://www.kitten-names.com/index.html

w'salam
x

*~Sofia~*
10-20-2007, 04:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lina
Cats are scary.
^ awww nah there not really! can u believe i use to be sooo scared of cats..even kittens when i was younger! So stupid lookin back lol but after gettin my very own gorguz kitty, i stopped being scared and love em all now :D
They so not scary once you get to know em :)

w'salam

10-20-2007, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
or Silly Billi [Billi = CAT in urdu :D]
:mmokay: nah i think PIxIE sounds way better doesn't it houda~? :D

Pk_#2
10-20-2007, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salam again sister,

I found this website for kitten names :D it has so many different categories from where you can pick a name from: like personality, nature, nicknames, cartoon ect..so mite help you in the searcj for a name for ur new kitty.. Gud luck! :D
http://www.kitten-names.com/index.html

w'salam
x
:offended: Names 56 and 129

http://www.kitten-names.com/spitter....Submit=Submit#

:shade: I wana see a pic of the kitty when you got it home :D

*~Sofia~*
10-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Names 56 and 129
^ whoops sorry hun, didn't see those! :X

I wana see a pic of the kitty when you got it home
^ me too! me too! i wanna seeee! Then maybe i cud find a name for him :D (only when a see an animal can i name it!)

w'salam :D
x

Karina
10-20-2007, 07:27 PM
My cat's called Rascal - and he is totally a naughty rascal!!

Hope you find a purrrfect name! (sorry couldn't resist!)

:statisfie

*~Sofia~*
10-20-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karina
My cat's called Rascal - and he is totally a naughty rascal!!

Hope you find a purrrfect name! (sorry couldn't resist!)

:statisfie
^ awwwww (:lol: at the pun)

w'salam

10-20-2007, 08:19 PM
WOW!! lol masha'Allah, jazaak'Allahu khairan for all of the responses!!! :statisfie:statisfie

OMG! subhan'Allah its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE, TINY AND ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!! :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfie

its just a little bigger than my dad's palm :p , and lool its tail tip and stomach area are black the rest of it is just fluffy whitenesssss :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfiesubhan'Allah I've held it in my hand before, its just soo waarrm and opens its eyes slightly then closes them again!! ..Ya'Allah such an amazing experience it is when hearing the little heart beat :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

lol well basically its a new born so we won't be keeping it yet :cry:, needs to stay with the vets first as its very weak subhan'Allah and TINY! plus as my sisters are little , they won't understand that it needs to be cared for while being extremely careful! its fragile life has just begun! :statisfie subhan'Allah so its best its going to be cared for by professionals!

I guess I'm upset we don't get to keep it yet, but insha'Allah it'll be home probs after a few months or so , depending on how long it takes to become stronger...subhan'Allah :statisfie

<< ..it looks like this accept its fluffier and and lol I think tiny-er!:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

I've taken pictures but insha'Allah will upload them when its back home you all can see a 'before' and 'after' pictures of it insha'Allah :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

How about calling it fluffy?? :statisfie lol or Abyaad? (white in Arabic I think? lol) :statisfie

subhan'Allah I've been calling it Tiny! lool its soo adorable..can't believe I was actually scared of them when I was a little younger
:-[

Pk_#2
10-20-2007, 08:29 PM
WOW!! lol masha'Allah, jazaak'Allahu khairan for all of the responses!!! :statisfie:statisfie

OMG! subhan'Allah its soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE, TINY AND ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!! :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfie

its just a little bigger than my dad's palm :p , and lool its tail tip and stomach area are black the rest of it is just fluffy whitenesssss :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie :statisfiesubhan'Allah I've held it in my hand before, its just soo waarrm and opens its eyes slightly then closes them again!! ..Ya'Allah such an amazing experience it is when hearing the little heart beat :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

lol well basically its a new born so we won't be keeping it yet :cry:, needs to stay with the vets first as its very weak subhan'Allah and TINY! plus as my sisters are little , they won't understand that it needs to be cared for while being extremely careful! its fragile life has just begun! :statisfie subhan'Allah so its best its going to be cared for by professionals!

I guess I'm upset we don't get to keep it yet, but insha'Allah it'll be home probs after a few months or so , depending on how long it takes to become stronger...subhan'Allah :statisfie

<< ..it looks like this accept its fluffier and and lol I think tiny-er!:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

I've taken pictures but insha'Allah will upload them when its back home you all can see a 'before' and 'after' pictures of it insha'Allah :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

How about calling it fluffy?? :statisfie lol or Abyaad? (white in Arabic I think? lol) :statisfie

subhan'Allah I've been calling it Tiny! lool its soo adorable..can't believe I was actually scared of them when I was a little younger
:-[
Fluffy :muddlehea

Abyaad it is den :shade:

10-20-2007, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Fluffy :muddlehea

Abyaad it is den :shade:

loool! fluffy's more feminine? ..

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 08:38 PM

HELL NO!!

thats one of my cat called 'Garflied' even though he aint fat.

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 08:40 PM
Salamualikum.

Humm.... taking over me are we now ha ? :X

ya i have 6cats, 1pup, 1dog, 1 parrot, 4 hamsters (which are nephews tho)

Anywho call it Miky

Need help ask away im the MOM of animals exspecialy CATS

ma'assalama

Whatsthepoint
10-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Mine's called Furry. Absolutely adorable, isn't she?:p

:-\

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 08:49 PM
^ Yo joking mate, thats not yours..

Oh must say it's cute indeed :)

Name = furry :L ... should be 'Non-Furry'

Pk_#2
10-20-2007, 08:53 PM

loool! fluffy's more feminine? ..
Go for it sis,

Fluffy it is den. *Gulp* :offended:

Whatsthepoint
10-20-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
^ Yo joking mate, thats not yours..
Honestly, It is...
Oh must say it's cute indeed :)
:)
Name = furry :L ... should be 'Non-Furry'
Geez, why haven't I thought of this myself?

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Honestly, It is...

Geez, why haven't I thought of this myself?
Greetings.

Oh kewl it looks cute :)

Ya think about it

10-20-2007, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Go for it sis,

Fluffy it is den. *Gulp* :offended:
lol I was saying fluffy's more feminine so it yeh it should be Abyaad as its a Male Kitten :okay: ?:thumbs_up

Salamualikum.

Humm.... taking over me are we now ha ? :X

ya i have 6cats, 1pup, 1dog, 1 parrot, 4 hamsters (which are nephews tho)

Anywho call it Miky

Need help ask away im the MOM of animals exspecialy CATS

ma'assalama
sis, I didn't understand your rep or what you mean here lol?

and No I'm not trying to be 'Kittygyal' :p

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 09:26 PM
lol I was saying fluffy's more feminine so it yeh it should be Abyaad as its a Male Kitten :okay: ?:thumbs_up

sis, I didn't understand your rep or what you mean here lol?

and No I'm not trying to be 'Kittygyal' :p

Oh man im scared in this thread aswel :cry::cry: (Dirty pwicks aliens are here aswel)

anywho sis don't worry not a big deal relax.

No one can be Kittygyal apart from the 'SOULJA_GYAL' :shade:

ma'assalama

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 09:42 PM
iv had cats :). i have guinea pigs and hamsters now :). what about calling it patch?

-Elle-
10-20-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
:mmokay: nah i think PIxIE sounds way better doesn't it houda~? :D
;D:giggling:

No offence but the cat with no hair is ABSOLUTLY CREEPY...

And Ghashiyah,keeping it with the vet is the right thing to do...poor thing must be so fragile and sensitive(and incredibly cute,lol).

Since he's so tiny,how about naming him Mini?(But when he'll get bigger it won't apply as well...)

Fluffy is too girly,:)call him something unique,Abyaad is:thumbs_up...!

10-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Abyaad

..i
t is then, lol still don't know if its the correct word to mean 'white' though...

my knowledge of Arabic is very limited! :( hmm anyone?

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Abyaad

..i
t is then, lol still don't know if its the correct word to mean 'white' though...

abyaad does mean white in arabic..although i pronounce is abyath..i dunno..maybe theres diffrent ways to say it..

10-20-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamic_sister
abyaad does mean white in arabic..although i pronounce is abyath..i dunno..maybe theres diffrent ways to say it..
hmm..I remember when I learnt it, the word abyaad was spelt with the Arabic letter ﺾ , so it'll be Abyaa'dh' ? ..maybe you pronounce it like that because of where you're from? wallahu Alam...

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:50 PM
hmm..I remember when I learnt it, the word abyaad was spelt with the Arabic letter ﺾ , so it'll be Abyaa'dh' ? ..maybe you pronounce it like that because of where you're from? wallahu Alam...
lol, i live in dubai, thts how the arabic ppl i no pronounce it :) we say it with a 'th'. But as i said i mean im sure theres more than one way to say it :D

10-20-2007, 10:52 PM
lol, i live in dubai, thts how the arabic ppl i no pronounce it :) we say it with a 'th'. But as i said i mean im sure theres more than one way to say it :D
Oh lol Masha'Allah @ living in Dubai, and excuse my illiterateness sis :-[ so do you know Arabic well enough to be able to translate a Du'a sis? :)

islamic_sister
10-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Oh lol Masha'Allah @ living in Dubai, and excuse my illiterateness sis :-[ so do you know Arabic well enough to be able to translate a Du'a sis? :)

No :cry:. i wish i did no arabic better, inshallah i will. i can talk the language quite a bit and understand most but only when it is basic words. inshallah i will be able to read, write and talk fully. do u no arabic?

kitten
10-20-2007, 10:57 PM

Can I ask how old this kitten is?

Ideally, it should be over 8 weeks. Thats when it is considered fully independent and whatnot.

Is it a rescued kitten or..?

10-20-2007, 11:01 PM
No :cry:. i wish i did no arabic better, inshallah i will. i can talk the language quite a bit and understand most but only when it is basic words. inshallah i will be able to read, write and talk fully. do u no arabic?

La sis, I don't just basic stuff that every Muslim knows, insha'Allah I intend to study it, whenever Allah wills. :thumbs_up

format_quote Originally Posted by kitten

Can I ask how old this kitten is?

Ideally, it should be over 8 weeks. Thats when it is considered fully independent and whatnot.

Is it a rescued kitten or..?
its a new born I think a couple of days..or maybe a week ? and well family friends have many pets/kittens so inquired if we would be interested in taking one..

DAWUD_adnan
10-20-2007, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
call it larry.

Lol at, the situation that it could be a female cat:D

Rambo,, yeah, Rambo thats what it should be,....

Miss Palestine
10-21-2007, 12:27 AM
awwwww...cats r so cutee...but i wudnt wanna have 1 tho =/

Yanal
10-21-2007, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by <Abdullah>

i'm so jealous...for some reason i love cats but i can't get one! :(
same i wish i had a kitten and named him Muhammad

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 05:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
Lol at, the situation that it could be a female cat:D

Rambo,, yeah, Rambo thats what it should be,....
okay, call it loretta then.

Tania
10-21-2007, 06:43 AM
Sasha - boy
Lara - girl

Ummu Sufyaan
10-21-2007, 06:47 AM
yeah, thats how it is meant to be pronouced. but i think dialects play a role in how people pronouce certain words.

Al-Zaara
10-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Aww. I love cats. InshaAllah I'll too buy one, one day... :smile:

Why not these names?

Male - Anubis, Hero
Female - Sekhmet

Yeah, I like Egyptian mythology. :D

sevgi
10-21-2007, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
same i wish i had a kitten and named him Muhammad
i dno how appropriate that wud be bro...

i know ppl who hesitate to name their newborns muhammed as they are affraid that ine day they mite mistreat him or utter him in badness and it will be disrrespect...

bt its ur choice....

-Elle-
10-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Abyaad

..i

Well im arabic and we pronounce it abyaad,exactly how you spelled it.But you know the arabic language differs from country to country.Anw,don't worry sis abyaad definetly means white,maybe the pronounciation varies a bit but that's no biggy, if you like that name go for it.:)

Anubis is cool ntw,:thumbs_up

~Taalibah~
10-21-2007, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qingu
Well, some cats tend to scratch furniture (or humans, when they're playing).

Some people's solution to this is declawing—a vet will cut off the first joints of the cat's front paws, so they can't scratch anything anymore.

A more humane solution is to get a nice big scratching post.
Our cat doesn't care two hoots for the scratching post but tries to scratch the couches whenever we aren't watching!

Our cats white so he's got a normal "snowy" for a name...

Al_Imaan
10-21-2007, 06:37 PM
i got a kitten from the adoption center about 2 months ago...i wanted to post a thread since I was all new to a pet..it looks exactly like the pic in the first post. he's 4 months now and I gave him an Italian name= Milo. He's so quiet and just likes to be alone...unfortunatly..

Nawal89
10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
naming cants blacky and snowy and fluffy is just wrong :( . I'm sure they dont like those names.

My bro named our last kitten lil bitty. :p
My favorite cat is named Boy. He's just awesome and loves to beg and jumps on ur lap and demand belly rubs and kicks u when u rub the wrong place. :p

Kittygyal
10-21-2007, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
naming cants blacky and snowy and fluffy is just wrong :( . I'm sure they dont like those names.

My bro named our last kitten lil bitty. :p
My favorite cat is named Boy. He's just awesome and loves to beg and jumps on ur lap and demand belly rubs and kicks u when u rub the wrong place. :p

SNOWY HA? :hiding::hiding: Im called snowy

~Taalibah~
10-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Why, whats wrong with snowy, fluffy and blacky? :?

Kittygyal
10-21-2007, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
Why, whats wrong with snowy, fluffy and blacky? :?

There's nothing wrong with Snowy, i know that for a fact because im fine :D (Kinda :offended:)

Blacky = kinda bad because of colour, not nice to say actualy that name sux.

Fluffy = not bad name, only if the cat is fluffy then ya it wouldn't be bad calling it fluffy, but if the cat isn't fluffy then no point calling it fluffy

get moi?

Ma'assalama

~Taalibah~
10-21-2007, 09:08 PM

There's nothing wrong with Snowy, i know that for a fact because im fine :D (Kinda :offended:)

Blacky = kinda bad because of colour, not nice to say actualy that name sux.

Fluffy = not bad name, only if the cat is fluffy then ya it wouldn't be bad calling it fluffy, but if the cat isn't fluffy then no point calling it fluffy

get moi?

Ma'assalama
Jee, lol!
Well yes, blacky isnt quite nice, fluffy we had a dog named that (as she was ) fluffy and snowy , i guess that name suited him best, not that i gave it to him!

Kittygyal
10-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Jee, lol!
Well yes, blacky isnt quite nice, fluffy we had a dog named that (as she was ) fluffy and snowy , i guess that name suited him best, not that i gave it to him!

As long as she/he wasn't Snowy like me then thats fine :p

Anywho take care.

Ma'assalama

~Taalibah~
10-21-2007, 09:21 PM

As long as she/he wasn't Snowy like me then thats fine :p

Anywho take care.

Ma'assalama
Its a He.
;D I'm sure he isnt.

Lina
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok, now i want one and it shall be called 'Mosh', 'Cat' or 'Gato'.

kitten
10-23-2007, 11:10 AM
its a new born I think a couple of days..or maybe a week ? and well family friends have many pets/kittens so inquired if we would be interested in taking one..

:uuh:

Is the mother sick...... not alive or something?

A kitten should NOT be seperated from it's mother till about 8 weeks, ie when it can eat solids and live independnetly.

I hope you are prepared to help take on the mothers role. A new born kitten needs to be kept warm constantly, and needs help with its digestion. Since yous aid it will be a week old. Then what you'll NEED to do is get a warm wet cloth and massage the rectum area after every feed to help its digestion. Its like burping a baby after feeding. If you don't do this it can be potentially dangerous for the kitten, it can become sick, due to unpassed matter and god forbid die.

Clearly its alot of hard work. I strongly suggest that it be kept with its motehr until its dosnt require as much help, otherwise you've got a lot of work to do.

Also make sure you get it registered with your vet. It needs to be dewormed , get its shots and if you dont want any more kittens in the future(if its female) or if you dont want the smell of its spray all over ur house and garden ( if its male)..then get it neutuered at about 5months old inshAllah.

He's so quiet and just likes to be alone...unfortunatly..
He was probabaly abused by whoever he was with before..:(..
I reeally really hate people who mistreat animals..:s

just carry on doing your best to ensure he knows that hes loved and welcomed..:)

*~Sofia~*
10-23-2007, 02:03 PM
:sl: Ghashiyah :)

Hows the kitty doin? Hope all is well inshallah.. Just had a lil question..

You see in one of your posts you wrote:

My grandma is currently interested in getting a kitten (luckily for me! :D) and I just wanted to know if your friends where you got your one from, has any others that want a new home for? Tried to PM you, but it doesn't allow me...

You can PM me if you want, just to let me know... Jazakhallah khair. :thankyou:

islamic_sister
10-24-2007, 01:52 PM
do u no wot ur gonna call it yet??

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 01:56 PM
I want a kitten! :cry:

You could call it Bluey. Or since it's not blue maybe you could call it Spots or is that too dogg-ish? :giggling:

Blackey. :)

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:05 PM
do u no wot ur gonna call it yet??
salams,

I think the sister is calling the kitten Abyadh (white in arabic..i think).
I thought maybe Felix coz he's black an white as well init :giggling: but anyway i like Abyadh it's different innit? :D

w'salam

islamic_sister
10-24-2007, 02:06 PM
yeah its a nice name :)

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 02:09 PM
An Arab kitty. :)

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Hurairah
I want a kitten! :cry:
^ yeh me too! I was searchin the net last night for em, and came across some gorguz kittens :smile: the ginger ones are too CUTE! I soo want one!

But it can be hard work sometimes havin a pet. I always have problems with my cat when we want to go on holiday! we've left him in a cattery once before and once he stayed wid grandma. There are advantages and disadvantages in havin a pet, but i guess the advantages outwiegh the negatives! :D

owww i want a kittennnn :(

w'salam

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:14 PM
yeah its a nice name
^ :happy: it is

An Arab kitty.
^ :giggling: perfect :D

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 02:14 PM
^ yeh me too! I was searchin the net last night for em, and came across some gorguz kittens :smile: the ginger ones are too CUTE! I soo want one!

But it can be hard work sometimes havin a pet. I always have problems with my cat when we want to go on holiday! we've left him in a cattery once before and once he stayed wid grandma. There are advantages and disadvantages in havin a pet, but i guess the advantages outwiegh the negatives! :D

owww i want a kittennnn :(

w'salam
This pic of like da cutest kitten alive ( actually I'm not sure it's alive ~ hope it is Insha Allah ):

Isn't it the cutest thing?

I *might* get a lil kitty soon Insha Allah.

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:18 PM
^ awwwwwww subhanallah! that is one GORGUZ kitty :D
awww soooo sweet :D jazakhallah for sharing that sister, put a HUGE smile on my face! ----> :D
I *might* get a lil kitty soon Insha Allah
^ aww inshallah sis :)

w'salam

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 02:21 PM
^ awwwwwww subhanallah! that is one GORGUZ kitty :D
awww soooo sweet :D jazakhallah for sharing that sister, put a HUGE smile on my face! ----> :D

^ aww inshallah sis :)

w'salam
I love it I love it I love it!

I feel like hugging da PC. :D :embarrass

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeh I know what you mean :giggling: just wanna cuddle him/her. my cuzins recently got a kitten too, and she was tiiiiiiiny.. she fitted on my palm, just soooo sweet mashallah. She's gone much bigger now and heard that she's very naughty! lol

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeh I know what you mean :giggling: just wanna cuddle him/her. my cuzins recently got a kitten too, and she was tiiiiiiiny.. she fitted on my palm, just soooo sweet mashallah. She's gone much bigger now and heard that she's very naughty! lol
Awwww Masha Allah they're soo lucky. :cry:

I love naughty kitties 'cuz if they are not naughty then all they'll do is sleep and eat and walk with their tummies hanging like Garfield. :giggling:

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:32 PM

Awwww Masha Allah they're soo lucky. :cry:

I love naughty kitties 'cuz if they are not naughty then all they'll do is sleep and eat and walk with their tummies hanging like Garfield. :giggling:
lol, you just described my cat perfectly! all he does is sleep n eat.. and cums occasionally for a rub! but maybe it's just his old age ;D but anyway im not complaining i love him juts the way he is :D
He can be naughty tho.. were stayin at ma grans at the mo, and she's got a cat too.. shes a girl, and omg he HATES her with a capital H! He's jealous of her lol can u believe animals can be jealouse of each other too?!
He's a bit of a bully to tell you the truth ;D we call him the Gangster cat, G for short! :giggling:

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
lol, you just described my cat perfectly! all he does is sleep n eat.. and cums occasionally for a rub! but maybe it's just his old age ;D but anyway im not complaining i love him juts the way he is :D
He can be naughty tho.. were stayin at ma grans at the mo, and she's got a cat too.. shes a girl, and omg he HATES her with a capital H! He's jealous of her lol can u believe animals can be jealouse of each other too?!
He's a bit of a bully to tell you the truth ;D we call him the Gangster cat, G for short! :giggling:
Awww what color/s is he? Is she white?

Maybe she's getting more attention then him? :giggling:

lol @ "Gangster cat" *rotfl*

rozeena
10-24-2007, 02:37 PM
aww congrats sis! call it kaali white bili ( sori dnt knw hw 2 say white in urdu lol)

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:41 PM
:giggling: It's a he, he's grey, but his stomach is all white and fluffy. he's a gorguz cat mashallah, he was the only grey kitty in his litter, all his brothers n sisters were black n white.

Maybe she's getting more attention then him?
^ no way! trust me, he gets all the attention.. he doesn't allow for her to get any! if u go to stroke her, he gets so jealous, and you can see the anger in his eyes lol. I've deffo seen another side to him ;D

lol @ "Gangster cat" *rotfl*
;D

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
aww congrats sis! call it kaali white bili ( sori dnt knw hw 2 say white in urdu lol)
Sufaid. :okay:

:giggling: It's a he, he's grey, but his stomach is all white and fluffy. he's a gorguz cat mashallah, he was the only grey kitty in his litter, all his brothers n sisters were black n white.

^ no way! trust me, he gets all the attention.. he doesn't allow for her to get any! if u go to stroke her, he gets so jealous, and you can see the anger in his eyes lol. I've deffo seen another side to him ;D

;D

Aww Masha Allah he sounds so adowable. :)

I like white and ginger type kittys. :cry:

Wow I feel sorry for da other kitty-kat. :( Poor girl. :cry:

I see what you mean by bully. :ooh:

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 02:49 PM
o_0

I see...

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Aww Masha Allah he sounds so adowable. :)
yeh mashallah he can sooo adorable at times, and you just forget his naughty side...

Wow I feel sorry for da other kitty-kat. :( Poor girl. :cry:
yeh we all do as well, and it dont help that shes real old imsad she probably can't wait till were gone! i dont blame her lol, but we do 'shu' him away when we think a fight is gonna happen, but alhamdulillah he's recently more settled down than before. :thumbs_up

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 02:54 PM
o_0

I see...
salam,

sister kitty, are any of your cats jealous of each other, like do they get jealous when u give one cat more attention than the other?

w'salam

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 02:59 PM

yeh mashallah he can sooo adorable at times, and you just forget his naughty side...

yeh we all do as well, and it dont help that shes real old imsad she probably can't wait till were gone! i dont blame her lol, but we do 'shu' him away when we think a fight is gonna happen, but alhamdulillah he's recently more settled down than before. :thumbs_up
lol Masha Allah.

Maybe they should try getting used to each other like Garfield and what was da dog's name again? :embarrass

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
salam,

sister kitty, are any of your cats jealous of each other, like do they get jealous when u give one cat more attention than the other?

w'salam

Indeed!

When i cuddle one of my cat the rest of them get jelous and come to me and lick my face.. Jump all around me..
As one of my cat got run over i got another which is actually me 7th cat but one has died so it's 6. My cats get jelous a lot and Masha'Allaah im soo happy that my cats and my pup and dog get on well with one another, but at times they certainly do get of the line. I mean my cats are totally different as i thought of them before... they have truley changed there character a vast improvement has been made. I love all my animals, no matter how much they get on my nerves. I do let my cats go for a walk on there own but there used to coming home at 7 because that my tea time along with there's. We have certain timing of feeding myself and my animals.
At night they all sleep with me.. my 6cats be all over the place on my bed. My pup lays infront of the door way and my dog sometimes lay on the bed but as it's gone big and fluffly it sleeps infront of the heater.

Animals do get jelous a lot. It's all about treating them well and sharing your love to one another. I have sad moments and if i don't kiss my animals they will come and sit on my knee or keep folowing me around.
I love them always and i will never loose them. There my babies!

Enough love goes out to my animals Mwah! X

Ma'assalama

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Aww Masha Allah sis Kitty.

It must be sooo cool to have a kitty-kat sleep with you on your very own bed. :cry:

I want a hundred kittys now!

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 03:17 PM

Indeed!

When i cuddle one of my cat the rest of them get jelous and come to me and lick my face.. Jump all around me..
As one of my cat got run over i got another which is actually me 7th cat but one has died so it's 6. My cats get jelous a lot and Masha'Allaah im soo happy that my cats and my pup and dog get on well with one another, but at times they certainly do get of the line. I mean my cats are totally different as i thought of them before... they have truley changed there character a vast improvement has been made. I love all my animals, no matter how much they get on my nerves. I do let my cats go for a walk on there own but there used to coming home at 7 because that my tea time along with there's. We have certain timing of feeding myself and my animals.
At night they all sleep with me.. my 6cats be all over the place on my bed. My pup lays infront of the door way and my dog sometimes lay on the bed but as it's gone big and fluffly it sleeps infront of the heater.

Animals do get jelous a lot. It's all about treating them well and sharing your love to one another. I have sad moments and if i don't kiss my animals they will come and sit on my knee or keep folowing me around.
I love them always and i will never loose them. There my babies!

Enough love goes out to my animals Mwah! X

Ma'assalama
awww u have so much love for your animals, it's sooo sweet :D Ive only got one cat an i love him to bits too!
My cat loves to be centre of attention, so if he aint getting any, no1 shud be.. he's the only cat in my house innit, so when we moved to ma granz whos got a cat of her own, he hated it, as there's now another cat to compete with all the love an attention for lol.

ahsan28
10-24-2007, 03:17 PM
I never understood why women like cats. Cats are independent, they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out of home and when they're home, they like to be left alone and sleep.

All those qualities that women hate in men, they like in cats :embarrass

:peace: :peace:

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 03:19 PM

It must be sooo cool to have a kitty-kat sleep with you on your very own bed. :cry:

Grown up with cats sister so i keep them right close to me. If they are far distance from me i will be teared apart!

Love = animals.

Buy one then because your certainly not getting one of mine, if thats what ya here for :uuh:

Ma'assalama

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM

lol, my cat is a long-haired cat so he's extra fluffy n hairy, it's kinda bad coz his hair comes out soo easily. So we dnt allow him to come on the beds, it such an effort to get rid of em! :uuh:
I think one cat is enuf hard work for me lol, even tho i want another..i think i'll giv it a miss (plus my parents wouldn't let me neway!) ;D

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28
I never understood why women like cats. Cats are independent, they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out of home and when they're home, they like to be left alone and sleep.
You forgot dat kittens are da kutest things alive!!!

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahsan28

All those qualities that women hate in men, they like in cats :embarrass

:peace: :peace:
ever heard of 'Training animals'

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 03:25 PM
awww u have so much love for your animals, it's sooo sweet :D Ive only got one cat an i love him to bits too!
My cat loves to be centre of attention, so if he aint getting any, no1 shud be.. he's the only cat in my house innit, so when we moved to ma granz whos got a cat of her own, he hated it, as there's now another cat to compete with all the love an attention for lol.

My pup is an attention seeker indeed!, He runs about and rolls on floor when im cuddling my cats and he thinks it's funny because he singgers around. Then he would try to tease my hamsters.. unfortunatly im very strikt when it comes down to animals because they all have to get treated well and stuff so i actually ground them by not giving them there special meal!

It's called 'Learning not to mess around'.... I love it!

My dog runs and fetches the post!! when i try picking it up or try finding them guess where they be??!! in ma doggy's basket!!

I LOVE 'EM

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 03:25 PM

Grown up with cats sister so i keep them right close to me. If they are far distance from me i will be teared apart!

Love = animals.

Buy one then because your certainly not getting one of mine, if thats what ya here for :uuh:

Ma'assalama
Waalaikumusalaam,

Aww Masha Allah you sure love your kittys. :)

I'm not here 'cuz of that. :muddlehea

Insha Allah I will get one soon.

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 03:27 PM
lol, my cat is a long-haired cat so he's extra fluffy n hairy, it's kinda bad coz his hair comes out soo easily. So we dnt allow him to come on the beds, it such an effort to get rid of em! :uuh:
I think one cat is enuf hard work for me lol, even tho i want another..i think i'll giv it a miss (plus my parents wouldn't let me neway!) ;D
Aww Masha Allah. :cry:

I'm going to get at least a hundred kitty-kats Insha Allah. :)

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM

Waalaikumusalaam,

Aww Masha Allah you sure love your kittys. :)

I'm not here 'cuz of that. :muddlehea

Insha Allah I will get one soon.

Sure you will insha'Allaah :)

I don't ONLY love ma cats i love EVERY ANIMAL

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 03:29 PM

Aww Masha Allah. :cry:

I'm going to get at least a hundred kitty-kats Insha Allah. :)

You mean Kit-Kat :offended:

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 03:30 PM

Sure you will insha'Allaah :)

I don't ONLY love ma cats i love EVERY ANIMAL

Ma'assalama
Waalaikumusalaam,

I love all animals except reptiles.

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Waalaikumusalaam,

I love all animals except reptiles.

You forgot 'Cats' :cry:

I love all animals :)

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 03:35 PM

You forgot 'Cats' :cry:

I love all animals :)
Waalaikumusalaam,

I don't dislike cats I'm just scared of dem. :embarrass

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 03:39 PM

Waalaikumusalaam,

I don't dislike cats I'm just scared of dem. :embarrass

But why? they don't harm you unless you harm them. :muddlehea

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 04:08 PM

But why? they don't harm you unless you harm them. :muddlehea
Waalaikumusalaam,

I don't really have a reason. :-[

I guess I haven't been around cats enough. :giggling:

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 04:11 PM

Waalaikumusalaam,

I don't really have a reason. :-[

I guess I haven't been around cats enough. :giggling:

Well then maybe you should insha'Allaah.

It's time for a change sister :coolalien

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 04:16 PM

Well then maybe you should insha'Allaah.

It's time for a change sister :coolalien
Waalikumusalaam,

No one in ma neighborhood has kittys. :laugh: Wait how can this similey :laugh: be laughing? *wacko*

Oooh I love change. :giggling:

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 04:18 PM

Waalikumusalaam,

No one in ma neighborhood has kittys. :laugh: Wait how can this similey :laugh: be laughing? *wacko*

Oooh I love change. :giggling:
Ofcourse it can sister, it's crying and laughing.... you know when you laugh soo loud you cry aswel... Anywho forget that.

Thats a disgrace they don't have any, maybe you can be the first and maybe the last aswel :X

So have you got any pets?

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Ofcourse it can sister, it's crying and laughing.... you know when you laugh soo loud you cry aswel... Anywho forget that.

Thats a disgrace they don't have any, maybe you can be the first and maybe the last aswel :X

So have you got any pets?
Waalaikumusalaam,

Oh lol. :giggling:

Insha Allah *if* I get a kitten. :'(

I used to have a beta fish and it's name waz Bluey but it died. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Nice avatar btw. :)

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 04:34 PM

Waalaikumusalaam,

Oh lol. :giggling:

Insha Allah *if* I get a kitten. :'(

I used to have a beta fish and it's name waz Bluey but it died. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Aww that sux.

I used to have a gold fish but they die soo quick.. my homie now has two fishes in his tank but he doesn't want them and is planning on passing them to me, im not very keen on having another two fishe's as i was really upset when my gold fish died:cry:. I can't seem to handle fishe's because my cats seem to get hyper.
Don't want the flavour of two dying this time.. one is a lot and two is even worse. Not my type seeing an animal dying. :uhwhat

Sister your using this icon >> :laugh: which certainy means LAUGH and it's not funny having a pet die! so use this one if your upset >> :(/:cry:

Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Nice avatar btw. :)

Shukran sister :)

Had this avi for a very long time so i thought i need change it.. been changing it quiet often this week :hiding:

Umm Hurairah
10-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Aww that sux.

I used to have a gold fish but they die soo quick.. my homie now has two fishes in his tank but he doesn't want them and is planning on passing them to me, im not very keen on having another two fishe's as i was really upset when my gold fish died:cry:. I can't seem to handle fishe's because my cats seem to get hyper.
Don't want the flavour of two dying this time.. one is a lot and two is even worse. Not my type seeing an animal dying. :uhwhat

Sister your using this similey >> :laugh: which certainy means LAUGH and it's not funny having a pet die! so use this one if your upset >> :(/:cry:

Ma'assalama
Waalaikumusalaam,

It looks like it's crying though. imsad Oh well I'll use this one then: :cry:

I used to have 2 goldfish too but mne died super fast as well. :cry:

Most of da time it's really hard to tell what prob your fishie has so you can't really help it much other than watching it die. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 04:44 PM

Waalaikumusalaam,

It looks like it's crying though. imsad Oh well I'll use this one then: :cry:

I used to have 2 goldfish too but mne died super fast as well. :cry:

Most of da time it's really hard to tell what prob your fishie has so you can't really help it much other than watching it die. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Yes i understand what you mean. Fish's need extra care and very hard to handle them. They die very fast indeed.

As long as i have all my cats then im happy. I wonder where 2 of my cats have gone.. haven't seen them for about 10mins now!
Maybe they'll come at 7 when it's my tea time and theres insha'Allaah

Ma'assalama

snakelegs
10-24-2007, 05:04 PM
i have 2 goldfish. one i've had for 5 years and the other for about 3.
they were "feeder" fish that my frog didn't eat, so i didn't offer them again. they cost 10 cents each. :statisfie

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i have 2 goldfish. one i've had for 5 years and the other for about 3.
they were "feeder" fish that my frog didn't eat, so i didn't offer them again. they cost 10 cents each. :statisfie
Hi.
Sis mine died. It was a disgrace because when i woke up and looked it was dead i picked it up from the tank and i see the eyes soo wide up and it's not wiggling about.

Maybe im poor at looking after 1 thing then ha? :uhwhat

Take care.

snakelegs
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
i just have mine in a 2 gallon fish bowl. the main thing about goldfish is that you need to change the water pretty often. they also do not like the heat. you also have to be careful not to over feed them, as they are pigs.
where i live, you also have to treat the water.

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 05:18 PM
i just have mine in a 2 gallon fish bowl. the main thing about goldfish is that you need to change the water pretty often. they also do not like the heat. you also have to be careful not to over feed them, as they are pigs.
where i live, you also have to treat the water.
Hi.

Yes i did often change the water. I did at times keep it inside or sometimes outside. I didn't overfeed it.

I actually bought a on how to look after fish's :offended:

God knows what was the matter of it. It died on the third night when i bought it!

My homie has had his two fishes for soo long! :uuh:

~Taalibah~
10-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Yes i understand what you mean. Fish's need extra care and very hard to handle them. They die very fast indeed.
Ma'assalama
No not really. I'm gone a biiiig way into fish and going to start breeding angels.
Once you get familiar and understand how to look after them its easy! I looove fish, much more interesting than cats to me!:D

Kittygyal
10-24-2007, 05:26 PM

No not really. I'm gone a biiiig way into fish and going to start breeding angels.
Once you get familiar and understand how to look after them its easy! I looove fish, much more interesting than cats to me!:D

Err not really love. Cats are much better and to share your love with.

Then again opinions ha.

Ma'assalama

*~Sofia~*
10-24-2007, 06:33 PM

My brother has got a huge tank, and had loads of fishes at the beginning. He had angel fishes, guppies, so many.. but slowly they all died :cry:
There was a pair a white fish, and a black fish (i named em salt n pepper) lol and one of the fishes had babies... there was like soo many lil eggs, and one by one they hatched and there was lil baby fishes.. unfortunatly some of them got eaten by the other fishes :( he's only left wid three huge fishes now! dunno what they called tho.
Neway I prefer any other animal apart from fishes..they kinda boring! lol all they do is swim up n down the tank and eat each others poop! ;D

w'salam

~Taalibah~
10-24-2007, 06:53 PM

My brother has got a huge tank, and had loads of fishes at the beginning. He had angel fishes, guppies, so many.. but slowly they all died :cry:
There was a pair a white fish, and a black fish (i named em salt n pepper) lol and one of the fishes had babies... there was like soo many lil eggs, and one by one they hatched and there was lil baby fishes.. unfortunatly some of them got eaten by the other fishes :( he's only left wid three huge fishes now! dunno what they called tho.
Neway I prefer any other animal apart from fishes..they kinda boring! lol all they do is swim up n down the tank and eat each others poop! ;D

w'salam
There could be lots of reasons the fish died(dont want t go into a fish keeping lecture noe,lol!:okay:) but if you guys really want know more go here http://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/
i like horses birds dogs better than fish!:smile:

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 01:06 AM

do you have any dog-faced puffer fish? i saw one in a pet store and probably would've bought it, if it hadn't been a salt water fish. what a face!!!
i don't know much about fish - just have those 2 goldfish.
check out this face:

*~Sofia~*
10-25-2007, 07:41 AM

:uuh:@ those pics of fishes :uuh:

w'salam

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 09:28 AM
aw... look at the last one. isn't that a face you could love? :D

*~Sofia~*
10-25-2007, 09:51 AM
err no! lol I don't think I could love a fish.. specially one that luks like that :X sorry

Kittygyal
10-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Salamualikum.

Them fishe's look well cute.... I want one like that because its fat init. :L

Ma'assalama

~Taalibah~
10-25-2007, 01:30 PM
do you have any dog-faced puffer fish? i saw one in a pet store and probably would've bought it, if it hadn't been a salt water fish. what a face!!!
i don't know much about fish - just have those 2 goldfish.
check out this face:

Wow! Thats huuuge fish! And pretty interesting too! No, i dont have those. i dont have salt water fish. I have fresh water fish and a green spotted puffer.
http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/puf-nigr.htm

~Taalibah~
10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
:DYes!

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Wow! Thats huuuge fish! And pretty interesting too! No, i dont have those. i dont have salt water fish. I have fresh water fish and a green spotted puffer.
http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/puf-nigr.htm
that's a cute one too...but not nearly as cute as that dog-faced puffer!

~Taalibah~
10-25-2007, 09:29 PM
that's a cute one too...but not nearly as cute as that dog-faced puffer!
Yes you are right, i must check out those fish when i have time. Never seen them b4.

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
the only reason why i haven't downloaded and installed a dog-faced puffer is that they are salt water fish and i think salt water fish are a lot more complicated and expensive to keep. i am better to stick with my 2 10 cent goldfish.
but oh, what a face!

~Taalibah~
10-25-2007, 09:41 PM
the only reason why i haven't downloaded and installed a dog-faced puffer is that they are salt water fish and i think salt water fish are a lot more complicated and expensive to keep.
Expensive definitely!
But we are going hopelessly off topic here:X: Better make fish discussion or something!;D

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
true. it is vaguely connected in my head, because i have a cat. so far he has not discovered my goldfish, but i worry about it. it took him several months to notice my lizards, but once he did, i had to block them off because he went right through the screen of one cage.
having cats and other pets is a bit tricky.
there! we are back to cats! :D

Umm Hurairah
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Wow some of those fish look scary. :-[

snakelegs
10-25-2007, 09:55 PM
this cat looks much too much like mine!!!

there! now we're back to cats for sure.

Sister_6038
10-26-2007, 01:32 AM
i have a really bad phobia of cats...and i dont know if its by coincidence that everywhere i go theyre in their masses but i dont think its working well to get rid of it...like at my uni halls theres loads of the things...

i dont dislike them...am just indifferent to them...btw how about calling the cat Al Capone...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.